Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Note that Rikku's ST elemental attacks also are really good for chaining as they hit 9 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
drat thats pretty baller

how long does the resist and damage reduction last?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 3, 2017

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
My Android FFBE app crashes every time I try to go to the Arena. This happens on my phone and my tablet (both Nexus devices). This has happened for several days. Anyone know of a fix? Maybe just wait for maintenance this week?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shoenin posted:

drat thats pretty baller

how long does the resist and damage reduction last?

3 Turns.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I'm still kind of amazed how Rikku's kit ended up the way it is, because she just does everything.

If you ever played FF10 it's kinda canon, she's a living gamewrecker.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Fenrir posted:

If you ever played FF10 it's kinda canon, she's a living gamewrecker.

That reminds me, I do need to eventually finish that game. I remember there being a gigantic list of Mix combinations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Mighty Guard is one of those things you get up on turn 2 in a hard fight and do your best to keep going until the fight ends. Unless you're LBing constantly which isn't impossible if you're able to setup for it, especially by popping Eccentric via her TMR.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Kind of sucks that this event is going to run for two weeks. I'd imagine most people will knock out all the Event Explorations in a night and then it's just sitting around for two weeks waiting for the next one. I'm sure it will be like the Golbez one where you can run and kill some ridiculously hard enemy for 6* crafting mats but that's hardcore whales if it's anything like the one with the Dragons.

Oh well at least there's cactuar dunes to look forward to for one weekend.

Also it occurs to me that the anniversary of Global's release is coming up so that should be some free goodies, and probably a special banner to go along with it.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Then it's time for TMR grinding! I'll finally get these Monster Breastplates done.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mischalaniouse posted:

Then it's time for TMR grinding! I'll finally get these Monster Breastplates done.

Welcome to my life. Ramza care package in progress!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mischalaniouse posted:

It's always time for TMR grinding. What are you talking about?

The next time Gumi fucks up and has some easy boss with loads of EXP dripping from it like Siren & Ifrit, I'll be ready.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Is Rikku's TM worth it? Esunaga is great but I'm not so sure about the rest.

werdnam posted:

My Android FFBE app crashes every time I try to go to the Arena. This happens on my phone and my tablet (both Nexus devices). This has happened for several days. Anyone know of a fix? Maybe just wait for maintenance this week?
Sadly it's a common bug. Only solution is waiting till Arena reset on Friday. No amount of installing and uninstallin will fix it because the bug is tied to your account.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

Rikku's TM is amazing. Full break AOE + status effect is amazing. The LB fill gauge won't be as impressive but if we get more good summoners like Yuna then it could be drat good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

Kind of sucks that this event is going to run for two weeks. I'd imagine most people will knock out all the Event Explorations in a night and then it's just sitting around for two weeks waiting for the next one. I'm sure it will be like the Golbez one where you can run and kill some ridiculously hard enemy for 6* crafting mats but that's hardcore whales if it's anything like the one with the Dragons.

Oh well at least there's cactuar dunes to look forward to for one weekend.

Also it occurs to me that the anniversary of Global's release is coming up so that should be some free goodies, and probably a special banner to go along with it.

Good.

We had multiple farm events back to back and it had to stop sooner or later. I'm looking forward to having the next 2 weeks go towards finishing my Shine TM, and either finishing or nearly finishing double hand, ribbon #1, wisdom #1, and make solid progress on bracer #1. Orlandu might be just about fully geared but Olive has plenty of room to grow (and Fryevia, eventually). Also going back and finishing clearing out the lapis from story levels and explorations.

HGH posted:

Is Rikku's TM worth it?

Yes. I think her AOE cleanse ability covers stuff like petrify (but not Stop) too, making it better than standard Esuna(ga).

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
stop too stronk

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

It's half a fire flask and as a bonus you get AOE 30% full break, and the third ability makes it easier for you to keep Rikku's broke-rear end limit up constantly. I'm not sure what more you want from a TM. Putting that thing on bedile would instantly make him a top tier support character.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Finally drew a Brian Setzer sans Orchestra (Gau and Mr. Thou) with the free ticket this morning, reformed from a blue crystal. Due to thread recommendations, may sit the next banner out, see if I can't get me one of them 10+1 pulls with the Lapis I would otherwise spend on a daily half-price.

