Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
it was a different time and if you arent there at that moment it just is baffling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nowadays people are hosed up weirdos who are strongly opposed to loving kids (good) but can't look at any adult interaction with a child without thinking about loving (bad).

The bushwhackers were my favorite wrestlers as a kid.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'I got Bret Hart's sunglasses'

'yeah? well I got licked by Butch'

'holy gently caress you're the man'

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ColeM posted:

So Angle is back as raw gm, my question is: How long will it take for him to be in the ring again and who with?

I'd guess Reigns or Cena, honestly. Maybe Rollins or Nakamura. (I could see Joe, Styles and McIntyre actually, but those have been done to the point where I feel like WWE might want to stay away from it)

Outside shot of Jordan if they decide to give him the singles push (it should really be Gable, but y'know, Jordan's a big jacked up dude and Gable's little, so obviously worthless)

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Hoenstly if I was 8 I would not mind being licked by Luke.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MotU posted:

also is someones parent punched a bushwhacker im pretty sure luke or butch would just beat the hell out of the parent too and then that kid would legally become the bushwhackers child so thered be no issue either way

The down side is that nobody at school would believe the kid that the Bushwhackers are now, collectively, his dad

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

man if people have problems with the bushwhackers licking a child or two then they'll really have a problem with what danshoku dino was up to in america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZtoSitsS0U

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

astrollinthepork posted:

Hoenstly if I was 8 I would not mind being licked by Luke.

I'm 30 now and I wouldn't mind.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Davros1 posted:

edit: and his racing away from the arena, only to stop the car to Cutter someone truly is the greatest night in the history of the sport!

In the old wwe development, I think ohv, Kennedy did a great thing where he ambushed someone outside. Jumped in a car and as he was driving away screamed Misssssssssta Kennedy!

Then slammed on the breaks, reversed back to the guy. Shouted Kennedy again, and drive away.

Legit cracked me up at the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Bill Goldberg posted:

i'd be honored to have my child licked by the Bushwackers, or any other wrestler except the ones with hepatitis

Wouldn't have figured you for a gamblin man.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man if people have problems with the bushwhackers licking a child or two then they'll really have a problem with what danshoku dino was up to in america

He's trying to make out with guys. That's pretty crazy!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

freeranger posted:

In the old wwe development, I think ohv, Kennedy did a great thing where he ambushed someone outside. Jumped in a car and as he was driving away screamed Misssssssssta Kennedy!

Then slammed on the breaks, reversed back to the guy. Shouted Kennedy again, and drive away.

Legit cracked me up at the time.

Paul Heyman told the story about how that came about; apparently it was Maria Kanellis' idea to have him drive back in a say his name a second time.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Wait, Dino wrestled in Chikara? That seems kinda counter-productive to Quack's "If you use a curse word, you're sleeping on the couch" approach.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No if you curse you're not allowed to sell merch

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Luke and Butch lickin bush

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Besides if I recall my Useless Wrestling Trivia, he didn't tongue lick people so much as he licked them with his bottom lip (which eventually gave him an infection)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

man even when WCW was at its worst they knew how to let wrestlers just have fun and do funny poo poo. nowadays the best you can hope for is Vince McMahon Corporate Brand Approved Funpaste

Having stopped watching from 98 on for a few years, I can only conclude that Positively Kanyon was going to save WCW but he somehow was injured or abducted or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Yes, I watched wrestling back then. And I'm not saying it was sexual. But it's still a grown man licking the face of a child, not shaking their hand or patting them on the back. My point is, why would you take that chance in the first place? What happens if a parent took offense to it and punched Butch in the face? Would people run out and say "Hey, this is all in the context of wrestling, stop spoiling the show for everyone else!"

You seem to be under the impression that today's social standards were the same in the 1980s. I don't know why that's what you're focusing on, all kinds of way more awful poo poo was totally OK at the time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Germansimp posted:

Wait, Dino wrestled in Chikara? That seems kinda counter-productive to Quack's "If you use a curse word, you're sleeping on the couch" approach.

On one hand, that isn't a Chikara clip, although it took me a second to realize that. It's from IWA East Coast.

