Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
None of you are funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Pun chains are the one time I wish SA was like Reddit where all the pun replies would be contained to a single group that could be minimized so I'd never see it and also so all of you could downvote this here post of mine so no one could ever see it either.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Pun chains are the best because it outs the autists who have no sense of humor, but love to let people know they don't like something

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
We're all idiots. The people making puns, laughing at them, being annoyed by them, all of us. Idiots

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

None of you are funny.

Malachite?

More like Mal-intent.

e: I can't stop someone send help.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

BJPaskoff posted:

Pun chains are the one time I wish SA was like Reddit where all the pun replies would be contained to a single group that could be minimized so I'd never see it and also so all of you could downvote this here post of mine so no one could ever see it either.

So, what I hear you saying is you'd like to punt this stuff off the forum?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is this the funny forums quotes thread?

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I knew someone at the DMV who was involved with their recalling of the "PUSSY" plate over a decade ago. Yes, they actually let it out, it was owned by a little old cat lady who fought it every step of the way.

Platystemon posted:

Cat lady grabbed the pussy before it was cool.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cacafuego posted:

Pun chains are the best because it outs the autists who have no sense of humor, but love to let people know they don't like something

Haha yes it's not the people who are repeating a joke someone else made for literal irl days that are the autists. yes good assessment of the situation

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One time in SF I saw two custom plates literally back to back. First car was like "HOTBABE" or something & right behind her was following "UNIXNRD"

welp i thought it was amusing

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The three people I recognize in this photo are Arik Sharon, Leonard Cohen, and Matti Caspi. Incidentally, the only clean-shaven ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jfh3Gfiu24

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i love arik's rapt expression as he gets really uncomfortably close to lc

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Avshalom posted:

i love arik's rapt expression as he gets really uncomfortably close to lc

He just looks busy talking to that woman just behind him, I think.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
no shut up he is staring longingly into leonard's eyes

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Grandmother of Five posted:

I'd like to make a general request about sharing info on stories of why any off-sites might have sprung from SA. I get that talking about off-sites might be drama-prone, since I'm assuming most off-sites come about because people were unhappy with SA, but it seems like a topic that fits this thread.

Syd Midnight posted:

You can use a modified Drake Equation to estimate how many there are

There's been at least 2830 permabans, divide those by average number of re-regs, 5080 autobans which is good for at least 3000 Leaving Forevers, 21000 regular bans multiplied by the tenbux percentage; 200000 accounts including 100k hour probations, 11280 gassed threads divided by tantrum factor, plug in a shitposter percentage then divide it all by number of shitposters required to keep a subforum going @ 6 subforums per forum = number of habitable forums capable of sustaining life based solely on hatred of goons, Lowtax, and mods.

I assume Dare, Matt Damon,and Bitchkilla accounts cancel out J4Gs and other MMO griefing victims, numerically

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My fave Dustin Hoffman song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGdLfHFZh4Y

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

I'm not judging or getting down on a person for killing animals, I just want to know for information. Is he sizing up a shofar?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The best shofar are kudu.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

gleebster posted:

I'm not judging or getting down on a person for killing animals, I just want to know for information. Is he sizing up a shofar?
he is just admiring the lord's creation

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

None of you are funny.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

purple death ray posted:

Haha yes it's not the people who are repeating a joke someone else made for literal irl days that are the autists. yes good assessment of the situation

gently caress off, I made up all of those puns. I sat there and puzzled for a good five minutes straight trying to figure out how to work Eichmann into a plausible sentence.

No need to be so saur, kraut.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

InequalityGodzilla posted:

gently caress off, I made up all of those puns. I sat there and puzzled for a good five minutes straight trying to figure out how to work Eichmann into a plausible sentence.

No need to be so saur, kraut.

*InequalityGodzilla squints at the google results page for "german things", thinking harder than they ever have before* "what if I called someone sour"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Is it a full moon or something? Everyone is salty as heck.

Edit: LMAO it actually is

Slime posted:

im a wereshitposter

wayfinder posted:

do you like have a poster of the full moon in your room or something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bless you trig, and bless wayfinder

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

holy hell

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

purple death ray posted:

The First Rule of Autism, of course, is "He who smelt it, dealt it."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pirate Radar posted:

The First Rule of Autism, of course, is "He who smelt it, dealt it."

Aren't we all a little autistic in our own way?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah!!

i think i smell burnt feathers and almonds

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Skylark posted:

A dumpster fire is about as bad as it gets. You take trash, which has already found popularity among this type of person as a reference point to describe something bad , you pile up a lot of it, and you add the infamous element fire - which isn't necessarily bad, but dangerous and scary (fire hurt if you touch it)

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Powaqoatse posted:

yeah!!

i think i smell burnt feathers and almonds

That's not autism; it's a stroke.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

That's not autism; it's a stroke.

Aneurtism.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

grittyreboot posted:

Does anyone have the image of the guy who thinks he's turning himself gay because he won't allow himself to imagine having sex with a woman?

Bogan King posted:

Most camera phones have a front facing camera too.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ah, the mobile spin on "turn on your monitor"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Smiling Jack posted:

Deep below the Pacific Ocean, noted director James Cameron pilots a custom built submersible to the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Grasped in the robotic arm is a specially designed commemorative marker, cylindrical​ in nature. Cameron deftly places the marker at the deepest part of the trench, narrating for the cameras "Now, by leaving this here, Mankind has finally set the bar as low as it can possibly go. No one could set the bar lower."

The intercom crackles to life "Sir, Mortabis has posted again. He confused New York City with New York State and likes Rochester."

Cameron screams. His adversary is unstoppable.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

plz don't kinkshame, there's nothing wrong with physically and mentally injuring those who you love most

Pick posted:

I saw a strung out 19-year-old do it for $300, therefore it is normal and healthy

I Was The Fury posted:

Most 19 year olds are willing to be degraded and verbally abused for 10 bucks an hour, so I'd say this was a pretty good deal

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cacafuego posted:

What about people who initially enjoyed it but got tired of it after the third page?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
We all know that's how somethingawful ends. That's how we can finally kill it. The one final nazi pun chain to... ugh.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Not with a bang but a pun chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Karate Bastard posted:

We all know that's how somethingawful ends. That's how we can finally kill it. The one final nazi pun chain to... ugh.

and everyone will say "I did not ... anticipate that."