Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

slev posted:

streaming is against the law

Yeah but persona 5 has taught me that criminals are cool and the law is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MotU posted:

no as in I don't get NG+ at all or no as in I don't get the second stuff. i was under impression that both bad ends gave ng+ I just wasn't sure if they gave all the extras from both of em

My understanding is that it's not a real ending, it's just a non-standard game over akin to missing the deadline for a Palace.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

slev posted:

streaming is against the law

Thanks to Atlus, all the cool people (Giant Bomb) won't stream the game, leaving it to the renegades who want to see the world burn

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

geri_khan posted:

Are there any decent human beings streaming this game?
I'm having troubles finding one. Everyone's been a real shithead so far.

Epic Name Bro is just after Palace 4 and he's a swell fellow. He lived in Japan teaching for a few years so he has info on some of the cultural stuff. He's playing in Japanese on Hard Mode and his reactions to the Confidants are hilarious

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Clarste posted:

My understanding is that it's not a real ending, it's just a non-standard game over akin to missing the deadline for a Palace.

ok so its the other text choice you get later on that results in a Bad End that lets you do the 2nd cycle

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Count Bleck posted:

Look none of them ever confront you about it so that means it's okay, right? :v:

You really think he got away with it? How's P3 Protag doing right now? That's right. He's dead.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

DalaranJ posted:

You really think he got away with it? How's P3 Protag doing right now? That's right. He's dead.
Sort of

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dead in all the ways that count.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Late October: That immaculately coiffed motherfucker Akechi bogarted my death-takoyaki.

Significantly bigger spoilers: It's all but certain now that he's the team traitor so I hope that poo poo burned like lava on the way out.

Honestly the thread OP spoiled me more than anything, since the silhouette of the traitor at the end of Palace 5 is basically a photo-negative of Akechi's outfit. Also he's pretty much the only possible culprit now that my secondary theory of "something weird with Morgana" sputtered and died.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Does anyone have the gif of lenny asking for classical gas in last exit to springfield but with the persona ui

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/847183960044195840

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Epic Name Bro is just after Palace 4 and he's a swell fellow. He lived in Japan teaching for a few years so he has info on some of the cultural stuff. He's playing in Japanese on Hard Mode and his reactions to the Confidants are hilarious

Thanks! No more time to watch tonight but I checked him for 5 mins and he seems all right.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Finally starting to run dry on day SLs now that I'm going to take the 6th treasure. All that's left is Haru (at 6) and Shinya (at 4). Not gonna get that all-SLs trophy this run though, there are just too many night links left. Still, it's been a good run.

I'm definitely feeling Ryuji's dearth of good skills for a while though. He's still learning crappy Zio stuff when I just want him to get Megaton Raid and Matarukaja already. Yusuke would be flat out better right now if it wasn't for his insane Endurance stat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Clarste posted:

It lets you save the game and the savefile still says Completed so I think the bad ending does give you NG+ still

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Finally starting to run dry on day SLs now that I'm going to take the 6th treasure. All that's left is Haru (at 6) and Shinya (at 4). Not gonna get that all-SLs trophy this run though, there are just too many night links left. Still, it's been a good run.

I'm definitely feeling Ryuji's dearth of good skills for a while though. He's still learning crappy Zio stuff when I just want him to get Megaton Raid and Matarukaja already. Yusuke would be flat out better right now if it wasn't for his insane Endurance stat.

Swift Strike is good enough to last him for ages though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sea Sponge Run posted:

It lets you save the game and the savefile still says Completed so I think the bad ending does give you NG+ still

apparently the bad ends give you everything but Satanael, just wanted to fully find out sinc eI wanted to at least do the secret boss on the next play through. Can always just get the last trophy for the spoiler'd fusion whenever

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forgot that someone in the game mentions Goro's personal blog and im dying thinking about that

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

So, was the big calling-card midboss (you know the one) of Palace 7 meant to have some kind of special gimmick? I don't think I was too overlevelled (only killed the Reaper one single time), but he went down before he could do anything special. I got one message of "is staring at Joker" and then used a move called Laevateinn, but my Joker just totally dodged it and then next turn the boss died.

Also for realsies why is the palace 7 actual bosses' first form harder than all the rest? Big damage I can handle, having Joker be hit by Wage War and then suiciding onto Phys-Repel I cannot. When I retried I had an Orochi with Unbreakable Will so I just stayed on that until the form changes and that was that.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hierophant's iffy since it's very slow to progress the links early on, it gets story-gated for a while, and then max Kindness-gated (and then gives Kindness after that for no good reason).

You can finish it before it gets gated though I'm not sure it's the best use of your time from a maximizing links standpoint.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

You can finish it before it gets gated though I'm not sure it's the best use of your time from a maximizing links standpoint.

