Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Why is there wind on this rock?

Looks like they've copied the idea of adding fumaroles from Elite: Dangerous. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/wtfosaurus/status/857864866459131905

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Derek deduces that it's over soon, based on assumptions of reason and justice. I am afraid those assumptions are wrong and this festering boil can ooze pus for at least another three years.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 28, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138585322?t=50m0s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138585322?t=87m08s
:gary:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138585322?t=2h29m40s

:gary:

AP fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 28, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138585322?t=2h47m18s

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wise Learned Man posted:

I still cannot get over the leap between "thing CRoberts insists will happen someday" and "thing that actually exists today" that shitizens routinely make.

Also LOL at content creation being the easy part of making a game.

Yeah, it's amazing. That broken-brain nonsense reaches fever pitch here

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=5447085#post5447085

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Meanwhile, over on FDev...

Some gifs of the ATV(From reddit obviously):

ATV - Preview of 3.0 moons
https://gfycat.com/PoliticalMiniatureDrafthorse

"From Plant to Planet" (But that's Yela so is a moon)
https://gfycat.com/DimpledCelebratedAsiansmallclawedotter

Everything looks great in the CryEngine editor; and we've seen stuff like this (who remembers Nyx?) before. Once they get it running in the client; and it's not #justanotherlevel, I'd be impressed.

Also, it's easy to see why they chose to do moons first, instead of planets. Based on the amount of work, not to mention performance issues, moons don't require that much. So basically, six years later, they are where ED and all my games were - years ago.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Days since CIG last hosed up = 6

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Have they ever explained why the FPS part have 4 crosshairs?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Hiya, Wren!

:wave:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Have they ever explained why the FPS part have 4 crosshairs?

One is where you are aiming, the other is where your gun is pointing at this moment.
If you turn your gun lags behind you or something.

Whatever sense that makes?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

This Fyre Festival disaster going down right now seems like a fast forward version of Star Citizen.

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2...-rule-involved/

quote:

What was set to be the opening weekend of trust-fund millennial debauchery in the Bahamas has turned into nothing short of Lord of the Flies. The Fyre Festival – organized by Ja Rule and some guy who’s scammed millennials in the past was hyped by models and advertised as a boutique luxury music festival held in Exumas, Bahamas. All inclusive tickets ranging from $4,000 – $12,000 were supposed to include a chartered private flight from Miami, private luxury tents, yacht rides, and performances from Blink-182 and about two dozen other artists.

https://twitter.com/FyreFraud/status/857779518987132929

https://twitter.com/trev4president/status/857776562615308288

https://twitter.com/ErinLea7/status/857845889448243200

#FyreFestival

It seems the US embassy is involved in rescue operations now, ie getting people flights back to the US. At least Star Citizen won't leave people stranded in foreign countries, unless a Citizencon goes really badly.

There's clearly exaggeration going on with some of the more concerning reports, but it's still fun to watch people blow tons of money only to get completely stiffed when reality rolls around.

XK fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 28, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3qgBgXmE3U&t=25s

:gary: :yarg:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

#FyreFestival

https://twitter.com/hammerstallion/status/857902609235009537

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

At least Star Citizen won't leave people stranded in foreign countries

Put that up on the promise board!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo this fyre festival thing

lol

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Hav posted:

Put that up on the promise board!
The referral contest actually only pays for the ticket out to GamesCom.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

thatguy posted:

It gives you the right to buy a ticket.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Colostomy Bag posted:

It gives you the right to buy a ticket.

It gives you the right to expect to be able to buy a ticket.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Does anyone know how to make weapons?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

I was thinking in terms of the fresh-faced developer facing cessation of H1-B when things fold.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

thatguy posted:

I'm not sure where the legalese is, but the prize description only technically says "airfare". It doesn't specify round trip. It's also my general experience that prizes of trips include arrangements for two. This reward is specifically stated as being for one person. Taking a trip by yourself often kind of sucks. I wouldn't really want to take a trip by myself anywhere unless it was a business trip. I also wonder where they intend to book the hotel stay. Almost certainly coach class and the cheapest place that isn't a backpacking hostel.

It doesn't really matter in the end, as nobody is going to hit the goal. The lead person is still 1429 referrals away from the 2942 goal. That's lifetime referrals ever since the referral program started, what, 2-3 years ago? There's only a little over 3 months to go. I've never even heard of any of the people on the top 5. It's stunningly impressive they've gotten as many referrals as they have.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I really, really, hope that at least SQ42 comes out in some form. It will be such a miserable, embarrassing, wreck. I can't imagine it will come out; it's just too good to hope for.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Chin posted:

If the first and third person animations were integrated and that commando was seeing out of his in-game commando's eyes his saluting hand wouldn't be in the middle of his vision. The other commando's hand is clearly at the tip of his visor.

