Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Zero doesn't count, it's right there in the name :colbert:

counting is hard

wow, you can tell ending E stuck with me more than B because how the gently caress did I forget
Drakengard's Ending B was always my favorite of that game's many terrible conclusions, and when Drakengard 3 was announced, at first, I thought it was gonna be a follow-up to that ending.

I'd still like to see a game like that, not post-apocalyptic but mid-apocalypse, with the protagonist and a few other stragglers having to survive and accomplish something while the world is actively being destroyed by forces beyond human understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Huh, also found ken(yes) at the factory in my playtrough
Multiple spots in the factory, if I recall correctly

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

Drakengard's Ending B was always my favorite of that game's many terrible conclusions, and when Drakengard 3 was announced, at first, I thought it was gonna be a follow-up to that ending.

I'd still like to see a game like that, not post-apocalyptic but mid-apocalypse, with the protagonist and a few other stragglers having to survive and accomplish something while the world is actively being destroyed by forces beyond human understanding.

I really want a game set as a prologue to Nier. Basically set during the Gestalt project's nascent stages, probably following the Hamelin organization during their efforts to fight against Red-Eye and the Legion, with a nice backdrop of the ongoing end of the world. It would be right up Taro's alley - you got child murder, eldritch horror, a horrible war for survival, and even though the game will end with the threat of the Legion mitigated, it would still be a while yet before the Gestalt project comes to fruition, so the world will still be screwed. And we'd have the added dramatic irony of knowing that, in the end, the events of Nier and their repercussions are still going to happen.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Arkanumzilong posted:

Huh, also found ken(yes) at the factory in my playtrough
Multiple spots in the factory, if I recall correctly

I suspect that it's a constant respawn in the last place a player actually died, I've seen the same player corpses even though I retrieved them a previously

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ken's just not very good at the game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I don't think suicide via OS chip removal counts though, otherwise I'd just love to pick one random innocuous spot to die and make people wonder what killed me.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014
Most people I find dead I find halfway through a wall. Which makes sense, I suppose.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The dead body buffs are great but there are def. a couple situations where the mood is, uh, "compromised" when you're ankle deep in dead PC corpses in a boss arena while a bad guy is trying to monologue at you

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
sounds like it'd actually enhance the mood

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

The dead body buffs are great but there are def. a couple situations where the mood is, uh, "compromised" when you're ankle deep in dead PC corpses in a boss arena while a bad guy is trying to monologue at you

Some of my favorite moments in Dark Souls are walking into a boss arena and seeing the floor coated in bloodstains so that sounds more like a plus to me.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
There was definitely a part where I could not find a quest item post-boss-fight because the ground was so coated in player bodies so it's kind of a mixed bag

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

sounds like it'd actually enhance the mood

Yeah. Nothing like a host of dead YoRHa androids at the jerk's feet to emphasize that 2B's going to have to work for a win.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

There was definitely a part where I could not find a quest item post-boss-fight because the ground was so coated in player bodies so it's kind of a mixed bag

I haven't found that many corpses, but I play the PC version and people who play on PC are just better at the game.
:pcgaming1:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

LordAba posted:

I haven't found that many corpses, but I play the PC version and people who play on PC are just better at the game.
:pcgaming1:

Hahahaha you wanna loving bet (linking for bigass empty room full of corpses)

Oh, gently caress, I didn't realize. Well, point.

They don't even all render at once, I kept tripping invisible bodies trying to get that item

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 17, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bad Seafood posted:

Ken's just not very good at the game.

Ken probably played the intro on hard and died repeatedly.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

END ME SCOOB posted:

Hahahaha you wanna loving bet (linking for bigass empty room full of corpses)

They don't even all render at once, I kept tripping invisible bodies trying to get that item

big rear end loving spoiler dummy.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
That picture's from a really cool moment, you should probably delete that link.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 17, 2017

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Oh, get a grip, it leads into something cool but that picture reveals nothing.

Correction: I'm too deep into things to judge properly anymore.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 17, 2017

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fabulousvillain posted:

Drakengard 3 is definitely more loving weird, so much that it's bizarre pacing makes you just accepted it's weird bullshit through out. While D1 pops out space babies out of loving nowhere after beating the game 3 times, D3 barely has a plot until you beat it 4 times and get every weapon. I'd say D3 has the opposite effect 1 had, anyone else think that was the intention?
Drakengard 3 also has a somewhat comedic tone, and a bunch of straight up jokes, while Drakengard 1 is deadly serious, all the time. (I think except Leonard's fairy, but its jokes are extremely mean-spirited and not actually particularly funny.)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

apocalypticCritic posted:

I really want a game set as a prologue to Nier. Basically set during the Gestalt project's nascent stages, probably following the Hamelin organization during their efforts to fight against Red-Eye and the Legion, with a nice backdrop of the ongoing end of the world. It would be right up Taro's alley - you got child murder, eldritch horror, a horrible war for survival, and even though the game will end with the threat of the Legion mitigated, it would still be a while yet before the Gestalt project comes to fruition, so the world will still be screwed. And we'd have the added dramatic irony of knowing that, in the end, the events of Nier and their repercussions are still going to happen.
IIRC it seemed like there were at least two spots in Nier's backstory that were designed for prequels. That was one, and the other was the androids and awakened replicants fighting the reincarnated Red Eye.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 17, 2017

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Sindai posted:

IIRC it seemed like there were at least two spots in Nier's backstory that were designed for prequels. That was one, and the other was the androids and awakened replicants fighting the reincarnated Red Eye.

Yeah, I was thinking about how to bring that second part in. Maybe two smaller games in a chapter format? One epic game in two halves? I don't know.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zomborgon posted:

Oh, get a grip, it leads into something cool but that picture reveals nothing.

Actually, it has gameplay spoilers.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Oh, right, I was mostly concerned with the scenery since that was the topic of discussion. Objection withdrawn.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 17, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
The worse thing are certain one hit kill environmental hazards that usually had like 20 corpses in the exact same spot at launch so good luck sifting through them trying to find yours if it gets you

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I looked at the spoiler picture.

If I wasn't already aware of that particular spoiler, I'd be pretty loving pissed.

Stop posting spoilers. I'm playing the game vicariously through this LP until I can get my own copy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

U-DO Burger posted:

Actually, it has [these] spoilers.

if there's a spoiler, report it and move on. that's what the mods sold their souls for. it doesn't help to point out what's being spoiled.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That was entirely my bad. Forgot that detail when I was triple-checking it. It's gone. I'm just gonna shut the gently caress up for a while.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I love the way everyone is vacillating between wanting to talk about cool stuff and fear of spoilers.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
well, it's the OP's thread and they made their policy pretty clear. :shrug:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Ok, now things are starting to get more Yoko Taro in here

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
When do they start explaining 2B's "Emotions are forbidden" line?

Because it sure doesn't seem anyone else got that memo.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Andyzero posted:

You'll just need to be patient.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
D3 was a letdown, even with Id's commentary. The jokey tone it maintained undermined a lot of the things that made D1 so fun to read through, and the plot twists weren't so bizarre as they were dumb and/or obvious.

Nier had a great story, with one of the best scripts and strangest casts I'd ever seen -- it's the Planescape: Torment of JRPGs. Drakengard 3 is just a bunch of ironic-but-not-really anime stereotypes pasted together with the glue rendered down from a thoroughly beaten dead horse. It felt like Taro Yoko was trying to live up to his hype instead of doing what he wanted and became a self-parody instead. D3 was a good LP, but only because Id's probably the best LPer around.

Nier 2: Automata looks pretty good so far, and I've always wanted to see an open-world game with Reveangance-style combat, so this is promising. I wish they'd stop with the silver-haired sword ladies though, because Kainé is a perfect creature and they will never, ever recapture that beautiful ball of hermaphroditic rage ever again. I also wish Yoko would quit being so on-the-nose with the "time is a flat circle" concept because it's keeping us from getting another protagonist as fun as Caim.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 17, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
On the topic of dead bodies, there's definitely areas where they can get so dense they actually get in your way and cause you to die yourself, from my own personal experience. :negative:

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Eopia posted:

On the topic of dead bodies, there's definitely areas where they can get so dense they actually get in your way and cause you to die yourself, from my own personal experience. :negative:

There's one particular spot where every time I wanted to heal it would have me interact with the corpse instead.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Welp, I just found out that getting a secret ending doesn't actually save your progress, just that you got the ending. I love redoing areas because you forgot to save. :sigh:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Andyzero posted:

I think she said "unnecessary" if that's anything better to interpret.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Fabulousvillain posted:

I think she said "unnecessary" if that's anything better to interpret.

No, she said prohibited. "Emotions are prohibited."

I think it's pretty clear that's more an ideal than a rule, though. Because even 2B fails to maintain an emotionless state at times.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

drat, she goes from noting the virus but otherwise calm to freaking out and wanting to go home in 20 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Keep track of the backgrounds to the weapons stories. I'm convinced there's something going on there, even when it isn't painfully obvious.

• Locked thread