Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This.

People like WJ and zegermans are the first type.

My Latino people are the second kind :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Turdfuzz posted:

one time i was w/ a girl n i got a boner n didnt want her to know so i crawled on the floor while pretneding to be a cat

i bet she loved that tho

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/855064889345417216

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

does this actually mean anything other than "I don't want to fix the problem but I do want to feel superior to people who do want to fix the problem"

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

sounds like ossoff is incrementally insane!!!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ossoff is a republican

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Concerned Citizen posted:

montana loving loves yard signs, and giant highway signs, so approximately half of the total national sign budget

Montana itself is in the shape of a yard aign

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

loquacius posted:

does this actually mean anything other than "I don't want to fix the problem but I do want to feel superior to people who do want to fix the problem"

sounds familiar 🤔

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Han Solo would've won

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

trigger warning: replies

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ex post facho posted:

The replies there are much better than other threads, but it will get worse as the bots are activated.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

ex post facho posted:

:smug:

https://twitter.com/SteveZiss0u/status/855075086331674624

As well all know well, childish political candidates with unrealistic policies always lose to bland centrist incrementalism.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

its cool that he went to the "purity test" language pretty much unprompted

ossoff is zergermans, and hell, lets get him elected

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

its cool that he went to the "purity test" language pretty much unprompted

ossoff is zergermans, and hell, lets get him elected

He's the best we've got!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Every single hillaryman running is gonna pull that purity bullshit.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Is Ossoff a progressive who gets things done, or just a regular progressive?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i can understand the candidates themselves saying it as an excuse for "my donor buddies and i dont actually want this" but the weirdest thing is the rank and file dem voters who say it even though they don't gain anything

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He's the best we've got!

what other democrat ran for that seat

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Is Ossoff a progressive who gets things done, or just a regular progressive?

He's neither

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

well tim kaine was a progressive who got things done, so ultrasound nebraska guy must be one too

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

was rush progressive or not? i think they were

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

i can understand the candidates themselves saying it as an excuse for "my donor buddies and i dont actually want this" but the weirdest thing is the rank and file dem voters who say it even though they don't gain anything

Like the British understood the day May announced the general. Lots of idiots made this into a game and or a tv show. They think themselves detached and above it all. So Theresa May refusing to do debates is "shrewd" because what a brilliant tactic! She sure made a fool of me the British voter!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
enter party left

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

if they acknowledge that good things could happen in government, they would be admitting that they have supported do-nothing POS politicians for most of their lives

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
a farewell to bad dems

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
demispheres

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

the weirdest thing is the rank and file dem voters who say it even though they don't gain anything

one of the worst things about democratic politics in America are all the voters who try to act all wise knowledgable strategist and do the politicians' job for them and pre-excuse their mistakes

D&D is full of these people but they exist all over out in the wild too

you want policy X, ask for policy X, don't go "well we can very maybe to X if we go through Y and Z and A and B first and carefully shift public opinion and incrementalize our way to it, because asking for X is just way too radical" leave that poo poo up to the politicians and legislators and replace them if they don't do a good enough job of getting you X

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Karl Barks posted:

was rush progressive or not? i think they were

Jon Huntsman was a progressive

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
permanent wave (elections)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

you have summoned Arkane

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

we are all progressives, as we daily take incremental steps towards death

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Looks guys, we can't have a purity test for Democrats. Unless they are a Hindu nationalists that is somehow less war thirsty than the rest of the party. She needs to be primaried. I've got Raytheon stock I need to think about.

Iron Twinkie has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Apr 20, 2017

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Joementum posted:

as resident fake dave weigel, i'm glad you replied to a prog rock post

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He's the best we've got!

Well he probably is the best you can ask for in a district made up of Suburbanites. I mean hey we should support the cuck then ensure he never thinks its a good idea to run for anything else.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wait from what i saw itt and twitter i thought bernie was the only one endorsing ultrasound guy but the rest of the dem leadership is also super behind the guy and he's supposed to appear at a perez/sanders thing. laffo that people are only mad at sanders for associating with ultrasound guy when literally every democrat is also associated with him by virtue of the dnc backing him

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

See this is the exact kind of position I'm talking about when I say that if Ossoff apparently really needs the Bernie folks in this district to put him across the finish line, then he should loving offer them something. A positive position on this one thing likely would have been enough to get an "okay, fine" from these folks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b018a9ce590a84

quote:

DNC Chair Tom Perez also defended the party’s support for Mello in a statement Thursday.

“Our job at the DNC is to help Democrats who have garnered support from voters in their community cross the finish line and win ― from school board to Senate,” Perez said. “The biggest threat to women’s reproductive rights is the relentless Republican attacks on women’s health care, including legal, accessible abortion services. And I won’t let anyone get in the way of our fight to protect a woman’s right to choose.”

wow way to sell out women perez

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There are more Panera Breads near the Mello rally than in Jon Ossoff's district.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

right now im at a cafe run by this really nice mexican dude where they have free wifi and the food is actually pretty great (but a little expensive (but not more expensive than panera bread)) and the guy gives me unlimited coffee refills

• Locked thread