This is an outrage.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

XK posted:

I really, really, hope that at least SQ42 comes out in some form. It will be such a miserable, embarrassing, wreck. I can't imagine it will come out; it's just too good to hope for.

The game starts with "A CHRIS ROBERTS GAME" and fades into the dumb speech opening except because of Gary Oldman's refusal to do more mocap work the entire time he's wearing a helmet so you can't see his face, standing in a T-pose as an aide emotes for him due to injuries sustained at the hands of the creatures they could not mo-cap, the Vanduul. Then as the speech goes on it pans back to show it's you watching it, from across the room, still lying in your bed. With a series of grunts and farts you clamber out of bed as "FROM THE MAKER OF WING COMMANDER THE MOVIE" fades into view, then out against quickly then in again as your climbing out animation accidentally loops a few times. As you leave your room and walk down the hallway, a man carrying a box phases through a wall in front of you, then comes back with another box with "SQUADRON" written on the side, but as he turns it reveals "42" on another side of the box. Finishing walking down the hall, you step into the cafeteria, where NPCs are already dead all over the place, having all attempted to sit in the one space and killed each other with physics. Alone in this room with you is a black dude with a mop, the head of which has been shoved through the floor. He looks up at you and his bucket begins projecting violently around the room.

At this point it crashes to a dos prompt with "TO BE CONTINUED" printed as an exit error message.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

The game starts with "A CHRIS ROBERTS GAME" and fades into the dumb speech opening except because of Gary Oldman's refusal to do more mocap work the entire time he's wearing a helmet so you can't see his face, standing in a T-pose as an aide emotes for him due to injuries sustained at the hands of the creatures they could not mo-cap, the Vanduul. Then as the speech goes on it pans back to show it's you watching it, from across the room, still lying in your bed. With a series of grunts and farts you clamber out of bed as "FROM THE MAKER OF WING COMMANDER THE MOVIE" fades into view, then out against quickly then in again as your climbing out animation accidentally loops a few times. As you leave your room and walk down the hallway, a man carrying a box phases through a wall in front of you, then comes back with another box with "SQUADRON" written on the side, but as he turns it reveals "42" on another side of the box. Finishing walking down the hall, you step into the cafeteria, where NPCs are already dead all over the place, having all attempted to sit in the one space and killed each other with physics. Alone in this room with you is a black dude with a mop, the head of which has been shoved through the floor. He looks up at you and his bucket begins projecting violently around the room.

At this point it crashes to a dos prompt with "TO BE CONTINUED" printed as an exit error message.

You must have some twisted nightmares.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Thread title should be "Who doxxes the doxxmen" imo

Doxx not for whom the doxx tolls, it doxxes for thee.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Isn't that kind of like the garbage taking itself out?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mu77ley posted:

Some salty SC fanboy got me an infraction on the Frontier forums for posting this over a week ago:

*gnnnn*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Mu77ley posted:

I mean, really?!

I got one too, for taking the piss outa a shill who was proud they had RSI credits (barbiedoll currency) that they'd saved by being a subscriber, I pointed out that they had spent real money for fake money and I made merriment from it.

Not salty though, infractions are like Purple Hearts on Fdev and there's no point in worrying about it when at the end of all this we might have a few infractions for getting a bit off-topic, but shills won't have a game to play. :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 28, 2017

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Thnx for confirming your Ben Lesnick the only person who's already played SQ42 as confirmed on some YT vid awhile back. :gary:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Thread title should be "Who doxxes the doxxmen" imo

I suggested that too, but it's Friday and I'm too lazy to change it, so we'll just have to pretend I did.

e: sleepy :kayak: double animal snype

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/truongasm/status/857866417458208768

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

You must have some twisted nightmares.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This Fyre Festival poo poo is unreal. CitCon is gonna have a lot to live up to this year.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 28, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This is now a Fyre Festival thread until CIG fucks up again. Please update the title accordingly.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hahaha oh my god this Fyre Festival stuff, thanks whoever posted it, I'm never deep enough in the poo poo parts of the internet so this was news to me.

This is amazing.

"ebola tents" :laffo:

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 28, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

This Fyre Festival poo poo is unreal. CitCon is gonna have a lot to live up to this year.

This is pretty much the million mile high club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

orcane posted:

Hahaha oh my god this Fyre Festival stuff, thank you for whoever posted it, I'm never deep enough in the poo poo parts of the internet to know about it.

This is amazing.

"ebola tents" :laffo:

You're welcome.

They're apparently actual repurposed hurricane Matthew tents provided by a relief agency.