Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

I'm going to name my kids Hawke but not for the bird, for Dragon Age 2.

NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elftwink to my friends, that's Hornbill Elftwink to you.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Turkey Hawke

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Elftwink to my friends, that's Hornbill Elftwink to you.

I'm sorry but Hornbill Elftwink Winters is, legitimately, the worst name of all time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
and also the worst but most uncontestable sign of ragnarok

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that is product-of-rape level "I did not want this child"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I'm sorry but Hornbill Elftwink Winters is, legitimately, the worst name of all time.

Depends; boy or girl?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Reading some goon continuously lose his mind because some kid has the nickname Beezy is especially hilarious if you skimmed the original post and missed that it came from Beezlebub and wondered why he kept bring satan into things for like 6 posts...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

If I do that I'm going to drive to his house and bang on the door and demand that he answer for his need to be cruel to me when I left offerings on his altar every god damned week like he's my sex Yahweh.

Sweet lyrics.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Leon Einstein posted:

They took that scene out on Netflix. Stupid, hey? Like that's the most morally questionable scene on BB.

Nah, it's there. I was watching the pilot just the other day.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ouhei posted:

Reading some goon continuously lose his mind because some kid has the nickname Beezy is especially hilarious if you skimmed the original post and missed that it came from Beezlebub and wondered why he kept bring satan into things for like 6 posts...

It will never ever get old that you gotta characterize anyone you disagree with or that sees things differently than you as shouting, losing their mind, melting down, etc.

Like, I just wonder.. what is going on in your head that you gotta parse stuff like that? Naw dude whatever fantasy you want to believe go right ahead.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rakthar posted:

It will never ever get old that you gotta characterize anyone you disagree with or that sees things differently than you as shouting, losing their mind, melting down, etc.

Like, I just wonder.. what is going on in your head that you gotta parse stuff like that? Naw dude whatever fantasy you want to believe go right ahead.

I'm not mad and in fact, this is all extremely funny to me

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rakthar posted:

When you post like 8 full paragraphs of screeching it's hard not to picture you doing anything but screeching.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Yawgmoth posted:

When you post like 8 full paragraphs of screeching it's hard not to picture you doing anything but screeching.

You read people saying "I don't think it's cool to call kids dumb names" as screeching? Serious question, I know I'm losing internet points by engaging on any of these points and I should duck out until the next argument. All of this is wrong and shrill somehow, like asking people you disagree with why they disagree with you. Can't be done without screeching.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

a handjob is the sneakiest sex act and thus perfectly suited for being performed under a blanket when in a room full of people watching a movie

or perhaps on a bus, which I discovered years later is why my long-distance middle school field trips always forbade the sharing of blankets

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rakthar posted:

Says the dude who thinks a small child will be seen as a literal daemon-lord from the blackest pits of hell because they are called "Beezy".

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

At least the kid has a theme song.
https://youtu.be/Ara-kTQGjYk

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Who What Now posted:

Says the dude who thinks a small child will be seen as a literal daemon-lord from the blackest pits of hell because they are called "Beezy".

Or Damien

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Rakthar posted:

You read people saying "I don't think it's cool to call kids dumb names" as screeching? Serious question, I know I'm losing internet points by engaging on any of these points and I should duck out until the next argument. All of this is wrong and shrill somehow, like asking people you disagree with why they disagree with you. Can't be done without screeching.

my god dude stop posting

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Fullhouse posted:

a handjob is the sneakiest sex act and thus perfectly suited for being performed under a blanket when in a room full of people watching a movie

or perhaps on a bus, which I discovered years later is why my long-distance middle school field trips always forbade the sharing of blankets

See, I've never understood this. Surreptitious handjobs are even worse because they can only lead to two undesirable outcomes: you've either gotta stop before completion or you get loving jizz everywhere in a room/bus/theatre full of people. Sure, a woman has her hand on your dick for a bit, but mostly it's a literal cock tease.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rakthar posted:

Dude...you've posted like 20 times about how harmful this kid's nickname is because it comes from a demon and I'm literally telling you that I missed the origin in the original story and just saw the kid was nicknamed Beezy and you were going on and on about the devil and it took me like 6 posts to make the connection because someone finally typed out that Beezy was Beezlebub. My point is that most people will either call her by her actual name or never make the connection of Beezy to Beezlebub and that your insistance that the whole thing is hosed up makes you look like a weirdo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Rakthar posted:

People are only going to take your continued defense of your e-honor as further evidence that you are buttmad so you sorta just have to take the L and move on. Only winning move in e slap fights is not to play.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

quote:

