Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally confused a Mementos boss!

"Threw away 1 yen."

:(

you confused the ones that are perpetually broke and make futuaba's friend work to keep their money up right? what did you expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

At a glance on my phone this looked like Makoto had a picture of herself and the MC on the screen and it still worked.

But zooming in made it even better.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
PARTAY TIME YAAAAAS!!!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Deltasquid posted:

At a glance on my phone this looked like Makoto had a picture of herself and the MC on the screen and it still worked.

But zooming in made it even better.

Bonus: that's Sae's laptop

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mad Wack posted:

you confused the ones that are perpetually broke and make futuaba's friend work to keep their money up right? what did you expect

Yep and I was expecting all Mementos bosses to be loaded. :(

Edit: It didn't help that they were the first I managed to confuse.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 16, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How much time should I realistically invest in the twins slink? Im on palace four and just got a shiisa but I have never heard of the ability its supposed to have and don't know how I'd get it.

Can I just bang out all these at once near the end of the game or should I put some focus into it during the story? It'll just end up being a Google job.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

loser nerd: arguably someone who takes advantage of a repressive state apparatus...

me, a cool person: goro is cute and likes pancakes

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

How much time should I realistically invest in the twins slink? Im on palace four and just got a shiisa but I have never heard of the ability its supposed to have and don't know how I'd get it.

Can I just bang out all these at once near the end of the game or should I put some focus into it during the story? It'll just end up being a Google job.

I'm told it's do-able in one day as long as you have enough money to summon the personas you need for fusion and skills. I got most of the fusion recipes from Google.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No reason not to do them if you're capable, since it doesn't take time. Once you know the ins and outs of fusion they are dead easy if you have the fusion chart handy. No shame in just looking up how to do it though if you don't want to invest time in learning fusion.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For Strength this site is your friend!

I have been doing the requests as I level since the personae you end up with are pretty good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can't do them all until like 50-something anyways right? May as well wait because you'll be over the 1 million yen mark by then anyways so the cost will be nothing to you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just look up how to do it because the rewards are good as you get them. doing them all at the very end of the game means you miss out on a lot of useful stuff. like neko shogun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You should do them when you can, because you get fusion-related benefits for doing it that are useful. There's nothing to stop you from doing them all at the end but it's worth stopping to do them when you're a high enough level to fuse what they ask for.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

just look up how to do it because the rewards are good as you get them. doing them all at the very end of the game means you miss out on a lot of useful stuff. like neko shogun.

The best

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

It can be done pretty easily near the end of the game all in one day. I did it super late but you might be able to do it before Palace 7? I'd recommend doing it early, their final ability is hella good.

edit: do it all when you're level 52, I guess.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 16, 2017

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
2nd palace: Madarame was extremely easy. :( His weird mass attack only did 10 dmg to each character. I'm level 20 and used Shiisa. Am I really over-leveled or did I just hit on the right tactic?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Saint Freak posted:

You can't do them all until like 50-something anyways right? May as well wait because you'll be over the 1 million yen mark by then anyways so the cost will be nothing to you.

You need to be level 52 to fuse Seth, but several of the requested fusions (in particular, Matador, Ame No Uzume, Neko Shogun, and Bugs) are really good.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
... Okay, Mishima, you need to seriously chill the gently caress out, dude. You're starting to get pretty drat creepy. :ohdear:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

"I'll be your study parter" :smug:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finished palace 2 entirely by the good graces of having caught a treasure persona by getting a lucky critical and making a level 18 persona that I gave rampage and 3 aoe spells (psy,nuke,bless).

Finally working on my link with Ann. I did get Sojiro up to teaching me how to make curry though so that's good. Finally got Sun link started too.

Then I realized it was 3am. This game is good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Party Bug posted:

It can be done pretty easily near the end of the game all in one day. I did it super late but you might be able to do it before Palace 7? I'd recommend doing it early, their final ability is hella good.

edit: do it when you're level 52, I guess.

Ah cool. My main concern was that you could only do one rank a day or something so leaving it too late would bite me in the rear end. And yeah I want to up their rank for the bonuses early if I can. Just wish there was more in game info on skills and where to get them.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I wish I itemized more personas at the very end of the game considering items and equipment carries over to NG+, tearing my way through early palaces with big swingin' dick god weapons is always satisfying to me.
Are there any unlockable outfits in the game or is it all DLC?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Some are free dlc, some are paid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FauxLeather posted:

I wish I itemized more personas at the very end of the game considering items and equipment carries over to NG+, tearing my way through early palaces with big swingin' dick god weapons is always satisfying to me.
Are there any unlockable outfits in the game or is it all DLC?
it's all dlc but there's a free dlc pack of some costumes on the psn store

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i used network fusion to recycle a bicorn (lvl 9) i made for the compendium and got a level 85 ishtar from it.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
drat, I was blindly looking forward to the prospect of making a nice t-shirt out of a powerful god.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What do the red negotiation options do?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

PirateBob posted:

2nd palace: Madarame was extremely easy. :( His weird mass attack only did 10 dmg to each character. I'm level 20 and used Shiisa. Am I really over-leveled or did I just hit on the right tactic?

His human form is intentionally extremely weak. Most of the boss is the paintings, but that's relatively easy if you have good all-targeting physical attacks. It's super-hard if you don't though. I found it to be the hardest boss in the game.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What happens if you try to turn down Yusuke from joining the team after the 2nd palace?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

PirateBob posted:

What happens if you try to turn down Yusuke from joining the team after the 2nd palace?

He asks if it would work if he crossdresses, and then the dialog choices converge.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 16, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

They're the benefits provided by the Sun Confidant. They automatically get the persona to join you without negotiating, give you a larger amount of money, or a rarer item depending on which option turned red.
If you ask for a normal amount of money/item you'll be given the red option to ask for more, but there's a chance the shadow will instead continue the fight starting from their turn and possibly call reinforcements.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Walrus Pete posted:

Bonus: that's Sae's laptop

Quickly gotta nab sis' slashfics for Futaba

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've been running around the Sixth Palace for an hour trying to find this loving red panel WHERE THE gently caress IS IT?

vvv: cheers mate

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

They automatically work without actually negotiating. Theoretically I think that the money one is supposed to give bonus cash but it always seems pretty low to me.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I've been running around the Sixth Palace for an hour trying to find this loving red panel WHERE THE gently caress IS IT?

It's in the first room of that section, on the left wall coming from the entrance. It's supposed to be the first one you find, which is why it isn't hidden at all.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Took me a while, too. It's at the start of the section near the long corridor with the slot machines and the bunnylady servant.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Just started the Temperance social link, that was quite a surprise. I feel like it is going to awaken something in me, and I don't mean a Persona. :dance:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Clarste posted:

His human form is intentionally extremely weak. Most of the boss is the paintings, but that's relatively easy if you have good all-targeting physical attacks. It's super-hard if you don't though. I found it to be the hardest boss in the game.

Why'd you needlessly tell me about the difficulty of the remaining bosses? :mad: I was looking forward to challenges.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think I am going to have coffee and curry for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Deltasquid posted:

Quickly gotta nab sis' slashfics for Futaba
This is absurd, you know Futaba writes her own MC/Goro/Yusuke fics