Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

imagine if that was in persona 4

'we found 'magic leaves' in your gym bag. who was your supplier!?'

"People reported you seemed more depressed than usual, you were clearly hanging around one of the victim's family members"

"... why were you even working part time at a Day Care? We found a strange business card that just had 'HATE CHILDREN' scrawled on it in your bag."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Someone 16-17 dating someone 15-16 is nothing strange.

Course you probably aren't the same age as joker so I won't say you're wrong for feeling like this.

Joker is 17, Futaba is like 14. It's also more about the relative maturity and whatnot that makes it feel even worse.

I will still reluctantly date her for my 9 girl harem ending though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Joker is 17, Futaba is like 14. It's also more about the relative maturity and whatnot that makes it feel even worse.

joker is 16, futaba is 15.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Shortest Path posted:

Futaba is a year younger than Joker, it says so in her in-game bio!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does Invig 3 stack with SP adhesive?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Zore posted:

Yeah she goes through phases where shes better at offense or support. If you get her final Nuke skill she can absolutely melt faces with it but its super late game.

I was level 68 or 69 by game's end, which seems to be a level where Ryuji is at his prime, because he was the only character I had who could break four digit damage by the end. Ann was a life saver. If certain characters require a higher level to hit their peak, they may be hard-mode only characters for me. This game, more than any other in the series, requires very little level grind.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Invig and the SP levels are considered the 'same' so they don't stack if you have SP 3 and Invig 3. If you have SP 3 and Invig 2 they will stack though for 12 SP per turn (or vice versa).

Basically make sure one is level 2 and one is level 3.

You could also fuse Invig 1 on for 3 more per turn, but that feels like a waste of a slot imo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It does not. SP Adhesive is basically considered as you having the Invig 3 skill, and the same passive skill twice doesn't stack.

Invig 1 and 2 does stack though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think if they are the same level it doesn't stack but if they are different it definitely stacks

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AFAIK Ann is the only party member who gets Concentrate and has the highest magic stat so her heavy/severe fire attacks are pretty loving scary at the end

Really I think this game did the best job yet in the series of making every character good.

Zore posted:

You could also fuse Invig 1 on for 3 more per turn, but that feels like a waste of a slot imo.

There's so many good passives in this game that fusing endgame/NG+ personas is tough

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

AFAIK Ann is the only party member who gets Concentrate and has the highest magic stat so her heavy/severe fire attacks are pretty loving scary at the end

Really I think this game did the best job yet in the series of making every character good.

Except Yusuke.

I really can't think of a situation where I'd use him over literally anybody else while everyone else has stuff going for them. Maaaaaybe during Palace 3, but even then Ann and Ryugi will probably be higher level confidants and have good skills, Morgana is waaaay better as a support and Makoto blows him out of the water immediately.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yusuke is Hot and Ryuji is Not

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I was around level 71 by the time I beat the game, and both Ann and Haru were hitting like trucks. Makoto was mostly on Mediarahan/Marakukaja duty, though, although she did decent damage when she was actually attacking.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

Yusuke is Hot and Ryuji is Not

Ryugi is a biker pirate while Yusuke has a fox tail half-assedly hanging out of his pants.

Advantage: Ryugi

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

Except Yusuke.

I really can't think of a situation where I'd use him over literally anybody else while everyone else has stuff going for them. Maaaaaybe during Palace 3, but even then Ann and Ryugi will probably be higher level confidants and have good skills, Morgana is waaaay better as a support and Makoto blows him out of the water immediately.

His baton pass attacks are legitimately crazy strong and they basically keep pace with a charged Ryuji, so he can do serious work. But then again baton passes aren't consistent against bosses and a baton passed charged Ryuji is stronger anyway.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Jesus christ Yusuke, why on earth do you think it's okay to play with a girl's sentai figures without her permission

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

His baton pass attacks are legitimately crazy strong and they basically keep pace with a charged Ryuji, so he can do serious work. But then again baton passes aren't consistent against bosses and a baton passed charged Ryuji is stronger anyway.

That was always my issue with him, Baton Passes are so rare against bosses and without them he's doing less per hit than even non-charged Ryugi.

And on random encounters I basically just always stuff Joker with +agi gear and annihilated them before any of the teammates get to go. I think Ann only attacked like twice during the fourth Palace outside of minibosses/boss fights.

Zore fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 15, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Palace 2 boss is wrecking my poo poo :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zore posted:

Ryugi is a biker pirate while Yusuke has a fox tail half-assedly hanging out of his pants.

