Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

doing refunds on purchased books, or just giving out free rules?

again, store credit ≠ refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

again, store credit ≠ refund

it seemed from the context of NTRabbit's post that he was implying that Battlefront was doing refunds and not store credit though?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea but you were on the refund thing before his posts about replacement books

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

NTRabbit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MFVhqcRpN4

40kers should just get on the right stuff and listen to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard until it's all over

Well now I have a new band to dig into, thanks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm not mad
no ur mad
who is crying no no no
I care even less than u, you carer, caring so much

Are we done with this yet? GW: still a lovely company, making tiny steps towards the bare minimum bar for not being a totally shitbag company. Nobody is claiming anything more than that.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You'd think with all the new material this thread could be funny but nope, bitter sperging all the way down.

This thread is not here to make you laugh, talkidwithglasses. The posters in it are not obligated to entertain you. But hey, if there's some jokes to be made, please go ahead, I'm sure everyone will appreciate it!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

You'd think with all the new material this thread could be funny but nope, bitter sperging all the way down.

Years of obsessive, unhealthy investment in a negative mental loop waiting for 40k to be AoS'd is being paid off by GW doing good things and 40k players being happy about the AoSing. It's a Monkey's Paw situation.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
perhaps someone should go find posts on another forum, then c/p them here as their own. thats the height of comedy surely

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Years of obsessive, unhealthy investment in a negative mental loop waiting for 40k to be AoS'd is being paid off by GW doing good things and 40k players being happy about the AoSing. It's a Monkey's Paw situation.

don't forget arguing about star wars and gundams

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

perhaps someone should go find posts on another forum, then c/p them here as their own. thats the height of comedy surely

See, watching everyone fight over nonsense was hilarious. This is just kind of pathetic.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

I don't think the fact that y'alls are defending this is quite as shocking as you think it is

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
as always, the usual suspects have taken their positions in the threads re: thing gw did

when will tg have its kendall jenner pepsi moment?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Speak for yourself. While a tournament-backed ruleset does sound good on paper, this is Games "roll a 3+ followed by a 4+" Workshop, and stuff like "a dozen pages of core rules" is enough to trigger my alarm sirens.

Related, when is Mantic releasing a not-Tyranid faction for Warpath? :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Slimnoid posted:

Well now I have a new band to dig into, thanks.

Np. They're releasing five albums this year, Flying Microtonal Banana was the first, the next is Murder of the Universe out end of June. They're definitely experimental.

Soulfucker posted:

Depends on what you take to be not-Tyranid; the Nameless are shortly to be an alpha/beta Deadzone list using the boardgame plastic minis coming with Star Saga, and will progress to a full army after that. The Z'Zor are a release much further away I think.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 25, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Soulfucker posted:

Speak for yourself. While a tournament-backed ruleset does sound good on paper, this is Games "roll a 3+ followed by a 4+" Workshop, and stuff like "a dozen pages of core rules" is enough to trigger my alarm sirens.

so what, you actually like the current shitshow ruleset?

vvvv this post is the thread's nadir btw

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

See, watching everyone fight over nonsense was hilarious. This is just kind of pathetic.

By "everyone" you mean like four or five posters and the hilarious part was I guess them arguing with believable, commonly-found crap opinions that, woah, here's the big joke, didn't belong to the people posting them! But were completely within the bounds of what actual real posters have posted, so... yeah, good job pretending to believe things other people believe, for effect!

I think if that sort of humor is what amuses you, this might be the wrong subforum for you.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

so what, you actually like the current shitshow ruleset?

I don't understand how or why you would draw this conclusion from my post?

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Has it been more than a year since AoS came out? Man, time flies when you're not playing AoS.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Soulfucker posted:

I don't understand how or why you would draw this conclusion from my post?

because you're apparently unhappy that they're changing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

By "everyone" you mean like four or five posters and the hilarious part was I guess them arguing with believable, commonly-found crap opinions that, woah, here's the big joke, didn't belong to the people posting them! But were completely within the bounds of what actual real posters have posted, so... yeah, good job pretending to believe things other people believe, for effect!

the true comedy is that the c/pers actually agreed with what they were c/ping

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I forgot about the time the 40k thread devolved into Space Wolf RP posting.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

"GW sucks"

"GW did something good though!"