My [24F] Fiance [24M] wants my cats gone, but the situation is tricky...Relationships
submitted 2 hours ago by TheCopperToe
My fiance and I have been together since November 2013 when we were seniors in college, and have been engaged since February of 2016. We have been living together since January 2015. I got my cats when I moved for my first job in June 2014 (after I started dating my fiance). He mentioned hating cats when I got them and said he would never want cats in his life, but I got them anyway because I really wanted cats. Since I had only been dating him for 7 months at that point, I honestly didn't take him very seriously when he said those things.
The problems started when he moved in with me. He hated that the cats jumped on the kitchen counters (understandable) and that they constantly meowed outside of our bedroom, made the house full of fur, along with a laundry list of other grievances. Out of all of his grievances, I was able to address most of them, but still have not been able to keep them off the counters (it's just impossible, I've tried EVERYTHING). We've had many conversations about his problems with them, and they cause him a lot of stress because of how much he hates them. He has tried VERY had to "get over it" and to like them, and has put a lot of effort into getting less mad over the things that they do, but to no avail.
He says that the situation has never been fair because I got the cats without him agreeing to it and completely disregarded how he felt about having cats, even though we weren't living together at that point. I completely understand how he feels about them and I understand how much stress they cause him. There is nothing that will make him be less stressed about having cats, we have explored every option there is.
He put it this way for me (as a background, I hate yappy dogs, like so much. They make my skin crawl): "Imagine I had a yappy dog that I got without your permission and it got dirt all over the house all of the time and you hated it so much. And every time you went to sit on the couch to relax it would drag a bunch of dirt all over the kitchen and then bark at you nonstop for food. And there was nowhere you could go in the house to get away from it because you could hear it from everywhere"
And I definitely get where he's coming from, but I do love my cats. I grew up with cats and always wanted cats.
Aside from this issue we have a really good relationship. He is very supportive and encouraging of me and we have fun together. This issue has very negatively affected our relationship though and I just don't know what to do.
tl;dr: Fiance hates my cats so much that they are making him sick with stress, and he wants them gone, because I got them without his permission.
95 commentsshare

She stupid but he is literally EVIL

:murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder: :murder:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
why is he evil because he doesnt want an animal he doesnt like, which can often be found on his kitchen counter, and which he has expressed his dislike of since the beginning of the relationship

chernobyl kinsman fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 26, 2017

The_end
May 17, 2014
If a woman said it is me or your dog. I would tell her to pack her bags.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
yeah i mean the issue is probably unresolvable but the dude's not a bad guy for not liking cats

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Rathkar Rakthar makin' Mirthless look like a top shelf poster by comparison

E: sorry, I got your name wrong. For someone who likes to complain about names, you've sure got a dumb one

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 26, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Normally I'm on the pet owners side because they had the pets already but she literally got them while they were dating actively against his wishes.They should just break up but of the two of them i'd say her behavior was less acceptable.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chernobyl kinsman posted:

yeah i mean the issue is probably unresolvable but the dude's not a bad guy for not liking cats

if you hate cats so much you can't bear the sight of them you should probably date some of the many people who do not have cats, rather than get engaged to them on the unspoken assumption that they will bin their cat for you on demand

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
^
She didn't have the cats when they started dating.

why is he evil because he doesnt want an animal he doesnt like, one which can often be found on his kitchen counter, and which he has expressed his dislike of since the beginning of the relationship

Yeah, I don't see what he's done wrong. A cat that walks in a shitbox and gets poo poo and piss all over its paws and then goes on the counter is disgusting.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

why is he evil because he doesnt want an animal he doesnt like, which can often be found on his kitchen counter, and which he has expressed his dislike of since the beginning of the relationship

Because he moved in with her, where the cats lived first and wants them gone.

He can gently caress right off with that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

She got them before he moved in, what the gently caress did he expect life was going to be like?

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm3TjRxntQk

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

yeah and it seems like it's a great relationship in all other respects and even the OP says he's made every good faith effort to get over hating the cats. he can't, he hates them, so either they've gotta go or he does

'evil' and fifteen murder emojis is uh a bit extreme for that

also his main issue is that the woman cant train her cats (plural) out of dragging their piss and poo poo onto the food prep surfaces, which is disgusting

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

she got the cats after they were dating for 7 months basically right before he moved in, probably almost entirely so she could say "well they're already here". She also knew full well he didn't want cats at that point. Like unless she just assumed they would perpetually stay in the dating but not serious phase of their relationship the situation is mostly her fault.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did she get cats assuming they would never live together?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I just really like cats

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Axolotl posted:

See, I've never understood this. Surreptitious handjobs are even worse because they can only lead to two undesirable outcomes: you've either gotta stop before completion or you get loving jizz everywhere in a room/bus/theatre full of people. Sure, a woman has her hand on your dick for a bit, but mostly it's a literal cock tease.

Wear a condom at all times just in case of a surprise handjob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

I just really like cats

your house probably smells great