Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh hey I found out why I can't stay on top of the healing. It's because all the multi-heal items I lovingly saved and spent so much money on don't loving work in battle. Would have been nice it that had been mentioned beforehand anywhere. Despite the difficulty I'd been loving the game up 'til now but that genuinely pisses me off--is there a throwaway line somewhere about it? An overheard conversation? Anything? It sure as hell isn't in the item description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Unfortunately it's a bit of a crapshoot. Some are intended to be used while resting in between fights in the palace, while the single-target items seem to always work in combat. Especially egregious with the late-game carrots and tomatoes which you can get at the exact same place but one is usable in combat and the other isn't!! And it's dumb

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

The only multi-target SP item that works in battle is Soma as far as I know. For HP stuff, your best bet is the stuff Takemi sells.

One notable translation error for items, Takemi's Kaja Clear-R and Kunda Clear-R say they only hit one target, but they're group effects.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 29, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

SP isn't the issue. I'm talking about the burgers and such that you can only buy once every couple days. Not to mention the health drinks I ordered from TV. I thought the time restriction was how the game rationed them.

poo poo. Between this and the lack of levels I'd have to revert back to my save from halfway through the palace. If I have to do that anyway I'll just start over on Normal and crank it up to Hard after the second palace. gently caress you, game, you're just lucky I adore everything else about you. Such as your plentiful options to fast-forward and skip cutscenes! :v:

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Rangpur posted:

SP isn't the issue. I'm talking about the burgers and such that you can only buy once every couple days. Not to mention the health drinks I ordered from TV. I thought the time restriction was how the game rationed them.

poo poo. Between this and the lack of levels I'd have to revert back to my save from halfway through the palace. If I have to do that anyway I'll just start over on Normal and crank it up to Hard after the second palace. gently caress you, game, you're just lucky I adore everything else about you. Such as your plentiful options to fast-forward and skip cutscenes! :v:

If you die to the boss, it should give you the option to go back to the previous morning, I believe.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
This might be a long shot, but would anyone happen to know the earliest date after 6/15 that Ryuji lets you progress from rank 5 to 6? Someone else said he has to start investigating the track coach, and that he would let me know when he's ready to keep the plot moving, but they didn't know when he calls.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That's not a thing.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

That's not a thing.

How does it work, then?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

BearDrivingTruck posted:

How does it work, then?

There's nothing preventing you from getting to rank 6, just spend time with him. 7 will be a night slot though.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

There's nothing preventing you from getting to rank 6, just spend time with him. 7 will be a night slot though.

Yeah, but he hasn't been available for a hefty chunk of time now.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
To the guy having tons of trouble with the P1 boss on hard, just turn it down to Normal and kill the boss then turn it up to hard again. The first boss is probably the hardest one because you have basically nothing to start with, after you beat it you can just continue on hard and grind for a little extra time in Palace 2 to get ahead on levels. I don't think Hard has the XP Malus though so you should keep roughly the same amount of XP, weaknesses are just deadlier and damage is higher.

I had something similar happen to me on the P2 boss where all my guys were like 1 level below learning an extremely valuable skill and after failing 20+ time I just turned difficulty down and beat it then went back. Haven't had to do that again since and I'm ahead of the level curve now just cause I spent a bit of extra time in the next palace farming for XP.

Party members aren't available at all like the last week thru sending the calling card I believe also, that could be why Ryuji isn't showing up. Try clearing the palace if you haven't already (not sure exactly where you are at apologies if you are not in a palace segment yet)

I spent a bunch of time clearing all the mementos last night and made an alternate save where I did the reaper trick and got my team to level 99. Now I can't decide if I want to continue with my normal one or the one I leveled up just to see some of the cool higher level Personas. I feel like it will lose some of the tension if I just waltz through the rest of the game 20+ levels overleveled so I'm thinking I'll just finish it with my normal save then come back to this one and have fun.

Scorps fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 29, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Uh for me Ryuji gave me that quest and didn't follow up for quite a while, and any attempt to interact with him just led to him rehashing that he'd let me know when he tracks down where the guy drinks. I don't know what triggers him completing the "investigation".

