Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Jimbot posted:

End-game spoilers: Can I do Shido's Palace right away or should I wait? The in-game tip windows sounded like once you commit things would end. I still have social links to do!

Do it immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Jimbot posted:

End-game spoilers: Can I do Shido's Palace right away or should I wait? The in-game tip windows sounded like once you commit things would end. I still have social links to do!

Do it right away. It's no different from a normal dungeon in that sense.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jimbot posted:

There's no penalties for doing it as soon as possible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JackDarko posted:

"You were able to get high tech customized guns, something you possibly couldn't have done yourself. Surely someone had to have made those guns for you" - Sae

"..." - Joker

Sae is a lovely investigator guys.

I would play a Sae spinoff where you question suspects on completely obvious things

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How do I get a job at the bar?

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How do I get a job at the bar?

Speak to Lala Escargot directly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would play a Sae spinoff where you question suspects on completely obvious things

I want a Sae game were you have to contrive a reason why each and every one of the thieves friends directly contributed to his thievery.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

She would be, except I never actually bought or customized any guns

you get a customized gun by starting that confidant

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Customized guns would be cool if they did anything good.
Even when they do and have a chance to induce status, I end up forgetting that and never use them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Should i sell that free item that I get for buying the game worth 50,000 yen and buy kickin' rad gear or other things? I just got to the point where I can buy guns and do whatever I want

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Somehow I missed that all the tarot cards have goofy, incorrect illustrations. The Fool is being bitten by his dog, The Chariot has a broken arm, Hanged Man is talking on his cell phone, etc.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Meiteron posted:

I'm not through the whole game yet but just lol if you think they're not going to be making a billion spinoffs in every possible media format in the years to come.

I think our anime friends will be around for a long time :unsmith: we'll probably all be sick of them just in time for Persona 6.

That's good news. I can't wait to break dance with futaba.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Its rebellion against the intended meaning. My favorites are:

The High Priestess is reading something dirty
The Sun is overly positive and scorching the earth
Death is actively dismembering bodies
The Star is chugging the benefits of success

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 16, 2017

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

The Gorp posted:

Its rebellion against the intended meaning. My favorites are:

The High Priestess is reading something dirty
The Sun is overly positive and scorching the earth
Death is actively dismembering bodies
The Star is chugging the benefits of success

Justice's really nails home the intent, even if it's a little on the nose.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm the cigarette-smoking Emperor.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I hope they make an official set of the cards. They're quite nice and I would like to own them.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

JackDarko posted:

I hope they make an official set of the cards. They're quite nice and I would like to own them.

Going by precedent they'll split the arcana into preorder bonuses for persona 5 arena ultramax and persona 5Q shadows of mementos

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Pollyanna posted:

What's the trick to getting a Lachesis with Tetraja?

Also goddamn do I hate it when I end up with combinations where one or two magic-focused Personas make a physical Persona. I forget, does this game follow the usual SMT logic of preferring to keep high-level demons instead of keeping lower level ones around?

I don't know about you guys, but I used Shiki-Ouji pretty much the whole game.

Party Bug posted:

Got to Rivers in the Desert, it's pretty good.

but Life Will Change is still the hypest poo poo out there.

Both of these had me literally dance in my chair while playing. This is some epic poo poo. I haven't seen a game soundtrack this good since probably the n64 days.

How did they justify Sae's palace not falling apart once they steal the treasure? That seemed like a bit of a plothole for me.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 16, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Urgh, raising Proficiency is so slow. I could say the same for Kindness since you can only raise that during the day outside of movies.

Gotta hit that Kindness 5 for Sojiro eventually though. I should be maxing Guts soon as well to finish up Hanged. Pretty sure I'm gonna leave Fortune/Devil/Temperance/Tower on the backburner for next playthrough. I might be able to do Star, but she's a lower priority than Hanged/Hiero/Sun. Maybe I'll do Moon since that's 'easy' rank ups.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ApplesandOranges posted:

Urgh, raising Proficiency is so slow. I could say the same for Kindness since you can only raise that during the day outside of movies.

Something I'm curious about, is it actually more points to go 1->2->3 etc or is the same value for every rank?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I used Shiki-Ouji pretty much the whole game.

Both of these had me literally dance in my chair while playing. This is some epic poo poo. I haven't seen a game soundtrack this good since probably the n64 days.

How did they justify Sae's palace not falling apart once they steal the treasure? That seemed like a bit of a plothole for me.

They never (endgame) actually stole the Treasure. The suitcase was just a prop they had prepared to fool Goro. Sae changed by talking to Joker in the real world and realizing the truth, not by having her heart changed.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Gotta hit that Kindness 5 for Sojiro eventually though. I should be maxing Guts soon as well to finish up Hanged. Pretty sure I'm gonna leave Fortune/Devil/Temperance/Tower on the backburner for next playthrough. I might be able to do Star, but she's a lower priority than Hanged/Hiero/Sun. Maybe I'll do Moon since that's 'easy' rank ups.

The flower shop job raises Kindness and can be done at any time of day. And also twice a day, which is just kinda funny considering it's supposed to be part time.

Also, Fortune is worth raising because at rank 7, you unlock the ability to raise your friendship with any confidant once per day, without taking any time up, for 5000 yen.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 16, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Something I'm curious about, is it actually more points to go 1->2->3 etc or is the same value for every rank?

It gets increasingly harder to rank up I believe.

Saigyouji posted:

The flower shop job raises Kindness and can be done at any time of day. And also twice a day, which is just kinda funny considering it's supposed to be part time.

Also, Fortune is worth raising because at rank 7, you unlock the ability to raise your friendship with any confidant onec per day, without taking any time up, for 5000 yen.

Totally forgot that it was doable day or night, derp. Thought it was day only.

Fortune's at 1 right now and it's early September, so hmm.

Is it worth chugging for Kindness (for Sojiro) or Proficiency first (for Yusuke/Haru)? Guts says Proficiency, because I imagine I'd want to give Haru Baton Pass at least.

At least the social rank stuff will be a breeze on NG+ once I've maxed out nearly all the stats and I can also do the books/games trophies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The game cheater has the best fuckin' voice in this game

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Guys quit messaging me I know the fate of the world hangs in the balance and we're the only ones who can stop it and time is running out but right now I just want to play video games with my cat for eight days straight.

Unfortunately with that gone it now leads to the worst part in any game ever: fishing. This is going to suck.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I forgot you could fish in this game.
That and the batting cage were such phenomenal wastes of time that I just never did them after the first try.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sitting around waiting for the reaper to show up on a flu day... what's the worst that could happen outside of mementos music on loop for hours

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The game cheater has the best fuckin' voice in this game

:haw: incarnate

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Gorp posted:

I forgot you could fish in this game.
That and the batting cage were such phenomenal wastes of time that I just never did them after the first try.
Where is the fishing spot, anyway? I never found it on my first playthrough.

I visited the batting cages twice and managed to hit precisely gently caress all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

Where is the fishing spot, anyway? I never found it on my first playthrough.

I visited the batting cages twice and managed to hit precisely gently caress all.

Gotta read a book to discover it, I think. Don't believe any link takes you there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well, just finished Persona 5 and it was one hell of a ride :suspense:.

ApplesandOranges posted:

It gets increasingly harder to rank up I believe.

Totally forgot that it was doable day or night, derp. Thought it was day only.

Fortune's at 1 right now and it's early September, so hmm.

Is it worth chugging for Kindness (for Sojiro) or Proficiency first (for Yusuke/Haru)? Guts says Proficiency, because I imagine I'd want to give Haru Baton Pass at least.

At least the social rank stuff will be a breeze on NG+ once I've maxed out nearly all the stats and I can also do the books/games trophies.

Do Kindness for Sojiro. After a certain point his confidant stuff is actually tied into Futaba's and you really want your navigator getting those sweet buff moves.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Found out the hard way that Endearing Soul and Final Guard will NOT trigger on reflect damage. As I hit the last boss with a super charged attack, only for it to reflect back and one shot the MC. I was so close to it being over too! augh!

You hit the Sword, didn't you? :v: I did that took, just to try and wipe it out like the Gun and Bell and learned the hard way :gibs:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maxed all my stats by the end of September. Probably focused on them a bit too much compared to Confidants but hey I wanted to make sure my stats were maxed for NG+

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It took me until June in NG+ to max out Guts. Probably should've eaten more burgers on the first playthrough.

I honestly wonder how many nights I wasted going to sleep because I assumed the stupid cat wasn't going to let me go out.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Doc Morbid posted:

I honestly wonder how many nights I wasted going to sleep because I assumed the stupid cat wasn't going to let me go out.

If you're doing dumb stuff for trophies you wind up sleeping to fast forward to evening/morning sometimes. He constantly bitches at you for sleeping when you should be out doing things. Morgana is the worst cat.

Edit: Oh, well that's a thing. Just fished up the guardian, from long range, with my only top quality bait and the starter rod. I'm convinced Atlus will patch this under pressure from the King of Video Games because I didn't suffer enough. :v:

Mailer fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 16, 2017

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's funny how a lot of the shadows you encounter in mementos via requests get distorted because of money problems yet have no problem throwing away thousands of yen when confused. Currently confusion farming from Mr and Mrs. Takase and the sheer amount of money I'm getting from the fight is hilarious considering how the reason they turned to poo poo was due to lacking money.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Endgame spoilers. I found it kind of funny to beat this game as the clock ticked over into Easter. I killed a god and became a savior instead.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

101 hours later, I can't imagine wanting to jump into NG+. It's 6:36AM here now. If I want to see alternate cutscenes I'll just go to youtube.

I'd write some detailed impressions, but who the hell cares. In spite of the game's many faults, I enjoyed myself to the point where I binged this 100 hour game as much as I could. Again, as a huge jRPG fan I haven't enjoyed a game in this genre this much in a very long time.

Final boss spoilers:

Ending spoilers:

Boss seemed slightly annoyed that the MC was dating Futaba in that valentines day scene, which is funny because moments earlier he was bragging about his exploits in his youth

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
He has a comment about your 2nd spoiler if you max his confidant

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Lakbay posted:

He has a comment about your 2nd spoiler if you max his confidant

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Night Blade posted:

Ending spoilers:

Boss seemed slightly annoyed that the MC was dating Futaba in that valentines day scene, which is funny because moments earlier he was bragging about his exploits in his youth

You are a crimeboy. Sojiro is protective of his adoptive daughter and in rank 10 of his confidant he basically says "We're super cool, just never date Futaba. You're a good person but a lovely influence".