Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

TVDinna posted:

I highly recommend investing into the top tier jewelry right now that are saturated on the market.
A decent buying price right now for Basilisk Belts at 38mil and Croissant Guardians at 30mil.

Grab any you can find and wait a week or two until prices recover from the event. Basilisk can be flipped at 55-60mil and Croissants for 42-45mil. Mostly depending how patient you are.
With Value Pack buffs on, this is 4mil+ on each piece flipped.
Looks like its too late to get in, basilisks up to 45, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks!

I sold off some stuff yesterday to get cash and sold a bit too much so i can afford to buy a DUO Liverto (The plan was PRI)
Additionally the PRI price has dropped and the difference now is almost 50 million between the 2. Am i then better off buying PRI and enchanting it to DUO myself? Surely that can't statistically cost 50m?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Double post, please ignore

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!

I sold off some stuff yesterday to get cash and sold a bit too much so i can afford to buy a DUO Liverto (The plan was PRI)
Additionally the PRI price has dropped and the difference now is almost 50 million between the 2. Am i then better off buying PRI and enchanting it to DUO myself? Surely that can't statistically cost 50m?
No idea how accurate this remains or ever was given the state of knowledge about mechanics, but https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzAeIFslcWhZ-TudUTrvt4S6ejGF8Uo5FwVqNivfHK0/pubhtml states a 27M average PRI->DUO for Liverto. That would make buying PRI, upgrading, and reselling would be profitable so I don't quite trust that.

EDIT: 33M, I read can't

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 1, 2017

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
any time you can just buy an upgrade off the marketplace rather than doing it yourself you should do it

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

lurksion posted:

No idea how accurate this remains or ever was given the state of knowledge about mechanics, but https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzAeIFslcWhZ-TudUTrvt4S6ejGF8Uo5FwVqNivfHK0/pubhtml states a 27M average PRI->DUO for Liverto. That would make buying PRI, upgrading, and reselling would be profitable so I don't quite trust that.

It says it's 33mil difference

Enkmar posted:

any time you can just buy an upgrade off the marketplace rather than doing it yourself you should do it

While this is generally true, PRI->DUO liverto is one of the upgrades that usually worth doing yourself. The 3.9 tries that sheet lists basically lines up with my experience doing pri->duo. Obviously there's RNG and you could end up spending more, but that's your expected value

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 1, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

quote:

New Event Items [Event] Shakatu’s Seal, have been added to the game.

These seals can be obtained from events.

Make sure to hold onto these Seals as we will be giving away more as various events are launched. These are not to be viewed as temporary, so make sure to store there somewhere safe so you do not lose them.
Right click the item in your inventory to mark a navigation path to the NPC location in which you can trade the seals for items.

You can trade the seals for the following items:
30 Seals - Kzarka’s Sealed Weapon Box or Nouver’s Sealed Sub-Weapon Box
50 Seals - Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor, Muskan’s Shoes, Ship Registration: Epheria Sailboat, or PRI: Ogre Ring
70 Seals - Dandelion Weapon Box, Tungrad Necklace, Tier 8 Horse with skills Sprint and Instant Accel
100 Seals - DUO: Ogre Ring, DUO: Tungrad Earring
150 Seals - Awakening Weapon Exchange Coupon (7 Days)

Nice. I'm sitting out for 30 days to get back into the Olvia servers, any idea how easy these are to get?

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
I've been reading you can only get them from attendance rewards, which will be about 10 a month.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
That guide is way too generous on the odds and costs for everything.
Nothing wrong with buying PRI or DUO. Either is fine. Costs will be very comparable.

You will never ever enchant a piece of boss gear for the same cost at the MP.
We'll assume an armor piece in this example.
If a TRI is 450mil, then you have the following breakdown:
95mil for armor
60mil 300 armor stones for building FS and enchanting boss armor (based on Reblath or Grunil for building FS. Reblath is cheaper to repair, but Grunil has some resale value so arguably comparable)
225mil 300 Memory Fragments (Lose 5 dura per fail at 1-15, 10 PRI and beyond. Each only restores 1 dura unless you p2w)
30mil 15 Conc stones

This puts you at 410mil and this is if you're ridiculously lucky. Anyone who doubts how lucky this is can go test it out.
Fail TRI attempt = back to PRI, so you have to build up FS and DUO attempt, then build another FS for TRI attempt.

Realistically, you will get to the double digits on boss gear and you'll go way past the cap multiple times on FS for that enchant level i.e. Trying to enchant to 12 from 11 and starting at 17 FS and going all the way to 25 multiple times before hitting 12. (Those bigger stacks would be saved for DUO and TRI attempts)

Also Shakatu's Seal event.... Holy poo poo.
Best Expected Value is 100 seal DUO Ogre (800mil). Second best if you're impatient is the 50 seal for PRI Ogre (280-300mil).
This month's Attendance rewards gives 10 by the 28 day mark. It is mentioned that they will be adding in events to receive more Shakatu seals but no further details.
All of the gear that drops off bosses are worth only 95mil. Epheria Sailboat is 200mil on MP.
Sell the DUO Ogre and you can outright buy any TRI boss gear and have change left over.

T8 horse is an interesting one because of the difficulty and RNG in rolling one. Any that get posted on the horse MP get snatched instantly. I don't think it's worth getting (T6 takes a week of AFK riding at work/sleep, T7 a little more) but an excellent horse makes the QoL go up significantly. Having a huge amount of extra AP from a DUO Ogre also makes QoL go up a lot...

edit: Possible misprint on patch notes!!!!! In KR, the 100 seal is actually a TRI Ogre. That makes it even better to save up for the 100 seals.
edit 2: In game Shakatu Seal description shows TRI Ogre if you mouse over it on attendance event. TRI Ogre = 2.4 bil. No contest on which is the best value now.

It's a DUO Ogre. Still amazingly good though.

TVDinna fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 4, 2017

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

I just caught wind of the upcoming Steam release of this game and am intrigued by the oft praised character creator, but my understanding is that it's very limited from class to class (wizards can only be old men, every female class is young and beautiful). Is this true? Can I really not make a crotchety old witch?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You can make hot young dude wizards now. Not sure about the old witch, the base sets are all young but it's crazy flexible.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
The classes are gender locked but you can make some pretty hideous characters if you were so inclined.

The game is easier and easier to get into, but problem is that there's still the established player base that will melt anyone in a second or two and unless you're willing to play 12 hrs a day, every day and spend a little bit of money too, you'll never catch up.

Just play casually and you can get decent gear in a pretty reasonable amount of time.
Only Goon guild right now is ParksAndRec but we're casual and pretty low headcount.
I think there's a few others that are more hardcore that are in other guilds but don't know if any of them check this thread anymore.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

TVDinna posted:

Epheria Sailboat is 200mil on MP.

No. No it isn't. No Epheria Sailboat has ever been bought for 200mil. People are preordering them at 600m+ and still not getting them. You can put a preorder on logs for 50k each and you still won't get logs.

I totally agree that the DUO Ogre is a better deal due to the fact that it provides far more utility while the sailboat is more of a status item unless you are actually using it to trade which isn't very common.

With that said, I also suggest everyone save up some money and get ready to jump on the MP the second it is possible to have 30 seals as lots of pubbies will immediately turn in their seals for the weapon boxes and either sell their old weapons or the boxes.

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
So, I finally got up to 35 million silver. Should I start investing in gear for my main (lvl 43 wizard) or just buy and process timber with all of it? What's the thing to be processing anyway?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

nohopeindope posted:

So, I finally got up to 35 million silver. Should I start investing in gear for my main (lvl 43 wizard) or just buy and process timber with all of it? What's the thing to be processing anyway?

Why would you buy timber to process? Make your slaves gather it.

At 35mil I would be investing in a 3mil fishing boat and a fishing alt - because 35mil won't get you very far in terms of gearing.

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?

FileNotFound posted:

Why would you buy timber to process? Make your slaves gather it.

At 35mil I would be investing in a 3mil fishing boat and a fishing alt - because 35mil won't get you very far in terms of gearing.

Oh I never considered doing that! I always just afk fish from Velia with my main. I guess that's nto the best way to do it.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Afk fishing in velia is fine

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

If somebody is eyeing this game but doesn't want to buy it - I will buy it for you because I am a stupid person and want the stupid polar bear. In fact I am so stupid that I want them at tier 3 so I want several.

If you would like to take advantage of my stupidity get a hold of me on discord or PM me.

Edit - To be clear - I will PL you to 30 first while you are on your 7 day trial - then give you the code for the game as you reaching 30 is a requirement for me to get the stupid bear.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 6, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm vaguely tempted... but does this game still use Xigncode?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

I'm vaguely tempted... but does this game still use Xigncode?

Yes. Not that it does anything. But yes.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

It sometimes manages to detect autohotkey and shut everything down.

Not entirely sure why it isn't capable of finding it all the time, but :shrug:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

lurksion posted:

It sometimes manages to detect autohotkey and shut everything down.

Not entirely sure why it isn't capable of finding it all the time, but :shrug:

Oddly it doesn't detect AutoIt which is much more advanced anyway.....

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FileNotFound posted:

Ugh.

Second question. I hear a lot about AFK fishing, etc.

