Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

it's legendary for being bad, right up there alongside the original resident evil 4 port. capcom was bad at porting games at first

I figured out how to display it above 800x600 after a half hour and now just need to get my controller working and it may be salvageable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

I figured out how to display it above 800x600 after a half hour and now just need to get my controller working and it may be salvageable...

i wish you good luck! everyone was hoping they'd re-release a fixed version when they did resident evil 4 HD (which itself had launch issues) but they did a dmc4 rerelease instead.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

chumbler posted:

Please tell them to make XCX2 please thank you.

God Eater is bad, though.

I tried but I guess he misheard and made XB2 instead, which is very lacking in both mecha and Sawano, disappointing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wamdoodle posted:

So what are the 8 layers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FKTUGBxyTw&t=590s

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I have an original Xbox 360 and it's red-ringed on me. It's actually my third red-ringed 360, but the other two died when Microsoft was still doing the warranty thing years ago.

Anyway, I have a bunch of 360 games and I would like to get one of the slim 360s to replace this one. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what cable I need to transfer the data from the old 360's HDD to one of the newer 360s. I know that this is the first-party product, but it's 40 loving dollars. A search for "360 hard drive transfer cable" brings up a bunch of results in the $10-15 range, which is fine with me, but I can't tell from the descriptions which of these are compatible with the original 360s.

Does anyone have experience doing this and have a cable to recommend that's cheaper than the first-party one?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

I tried but I guess he misheard and made XB2 instead, which is very lacking in both mecha and Sawano, disappointing.

It's impossible for there not to be mecha in a Xeno- game. Even if the main characters can't pilot them, one way or another the robots will show up.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

tahts good actually

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

lets hang out posted:

tahts good actually

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

surf rock posted:

I have an original Xbox 360 and it's red-ringed on me. It's actually my third red-ringed 360, but the other two died when Microsoft was still doing the warranty thing years ago.

Anyway, I have a bunch of 360 games and I would like to get one of the slim 360s to replace this one. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what cable I need to transfer the data from the old 360's HDD to one of the newer 360s. I know that this is the first-party product, but it's 40 loving dollars. A search for "360 hard drive transfer cable" brings up a bunch of results in the $10-15 range, which is fine with me, but I can't tell from the descriptions which of these are compatible with the original 360s.

Does anyone have experience doing this and have a cable to recommend that's cheaper than the first-party one?

Any kind of thing that looks like the official one should work: https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Transf...+transfer+cable

Cheapest option is to see if you know someone who has one though. I vaguely recall when I did this I got one shipped to me from a buddy on another forum, so it was like $3 to ship and I just passed it along to the next person who needed it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Golden Week Sale on PSN is pretty solid. Lots of recent JRPG and anime games at 30% off, including Nier:A and Tales of Berseria.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is KOF XIV worth grabbing during the sale?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh it all makes sense now!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf66TPeuj_0&t=180s

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so i have been playing Bioshock collection and 1 seems to have some game breaking glitchs. so if you go to psn home while you playing bioshock 1, the game will hard freeze and be render unplayable. i thought it my just be a online only copy issue but apperently its hard copy as well. hosed up thing is infinite works just fine. anyone else have this issue?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Golden Week Sale on PSN is pretty solid. Lots of recent JRPG and anime games at 30% off, including Nier:A and Tales of Berseria.

cool, how is berseria? i have heard great things but i just got a bunch of new games so i am not sure.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cool, how is berseria? i have heard great things but i just got a bunch of new games so i am not sure.

Berseria's fun but very long. I lost steam shortly after I found out the traditional Tales of/Star Ocean battle arena wasn't present. The battle system was good for both button mashing and calculated play, but it's too long to squeeze in if you've just put another game on your plate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Berseria's fun but very long. I lost steam shortly after I found out the traditional Tales of/Star Ocean battle arena wasn't present. The battle system was good for both button mashing and calculated play, but it's too long to squeeze in if you've just put another game on your plate.

yeah, i just got neir: automata and persona 5 with prey coming on friday. so ill just wait.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

of Step EventPortalShock
for object BigCursedChest:

Variable Player.<unknown variable>(100127, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_BigCursedChest_Collision_441
############################################################################################

and this was the first time i cleared Cursed Crystal Caverns!!!!!!! Frig off!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If the Nioh PVP isn't a fighting game where you select historical Japanese figures with sets of skills and equipment before fighting in the dojo, I think they made a huge mistake.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the curse of the caverns strikes again....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apparently Big Cursed Chests don't even exist according to the wiki...the mystery deepens...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did you see what was in the chest at least