"Nah, they still basically suck. This thing they did isn't really a major improvement."

"Wait, so you're unhappy they did something good?"

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
"I'm not owned, I'm not owned", I cry as GW smashes me in the balls with a generous refund and return policy which goes well beyond their statutory duty.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

the true comedy is that the c/pers actually agreed with what they were c/ping

This is a Serious Thread for Serious Posters, thank you very much

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned", I cry as GW smashes me in the balls with a generous refund and return policy which goes well beyond their statutory duty.

store credit, not refund or return policy

if you bought within eight weeks

a product they knew was about to be obsoleted months before they released it

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Leperflesh posted:

I mean technically we all knew these books would be obsolete years ago.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

since i cant physically give you a refreshing pepsi, this will have to suffice

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Leperflesh posted:

holy poo poo those fuckers probably planned on doing an 8th edition back before they released 7th edition

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

holy poo poo those fuckers probably planned on doing an 8th edition back before they released 7th edition

here you go friend

rest your weary head now. no more need for absurd hyperbole. instead enjoy the taste of the new generation, to go along with your new edition

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

TTerrible posted:

11th March 2017: Gathering Storm - Rise of the Primarch is released.

22nd April 2017:

Forty two days.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I mentioned offhand to some friends that Warhammer 40k was about to get their 8th Edition rules soon, one of them basically quipped "the fact that this game needs eight whole editions says everything you need to know"

Granted everyone of them is from a tabletop rpg background and if the games they played had the same rate of turnover for rulebooks that 40k does they'd have dropped the hobby ages ago.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Don't people who support GW get what they deserve though?

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

spectralent posted:

I remember the bit in LOTR where Pippin wanders through a battle between confederate elf america and aztec lizardmen.

Thanks for pointing out how unique and original the Lizardmen are.

And if you think that the concept of Dark Elves and Naggaroth are not lifted straight out of the Silmarillion, maybe look it up.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

here you go friend

rest your weary head now. no more need for absurd hyperbole. instead enjoy the taste of the new generation, to go along with your new edition

I'm sorry you bought into whatever edition expecting it to be the last, I guess

Hey man I"m as upset as you are

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm sorry you bought into whatever edition expecting it to be the last, I guess

how are you this dense

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Sure are a lot of strawmen in this here debate.

No one said games shouldn't be updated. No one said a business shouldn't replace old products with new.

Hope that helps.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Leperflesh posted:

how are you this dense

it makes for funnier arguments

e: also that buy one get one free image doesn't link anywhere just btw

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 25, 2017

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

I am not. I'll try to clarify my position: most of the proposed changes for the new edition (especially ITC supposedly having a hand in the new ruleset) are relatively good news - if they're true.

I do have strong doubts about GW delivering on all of these promises given their track record, unless they've seriously made efforts to improve(which I also doubt, given the latest set of releases).

edit: looks like you guys already continued this without me???

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Soulfucker posted:

I am not. I'll try to clarify my position: most of the proposed changes for the new edition (especially ITC supposedly having a hand in the new ruleset) are relatively good news - if they're true.

I do have strong doubts about GW delivering on all of these promises given their track record, unless they've seriously made efforts to improve(which I also doubt, given the lates set of releases).

good point, fair enough

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Coming soon: games workshop blind buy model kits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

dmnz posted:

Thanks for pointing out how unique and original the Lizardmen are.

And if you think that the concept of Dark Elves and Naggaroth are not lifted straight out of the Silmarillion, maybe look it up.

What, "aztec lizardmen" is a stale pop culture cliche?

Dark elves aren't unique, the fact that the dark elves have a bunch of transparent allegory to the fact they're a north-america slave-owning society is. It's another time the blend of random stuff is somewhat unique.

• Locked thread