Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Tengames posted:

I have a bit of fun making macros to automate each event quest/week in the arena. its almost like a whole game in itself in setting up a party to clear it consistantly every run and make the macro loop perfectly.

Could you help me out with my Earth Shrine script? It only attacks with the units in the 3 left most slots, so if they don't kill everything it just sits and waits. Also it doesn't decline friend requests, grrr.

edit: or anyone else for that matter

Ghostnuke fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I'm sitting on 20 Fryevia Trust Moogles, knowing the day I sell them is the day I pull her. I can't be the only one, right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

If you're that upset you can always fuse her into Bedile.
30% extra MP + stats is still more useful for my tilith than just plain 30% more MP even if she cant dual cast for poo poo.

Trance Terra was pretty much the start of the ability unlock chains that other characters got later on, which later evolved into full blown combos for certain bruisers. Maybe her enhancements will actually be the start of making casters actually comparable to physical characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Enchanted Maze and Gil Snapper's Cave events start up again tomorrow, and run through 5/2. My Noctis is hoping that Cactuar Dunes is next weekend...

Also, did my daily half: Rainbow. Trance Terra. So close!

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 26, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

fullTimeLurker posted:

So after banging my head against Gilgamesh, I think it's impossible without a Cecil. Every single guide I've read up on seems to use a Cecil as a tank. Which seems really really dumb to lock a boss behind a single character. Leo and Charlette just don't seem to have enough HP. Not sure what to do at this point to try and beat the trial.

I've been banging my head about Gilgamesh too, and I haven't even attempted the trial. I've read about using Snow's draw attacks to get popped with the single target KO. I've read about using Cecil and Provoke. My luck is I would get hosed on a threshold and have some one critical go down.

Locking the boss behind a single character is actually a pretty common way of fighting a boss. You especially see this in the online FFs because the healer only has to focus on 1 person, instead of the group.

Every thing I have read suggests a dualcast Refia, which I had neither. Now I have Refia, and I'm working on the dualcast.

At one time I was going to run 2 healers (Refia & Ysholta), Rain, Cecil, and Bartz, with a friend Noctis, and then, after spending too much time gearing up and rearranging units, I realized how long that belittle was going to be and decided to put it off.

It seems at a minimum you need dualcast and dual wield to do this trial comfortably.

hagie fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 26, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kheldarn posted:

Enchanted Maze and Gil Snapper's Cave events start up again tomorrow, and run through 5/2. My Noctis is hoping that Cactuar Dunes is next weekend...

Also, did my daily half: Rainbow. Trance Terra. So close!

Never gotten a daily rainbow. Did get my second setzer today, which I won't complain about.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Never gotten a daily rainbow. Did get my second setzer today, which I won't complain about.

Pretty sure this is my first daily rainbow, and I've been playing since launch (not that we had dailys back then, but still).

She's no Setzer, but apparently, she's a better mage than Exdeath?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm tired of Fishing so I think I'll go back to TMR grinding today. I have all the tickets, quartz, the +10% Moogle, all the cheap 6* awakening mats, and the Tabby Suit so I think I'm good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'm tired of Fishing so I think I'll go back to TMR grinding today. I have all the tickets, quartz, the +10% Moogle, all the cheap 6* awakening mats, and the Tabby Suit so I think I'm good.

Yeah I'm grabbing a power crystal and I'm done too. I'm getting it in case I change my mind about enhancing Lightning's crushing blow.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I desperately need a cactuar dunes event now. I have 2 setzers that need levelled. I miss the egg event and it's huge number of cactuars already.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If Cactuars was two weeks ago, if I'm right it'll be next weekend. It might be the first time we've had it without a king Mog/grinding event in a long long time.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

If Cactuars was two weeks ago, if I'm right it'll be next weekend. It might be the first time we've had it without a king Mog/grinding event in a long long time.

Do we know for sure there won't be some kind of grinding event after the FF6 event?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Unless they hit us with another Eggseekers style event, there's usually a week break between these. Mostly because you need to be able to trade in Fish for a couple days after the event ends, so they can't have you using King Mog for 2 currencies unless they use a different vendor entirely.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

I did the same, though I'm depraved enough to get a few of the 1% moogles just because I am desperate for dualcast.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I bought out the good poo poo but I can't quit fishing yet because I've got a Rainbow Bloom problem :420:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

I desperately need a cactuar dunes event now. I have 2 setzers that need levelled. I miss the egg event and it's huge number of cactuars already.

Maze is next week, go hog wild.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

I look at that list and am angry, you have quite a few units I would kill for. It might be your gear that is the problem, because it's certainly not your units. (I'm pretty sure people one-shot Gilgamesh with dual Orlandu?)

Probably a combination of my gear and me being terrible at this game. The highest I can get my Orlandu is something like 560 attack, I'm nowhere near the 1k other people have, which I think is the requirement to 1shot him.

