Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

can you imagine the type of person you would have to be to own an android phone? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

can you imagine the type of person you would have to be to own an android phone? lol

*turns monitor on* that would be a dire sight

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

buddy, i have an iphone 6s (with the headphone port) and i'm gonna keep it as long as it still works

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/314376.php 🤔🤔🤔

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

very dumb and poor or extremely autistic

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

android lol

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

cthulhoo posted:

android lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7b4spjXhw

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blind Rasputin posted:

The iPhone is super boring to use as a casual user. And my biggest worry is that this year's update will be another silly incremental change without much actual UI change. I mean, it took them something like 4 years just to implement the swipe up/down control panel things and the swipe left info panel thing. Plus, with the AT&T plan letting you switch phones every year.. why not?

My only worry is after skimming about 20 prior pages of this thread is this idea of getting "Samsunged". If that's not the biggest actual concern than drat do I love that s8's looks and feel.
my telephone isn't exciting to use. i wish i had a constant fear of it exploding or sending all my data to an unknown server since i unknowingly downloaded a malware app

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i honestly don't know what that dude means by "boring to use as a casual user"

a stable device with consistent performance that behaves in predictable ways? boring.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Exciting!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this phone is so boring, all it does is work well

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what if my phone were like a puzzle?

every new release i'd have to figure out how all my commonly used functions were accessed and were everything had been moved to.

maybe one random feature could be broken or depreciated with each release, like a game of roulette.

download the wrong app? it encrypts your phone, or uploads all your personal data and contacts to spammers in shenzhen - jackpot!

exciting!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
can you imagine a life so devoid of meaning that you rely on superficial changes to your phone operating system for excitement?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

what if my phone were like a puzzle?

every new release i'd have to figure out how all my commonly used functions were accessed and were everything had been moved to.

maybe one random feature could be broken or depreciated with each release, like a game of roulette.

download the wrong app? it encrypts your phone, or uploads all your personal data and contacts to spammers in shenzhen - jackpot!

exciting!

anroid??

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

pram posted:

anroid??

lol!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i assume people who want their phones to be "exciting" are the same people fidget cubes and spinners appeal to

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the iphone 4 was the last exciting phone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Well, I got myself the s8. It's a heck of a learning curve but christ does the iPhone feel like it's in the past. I love the customization and of course the screen and hardware just feel incredibly good. The fingerprint scanner works good. 

Pardon the questions, am I supposed to be using the Samsung store and cloud and email/web apps, or the Google ones? Do I delete the AT&T Antivirus stuff and extra apps? 

I already picked up SwiftKey which I am loving. And some cool transparent widgets. Are there any really good go-to apps or widgets or themes I should get? 

Really thank you guys for the encouragement. I haven't used a non-iphone since the windows phone and I'm loving this.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Blue Train posted:

AT&T Antivirus stuff

L M A O

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
someone threw out a nexus 5 and i janitored it and am waiting for a new sim tray to arrive

it seems faster than my nexus 4

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Well, I got myself the s8. It's a heck of a learning curve but christ does the iPhone feel like it's in the past. I love the customization and of course the screen and hardware just feel incredibly good. The fingerprint scanner works good. 

Pardon the questions, am I supposed to be using the Samsung store and cloud and email/web apps, or the Google ones? Do I delete the AT&T Antivirus stuff and extra apps? 

I already picked up SwiftKey which I am loving. And some cool transparent widgets. Are there any really good go-to apps or widgets or themes I should get? 

Really thank you guys for the encouragement. I haven't used a non-iphone since the windows phone and I'm loving this.

source youre quotes

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mishaq posted:

source youre quotes

sure...
http://goatse.cx

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mishaq posted:

source youre quotes

it's the guy wants his phone to be exciting

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

such andoid

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Blue Train posted:

And some cool transparent widgets.

WTF are transparent widgets?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

trilljester posted:

WTF are transparent widgets?

ways to put more clocks on the screen or tell you what it might be like outside

with transparency!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fartzone_42069 posted:

Has the quality of their products definitely gone down lately? Iirc they were the go-to for top quality TVs a few years ago. And my Galaxy S3 was probably the best, most intuitive, and functional phone I've ever had. Next to my old Blackberry Curve. That thing was a beast.

And I gotta give Samsung respect for making an IED phone. Pretty good prank if I ever saw one.

At least I don't have an HTC...Ooof. But this S7 ain't too bad. Probably just a disappointing as any new device is these days. Samsung definitely seems like a "The mighty has fallen" situation, though.
i'm getting poe'd here

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

exciting!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i'm getting poe'd here

i wrote way too much in reply but yeah i was 50/50 on it being a troll

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Blue Train posted:

AT&T Antivirus

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol using a samsung on sprint

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

that's a spec sheet shopper if I've ever heard one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

google: android was a mistake

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol at "free" phone plans and the idea of financing a phone

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
God, it looks terrible, which means it'll be full steam ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rRK4S9uk0

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It looks good actually other than the iOS knockoff pull-up menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

It looks good actually other than the iOS knockoff pull-up menu

actually it looks like poo poo