Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

corn on the cop posted:

Fortune is 100k to start so you'll probably want a decent chunk above that.

Right, but if Fortune is also pay to play I'm probably going to be spending 30k a week, and it might be 4 weeks before the next Palace opens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

impure flutter fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 1, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

DalaranJ posted:

Right, but if Fortune is also pay to play I'm probably going to be spending 30k a week, and it might be 4 weeks before the next Palace opens?

Fortune is just the one-time fee :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You have to pay for stat boost reading, though. But after palace 3 you should probably be doing a Mementos run with a bunch of requests and that will be a lot of money, even if you don't do the Confuse trick

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Are the Phantom Thieves Just

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That's true. The handful of bosses you can confuse for mega-dosh will be your primary source of income:

http://i.imgur.com/NKtDEz2.png

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

corn on the cop posted:

Ann's "the others" is Rise's "hug"

Poor Rise. Ann's is bad, but I think Haru's seem especially painful this time around. Telling Fuataba she is my 'teammate' and not my weird little sister feels very wrong though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel like for Persona 5 Atlus saw all the dumb complaints of people who accidentally got into romances when the options were 'I love you' 'I like you' or 'I don't like you' so this time around they got rid of the middle ground and most of the decisions are choices between 'Let's date' and 'I don't care about you at all'.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I feel like for Persona 5 Atlus saw all the dumb complaints of people who accidentally got into romances when the options were 'I love you' 'I like you' or 'I don't like you' so this time around they got rid of the middle ground and most of the decisions are choices between 'Let's date' and 'I don't care about you at all'.

i still somehow managed to accidentally date the wrong person because i wasn't paying much attention lol

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I told Ohya I thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend... only to follow it up with "just kidding" :twisted:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

I told Ohya I thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend... only to follow it up with "just kidding" :twisted:

Ice Cold.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
She takes it pretty well tbqh, in general it seems like the adults are kind of relieved when you back off a romantic interest while the girls your own age are heartbroken, which makes a lot of sense.

It's totally true that Joker could be better at letting the teenage girls down gently though, holy poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The only one who reacts pretty poorly is Haru, everyone else is is pretty chill about being teammates/friends but she's like "I need to be alone right now." Which makes sense, considering her relationship status is a big crossroads in her story

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

Sort of on this subject: I am disappointed Sae has nothing to say when you date Makoto, and presumably, are relating the details of your date to her as testimony. It just seems a little weird and she doesn't react to that at all. It'd be neat if instead of the normal "You shared a romantic evening..." message, Sae just cut you off. I mean Sojiro does have some opinions if you date Futaba.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

MrAptronym posted:

Sort of on this subject: I am disappointed Sae has nothing to say when you date Makoto, and presumably, are relating the details of your date to her as testimony. It just seems a little weird and she doesn't react to that at all. It'd be neat if instead of the normal "You shared a romantic evening..." message, Sae just cut you off. I mean Sojiro does have some opinions if you date Futaba.

I had romanced Makoto in my first playthrough and all of these scenes felt sort of natural to me; Sae never outright says anything because writing alternatives into big cutscenes like that would probably be a pain, but later on the way Sae acted towards Joker felt more natural and I didn't have much trouble filling in blanks myself. There would be no better motivation for Sae than to stay on her sister's side.

In my own headcanon though Makoto gained 20 pounds over the course of the game and Joker starts to regret dating her. There's a finals study scene in december where the party asks Joker if he's ever thought about getting married, and I answered "no", followed by a sad look from Makoto. Makoto looks a little heavier than normal in her winter wear and this all made perfect sense at the time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

10kapp posted:

In my own headcanon though Makoto gained 20 pounds over the course of the game and Joker starts to regret dating her. There's a finals study scene in december where the party asks Joker if he's ever thought about getting married, and I answered "no", followed by a sad look from Makoto. Makoto looks a little heavier than normal in her winter wear and this all made perfect sense at the time.

What the gently caress even is this?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MrAptronym posted:

I mean, you're not going to narc on anybody, let alone your girlfriend, right

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zore posted:

What the gently caress even is this?

A goon being a creepy weirdo, so nothing shocking.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 1, 2017

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I'm just saying Makoto looks a little pudgy in her winter peacoat. All those beef bowl trips after heists caught up with her.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, you're not going to narc on anybody, let alone your girlfriend, right

She does catch on really quickly that Makoto is one of you though, and you can basically tell her "I'm surprised you didn't know already". (If I am remembering right) I guess in my head I just assumed we made that one obvious to put some pressure on Sae. I think I just want the comedy option here.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I don't think Black Frost is going to be as good in this game as he was in P4, but I still summoned him for sentimental reasons.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just lmao if you aren't banging the teacher and living the Dream

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ryuji with Charge is just stupid.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

JackDarko posted:

I don't think Black Frost is going to be as good in this game as he was in P4, but I still summoned him for sentimental reasons.
He's not quite as OP as he was in P4 but once I had him there were very few times that I ever needed a different Persona out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

Ryuji with Charge is just stupid.

Yeah well so's Ryuji. It's appropriate.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

10kapp posted:

I had romanced Makoto in my first playthrough and all of these scenes felt sort of natural to me; Sae never outright says anything because writing alternatives into big cutscenes like that would probably be a pain, but later on the way Sae acted towards Joker felt more natural and I didn't have much trouble filling in blanks myself. There would be no better motivation for Sae than to stay on her sister's side.

haha yeah dude that's a good post you made here on the internet

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

10kapp posted:

tell us more about your weight gain fetish tia

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

lmao

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

After 96 hours I finally beat the game and can start doing other things with my life. All in all I thought it was pretty excelle-

10kapp posted:

What in the goddamn heck is this?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Honestly for a JRPG thread getting to 361 pages without a weirdo post seems pretty good

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I guess I met my shitposting quota

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

littleorv posted:

After 96 hours I finally beat the game and can start doing other things with my life. All in all I thought it was pretty excelle-

What in the goddamn heck is this?

At least he spoiled the twist

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I don't know what you expected.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I, for one, hope Makoto gains 20 pounds from happiness.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

20 pounds of muscle from punching shadows into oblivion sounds reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
makoto gains 20 pounds but its from smuggling airsoft guns through tokyo beneath her jacket