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Bones posted:

I laughed at the bit in the Code Vein trailer where they are fighting a souls-esque 12 ft fall human enemy and it turns around and has a generic anime girl face. It's a way of rendering people that gets more and more jarring for me the more detail and 3d-depth is added to everything else in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0JUcF6WdJM

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

it's legendary for being bad, right up there alongside the original resident evil 4 port. capcom was bad at porting games at first

dmc3 and re4 were actually ported by ubisoft

also if you're playing dmc3 on pc, use the style switcher mod. the game runs like poo poo without it and, uh, still sort of does with it but not as much???

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 3, 2017

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
ugh I started playing breath of the wild after nier:automata and the slow start to it just killed my interest. Nintendo just needs to drop tutorials and intro areas entirely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

did you see what was in the chest at least

no but I got to the caves in another run or two and opened the large cursed chest just fine. I guess if its opened by a portal it crashes the game. Also I almost freaking looped today! But i ran out of ammo after killed the generators

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Desperate Character posted:

ugh I started playing breath of the wild after nier:automata and the slow start to it just killed my interest. Nintendo just needs to drop tutorials and intro areas entirely.

the tutorial is pretty drat short dude

it's a bit long for replays but if you really wanna get through it fast you don't need to spend a whole lot of time on it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 3, 2017

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the tutorial is pretty drat short dude

nier: automata spoiled me and I can't get over the fact the b and a button are swapped and you have a limited stamina meter so you keep stopping every 10 feet

i just want to dash and dodge everywhere is that so wrong

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the solution to the stamina meter is to carry a giant pile of pot lids so you can shield surf everywhere until all of your pot lids break

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

Desperate Character posted:

nier: automata spoiled me and I can't get over the fact the b and a button are swapped and you have a limited stamina meter so you keep stopping every 10 feet

i just want to dash and dodge everywhere is that so wrong

You can swap sprint and jump if thats what you are complaining about. Otherwise take some ritalin, then stop and smell the drat flowers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

SC2 has its own swathe of winners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_IKw-Z2HE

An opponent from within the last month:

That reminds me of when I'd play warcraft 3 and why I stopped.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would also prefer an infinite run in botw. maybe swift boots in botw hd

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Might've messed with combat idk, but generally I think running should've drained stamina a half or even a third as fast. Even with a fully upgraded guage it doesn't feel like a lot even though it's enough to scale mountains with ease.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
we will steal your heart

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I witch the world of Wisher 3 wasn't so unrelentingly pessimistic and bleak. I mean I get it that that's their thing, a medieval fantasy setting that doesn't overlook how bad medieval times actually were for 99% of the population, but it's a bit exhausting that half my quests end with someone dying miserably or losing their home or whatever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

every quest ends with a very nice fanfare

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XX3-2_uDw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That reminds me, considering how often I have to hear it, I'm starting to really wish the combat music didn't have someone going "Yelelele lelelele ye ye ye ye" over it the entire time. It's like I'm being live Let's Played by someone from 2008.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I agree with Lurdiak about something, my god :eyepop:

Ok it's actually not that surprising really. I muted the music very early on in The Witcher 3 and never looked back, enjoyed the game a lot more that way.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

here mute the music and play this in the background all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4tYZHNUY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macarius Wrench posted:

I hated Heroes of the Storm. Hated, hated, hated, hate, hated, hated it. I like Mobas, i played both dota and LOL, I love Blizzard - played hours of Starcraft and Diablo and WoW and I love videogames but HotS is maybe one of the most garbage videogames I've ever seen from a big name studio.

Everything in that game just feels inconsequential. Every hero feels underpowered. Every action you take feels worthless.

I played Horizon and it didn't click for me but I still appreciate that's a gorgeous game. I played Nier and I really didnt enjoy it despite its unique approach to being a game. I played Last Guardian and appreciated what it was trying for even though it bored me silly.

HotS is garbage. I can maybe imagine a 3 year old toddler having fun mashing abilities and watching the colours which is funny because they'd be about as affective as a seasoned HotS pro veteran (lol).

loving garbage excuse for a videogame and it could have been so good *sigh*

Utterly garbage videogame.

This is from 7 pages ago but I wanted to quote it because lol

• Locked thread