Exploration-based events are the best, no grinding for fishes. I can get some TM grinding done finally.

Question 1: Besides himself, who does Brian chain with well? Is it Orlandeu? I hope it's Orlandeu.

Question 2: I got my Marie up to level 100, should I put her up for the Kefka challenge instead of my Trance Terra? She's decently outfitted, has the Healing Staff, Vestments of Mind, and a bunch of HP+10% materia.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Finally drew a Brian Setzer sans Orchestra (Gau and Mr. Thou) with the free ticket this morning, reformed from a blue crystal. Due to thread recommendations, may sit the next banner out, see if I can't get me one of them 10+1 pulls with the Lapis I would otherwise spend on a daily half-price.

Exploration-based events are the best, no grinding for fishes. I can get some TM grinding done finally.

Question 1: Besides himself, who does Brian chain with well? Is it Orlandeu? I hope it's Orlandeu.

Question 2: I got my Marie up to level 100, should I put her up for the Kefka challenge instead of my Trance Terra? She's decently outfitted, has the Healing Staff, Vestments of Mind, and a bunch of HP+10% materia.

I think most of us that are going to do Kefka have already done it at this point, whereas your TT is more beneficial for those of us still fish grinding. I don't have a TT and I can put my Marie back up if somebody still wants to give Kefka a go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Now Marie is looking very useful for this upcoming Shadows of the Empire event. You need to buff your party to at or beyond 100% fire resistance.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Do you kit Minfilia and Marie essentially the same?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I think you do, but I believe that Minfilia has more DPS options whereas Marie is a pure green mage.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I've got both, I just haven't decided who I want to kit out to share.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Now Marie is looking very useful for this upcoming Shadows of the Empire event. You need to buff your party to at or beyond 100% fire resistance.

Ugh. I hope I can just crush it with raw damage because I don't know how I'll manage 100+% fire resist on everyone even with my Marie.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I've got both, I just haven't decided who I want to kit out to share.

Marie has a lots more versatility with one minor exception. Minifilia can buff Dark resistance to 75% whereas Marie can only buff it to 50% with her "Love you All" skill. In the dark espers trial, that extra 25% can make all the difference in the world. For the upcoming event, Marie should be better as dark resistance isn't needed, just fire resistance.

Marie really starts to shine when you give her a healing staff from the fat chocobo vendor. With that, she gets cura and with her native dualcast it can heal for as much or more as a single curaja. She's not going to replace your healer but she can offheal in an emergency. She also gets Shellga and Protectga which can both be dualcast on a single turn. Marie owns and I'm really glad I lucked into her.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Ugh. I hope I can just crush it with raw damage because I don't know how I'll manage 100+% fire resist on everyone even with my Marie.

From what I read he has a fire based attack that is paired with an AOE confuse. If you can 100% resist it, all you have to worry about is the physical damage attacks which can be provoke tanked.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

From what I read he has a fire based attack that is paired with an AOE confuse. If you can 100% resist it, all you have to worry about is the physical damage attacks which can be provoke tanked.

Cecil has the physical part on lock - and the resists - but even with barfiraga from Marie my damage dealers might get torched... aside from whoever is sitting on Ifrit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Sounds like if you're doing the 4-man challenge the Fire Resist option is the easier way to go but if you are running a full party then you can skip the fire resist and just go for confuse protection and take the fire slow and steady.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Somebody on Reddit compiled this guide, lots of good information here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/68y9kl/shadow_of_the_empire_elt_guide/

He will heal for 50k HP each turn, so bring lots of mana items. I think I'm going Marie, Cecil, DC Refia, and Olive for my four man attempt. It will depend on whether Olive can do more than 50k damage per attack...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Marie has a lots more versatility with one minor exception. Minifilia can buff Dark resistance to 75% whereas Marie can only buff it to 50% with her "Love you All" skill. In the dark espers trial, that extra 25% can make all the difference in the world. For the upcoming event, Marie should be better as dark resistance isn't needed, just fire resistance.

