Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, he openly ran away from the Hydra madness so it makes sense that he just ran off to be a corrupt businessman on a beautiful island where SHIELD isn't trying to save the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Refresh my/our memory on that? Also, I'm re-watching season 3 and just got to the awesome Lash vs Everyone battle in 3x07 Chaos Theory. Great loving fight/episode. I miss Lincoln, even if he was the weakest AoS character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUKUvEU1N8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrew has been surprisingly absent so far. Did he get guillotined off screen for being an Inhuman or is he just doing something else and can't show up on the show?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Andrew has been surprisingly absent so far. Did he get guillotined off screen for being an Inhuman or is he just doing something else and can't show up on the show?

uh

he died. very prominently. as lash.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

uh

he died. very prominently. as lash.

And yet, Ward and Trip are somehow alive again?? I'm so confused!

He's obviously asking about alternate Andrew in the Framework, dude.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

oh, sorry. I got confused.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

RareAcumen posted:

Maybe he was killed as part of the incident in Cambridge, further explaining May's framework persona.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want to say they made some passing mention of Andrew being an inhuman who was killed or something? Like just his name on some passing file or something. I may be totally wrong, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tad SG posted:

Maybe he was killed as part of the incident in Cambridge, further explaining May's framework persona.

STAC Goat posted:

I want to say they made some passing mention of Andrew being an inhuman who was killed or something? Like just his name on some passing file or something. I may be totally wrong, though.

Last time I remember hearing anything about him, May was talking to him on the phone right after saving the kid instead of killing her in the Framework, so I could buy either one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I got to episode 18 and I want Ward to die all over again

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn't May looking at a list of Cambridge victims and Andrew was one? My brain might have completely made that up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I want to say its something like that but I honestly am not sure I didn't make it up myself.

edit: I just rewatched that scene and May says "its only a risk if you have something to lose" and then looks back at the memorial with "Andrew Hayes" in the center of it. I think I probably assumed that was Andrew but a google search tells me his last name was Garner so I guess it was just a coincidence and I filled in blanks.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 24, 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If we get to keep Ward, I'll gladly sacrifice a million Maces.

Please please please let them use Project Looking Glass to create an LMD Ward. Tripp.... ehhh I could go either way on.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I'm about Warded out. He's reaching "Harrison Wells" levels. Wait, has he passed HR?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Ward is what makes AoS an amazing comic book show instead of just an amazing show.

I'm curious as to whose consciousness willed Tripp into existence. Mace never knew him, yet Tripp was a mole inside of HYDRA working for him. So somewhere in this created world, someone's history created a good guy Tripp who wouldn't have been killed in a terragenesis gas cloud.

It couldn't have been Daisy or Simmons, since they weren't in the Framework, it couldn't have been May, Fitz, or Coulson, because they were all in on the HYDRA train. Even though he's not real, could it have been Ward? Could Tripp be a ghost of a ghost?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
When they discover the Framework, they observe that the world is populated by doubles of everyone in the world, and that this must have been possible through the power of the Darkhold.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe the Darkhold is just the AoS version of the comic book Cosmic Cube. It can do anything. Maybe Hydra really did win, but someone changed history. Maybe Ward was originally a good guy and Fitz has always been a fascist.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Ward is what makes AoS an amazing comic book show instead of just an amazing show.

I'm curious as to whose consciousness willed Tripp into existence. Mace never knew him, yet Tripp was a mole inside of HYDRA working for him. So somewhere in this created world, someone's history created a good guy Tripp who wouldn't have been killed in a terragenesis gas cloud.

It couldn't have been Daisy or Simmons, since they weren't in the Framework, it couldn't have been May, Fitz, or Coulson, because they were all in on the HYDRA train. Even though he's not real, could it have been Ward? Could Tripp be a ghost of a ghost?

Nobody willed him into existence, he just didn't die. The thing that killed him never happened in this world, ergo, still alive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

Nobody willed him into existence, he just didn't die. The thing that killed him never happened in this world, ergo, still alive.