How does that make even the slightest bit of sense?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am pretty sure you cannot finish Hierophant before you finish Palace 4, for obvious reasons

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I think maybe he means finishing Hermit because there's a mementos request for Hierophant that blocks both Hierophant and Hermit from progressing, but completing that request is plot-gated. So you can lock yourself out of progressing Hermit, for a while, by progressing Hierophant too far.

Or at least that's the only way I can make sense of it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Or maybe you're confusing it with Temperance, which is blocked during summer vacation?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Desuwa posted:

I think maybe he means finishing Hermit because there's a mementos request for Hierophant that blocks both Hierophant and Hermit from progressing, but completing that request is plot-gated. So you can lock yourself out of progressing Hermit, for a while, by progressing Hierophant too far.

Or at least that's the only way I can make sense of it.

That's possible, but on a fresh file chances are you'd be much further on Hermit before you reach that point in Hierophant because it's easier to start Hermit than to progress Hierophant. Unless you've been working at the flower shop and drinking so much tea that you have Kindness 5 by the time you unlock Hermit.

How is the Hierophant request plot-gated though? Isn't it just a 'talk to Futaba, spend the day beating up her uncle'? That part of Mementos shouldn't be plot-gated, although the Mementos request for Hermit can be plot-gated before the Palace 5 deadline.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ApplesandOranges posted:

That's possible, but chances are you'd be much further on Hermit before you reach that point in Hierophant because it's easier to start Hermit than to progress Hierophant. Unless you've been working at the flower shop and drinking so much tea that you have Kindness 5 by the time you unlock Hermit.

How is the Hierophant request plot-gated though? Isn't it just a 'talk to Futaba, spend the day beating up her uncle'? That part of Mementos shouldn't be plot-gated, although the Mementos request for Hermit can be plot-gated before the Palace 5 deadline.

Part of Heirophant is plot-gated by finding out he has a daughter.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Part of Heirophant is plot-gated by finding out he has a daughter.

Yes, but they're referring to the Mementos request. To even get that request you'd be past the plot-gate anyway.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

ApplesandOranges posted:

That's possible, but on a fresh file chances are you'd be much further on Hermit before you reach that point in Hierophant because it's easier to start Hermit than to progress Hierophant. Unless you've been working at the flower shop and drinking so much tea that you have Kindness 5 by the time you unlock Hermit.

Seems I might have been mistaken or in a weird situation where Hermit's request (which I got first and which is plot gated because of the deeper layer of Mementos) was blocking me from doing Hierophant's request. I know I was unable to progress both Hermit and Hierophant until the next layer of mementos opened up, but I think I got the causes and effects mixed up.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Moltrey posted:

i wanna meet the human being who solely dated Ohya their first time
I was going to do a 100% celibacy run, but now I'm doing this just to spite you.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Finished Palace 6

I thought the reveal and the plan was done really well. And drat, the Phantom Thieves are probably some of the most ballsy and competent protagonists I've seen in a game. I"m really looking forward to the eventual crossover with P3 and P4 just so the other teams can go "Who the gently caress are these guys? :stare:"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Goro Akechi is the most unctuous little poo poo who ever lived, I swear to God.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Oxxidation posted:

Doesn't it make you just want to beat him with leadpipes and 2x4s? :allears:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Finished Palace 6

I thought the reveal and the plan was done really well. And drat, the Phantom Thieves are probably some of the most ballsy and competent protagonists I've seen in a game. I"m really looking forward to the eventual crossover with P3 and P4 just so the other teams can go "Who the gently caress are these guys? :stare:"

Who would win in a real-life fight, Chie or Makoto

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Justice Will Prevail

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Oxxidation posted:

yeah hes the best

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who would win in a real-life fight, Chie or Makoto
chie sits around in sweats watching bruce lee movies and doing the whooshing sounds with the moves, makoto rides a motorcycle and takes self defense classes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Chie is better-trained but doesn't have Makoto's bottomless reservoir of righteous fury.

They both want to be cops so let's just imagine a future of them flipping over entire buses and punching bullets out of the air.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I thought Chie just imitated Kung Fu movies, whereas Makoto actually has self defense training.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I thought Chie just imitated Kung Fu movies, whereas Makoto actually has self defense training.

Yes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh right, she actually knows aikido. Chie would get loving dismantled.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think only Makoto, Akihiko, Yukari and Mitsuru have any sort of real-world combat training. I guess 3MC if he's in the Kendo club.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think it's debatable how well something like a sports club would translate into real-world combat. Especially something like archery where you shoot at stationary targets at a fixed distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Oh right, she actually knows aikido. Chie would get loving dismantled.

Meh, aikido ain't that practical, and besides Chie is an adult at this point.