Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

UnfurledSails posted:

I did rack pulls for the first time and now my hands are useless lumps of meat. Weight was not really heavy but my grip strength sucks :(

Wait until you hit your weight limit because blood vessels in your hands are popping, long before your muscles tire, and now your hands hurt all week because you're not 18 anymore

weightlifting is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Where can I get board shorts that fit my waist but also fit my rear end? Anything that's the right waist size is saran wrap on my crotch and thighs.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Wait until you hit your weight limit because blood vessels in your hands are popping, long before your muscles tire, and now your hands hurt all week because you're not 18 anymore

weightlifting is awesome

You should see a doctor

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm gonna go shoot bows with my flock of nerds now, maybe flirt a bit with the homely girl who runs the clubhouse there and then after that i'm going to the gym for deadliftin and back day

It is going to be a good day

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

FogHelmut posted:

Where can I get board shorts that fit my waist but also fit my rear end? Anything that's the right waist size is saran wrap on my crotch and thighs.

Get MMA shorts they pretty much look the same and a decent pair will be designed to stretch plus you have the added advantage of being able to kick suckers in the head.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
A couple weeks back I finally stopped ignoring the lie I've been living and weighed my bench bar. 39.1lbs. Deep down I always knew but didn't want to admit it to myself. I guess I've reached the next stage of acceptance and can start telling the world about this sad chapter in my life in hopes of being able to move on.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
My first set of weights came from a local barbell shop and when I came home I found the bar weighed only 35 lbs with the clips on, making a supposed 300 lbs set actually 290 lbs. When I went back and told the manager about it he wouldn't swap out the bar and instead gave me an extra pair of 5 lbs plates to make up the difference and I settled. :(

Still have that rusty bar, actually

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dum Cumpster posted:

A couple weeks back I finally stopped ignoring the lie I've been living and weighed my bench bar. 39.1lbs. Deep down I always knew but didn't want to admit it to myself. I guess I've reached the next stage of acceptance and can start telling the world about this sad chapter in my life in hopes of being able to move on.

I had this problem at my gym. All of the barbells weigh exactly 20kg, but there's one that weighs about 18kg, and the only way to tell is that the cross-hatch style markings on the bar itself don't go all the way to the ends on each side. Had a great set of overhead press with that one once, thought I'd hit a new PR but nope.

Also, I'm thinking of getting the cut spreadsheet Dum Cumpster. Does it have the option of switching from imperial to metric? I saw the sample image where it had everything in oz apart from 'a small handful of greens' (which for a cutting programme doesn't seem that accurate), but you seem to be having good results with it.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

I had this problem at my gym. All of the barbells weigh exactly 20kg, but there's one that weighs about 18kg, and the only way to tell is that the cross-hatch style markings on the bar itself don't go all the way to the ends on each side. Had a great set of overhead press with that one once, thought I'd hit a new PR but nope.

Also, I'm thinking of getting the cut spreadsheet Dum Cumpster. Does it have the option of switching from imperial to metric? I saw the sample image where it had everything in oz apart from 'a small handful of greens' (which for a cutting programme doesn't seem that accurate), but you seem to be having good results with it.

How big are your hands that eating a 4-5 handfuls of greens a day would affect your weight loss?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

UnfurledSails posted:

How big are your hands that eating a 4-5 handfuls of greens a day would affect your weight loss?

Tiny. It wasn't so much about worrying about vegetables as wondering what level of accuracy the sheets had (and whether it automatically converts to metric).

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The spreadsheet has everything in grams on it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Praise the spreadsheet

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I love the spreadsheet!

Pesmerga posted:

It has the meats in ounces but also lists grams. Everything else is in grams. And it defines what a handful should be.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gaz2k21 posted:

Get MMA shorts they pretty much look the same and a decent pair will be designed to stretch plus you have the added advantage of being able to kick suckers in the head.

There are people around here who actually do MMA. The whole point of lifting weights is to be able to look like you can fight without actually knowing how to fight. I'm screwed.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Yeah I got a few MMA dudes in my gym as well

You can tell because they'll randomly shadow box and knee the air and poo poo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm a few days into my cut so stepped on a scale and I'm now heavier than I've ever been before.

Now I'm eating doughnuts.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I refuse to buy the spreadsheets ever since the pound did its best impression of jumping off a cliff. I'm just glad that MP is in the UK at least so I don't have to sully myself with conversion to filthy yankee dollars

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Spend 100 dollars on spreadsheets OR

100 dollars on steroids :stare:

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Fartbox posted:

Spend 100 dollars on spreadsheets OR

100 dollars on steroids :stare:

Spend 200 dollars on steroids

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Spreadsheet is also grocery list.

Buy what is on list, eat appropriate portions, succeed.

Spend the rest of your disposable cash on cow hormones.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Fartbox posted:

Yeah I got a few MMA dudes in my gym as well

You can tell because they'll randomly shadow box and knee the air and poo poo

I see this a lot at my gym as it's one of the cheaper ones in town, there's one dude with a top knot that does full-on breakfalls and shoots between sets of pull ups.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Eat At Blimpees! posted:

Spend 200 dollars on steroids

I like the way you think, boy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres this old dude who just walks on the treadmill for what it seems like hours at a time and just repeatedly does the *break grip, elbow strike* or whatever move over and over and over

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chinatown posted:

theres this old dude who just walks on the treadmill for what it seems like hours at a time and just repeatedly does the *break grip, elbow strike* or whatever move over and over and over

Holy poo poo

Don't ever grab that dudes wrist!!!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I don't get the people who go to the gym for 90 minutes every day and treadmill + do 1/100 reps on every machine. If they did actual reps they'd make actual progress. They're already putting in the time. It's sad man. :(

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Khorne posted:

I don't get the people who go to the gym for 90 minutes every day and treadmill + do 1/100 reps on every machine. If they did actual reps they'd make actual progress. They're already putting in the time. It's sad man. :(

I love taking people through beginner strength programs. Their reaction when they are done after 30 minutes and don't feel anything, followed by "HELP MY ENTIRE BODY IS REBELLING AGAINST ME" the next day is priceless

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I remember the morning after the first time I went to the gym with my buddy who has been lifting for a couple years I couldn't move my arms for an hour or so lol.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

too much masturbation, i get it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Fartbox posted:

too much masturbation, i get it

Too little actually. If there had been enough would not be sore.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I slowed down dramatically with the weight I'm moving on my chest/triceps day and the pumps have been unreal. Balance a coke can on my tits level pumps. I encourage all salami consumers to slow down on your lifts and embrace the skin tearing pumps.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Crush an apple with your pumped man titties.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I do not like leg day. No siree.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

bamhand posted:

I do not like leg day. No siree.

No one do.

No one do.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I love leg day. I hate two days after leg day.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

No one do.

No one do.
I do. Every gym day is leg day in some form.

If you're getting sore you're not doing it frequently enough.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 3, 2017

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I love leg day. I hate two days after leg day.

This is more accurate . I love squats in all their forms and how thick and oaklike my quads are getting. I do not like going to work the next few days. I don't like work in general tho if I could just lift weights and drink beer my life would own.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
gently caress running.

gently caress running in its little rat butthole.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Khorne posted:

I do. Every gym day is leg day in some form.

If you're getting sore you're not doing it frequently enough.

Preach it brother

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Paper Diamonds posted:

Preach it brother
I'll be honest and say I enjoy deadlifts and do lots of volume. I don't enjoy squats as much, probably because despite trying real drat hard I still suck, but I do both with the same frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
It's 8 pm on a Tuesday and I have 9 power racks to myself :getin: