Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ling seems to be 100% paralyze, Xon was resisted so I switched back to Ling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It took me 60 tickets to get a rainbow, and that rainbow was Terrible T Terra! :toot: In the process I also got 3 Setzers, a Xon, and 3 Zidanes, not bad luck at all. In celebration I maxed out my friend slots, hook up with your goon pal Buttz @ 479,088,281 for some purple Terra power.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Haha what the hell man. I got another troll Agrias and then my last ticket of the day turns into a rainbow and out pops Olive. I guess I'll start maxing her out.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

PS

TG Cid or Ice-Sword-Bitch chaining can kill the elite boss without issues. Im doing it with my near BiS tgcid and my 500atk tgcid.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Langolas posted:

PS

TG Cid or Ice-Sword-Bitch chaining can kill the elite boss without issues. Im doing it with my near BiS tgcid and my 500atk tgcid.

Hopefully, I'll get another dual wield farmed soon so I don't have to switch with my 2nd with Arena Chiz.

I would've thought killing him with 1 920ATK Luneth and 1 low 800sATK TGC would work, but not every time.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Did they cut down the rewards amount from the FFT event? Or is it just that the bonus unit(s) seem less common now than in that event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Ling seems to be 100% paralyze, Xon was resisted so I switched back to Ling.

Finally had Ling resist/fail to paralyze.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
FWIW, I'm running a 931 ATK Orlandeau with Ifrit/Ifrit's Claw as a carry and he 2 rounds Ultima Weapon. He's in no danger of dying due to all the stacked Fire Resist too. I put him up as a companion unit for y'all that are running a shitload of bonus units until I pull a 75% bonus or better since I'm sure we're all pretty saturated with Kefkas/Terras.

hagie posted:

God drat it.

I just NOW pulled a Xon on my 1/2 pull.

FML

I swear to god there's some residual pull rate up from the banner directly previous to whatever current one we're on. I know it's just tinfoil hat conspiracy theory bullshit, but the number of times I've pulled units RIGHT AFTER their banner is maddening.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 20, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Finally ran into a Nelapa

That was with 2 Terras, a Kefka and Setzer plus 2 TG Cids for divine ruining.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Who else has been doing ELT all morning and has run into a total of 0 special enemies for bonus fish?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Khisanth Magus posted:

Who else has been doing ELT all morning and has run into a total of 0 special enemies for bonus fish?

this guy :unsmigghh:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I had to rerun ADV a bunch of times because I am bad at Espers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I swear to god there's some residual pull rate up from the banner directly previous to whatever current one we're on. I know it's just tinfoil hat conspiracy theory bullshit, but the number of times I've pulled units RIGHT AFTER their banner is maddening.

I can go along with this theory honestly. I've noticed it on a number of banners. FFXIII especially, and lately I have been getting a lot of FFXIIIs.

Now if only it would work for Noctis or Gilgamesh it Orlandu or something...

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Blah. Dark Fina can solo carry PRO, so with a friend bonus unit it's basically more efficient than gambling with a beefy friendly Cid.

Maybe once my Setzer gets some levels he'll be able to help a Cid with a strong chain on ELT.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 20, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Wow, after finally looking at King Mog's stuff there really isn't anything that interesting. The materia isn't DamageStat+10% & SomethingElse+5% so it's already of questionable value. Beret isn't bad but it's old news. Tabby Suit seems decent for most healers I guess. The best poo poo looks like it'll be from the Corrupted Clown battle in the second week to pick up Great Mage Robes (oh god summon two espers :suicide: I had trouble with the old Maxwell event and using Rydia for Diabolos)

There's the enhancement thingies but holy gently caress 80k in an event as stingy as this? I don't even know which ones I would get if I tripped over enough fish to drown Cid in. I might take the easy way out: Gigantaurs, awakening mats, Beret, Tabby Suit, Star Quarts, tickets, and maybe the moogle. I'm behind on trials anyways, gotta catch up 'n poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

God drat it.

I just NOW pulled a Xon on my 1/2 pull.

FML

Did not get a Xon on his rate-up either

I did get this though on my half-price:

So there's that. I will set her has my friend unit, and use the King Mog Gigantaurs to get her leveled up, I had 3 of the cactaur triplet families stored so she's already level 40something.

Switch Controls maybe gonna have to be put on hold for a while, got some fish to catch.

we only wish
to catch a fish
so juicy-sweet

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Almost 20 runs in and no golden bomb or whatever it is that drops a lot of Fish.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

1/2 price pull.

Gold.

Shine.

Off banner curse lives on.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Did they cut down the rewards amount from the FFT event? Or is it just that the bonus unit(s) seem less common now than in that event.

The base currency drop rate is the same as it's been for the past several King Mog events (at least on ELT, dunno about PRO). The FFT event seemed to have an unusually high spawn rate for chocobos, though, which is why it feels worse now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not sure how to get through the event... 5 bonus units and get a friend and do Pro? Elite, even with a Noctis and friend unit, seems too hard with 4 bonus units.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Wow, gently caress this event. My whole team of bonus characters nets me a whopping 300 fish a run.

Cram it with walnuts gumi.

I gotta say though, the sprite for the apocryphos is RAAAAAAD.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

Not sure how to get through the event... 5 bonus units and get a friend and do Pro? Elite, even with a Noctis and friend unit, seems too hard with 4 bonus units.

It isn't 100% reliable, but Noctis has a good chance to paralyze ultima weapon with fire flask, which will give whatever friend unit you have time to do the real damage. Plus I've never seen him able to one-round either my noctis or a maxed out friend unit(olive, tg cid, Noctis, or TTerra), and any of those have been able to 2 round him with Noctis help.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

That's how you 11-pull?

Not crazy-high MAG, but will work.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Wow, gently caress this event. My whole team of bonus characters nets me a whopping 300 fish a run.

Cram it with walnuts gumi.

I gotta say though, the sprite for the apocryphos is RAAAAAAD.

The one for Nepala or Neopolitan or whatever it's name is is also kinda goofy. And ya, I ran into one of them burning down 93 Stam on ELT runs, so it's there, but yeah 300 or 500 fish per run is painful, but remember we're probably spoiled from doing the FFT event with multiple Orlandeaus

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Setzer's cursed card works to paralyze too. I don't think I've seen it not stick yet.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Killing Vector posted:

The base currency drop rate is the same as it's been for the past several King Mog events (at least on ELT, dunno about PRO). The FFT event seemed to have an unusually high spawn rate for chocobos, though, which is why it feels worse now.

I'm normally PRO only, and I am seeing 20-30% less than normal drop rates. I haven't tried ELT namely because on PRO I can usually do minimal set up for it to work and leave it alone while working.

By now on day 1 I would usually be sitting around 5k for the amount of battles I have done + event bonuses for first completion and I'm around 3500 currently. I could be miss-remembering, but it seems way off.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Revvik posted:

That's how you 11-pull?

Pulls like this make me cry. My only 11 pull I'm going to be able to do this event only had 2 golds, both off banner, and no rainbows. 2 more kefkas and another Terra and then a bunch of garbage that don't even have useful TMRs.

7 tickets and my 1/2 pull have all been blues as well. This banner hates me.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 20, 2017

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Revvik posted:

That's how you 11-pull?

No success without Setzer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

80k for a T5 awakening mat. Jesus christ.

Welcome to enhancements. I hope you weren't planning to go crazy with them unless you plan to grind events with 4-500% bonus teams.

rabidsquid posted:

i know most people dont like these events, i actually tend to like them, and i cant believe how awful the drop rate on the bonus currency is

Gotta make up for how good the FFT event was for farming currency.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I had to rerun ADV a bunch of times because I am bad at Espers.