But he did show up in Chikara during the first King of Trios back in 2007. He was... slightly reined in. It was awesome just for UltraMantis Black on commentary, trying to frame any and every little thing Dino did as being family friendly. Like, "He's trying to suck the air out of his lungs!"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

It was awesome just for UltraMantis Black

should be the generic description of any Chikara moment.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I didn't know Eric Young was now in WWE. Is there anyone left in TNA that would be worth signing for WWE?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bessantj posted:

I didn't know Eric Young was now in WWE. Is there anyone left in TNA that would be worth signing for WWE?

ECIII, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Moose

That's about it

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Sienna and Laurel Van Ness are pretty good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

That's about it

ECIII is bad.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sydal's young enough that he'll probably get another shot at some point if he can lay off the drugs

MassRafTer posted:

ECIII is bad.

What on earth is this opinion

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Sydal's young enough that he'll probably get another shot at some point if he can lay off the drugs

What on earth is this opinion

He's not any good in the ring, his promos are very, very samey and his entire aura is a steroid physique.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

That's about it

checksin posted:

Sienna and Laurel Van Ness are pretty good

I've heard of ECIII but not really heard much about the others. Quick google look and they seem like they'd fit in NXT. There must have been a bit of a talent drain in TNA over the last few months.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

He's not any good in the ring, his promos are very, very samey and his entire aura is a steroid physique.

Jinder Mahal is getting a title shot with those qualities.

Randy Orton has had a long successful career too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

One of those two is a member of an ethnicity that WWE wants to target.

The other is considered one of the best workers in the world by his colleagues.

(WWE definitely wants to target white dudes.)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bessantj posted:

I've heard of ECIII but not really heard much about the others. Quick google look and they seem like they'd fit in NXT. There must have been a bit of a talent drain in TNA over the last few months.

Moose has had domestic abuse issues in the past.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

does Jinder have bacne

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

bessantj posted:

DJZ, maybe?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ECIII's back acne is to the point that the WWE would have to give everyone at ringside plastic sheets as though they were at a Gallagher show.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

ECIII's back acne is to the point that the WWE would have to give everyone at ringside plastic sheets as though they were at a Gallagher show.

OTOH, Jinder

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

That DICK! posted:

man even when WCW was at its worst they knew how to let wrestlers just have fun and do funny poo poo. nowadays the best you can hope for is Vince McMahon Corporate Brand Approved Funpaste

tbf Braun's been doing almost exactly the same thing as kanyon lately

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm not even a Orton fan but he's MILES better than ECIII.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I want them to stop signing TNA people. If I wanted to see Austin Aries and bobby rooooo I would have watched TNA.

Keep Joe and Styles and get rid of the rest tbh

Hot take, I know

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

I want them to stop signing TNA people. If I wanted to see Austin Aries and bobby rooooo I would have watched TNA.

Keep Joe and Styles and get rid of the rest tbh

Hot take, I know

Get the gently caress out Xavier Woods!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I remember hearing somewhere that the New Generation era was rough because the company didn't have any real draws who moved the needle on sales for tickets, PPV buys, and merch.

This made me wonder: who are the draws in WWE history? I think there's an obvious group of five at the top: Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, Rock, and Cena. Who else makes the list of draws? Not guys at the level of those five, but wrestlers whose inclusion on a card would spike sales?

I've read that the only full-time wrestlers in the past few years to come close to Cena's drawing power for even a brief duration were Jeff Hardy and CM Punk. I'm sure that the Undertaker was considered a draw, but did that only start in the back half of his career after he had achieved legend status? Was somebody like Edge considered a draw? Was Daniel Bryan entering that conversation when his career ended? What about guys like Mick Foley and Triple H? Chyna and Sable? Bob Backlund and Randy Savage? Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
This might surprise you, but even though he was only active in the early part of the decade, Backlund was one of the top draws of the 80s and supposedly one of the top all-time draws in the WWE. Savage, Hart, Michaels, and Piper were also big draws in their heyday. Foley was a draw, but he hit his peak working with guys who were draws on their own. Edge, despite his nickname and his zillion title reigns, was a guy more analogous to like, Paul Orndorff: a meaningful draw for a period of several years but not a massive star.

This is always a controversial issue for several reasons. Peak draw vs. longevity. Measuring drawing power it takes two wrestlers to make a match and several matches to make a card. The role of booking in transforming someone from a popular wrestler into a draw. People freaking out if you tell them that HHH was a draw and Sting wasn't, and so on.