Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Colts signed Mo Alie-Cox, a former VCU basketball player, which now gives us TWO basketball tight ends along with Swoope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ralker posted:

Or she doesn't know the ins and outs of NFL contracts which I don't blame her for.

Point being she claimed buffalo signed him AFTER it was reported NE did and now she's doing a 180 presenting it as insider info. Lol.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am reporting: who cares

Filed to ESPN

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Here's why that's not actually fake news

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey everyone, Glen Coffee unretired!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/4/21/15390004/glen-coffee-unretires-waived-by-49ers

I'm sure he'll get loads of offers right away

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol a bit late man

But hey maybe he can Rock it at that veterans combine!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am also unretiring

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

I am also unretiring

Do you have anthing left in the tank? Also, you are up late for, well, you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Meh, I'm still waiting for a Brett Farve comeback.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

Meh, I'm still waiting for a Brett Farve comeback.

If you want a Brett Favre comeback just ask your mom to spit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chichevache posted:

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Do you have anthing left in the tank? Also, you are up late for, well, you.

I drove back from Charlotte late last night. Saw Brian Regan.

Also I couldn't go to sleep because I was struggling with unretirement.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs cut Jaye Howard. :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I drove back from Charlotte late last night. Saw Brian Regan.

Also I couldn't go to sleep because I was struggling with unretirement.

I saw Brian Reagan live a few years back and it was super good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

I saw Brian Reagan live a few years back and it was super good

yeah man he's hilarious

I started laughing as soon as he walked out. Dude walks funny.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

runner up for post of the year behind "Hernandez died doing what he loved"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs cut Jaye Howard. :(

Huh I didn't see that coming at all.

I read somewhere that they can get offset money back if someone signs him before the draft? Seems like they should have cut him a while back if they were going to and that's the case.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol Jay Cutler still isn't a Texan

This is the dumbest team

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Intruder posted:

lol Jay Cutler still isn't a Texan

This is the dumbest team

They're drafting Mahomes the young Jay Cutler.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's not even a guarantee that Cutler ever still wants to play football anymore, from what I understand. Though yes, he'd be Houston's best option with Romo having retired.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Teams are probably waiting until the draft shakes out until they sign a veteran QB now. It's not like Cutler is going to want to mentor a rookie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans draft Mahomes or Kizer, sign Cutler

:pray:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Durandal1707 posted:

It's not even a guarantee that Cutler ever still wants to play football anymore, from what I understand. Though yes, he'd be Houston's best option with Romo having retired.

I think he would go somewhere that isn't a total rebuild and has a shot of winning in a few years.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Durandal1707 posted:

There's still a nonzero chance Romo can be talked out of retirement. Not much of one, but it kinda sounded like the Texans insultingly lowballed him. If they come out of the draft without even a useful developmental QB, maybe they call him back and say "uh sorry, that $0 injury guarantee was a typo, we meant $20 mil guaranteed, heh heh *awkwardly tugs collar*" That's also assuming he doesn't have some backroom deal with Jerry not to play for them, of course :tinfoil:.

By no means do I expect to see Romo on the field in 2017, but it wouldn't be a complete shocker.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Durandal1707 posted:

don't think jay cutler has ever wanted to play football in his life, he's just at the stadium waiting for his ride

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

I think he would go somewhere that isn't a total rebuild and has a shot of winning in a few years.

Maybe I'm crazy but it sounds like you're saying this doesn't describe Houston

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Eltoasto posted:

Colts signed Mo Alie-Cox, a former VCU basketball player, which now gives us TWO basketball tight ends along with Swoope.

Colts are gonna own in the Summer BB league.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Colts are gonna own in the Summer BB league.

They might have a better basketball team than the Pacers.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/status/856591488456708097

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Don't the Saints still have their usual salary cap issues? They're about to give a 5 year deal with a big signing bonus to a 32 year old running back aren't they?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

Don't the Saints still have their usual salary cap issues? They're about to give a 5 year deal with a big signing bonus to a 32 year old running back aren't they?

Who is basically a lesser version of Mark Ingram at this point in his career lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bills don't match Gillislee. He's now on the Patriots.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

...aaaaaand the Patriots just took another talented skill position player from the Bills that will undoubtedly blow up in the the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/856597891502272512

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Not really. Most of their dead money is gone after this year and Brees contract ends this year as well so they either restructure him short term again or move on. Byrd can be cut after this year as well to save money. The Saints don't really have many big contracts left.

Reports are the deal is for 3 million this year, and I'd wager it's a 1 year deal at least in structure. Peterson probably wants a prove it deal since he's not getting any of the offers he seems to want.

I still don't like it though, because he's a garbage human.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pat's are prepping to go smashmouth with all the RB signings.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Well, that's done for Blount, I think. We re-signed Bolden and extended White so it looks like Gillislee, White, Lewis, and Bolden will be the committee this year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's bad enough that the Bills tag their best restricted free agents to absurdly low tenders, but why can't a team other than the loving Patriots capitalize?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Well, that's done for Blount, I think. We re-signed Bolden and extended White so it looks like Gillislee, White, Lewis, and Bolden will be the committee this year.

They have Rex Burkhead too. Someone's getting traded from the WR or RB corps.

I mean, I'm assuming. I don't know much about roster construction but they have 5 RB's and 5 WR's, isn't that a little heavy?

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 24, 2017

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

big money big clit posted:

Reports are the deal is for 3 million this year, and I'd wager it's a 1 year deal at least in structure. Peterson probably wants a prove it deal since he's not getting any of the offers he seems to want.

at the risk of sounding like an idiot (lol I always do) isn't the point of a prove-it deal to prove it and then get a big payday because of how great you are? The man's 32 years old and a running back. Even if he proves it and has a good year, who's gonna break out the checkbook for a 33 year old RB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They have Rex Burkhead too. Someone's getting traded from the WR or RB corps.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about Tiny White Danny Woodhead Replacement.

I am confused as to why they'd re-sign Bolden then. He's easily the weakest link in that group.

• Locked thread