Advantage: Ryugi
ah yes ryugi, my favorite person 10 character
'
yusuke's fox tail is tied to one side of his pants tyvm, it's his first fursuit be nice

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a persona skill that halves SP costs like there is for phys ones? If so which. Cuz I really need to work it onto my Satan.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Jesus christ Yusuke, why on earth do you think it's okay to play with a girl's sentai figures without her permission

He never had the money to buy any so he doesn't understand. Please forgive him.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there a persona skill that halves SP costs like there is for phys ones? If so which. Cuz I really need to work it onto my Satan.

I think it's called spell master? A bunch of ~level 80 guys get it including at least one of the angels

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Palace 2 boss is wrecking my poo poo :(

Fuse a persona with rampage or another good physical skill that hits everyone. Ryuji and Joker using rampage took out most of the paintings in one turn and really trivialised the fight for me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it's called spell master? A bunch of ~level 80 guys get it including at least one of the angels

Do you know if any of them give it up as a card via itemization?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Spell Master, I know Kohryu gets it among others

Here's a database thing for ppl who like to make monster Personas, trying to finish compendium, etc

According to this there's no way to get a card, but what you can do is save and use the Gallows thing to try and kludge it onto your Satan (it randomly picks an ability from the Persona you feed afaik so you may have to try a bunch)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Spell Master, from Lucifer, Ishtar, Kohryu, Uriel, or Mada. All of 'em are 80+ though, and it doesn't have a card AFAIK, so it's gonna be expensive.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Yusuke would be a lot better if he was in DDS, where sukukaja/avoiding hits was a Big Deal

at least he's not invalidated by ryuji quite as hard as chie is by kanji, or ken is by half the team. Being #2 at something isn't so bad when that thing is almost always useful and you need 3 people hanging around anyway (until haru shows up who does similar/better phys to all damage and can do other cool things too)

Kalsco posted:

Palace 5 General Mechanical Spoilers:

Goddamn I am getting my rear end handed to me. Palace 4 was a walk in the park, but all of a sudden the chief robos with the infini-summon just make combat a slog and really more of a "Wait until Joker can use the appropriate weakness because he is the only one with access to the appropriate weakness" and trying not to die until them. Not cool.

Get arahabaki (goofy blue statue) or grimekala (one eye elephant w/ a sword) from random encounters and be untouchable while your party members hit the weakness, you should have someone that can hit them at this point

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 15, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haha Goro owning himself during the school festival after trying to be all cool and mysterious was great.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

A cool way to make yusuke better/more unique in P5: the search for more money would be some sort of passive that benefits from the large number of hits he gets from tempest slash/his gun.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He never had the money to buy any so he doesn't understand. Please forgive him.
yusuke saying that he doesnt have many outfits when ann asks why he's wearing school uniform on sunday is brutal

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

yusuke saying that he doesnt have many outfits when ann asks why he's wearing school uniform on sunday is brutal

I have so much money why can't I give my beautiful poor boy some cash. :(

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

darealkooky posted:

at least he's not invalidated by ryuji quite as hard as chie is by kanji

Honestly Yusuke would've been much better off if they gave him Chie's gimmick of high crit rate physical skills and actually stuck with it for the endgame unlike they did with her.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I have so much money why can't I give my beautiful poor boy some cash. :(

gently caress that, why isn't Haru paying for our gear

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Honestly Yusuke should also have gotten gun skills.

Haru has way too many good things fighting for space on her list already and it would help differentiate him a lot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's strange, you earn that money as a group, why does the MC keep it all to spend on massages and drugs

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

gun skills on a ninja don't make sense though, while they do for a swashbuckler/musketeer

something that would be ninja-like would be if he was the only one that got phys skills that also did ailments, but instead a bunch of other people get those too

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if they'll let Persona 5 stand on its own or if in two years we'll have Persona 5: Red Velvet edition with an extra S-link where they add a girl with a bad speech gimmick who turns out to be super essential to the entire plot despite being shoehorned in

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I feel like Yusuke is a by product of when in the development they were maybe thinking of having three physical damage type in slash blunt and gun and Ryuji was supposed to be the blunt and Yusuke the slash party member

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's strange, you earn that money as a group, why does the MC keep it all to spend on massages and drugs

who would you rather hold the money, joker or ryuji?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The yens you get are actually your fair share, it's just that your teammates blow all that money on Big Bang Burgers the night they crawl out of a palace and Morgana does his best to save your diet.