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

have some recently registered trademarks

Obviously it's "Persona 5 Attorney General".

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Wait wtf? I can only switch to Japanese voices in a fresh new game?!

That sucks. :(

I was planning on doing NG+ with Japanese voices.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

DalaranJ posted:

I think they're just covering their bases so they can avoid a repeat of what happened with persona5.com. Some fan bought that before Persona 5 was ever announced and now it redirects to a YouTube video said fan made about King of Fighters or something

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Wait wtf? I can only switch to Japanese voices in a fresh new game?!

That sucks. :(

I was planning on doing NG+ with Japanese voices.

Hit the triangle button on the Load Game menu while you're hovering over your save. It says "Language" on the bottom left.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

I think they're just covering their bases so they can avoid a repeat of what happened with persona5.com. Some fan bought that before Persona 5 was ever announced and now it redirects to a YouTube video said fan made about King of Fighters or something

Hit the triangle button on the Load Game menu while you're hovering over your save. It says "Language" on the bottom left.

Well that's needlessly confusing. Thank you.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Yeah, but he hasn't been available for a hefty chunk of time now.

What's he say when you talk to him?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What is the Reaper trick and how can you take advantage of it? I just finished Palace 6.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Deified Data posted:

What is the Reaper trick and how can you take advantage of it? I just finished Palace 6.

There are a couple days in November and December where it says "Flu season" by the date up in the top left of the screen - on these days, all enemies in Mementos (including The Reaper) have a chance to spawn into battle with the Despair ailment, which makes you stand around stunned and haemmorhaging SP for 2 turns, and then just drop dead. The Reaper drops irresponsible amounts of EXP. That's it, that's the trick.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Deified Data posted:

don't fear the reaper

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

What's he say when you talk to him?

I haven't been able to find him, that's part of the problem.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you finished palace 6 then your remaining flu days are 12/8 and 9, I believe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you have your MC immune to instant death and Star confidant at rank 10, there is next to zero risk in doing the reaper trick too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

DalaranJ posted:

It like, HAS, to be Persona 5 Akechi Goro

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I haven't been able to find him, that's part of the problem.

So when you look at your map list of where everyone is he just hasn't been anywhere? That's hosed up.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
he messages you and that's the only way to trigger that rank up. not on the map at night

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

he messages you and that's the only way to trigger that rank up. not on the map at night

That's 6 to 7.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

What is even happening here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It took me like a full minute to figure out what was going on too. The joke is that like Makoto's headband, Ann's pigtails are revealed to be clip-ons

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

That's 6 to 7.

well thats real weird

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

Down Shot shouldn't miss at all. The only thing I can think of is that maybe if your gun is powerful enough it would've killed the enemy in a single shot, it doesn't work? Maybe some weird programming oversight or something?

As far as I can tell, Regent is just immune to down shot for no good reason.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Deified Data posted:

Uh for me Ryuji gave me that quest and didn't follow up for quite a while, and any attempt to interact with him just led to him rehashing that he'd let me know when he tracks down where the guy drinks. I don't know what triggers him completing the "investigation".

A fixed date. Don't worry about it. He'll let you know when it's time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"Hm, Ryuji finally god Charge + God Hand and I'm at the final boss. Let's see how much damage this does."

:stare:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

"Hm, Ryuji finally god Charge + God Hand and I'm at the final boss. Let's see how much damage this does."

:stare:

"Stop it, assholes!" is a proper response to that

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Baton-Passing to Ryuji and watching him do 1k damage in mid-game is pretty strong.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I never did a full 4-person Baton Pass chain in my NG run, maybe I'll actually use some of those elemental items and see what that's like

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I started ng+ in Japanese and Kamoshida's voice doesn't sit him at all.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It's a shame there's not much game left by the time Ryuji and Ann get Charge and Concentrate but it's drat entertaining while it lasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ROFL Octopus posted:

It's a shame there's not much game left by the time Ryuji and Ann get Charge and Concentrate but it's drat entertaining while it lasts.

Says you! i was level 75 when I beat the final boss :v: