Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol if you suppprtrd hiary at any point beyond being forced to vote for her in the ge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I read the entire thing.

lol

just

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lol

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hillbots delenda est

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/854355802945093632

bernie would have won

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Bernie Was Right, And Would Have Won.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXEHZsAkR0

he could be our president right now

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hills done more to damage the future of the party in the last 18 months than obama did in 8 years

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
eagerly awaiting the cc post about how this is all postfactual gossip, continuing to learn nothing and underscoring thr futility of a party full of people like hillRy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

that includes elizabeth warren now right? cuz she stood in front of that little girl statue for a twitter picture?

i was being facetious about that

though the little girl statue is real dumb and people fawning over ads is also really dumb

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

gently caress you hillary

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

who is this weirdo posting their own dumpster-tier tweets every few pages?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ex post facho posted:

Bernie Was Right, And Would Have Won.

Very problematic that he would secretly hate women like that.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

good thing north korea doesn't actually have nukes or missiles capable of reaching us yet: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-armada-north-korea-oops-7ba702aecdba

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Kill me

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Uncle Wemus posted:

do you think the dems will throw ossoff some support for the runoff?

Won't matter. GOP is just going to cheat anyway, and the dem party leadership will just roll over and take it because they're nothing but a bunch of self-interested mountebanks and spineless cowards. The dems probably pocketed half that money just to pay republicans not to flush their head in the toilet and stuff them in their lockers. Ossof will lose the runoff election because the GOP will just blame him for Benghazi and everyone will buy it. There will be no pendulum swing in 2018 because we don't have real elections anymore and the dems have been defeated definitively and permanently. If we want to make a positive change, time to stop looking at democracy and start storming the gates of the 1%. Drag the aristocracy into the towns square to face the guillotine's justice.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The only person who can beat Jeb! Bush is me, Hillary Clinton. For that reason I will reluctantly and spontaneously enter this race.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So the Democratic Apparatus poured $8 million into Georgia and got a run off two months from now that they need to also fund? Nice. Very nice. Kind of feel they could have kicked $30k over to Kansas and maybe actually won a seat.

Also I love that all the news organizations have shoved KS-04 down the memory hole so they can bill Georgia as the real referendum and turning point, even though KS-04 was a significantly better microcosm of the story of Democrats and Republicans.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

savage

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Please do not resurrect old grudges and drama from D&D threads gone by.

Edit: That wasn't specifically directed at you Willa, just bad timing that my post appeared directly beneath yours.

Weird that Logik probated me for a week for mentioning something that happened in DnD but nothing happened to WJ for doing the same thing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Won't matter. GOP is just going to cheat anyway, and the dem party leadership will just roll over and take it because they're nothing but a bunch of self-interested mountebanks and spineless cowards. The dems probably pocketed half that money just to pay republicans not to flush their head in the toilet and stuff them in their lockers. Ossof will lose the runoff election because the GOP will just blame him for Benghazi and everyone will buy it. There will be no pendulum swing in 2018 because we don't have real elections anymore and the dems have been defeated definitively and permanently. If we want to make a positive change, time to stop looking at democracy and start storming the gates of the 1%. Drag the aristocracy into the towns square to face the guillotine's justice.

:yeah:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

I have been shown ultimate despair.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm pretty ambivalent toward Hillary these days, but goddamn does Robby Mook need to never be allowed to work anywhere where he is responsible for anything ever again.

Like, not even in charge of this McDonalds drive-thru, and speaking of which, can I get some fries that aren't like an hour old?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

docbeard posted:

I'm pretty ambivalent toward Hillary these days, but goddamn does Robby Mook need to never be allowed to work anywhere where he is responsible for anything ever again.

Like, not even in charge of this McDonalds drive-thru, and speaking of which, can I get some fries that aren't like an hour old?

I think you have to take a lot of that with a grain of salt because most of the people being interviewed are trying to have careers and will be unlikely to attack people they think they will need. I'm about 40% of the way through shattered and it's really hard to believe that everything said about Mook is actually Mook and not a combination of Mook, Podesta, Abedin, etc.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

docbeard posted:

Do you not feel the same about hillary? I mean she's recruited dumbasses like this to run her campaign twice. Hell, I think mook was on her team in 2008

I do not think she would ever be a remotely competent president

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

Do you not feel the same about hillary?

He's comfortable and white probably

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't think you're going to get a particularly insightful analysis of Hillary's campaign from an internal perspective less than 6 months after the election. You will get some juicy tidbits, though.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hillary's campaign was bad and only a fool would argue that it was actually cool and good

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Panzeh posted:

I think you have to take a lot of that with a grain of salt because most of the people being interviewed are trying to have careers and will be unlikely to attack people they think they will need. I'm about 40% of the way through shattered and it's really hard to believe that everything said about Mook is actually Mook and not a combination of Mook, Podesta, Abedin, etc.

Yeah, probably, but even before this book, I've never heard anything about Mook that has led me to suggest he had any business running a campaign. (Not that there's a wealth of actual good campaign managers on the left. Lord knows Bernie's folks were a bunch of clowns too.)

Condiv posted:

Do you not feel the same about hillary? I mean she's recruited dumbasses like this to run her campaign twice. Hell, I think mook was on her team in 2008

I do not think she would ever be a remotely competent president

The difference is that Hillary's done (whether she knows it or not, and I think she does) but Mook could theoretically con his way onto another campaign.

Also, if "remotely competent" is your bar, then you may as well just cash it all in and go live in the woods.

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He's comfortable and white probably

I'm not especially comfortable, and I have better things to do with my life than to hate a failed politician with the heat of a thousand suns.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard posted:

Yeah, probably, but even before this book, I've never heard anything about Mook that has led me to suggest he had any business running a campaign. (Not that there's a wealth of actual good campaign managers on the left. Lord knows Bernie's folks were a bunch of clowns too.)

The difference is that Hillary's done (whether she knows it or not, and I think she does) but Mook could theoretically con his way onto another campaign.

Also, if "remotely competent" is your bar, then you may as well just cash it all in and go live in the woods.

I'm not especially comfortable, and I have better things to do with my life than to hate a failed politician with the heat of a thousand suns.

if you can't see how Hillary and Mook totally hosed over poor people and minorities and you're saying to yourself that you don't have the "time" to be outraged about that then yea, you're pretty white and comfortable lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Hillary's campaign was bad and only a fool would argue that it was actually cool and good

Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

docbeard posted:

Bernie's campaign manager was a guy who ran a games+comics shop who'd helped Bernie on campaigns before.

I don't blame him so much- Bernie was at a huge disadvantage throughout the primary and I think his primary loss was inevitable, even though i think he could win the general.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
good morning

https://twitter.com/brianefallon/status/854509844761649153

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bernie is cool and is my friend and would have won

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Bernie's campaign manager was a guy who ran a games+comics shop who'd helped Bernie on campaigns before.

Yeah, and his other guy was an experienced Democratic Party operative (never mind that all his experience was on some of the worst Democratic defeats in recent memory).

Are there any actual good campaign managers out there?

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

docbeard posted:

Yeah, and his other guy was an experienced Democratic Party operative (never mind that all his experience was on some of the worst Democratic defeats in recent memory).

Given Donald Trump fired his, I assume no.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

nancy pelosi does the same with not supporting single payer when directly asked about it and giving a bullshit answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2RcTdVMRVo&t=317s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ASOawIwpQ&t=56s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

docbeard posted:

I highly doubt that. Also even if there were, would you want to get on hillary's poo poo list?(she actually had one)

• Locked thread