Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't even read that without my eyes struggling to slide over the rest of it in what I can only assume as an attempt to stop further brain cell loss from occuring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Lil Peeler posted:

It's so incredible how nothing makes any sense at all. Like not a single thought connects to the previous thought. Can you imagine talking to a person like this and then saying "yes this person should make key decisions that impact my life?" Like this person should be in charge of my finances and home security?

Extrapolating this is very depressing because I'm pretty sure it only ends in civil war. RIP

I just don't understand how anyone who reads that or listens to him talk about issues can go "Yeup, that's mah guy and I like him!" I am not being facetious. I do not understand.
Do those people just hear a tone or way of speaking that's familiar to them? idgi

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how that graphic stipulates it's about non-partisan coverage only. It's a hilarious self-own left wholly intact.

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

I just don't understand how anyone who reads that or listens to him talk about issues can go "Yeup, that's mah guy and I like him!" I am not being facetious. I do not understand.
Do those people just hear a tone or way of speaking that's familiar to them? idgi

Racism.

That's all there is to it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

There's not going to be a fuckin civil war over trump the tardo. This isn't twilight with hashtags determining teams and glitter bomb wars...

oh

oh god

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Lil Peeler posted:

Extrapolating this is very depressing because I'm pretty sure it only ends in civil war. RIP

Just move to a major city, then you'll get at most a few hours to feel depressed and possibly get drunk before suddenly not caring any more.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm not sure, but it's something like that. For example, watch this re-enactment of the presidential debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU06-3mPH1I

Trump's speech is still a nonsensical mess, but it no longer sounds like he is mentally handicapped or has brain damage. It just sounds like he has no idea what he is talking about.

My guess is that it's a class thing, I'm just not sure how Trump manages to sound lower class, despite being an ultra rich trust fund kid that had everything handed to him from birth.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

During trumps formative years he typically hung out with wannabe celebs not your usual cadre of upmarket city elites, so I imagine he just never learned to talk to educated adults

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013

The fact that 42% still supports him is dangerously lol-worthy

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Tingfinder posted:

Think of the glass thats 42% full. The bottom bit is usually backwash anyway.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Trump's speech is still a nonsensical mess, but it no longer sounds like he is mentally handicapped or has brain damage. It just sounds like he has no idea what he is talking about.

No, he legit-no-irony-no-lol-bigly-serious sounds like someone suffering from dementia who has a large group of handlers desperately trying to get him to remember basic talking points.

I like when people just post photoshops and jpegs in this thread because reading transcripts gives me this sinking feeling in my stomach that I think might be terror :(

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Professor Shark posted:

No, he legit-no-irony-no-lol-bigly-serious sounds like someone suffering from dementia who has a large group of handlers desperately trying to get him to remember basic talking points.

I like when people just post photoshops and jpegs in this thread because reading transcripts gives me this sinking feeling in my stomach that I think might be terror :(

I can't imagine that stress is good for you if you have early signs of dementia. Could it be the reason why he's shipped off to golf and recuperate 3 days per week?

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

I lol'd so hard at this that I literally, no joke, ejaculated super hard and now my dick hurts. oh my got its beautiful.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This one is my favorite

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

"I used to get great press"

ie. he bought full-page ads advocating the death penalty

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

This one is my favorite

Jesus Christ

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
I Keep reading that as

"Here's a part of your story, it's going to be a big mmmrfamrnmf.. I'm not delaying anything, I'll tell you the other thing is remmfhhbermmhhh. And it got worse. Smmmarmlerrebemmh.That was one thing."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thanks for all the lols

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Since someone asked for the picture here are the variations. Some top photoshops everyone

also lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tingfinder posted:

We replaced this democrat president with a republican president that cant do their job at all. Let's see what people rhink of the job hes doing

42% say At least hes not black

coke
Jul 12, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

This one is my favorite

the real lol is that this is probably the best, truthful representation of USA, if you include everyone in the country

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Madcosby posted:

We replaced this democrat president with a republican president that cant do their job at all. Let's see what people rhink of the job hes doing

42% say At least hes not black

This is un-ironically true. "At least he's not Obongo", a common refrain.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

good dog in chief, fine dog

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
What really bothers me is the phrase in the brackets. "wrong big on election" seriously? I can spin it all I want, it doesn't make zero sense. LOL

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

AP Trump Interview posted:

TRUMP: Yeah. Let me give me an example. A little before I took office there was a terrible article about the F-35 fighter jet. It was hundreds of billions of dollars over budget. It was seven years behind schedule. It was a disaster. So I called in Lockheed and I said, "I'm sorry, we're going to have to bid this out to another company, namely Boeing," or whoever else. But Boeing. And I called in Boeing and I started getting competing offers back and forth. ...

TRUMP: I saved $725 million on the 90 planes. Just 90. Now there are 3,000 planes that are going to be ordered. On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million. Gen. Mattis, who had to sign the deal when it came to his office, said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life." We went from a company that wanted more money for the planes to a company that cut. And the reason they cut — same planes, same everything — was because of me. I mean, because that's what I do.

TRUMP: Now if you multiply that times 3,000 planes, you know this is on 90 planes. In fact, when the Prime Minister (Shinzo) Abe of Japan came in because they bought a certain number of those ... The first thing he said to me, because it was right at the time I did it, he said, "Could I thank you?" I said, "What?" He said, "You saved us $100 million." Because they got a $100 million savings on the 10 or 12 planes that they (bought). Nobody wrote that story. Now you know that's a saving of billions and billions of dollars, many billions of dollars over the course of — it's between 2,500 and 3,000 planes will be the final order. But this was only 90 of those 2,500 planes.

lololol imagine if this were true and what that would do to Lockheeds stock price if they were chopping billions and billions of dollars out of their pockets because the president said "make them cheaper"

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Multilake posted:

What really bothers me is the phrase in the brackets. "wrong big on election" seriously? I can spin it all I want, it doesn't make zero sense. LOL

Little known fact: Trump is actually a hardcore homestar runner fan, and has created numerous fan characers, including "wrong big", "bad sad" and his own self-insert "Easy D".

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856481786938916865

General E. Watch is my OC, do not steal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/fivefifths/stat...%3D5542%23pti25

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Tumble posted:

lololol imagine if this were true and what that would do to Lockheeds stock price if they were chopping billions and billions of dollars out of their pockets because the president said "make them cheaper"

haha.

quote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-a7698816.html
24 April, 2017
Donald Trump has repeated his claim to have saved hundreds of million dollars on F-35 stealth fighter jets, despite the deal having been cut before he became President.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler said it was the 14th time Mr Trump had made the claim, more than two months after Democratic senator Jack Reed, of the US' Armed Services Committee, accused the President of "simply taking credit for what's been in the works for many months".

conversely, LOL

quote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/f-35-lockheed-martin-cost-reduction/
February 5, 2017
(CNN)Defense giant Lockheed Martin has agreed to sell 90 new F-35 fighter jets to the US Defense Department for $8.5 billion -- a deal that amounts to more than $700 million in savings over the last batch of aircraft delivered.

Lockheed Martin credited President Donald Trump for helping to "accelerate negotiations" and "drive down the price" of what is already the most expensive weapons program in history.

"Nobody wrote that story. "...

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Watch!

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856484873133060101

Another one! I think he had a stroke after the "if" tho..

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The president of the United States is literally retarded

e: i can't stop laughing, people are staring already and i can't stop laughing. jesus loving christ, the president is literally "special"

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

I'm starting to think that between the F-35 thing and this electoral college rambling, that on top of any dementia, his fragile ego broke and his team are trying to pat him on the back with this bullshit to keep him going

"Nobody else could have won against those odds, but you did! And look what you did with the F-35! Only you could do that! Big boy!"

either that or its the voices in his head, which are apparently more articulate than him because he cant seem to piece together.. well, anything let alone a loving wall

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Reminds of a Capcom Street Fighter game over screen.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Multilake posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856484873133060101

Another one! I think he had a stroke after the "if" tho..

maybe he had to wipe

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

god that's amazing

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

mike12345 posted:

maybe he had to wipe

I'm predicting one more. We are just nine minutes in, give the old man time for his 140 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

trump is actually a major cinefile