I had Ifrit go off in the middle/end of a DR chain and it still didn't count for the 'kill boss with an esper' requirement when I know for a goddamn fact that having the esper be part of a killing chain has worked in the past. :sigh:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

Welcome to enhancements. I hope you weren't planning to go crazy with them unless you plan to grind events with 4-500% bonus teams.

Gotta make up for how good the FFT event was for farming currency.

I had Ifrit go off in the middle/end of a DR chain and it still didn't count for the 'kill boss with an esper' requirement when I know for a goddamn fact that having the esper be part of a killing chain has worked in the past. :sigh:

How else are you supposed to kill with an Esper, they do such poo poo damage?

And it is official: Purchased all of the summon tickets that cost less than 6000 fish, and every single one was blue. Le sigh.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

If I can slog through these <300 drop rates, I'm only looking for Awakening mats and tickets. Problem is they really only give you enough mats for 1 character.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
It's especially aggravating when you've been getting all of the cheap 6* awakening materials each event and then get to the point where you've got <10 Fairie's Writs and Rainbow Blooms, but like 70+ of everything else. :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Used my 4* ticket to try and get Setzer. Xon #2 and why yes, I did get rid of dozens of extra Patches moogles over the last 2 days. :v:

Gonna just do the usual poo poo with a 200% bonus team carried by a pair of Cids and then go back to TM grinding because lol@purecrysts.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

It took me 60 tickets to get a rainbow, and that rainbow was Terrible T Terra! :toot: In the process I also got 3 Setzers, a Xon, and 3 Zidanes, not bad luck at all. In celebration I maxed out my friend slots, hook up with your goon pal Buttz @ 479,088,281 for some purple Terra power.

yea it took me 66 tickets to get a rainbow. Then I got 2. Delita and TTerra. Not sure how I feel about this.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

hagie posted:

I'm normally PRO only, and I am seeing 20-30% less than normal drop rates. I haven't tried ELT namely because on PRO I can usually do minimal set up for it to work and leave it alone while working.

By now on day 1 I would usually be sitting around 5k for the amount of battles I have done + event bonuses for first completion and I'm around 3500 currently. I could be miss-remembering, but it seems way off.

PRO might actually be nerfed, yeah. This event it's giving out ~115 base currency, whereas I want to say that previously you'd get more like 130-140.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That gun King Mog was selling during Type-0 had a % added to magic... might have been a good idea to have picked it up.

I can do ELT easily if I have an Olive buddy with over 1000 ATK... if you're one of those, you're more useful keeping Olive up than a bonus unit, since you can carry a bunch of underleveled bonus units with no problem.

Man I wish I had an Olive.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 20, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Killing Vector posted:

PRO might actually be nerfed, yeah. This event it's giving out ~115 base currency, whereas I want to say that previously you'd get more like 130-140.

It's around 200-220 on ELT which is about right. I could see PRO being nerfed if it was better returns than ELT since that'd defeat the purpose of running ELT in the first place.

Got 1 nepala and 1 golden bomb so far today. Nepala even showed up when I brought Rinc0r's 1109MAG TTerra so 300% bonus was nice.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That gun King Mog was selling during Type-0 had a % added to magic... might have been a good idea to have picked it up.

The Rune Trigger? Wiki shows it just gives MP+15%

e: added quote

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Scrublord Prime posted:

The Rune Trigger? Wiki shows it just gives MP+15%

e: added quote

Oh, I misremembered. I don't feel so bad about it now... Both Terra units (all three maybe?) can use guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Swapped over from Orlandu to Olive (1121 ATK) as my friend unit for the duration of this event. Sits at 70% Fire Res and can two-round ELT's boss (Scattering Shot to reduce DEF, then True Shot), while Grapeshotting every round prior (I think a couple times the random waves had a sliver of health left, I'm a bit confused but whatever).

ID's on the google doc list, but if anyone needs it and already has a full bonus squad: 235,783,778

AegisP fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 20, 2017

• Locked thread