Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Why on earth does the scene with Sojiro that requires max kindness award you with more kindness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Deified Data posted:

Why on earth does the scene with Sojiro that requires max kindness award you with more kindness?

Same reason Hifumi rewards you with knowledge after her max knowledge lock.

They probably just copy-pasted the rewards, or reworked the requirements late in development and no one cared enough to change it :shrug:

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
What do you get from hanging out with a Confidant that's already maxed? Is it just a way to see any special location scenes you might have missed?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Eggnogium posted:

What do you get from hanging out with a Confidant that's already maxed? Is it just a way to see any special location scenes you might have missed?

Yeah, and to get any of the locational knickknacks and the like you missed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Another wish for Persona 5: The Rerelease: stop showing the social stat screen/"Joker's social stat went up!" stuff when you get points for a stat that's maxed out. No idea why it still shows up. Or why it needed like three steps in the first place (do we really need a pop-up saying "Joker's <stat> went up" right after seeing "Point Up!", for example?).

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oof. Hard mode is kicking my rear end on the regular--I completely forgot you got an instant game-over if your main character dies. Still, I made it to the end of the first Palace and I'm about to fight the boss. I've been maintaining 3 save slots just so I don't have to start all over if I get completely screwed, but I think I've got this. Level 10, got the strongest equipment at the shop, decent selection of Persona, Baton Pass on everyone but the cat.

Now I did say I wanted to consult the thread as little as possible, but in the interest of not wasting all the hours on futile romance it is very important I know whether I can make back-alley surgeon my waifu

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Rangpur posted:

Oof. Hard mode is kicking my rear end on the regular--I completely forgot you got an instant game-over if your main character dies. Still, I made it to the end of the first Palace and I'm about to fight the boss. I've been maintaining 3 save slots just so I don't have to start all over if I get completely screwed, but I think I've got this. Level 10, got the strongest equipment at the shop, decent selection of Persona, Baton Pass on everyone but the cat.

Now I did say I wanted to consult the thread as little as possible, but in the interest of not wasting all the hours on futile romance it is very important I know whether I can make back-alley surgeon my waifu

Yes.

All female links with the exception of the velvet room twins and the automatic one are potential romances.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rangpur posted:

The first palace is honestly the hardest one, if you ask me. That palace on Normal was tougher than the fourth palace on Hard for me.

Rangpur posted:

You can.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
With the first five palaces, in terms of difficulty, this is where I landed on things when playing through on Normal doing palace clears in one day: 3>1>5>2>4

In terms of fun, I'd rank them 4>5>1>3>2

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/858060003881517056

ughhhh

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think they should let you take the social stats to rank 6 in crimson, it takes a massive amount of points and gets you some cute optional scenes or something. That way it isn't as annoying to keep getting stats and the ng+ calendar isn't quite as dead

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08Ir0Mf_qg DDS was good and had good tunes and I still want a new one or HD re-releases.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Artless Meat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o08Ir0Mf_qg DDS was good and had good tunes and I still want a new one or HD re-releases.

A new DDS would be kind of odd, given that DDS2 had a rather solid conclusion.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
I'm amused that after 11/20 Joker puts a massive Phantom Thieves poster in his room. He's lost all fucks to give.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Artless Meat posted:

DDS was good and had good tunes and I still want a new one or HD re-releases.

The DDS2 normal battle theme is insanely hype and really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szujsd-nLSw

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I haven't gotten as far into DDS as I'd like because my copies are bugged as hell, but I'm ashamedly really into the licensed intro song to DDS1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5U93eyig8w

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yo can I just say the DLC for this game is stupid as all hell.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Instant Grat posted:

Yo can I just say the DLC for this game is stupid as all hell.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

$7 per costume pack. They're all varying degrees of cool, but lol if you think I'm paying more than like... a dollar for something like that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dunno the source.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Moltrey posted:

I haven't gotten as far into DDS as I'd like because my copies are bugged as hell, but I'm ashamedly really into the licensed intro song to DDS1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5U93eyig8w

poo poo this is rad as hell and is motivating me to get back to DDS again, I've started it several times to end up distracted by life or other things and it's a shame because it deserves my love and attention.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Zore posted:

Yes.

All female links with the exception of the velvet room twins and the automatic one are potential romances.

"You couldn't have become this attractive without help. You have a girlfriend don't you? T-tell me who she is. :blush:"

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Can you have several romances in this game? Romancinv the milf maid/teacher doesn't get in the way of anything else? :D Don't spoil anything.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Someone please please help. I can't load my save game anymore. It keeps giving me this bullshit about how I don't have the rights for the DLC, which is impossible since I've restored my license like 5 times. I've restared the ps4, I've delted the game data, I've done everything. I can't lose my saves, I was deep into NG+. help

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

PirateBob posted:

Can you have several romances in this game? Romancinv the milf maid/teacher doesn't get in the way of anything else? :D Don't spoil anything.

Yes. You only get to pick one to get an item on Christmas that raises your affection with them quicker in NG+

You also get an exclusive scene if you two time people.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Someone please please help. I can't load my save game anymore. It keeps giving me this bullshit about how I don't have the rights for the DLC, which is impossible since I've restored my license like 5 times. I've restared the ps4, I've delted the game data, I've done everything. I can't lose my saves, I was deep into NG+. help

This happened to me out of the blue as well. I don't know how to fix it but I just downloaded a free dlc that I didn't have yet and when I reloaded my saves were working. Beyond that I dunno.

I keep several backup saves ever since.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Zore posted:

Yes. You only get to pick one to get an item on Christmas that raises your affection with them quicker in NG+

You also get an exclusive scene if you two time people.

Do you screw up all romances if you have more than one?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

This happened to me out of the blue as well. I don't know how to fix it but I just downloaded a free dlc that I didn't have yet and when I reloaded my saves were working. Beyond that I dunno.

I keep several backup saves ever since.

well this worked so god bless u man 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

PirateBob posted:

I mean, not mechanically.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

"You couldn't have become this attractive without help. You have a girlfriend don't you? T-tell me who she is. :blush:"

"It was Makoto. She wanted me to take a bath every night for a month until I was allowed to pretend being her boyfriend."

*Judgment Confidant reverses*

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

PirateBob posted:

Nah. The correct way to play Persona is to dote up everyone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Deltasquid posted:

"It was Makoto. She wanted me to take a bath every night for a month until I was allowed to pretend being her boyfriend."

*Judgment Confidant reverses*

"Your sister was ashamed to be seen with me until I went to the maid cafe a dozen times"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

well this worked so god bless u man 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Oh cool! Glad it worked. :hf:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Dunno the source.

I haven't played Dva since the nerf but now I need this highlight intro.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Ceramics posted:

Nah. The correct way to play Persona is to dote up everyone.

:D Hell yeah. Thanks.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mordiceius posted:

Cool. It's my fav. track in the game so far.

It's a lyrical sequel to the title theme "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There". I think the choruses use the same chords, but I'm also pretty tone deaf so don't take my word on it.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Got the game recently. I want to enjoy it more because it's a fantastically well-made game but it's really starting to bug me how much this game is railroading me. It's filled up like 90% of my recent days with mandatory stuff that cuts out both my possible day activities and night activities. I'm only 1.5 bosses in though. Does it get better about this?

I don't want to sound overly negative, it's jsut a bit frustrating because one of my favorite parts of Persona 3/4 was planning out my weekly schedules and I've barely been able to do that here. The existence of the Morganamobile almost makes up for that though.

KamikazePotato fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 29, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

GimmickMan posted:

I haven't played Dva since the nerf but now I need this highlight intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr0qAo_J-OA

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

KamikazePotato posted:

Got the game recently. I want to enjoy it more because it's a fantastically well-made game but it's really starting to bug me how much this game is railroading me. It's filled up like 90% of my recent days with mandatory stuff that cuts out both my possible day activities and night activities. I'm only 1.5 bosses in though. Does it get better about this?

I don't want to sound overly negative, it's jsut a bit frustrating because one of my favorite parts of Persona 3/4 was planning out my weekly schedules and I've barely been able to do that here. The existence of the Morganamobile almost makes up for that though.

It eases off you more and more with each boss and clears up pretty much entirely by August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'll admit i'm the fucker who wanted this.