Look, can we just start shouting SPEEDFORCE DARK MAGIC and leave it at that? :v:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Have we seen Ward come out on their version of TV? Either Squidward claiming world domination or Hydra Ward standing behind Garrett? That would nix the chances of him becoming an L.M.D.. That'd be why Coulson can't be head of "A team that trusts," new S.H.I.E.L.D., theoretically.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

"YOU NEVER HAD ANY TIME FOR HER! YOU ONLY HAD TIME FOR YOUR WORK, AND YOUR PROSTITUTES!"

Jemma could have had a career in acting.

Lest we forget,

"I'm Agent Grand Ward."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

There's an interview Joss Whedon about his Batgirl movie and predictably he voices some issues he had with Marvel, including him disagreeing with the decision to resurrect Coulson for AoS.

The one thing that makes Joss happy is killing fictional people, but forever, you guys.

A small price to pay, but it is an annoying price.

The MSJ posted:

Framework Ward is technically a ghost. Last season, there was a zombie Ward. Maybe next season Ward becomes Ghost Rider to get the requisite flaming head.

Ghost Rider 2099.

double nine posted:

the "large file transfer" scene will never not be funny to me.

Agreed.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Even if it's only ever broadcast on YouTube, I want to see an episode where they're all playing LMDs of each other. Clark Gregg as Simmons, Ming-Na Wen as Mack, Brett Dalton as Daisy Johnson, et cetera.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

For some reason, I was under the impression that fake people with real counterparts were based off of the experiences and memories of the real people put into the Framework. So AIDA/Radcliffe didn't create someone like Tripp or Fitz' dad from scratch, but they were created organically from the minds of the people put into the Framework.

I'm totally willing to accept I'm overthinking this and "Darkhold did it" is the answer, because this is comic book logic, but is actually done well enough for me to not dwell on details like this.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jamesman posted:

For some reason, I was under the impression that fake people with real counterparts were based off of the experiences and memories of the real people put into the Framework. So AIDA/Radcliffe didn't create someone like Tripp or Fitz' dad from scratch, but they were created organically from the minds of the people put into the Framework.

I'm totally willing to accept I'm overthinking this and "Darkhold did it" is the answer, because this is comic book logic, but is actually done well enough for me to not dwell on details like this.

It's possible but unlikely unless it was extrapolating from every single instance each person saw another person one time. Otherwise, there wouldn't be enough people to populate the city, let alone an entire world (which is implied).
So, that lady behind Coulson at the K-Mart (which is doing great in the Framework, thank you very much) was actually someone he nodded at when he was getting a bagel ten years ago in the real world.
But, if the Darkholde did manage to load part of the Framework on every single electronic device in the world, it'd be pretty easy to gather enough information to build a world based on actual people, not memories of them.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

It's possible but unlikely unless it was extrapolating from every single instance each person saw another person one time. Otherwise, there wouldn't be enough people to populate the city, let alone an entire world (which is implied).
So, that lady behind Coulson at the K-Mart (which is doing great in the Framework, thank you very much) was actually someone he nodded at when he was getting a bagel ten years ago in the real world.
But, if the Darkholde did manage to load part of the Framework on every single electronic device in the world, it'd be pretty easy to gather enough information to build a world based on actual people, not memories of them.

I allow me to rebut in the form of my AV.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rampage

RAMPAGE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh, lil Bill Paxton there.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Awww, John Garret in memoriam :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well this went from 0 to Matrix rather quickly

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: get hosed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha Daisy is so great

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

YESSSSS GET hosed OPHELIA

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Boo. Aida cheated. She died in the video game.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hangover made of bees

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

"It's like a hangover made of bees."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol what happened to the 2 guards next to Madame Hydra?

May going from literally Hail Hydra to full sympathizer just because Mace died still fesls really sloppy.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

First May's flip then Madame Hydra quaked right out of a window. This episode is going hard with badass moments already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol what happened to the 2 guards next to Madame Hydra?

May going from literally Hail Hydra to full sympathizer just because Mace died still fesls really sloppy.

May didn't know kids were in the building and they had her give commands to take it down no matter who was in it.

Mace died saving a kid that May put in danger. So she's thinking "uh maybe the group that doesn't mind killing kids isn't so good" while the other one has their leader sacrifice himself to save them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh cool, it was the elevator Cap beat up all those Hydra agents in.

• Locked thread