Do I have to actually leave the game running to do such things, or can I set an AFK activity and shut it off?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Ugh.

Do I have to actually leave the game running to do such things, or can I set an AFK activity and shut it off?
Need to let it run, though it does minimize to tray.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

Ugh.

Basically everything about the games life skills is a time sink. Vast majority of it is designed to be done AFK. Personally I use a remote desktop app (Splashtop) to queue processing, make beer, refresh workers etc during the day and so on. I have a love and hate relationship with that aspect - but there is admittedly something odd about a game that is often best played while actually playing another game on your other monitor. I like the fact that I can still earn money and progress in the game without having to sink hundreds of active hours - with that said you STILL have to sink hundreds of hours into leveling as 59-60 is ~300 hours with OK gear.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Since i am from EU and there is so little activity in ParksNRec while i am online i have been considering swapping region to EU.

I bought some daum cash/pearls on US but i do feel i got my moneys worth of fun out of them.
My biggest concern is my assets though, i have about 500m in assets on US (mostly from achievements, events and login rewards i guess).
Is it possible to trade this directly to other players? (ie could i maybe sell it to someone and/or find a person that is swapping from EU to US)

What i can't figure out though, when i bought daum cash i was never presented with a choice of what region to buy it for. If i now want to buy Daum cash for EU, how do i go about getting it to that region instead of just getting more of it in US?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 7, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Just find a different guild. Plenty of EU timezone players play on NA due to the better market.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Better market in what sense?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Ineptitude posted:

Better market in what sense?

Pearl items and relics are actually very frequently sold on the NA market place. That is not the case on EU.

NA side seems to be more willing to throw money at the pearl shop in return for silver which makes it a far better place if you are interesting in spending as little as possible on BDO (you will still pretty much have to spend money as you will need to buy pets, inventory expansions and weight upgrades as playing without those while possible really sucks)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

back in 2015 or 2016 (i can't remember) at some point, my buddy gave me a guest pass for this. I liked it enough I bought the $30 version on the last day. I played it a while and had some decent fun I guess. I liked that the character fucntioned in a way that didn't remind me of usuall MMO stuff, near-instant response times on actions and all that, but my friend played it a lot more than me and quickly outlevelled me, and I got kind of bogged down in the usual MMO poo poo, and then I picked up some other games and forgot about this.

I was getting REALLY GODDAMN IRRITATED at needing to buy with real money, auto-looting pets and that kind of crap in order to keep up with friends or randoms i would group with, and that was probably why i walked away.

At this point it's reinsalling and i'm going to take a look at the game as it is now.

What's changed? are there even more optional-but-actually-necessary quality of life things I need to buy? have balance patches destroyed the fun? is it actually even better than it used to be?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

basic hitler posted:

back in 2015 or 2016 (i can't remember) at some point, my buddy gave me a guest pass for this. I liked it enough I bought the $30 version on the last day. I played it a while and had some decent fun I guess. I liked that the character fucntioned in a way that didn't remind me of usuall MMO stuff, near-instant response times on actions and all that, but my friend played it a lot more than me and quickly outlevelled me, and I got kind of bogged down in the usual MMO poo poo, and then I picked up some other games and forgot about this.

I was getting REALLY GODDAMN IRRITATED at needing to buy with real money, auto-looting pets and that kind of crap in order to keep up with friends or randoms i would group with, and that was probably why i walked away.

At this point it's reinsalling and i'm going to take a look at the game as it is now.

What's changed? are there even more optional-but-actually-necessary quality of life things I need to buy? have balance patches destroyed the fun? is it actually even better than it used to be?

You still need to buy pets and you still need to buy inventory space and weight with real money. With that said - that is pretty much it. You could theoretically get pets on the market place but they almost never get listed so it's not really realistic.

That's really all you need to buy though, costumes and value packs are frequent enough on the market that you are able to buy one if you are willing to camp the market. The end game is essentially grinding in areas that are often heavily contested. With that said when you come back you'll be on the Olvia servers that have a 100% xp boost up to 58.99 and in general are far less populated than the rest of the servers.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Thank you for the info. Sounds fine I guess. Is there a goon server or anything? Since i can't remember how to play or anything i was thinking of rerolling anyway so if there's even a tiny goon presence i'd prefer to start new with yall (if i can be had) than hoof it alone

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

basic hitler posted:

Thank you for the info. Sounds fine I guess. Is there a goon server or anything? Since i can't remember how to play or anything i was thinking of rerolling anyway so if there's even a tiny goon presence i'd prefer to start new with yall (if i can be had) than hoof it alone

The only servers are NA/EU now, what used to be servers/server groups are all just glorified channels

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

basic hitler posted:

Honestly the game is mostly SP. Guilds are there for providing bonuses but 1-56 is mostly a solo affair. Awakening quest is the first quest where you will feel challenged.

Past 56 the benefit of a guild is protection - meaning if I'm say farming at Sausans and somebody comes and is mean to me I can cry in guild Discord and an adult will come and push their poo poo in till they leave. (Or they keep coming back, we war dec them, kill them 130 times and then they call their allies and we end up deced by 2 larged guilds and then we get killed 100 times...welcome to BDO)

I can help out on the main Goon discord and Parks and Recs has one as well and I PL people every now and then whenever I feel like I could use more combat skill points.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Hey I reinstalled like so many others, can I get an reinvited to parksnrec ?

Im on now, account is The_Sheriff character is Eversion

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Hi posted:

Hey I reinstalled like so many others, can I get an reinvited to parksnrec ?

Im on now, account is The_Sheriff character is Eversion

Go pester them in Discord: https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I picked up the trial pass to poke at this game and it's really surprisingly fun. The depth and amount of crap to do is just nuts, and poking at the different systems has been a lot of fun.

I got to about 24 after only a few days and I'm pretty sold on spending some actual money on this game, what kind of package should I pick up? I figure I'm going to want at least a pet and a value pack, so is the more expensive pack worth it or should I just pick poo poo up directly from the store?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

RPZip posted:

I picked up the trial pass to poke at this game and it's really surprisingly fun. The depth and amount of crap to do is just nuts, and poking at the different systems has been a lot of fun.

I got to about 24 after only a few days and I'm pretty sold on spending some actual money on this game, what kind of package should I pick up? I figure I'm going to want at least a pet and a value pack, so is the more expensive pack worth it or should I just pick poo poo up directly from the store?

Pet and value packs, + inventory slots are the only things worth it. The rest is pretty much trash.

Value packs can be bought for silver with a great deal of dedication.

You're better off trying to find someone who'll give you the game for the bear and then spending $100 on pearls to get everything else. Get a transaction maid and watch for value packs being listed and bid on every single one. (And I am all beared out)

In short I would suggest avoiding buying a value pack or costumes with real money. Pets and transaction maids are better investments and the transaction maid will help you grab value packs from the market without having to literally camp it.

Also don't invest money into your character unless you are 100% certain that it's what you want. Keep in mind many classes change in playstyle very significantly at 56. It's very possible that a class that you liked before awakening will not appeal to you after.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 9, 2017

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

FileNotFound posted:

Pet and value packs, + inventory slots are the only things worth it. The rest is pretty much trash.

Value packs can be bought for silver with a great deal of dedication.

You're better off trying to find someone who'll give you the game for the bear and then spending $100 on pearls to get everything else. Get a transaction maid and watch for value packs being listed and bid on every single one. (And I am all beared out)

In short I would suggest avoiding buying a value pack or costumes with real money. Pets and transaction maids are better investments and the transaction maid will help you grab value packs from the market without having to literally camp it.

Also don't invest money into your character unless you are 100% certain that it's what you want. Keep in mind many classes change in playstyle very significantly at 56. It's very possible that a class that you liked before awakening will not appeal to you after.

This all makes sense to me up until the $100 of pearls bit. The explorer's package is only $50 which makes it seem like a decent deal (pet: 900 pearls, 2 value packages: 3000 pearls, inventory +8: 800, total of $47 plus the other bits and bobs) although I guess you do get some bonus pearls if you buy them in bulk. I'm guessing the packages used to be a lot more expensive, which made them much crappier deals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

RPZip posted:

This all makes sense to me up until the $100 of pearls bit. The explorer's package is only $50 which makes it seem like a decent deal (pet: 900 pearls, 2 value packages: 3000 pearls, inventory +8: 800, total of $47 plus the other bits and bobs) although I guess you do get some bonus pearls if you buy them in bulk. I'm guessing the packages used to be a lot more expensive, which made them much crappier deals?

That's my point though - 2 value packages: 3000 pearls - is wasted pearls as you can buy them on the market. There are better things to spend 3000 pearls on than value packs.

You will need more pets than 1 and you will eventually need to buy weight upgrades and inventory slots for your main.

So yeah - you're getting your money's worth I suppose but not exactly on what you really need and you will need to spend more $$$ to get to a stage where the game is not annoying.

Edit: To be clear, the value pack is super useful and you will want one, but it's more useful at high levels than early levels and you can buy one for silver rather than money. So if you are expecting to throw $200+ at the game whatever get the pack and I'm not judging as I've already spent more than $250....including the explorer pack that I'm trying to talk you out of.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 9, 2017