Marie really starts to shine when you give her a healing staff from the fat chocobo vendor. With that, she gets cura and with her native dualcast it can heal for as much or more as a single curaja. She's not going to replace your healer but she can offheal in an emergency. She also gets Shellga and Protectga which can both be dualcast on a single turn. Marie owns and I'm really glad I lucked into her.

What esper are you planning? Obviously not Shiva, doubt you want to use a melee like Odin...Siren? Carby?

I have her kitted almost exactly as you had yours set up recently.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

What esper are you planning? Obviously not Shiva, doubt you want to use a melee like Odin...Siren? Carby?

I have her kitted almost exactly as you had yours set up recently.

Ifrit for the FR.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Cartoon Man posted:

Ifrit for the FR.

Well then, guess I'll put up Marie with Healing Staff and Ifrit after the FF6 event is done. Time to start giving her pots.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The entire cast of 4* and 5* FFX characters all roll incredibly well with each other. Like Tidus, Rikku, Yuna and Lulu can all work to do insane things. Rikku and Yuna being off healers and shoring each others weaknesses (yuna cant revive well outside of her limit, which rikku can, rikku not having the healing throughput which Yuna can have). Tidus can act as the team buffer and part of the chainers, rikku can chain and provide all elemental resists, Yuna can act as a finisher and provide stronger elemental resistances if needed, lulu can help chain and debuff enemies against water as well as act as a finisher if she can get her -ja stacks high enough. With Rikku's TM anyone can act as a breaker but watch Auron come out and be a pseudo tank with insane breaks to fill out the last spot in the party.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I'm almost finished with 4 Letters and Arms and a magistral crest for Fryevia. Is it better to go single wield if she's not chaining with anyone?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamsystem posted:

I'm almost finished with 4 Letters and Arms and a magistral crest for Fryevia. Is it better to go single wield if she's not chaining with anyone?

All the max builds I've seen have her dual wielding her own TM sword and Emporer's TM staff.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Best I can do is her TM and enhancer. With Ifrit it should put her around 900 mag though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Thanks to whoever recommended Nova Launcher for Nox. Haven't had a crash in days, and when I do it it doesn't cause any issues with Nox itself.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does Noctis have a better accessory than Celestial Gloves?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody on Reddit compiled this guide, lots of good information here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/68y9kl/shadow_of_the_empire_elt_guide/

He will heal for 50k HP each turn, so bring lots of mana items. I think I'm going Marie, Cecil, DC Refia, and Olive for my four man attempt. It will depend on whether Olive can do more than 50k damage per attack...

Minfilia sounds like she owns for this. 70% fire resist, plus group confusion immunity.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here is what my friend Marie will be on Friday:

The rainbow robe was gonna be overkill so that's going on my Refia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Fenrir posted:

This was from an Esper trial guide before Dragon Shield came out, but it'll help with gearing up for Fire damage:

quote:

Cecil - Siren (Geared for highest HP: Flame Shield, Grand Helm,Demon Mail, Cupid Sandals; [Dualcast if you have it], Barfira, [Barwatera if you have dualcast])
Snow - Golem (Geared for highest HP: Black Bandana, Cupid's Robe, Black Choker; 3x Hydaelyn Guard, Bushido - Freedom)
Minfilia - Diabolos (Geared for highest HP: [Flame Shield if you have Equip H Shield], Soul Crown)
Y'shtola - Ifrit (Geared for highest HP: Lovely Rod, Black Bandana, Maiden's Vestment, Water God's Amulet; Dark Resistance +15%)

Using this setup, we end up with:

Cecil: +50% Fire, Water; +40% Dark

Snow: +30% Fire, Water; +50% Dark

Minfilia: +5% [+55% with Equip H Shield] Fire, Water; +55% Dark

Y'Shtola: +50% Fire; +30% Water; +35% Dark

Using Minfilias +70% buffs, we will be immune to nearly all elements
Replace Cecil's Demon Mail with some fire armor for 100% resistance.
If you give Minfilia the Ifrit Claw and Red Ring, she'll reach 40% without shields to boot, and Yshtola can equip small shields natively, meaning she can get 80% resistance with the Dragon Shield.

HGH fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 3, 2017

• Locked thread