And as far as the fishing event goes, is it better to grind Elite with fewer bonus units or Pro with all bonus units? I've had a couple elite runs end in deaths, so I'm thinking PRO is a lot safer. But I don't think I'll ever get to 80k fish that way.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

fullTimeLurker posted:

Probably a combination of my gear and me being terrible at this game. The highest I can get my Orlandu is something like 560 attack, I'm nowhere near the 1k other people have, which I think is the requirement to 1shot him.

And as far as the fishing event goes, is it better to grind Elite with fewer bonus units or Pro with all bonus units? I've had a couple elite runs end in deaths, so I'm thinking PRO is a lot safer. But I don't think I'll ever get to 80k fish that way.

Get several goons with 800+ mag TTerras. They can solo ELT if you have any kind of spr reducing abilities(use Awakening turn 1, then dual cast Ultima or, if they have it, alterna).

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just got Setzer from my daily pull - I looked him up because I remember everyone here wanting him but he won't has an A rating. Is his only use the random 77777 or 1 damage skill for high defense enemies or is there more utility to him? I don't know whether or not to level him up.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rio posted:

I just got Setzer from my daily pull - I looked him up because I remember everyone here wanting him but he won't has an A rating. Is his only use the random 77777 or 1 damage skill for high defense enemies or is there more utility to him? I don't know whether or not to level him up.

He has a couple uses. He has a few good chain able abilities, and Dice has a 20% Chan e of being an awesome finisher.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Here's my understanding of what Setzer can do:

1) The dice thing you mentioned. 20% chance of doing 77,777 base damage which can get chain bonuses and *-killer abilities to stack. I got a Setzer with Beast Killer via Ifrit and three Poaches that makes his dice do 151k damage without chains on Ultima Weapon for example. According to the wiki with dual wield he'll use dice twice and both will have the same result for more hilarity when you get 77,777. Possibly useful for cheesing fights like that video of two Edgars and Setzer one turning Dark Ifrit & Siren.

2) Chaining! He can use swords which have decent elemental coverage and his lv100 ability is a 10 hit attack that afaik chains well with itself. His limit break can also chain well too but not as well (9 hits)

3) He can inflict AoE random status including petrify which makes him good for arena when status effect attacks aren't banned.

I can't say much about 2 & 3 from personal experience, my Setzers are still middling levels and spend most of their time drinking potions for the item whiz trophy.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth getting Lightning to 100% evade? Looking at the list I have everything I need, including Dracwell's cape, but 5 of the TM's I need aren't even at 10% so that's a loooooong term project.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I have 14 units awaiting upgrades, chose to do Minfilia and Refia 1st. These other units are niche and aren't key to any future success

Primm
Seven
Xon
Lasswell
Lid
Fina
Vanille
Sazh
Fang
Nichol
Jake
Cupid Luna
Terra
Kefka

I could maybe bump Kefka up to 6* and let him level through my remaining fishing but I'm not certain I want to move those mats that way.

Edit: and the units of the past are still haunting me. I'm addicted now to the 1/2 pull for no reason and ended up with a Soleil...

The thing I can't stand about Setzer is my luck with the RNG. Too many times I have used him and gotten 1 dmg.

hagie fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 26, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

I have 14 units awaiting upgrades, chose to do Minfilia and Refia 1st. These other units are niche and aren't key to any future success

Primm
Seven
Xon
Lasswell
Lid
Fina
Vanille
Sazh
Fang
Nichol
Jake
Cupid Luna
Terra
Kefka

I could maybe bump Kefka up to 6* and let him level through my remaining fishing but I'm not certain I want to move those mats that way.

Edit: and the units of the past are still haunting me. I'm addicted now to the 1/2 pull for no reason and ended up with a Soleil...

The thing I can't stand about Setzer is my luck with the RNG. Too many times I have used him and gotten 1 dmg.

Story units like Asswell, Lid, Nichol, Jake are useful for the future story-unit-only fights.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Thanks for the info. I have enough mats to max someone out and god knows when I will get a rainbow again. I was debating maxing Xon but it sounds like Setzer might be better...although the skill to steal boss buffs is appealing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wait. Setzer's chaining move is Red Card, not Prismatic Flash?
I've been using these friend units the wrong way the whole time!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

Wait. Setzer's chaining move is Red Card, not Prismatic Flash?
I've been using these friend units the wrong way the whole time!

Prismatic flash is kind of a slightly worse red card that hits all enemies. So it would chain decently, but not quite as good as red card.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Just played a guy with five Setzers in the arena. Luckily the computer player is dumb as poo poo but that could have been a train wreck.

I got my Setzer up to the mid 80s and 6 star with all the crap I had laying around and I'm glad I did. He is pretty awesome and pulling out massive damage out of nowhere has already been super useful on boss fights.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

You can swap out ring of luci for the 20 sided die which is much easier to get and what im planning to do. However i still gotta tm grind all this stuff out so i likely wont have one ready until next week , which is fine as im leaving my Trance Terra up for the event anyway.

Yeah, you don't need the 5%, and it's on an easier to get unit, I was just going with what I have anyway. The real issue is needing Vampire Cloak, which you have.

KDdidit posted:

Is it worth getting Lightning to 100% evade? Looking at the list I have everything I need, including Dracwell's cape, but 5 of the TM's I need aren't even at 10% so that's a loooooong term project.

And also you. To answer your question, yes, if only because if you have all the gear you can make some later, better units 100% dodge instead. Like Tidus, for example.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

rio posted:

Just played a guy with five Setzers in the arena. Luckily the computer player is dumb as poo poo but that could have been a train wreck.

I got my Setzer up to the mid 80s and 6 star with all the crap I had laying around and I'm glad I did. He is pretty awesome and pulling out massive damage out of nowhere has already been super useful on boss fights.

Setzer really is almost like cheating. I beat Brachiosaurus earlier when I had no business doing so, just cause I cheesed some lucky dice rolls.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The most fun thing about Setzer is that he can do his bullshit dice rolls from like level 5 4*. His awesome chaining requires level 100, but having a low level 4* throwing out 77777 or 55555(before modifiers) damage is hilarious.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I have tried so hard but have failed to get alka Seltzer. I hope you all enjoy your multiple copies of him that the game apparently gives to everybody else except me.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ghostnuke posted:

Setzer really is almost like cheating. I beat Brachiosaurus earlier when I had no business doing so, just cause I cheesed some lucky dice rolls.

Do you know what killed the dinosaurs?

THE DICE AGE

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

:vince:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hamsystem posted:

Do you know what killed the dinosaurs?

THE DICE AGE

:perfect:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I wasn't really even trying to get anything since I don't really want or need Terra so when Setzer came up on the daily pull I was surprised. Now I want 4 more to have a Setzer face roll team and I haven't 10 pulled for a long time and am actually tempted on spending money but I know it will end in disappointment like every other time I have spent money on rolling in any f2p game.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Story units like Asswell, Lid, Nichol, Jake are useful for the future story-unit-only fights.

Yet another reason to spend lapis TM grinding instead of pulling characters.

Now I'm kind of looking forward to Sakura dual-wielding Mateus's Malice and becoming a tiny pink god of death.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I cleared out a few inactives if anyone would like a new goon friend.

411 249 974
IGN: okeydoke

I typically rotate between a well-geared TGC/Olive/Noctis/event dude depending on what's most useful. Currently have a 1100+ ATK Olive w/ Ifrit for event carries.

Removing Mrit made me sad. :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finished Power of Creation yesterday and Blade Mastery today, pushing my Orlandu up to 952 atk. :black101: (only improvement I can make is a bracer since I don't have Ramza or Gilgamesh)

Got 10 friend spots open: 155,948,655

Dana Crysalis posted:

I look at that list and am angry, you have quite a few units I would kill for. It might be your gear that is the problem, because it's certainly not your units. (I'm pretty sure people one-shot Gilgamesh with dual Orlandu?)

You can't one shot him with just two Cids* but they help. I three-rounded Gilgamesh with something like Orlandu/Olive/Xon/Refia/Minfilia and an Orlandu buddy. I've tried to 5 man it a few times but keep failing short. I think I need to get him right before his first threshold while having his elements debuffed (shattering shot for olive mainly) and the party buffed, then DR chain Olive's LB or True Shot and pray for the best (or lots of crits). If he survives I'd have to hope he doesn't wipe everyone with bushido freedom and the survivors can finish him, which is how my 3 turn clear went.

* Maybe some BiS super whale monsters with diablos + maneater and excal/deathbringer or whatever could do it but I'm still doubtful.

HGH posted:

Anyone find we're drowning in good robes lately? I was happy to farm a single Vestment of Mind and out come the Siren and Kefka robes. Not sure how worth it that 3% Refresh is comparatively. Of course non stack up to the Rainbow Robe but good luck getting those.
Poor Alma, she's not even TMR fodder anymore.

Robe of Lords is still decent, just not amazing BiS gear. I have 6 Almas and I'll probably never grind a robe but who knows...

Khisanth Magus posted:

We're about to get the Maze, which is also good for XP, so Dunes is probably 2-3 weeks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I did it, I finally decided to install an emulator and get a TM refilll macro going and jesus why didn't I do this sooner? Gonna blow a pile of lapis and get some kewl gear and materia :toot:

Is there a good list of TMs to snag kinda like the unit rankings list? I've got a decent idea of what to go for but it'd be nice to get an overall look at it all instead of reviewing each unit one at a time.

e: Turns out I'm just blind, found one on the Exvius wiki

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread