Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Milotic posted:

Content.

My boyfriend (23M) and I (23F) are like an old couple and I wonder if this is how it should be...

Occasionally I go out with some friends from grad school, but then there's no one to cook for BF or make sure he's ok after work

Make sure he's ok after work? Is she afraid he'll spontaneously combust if she's not watching him every second of the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

What does Fwb mean

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

dont victim blame me tia

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

What does Fwb mean

The good friend zone

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Blue Train posted:

What does Fwb mean

Friends With Butts

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [24/F] with my coworker [32/M] showing me unwanted attention. Nice guy or creep?

quote:

So I've worked at this office for about 7 months now. It's really small and only has five employees. From the beginning my coworker has taken a liking to me. A little background that might be necessary for explaining who he is: he's 32 yo Mormon, virgin, and relatively all around "nice guy". I'm in a relationship and my coworker knows that, as I've taken my SO to Christmas dinner and other work-related dinner parties/get togethers. My coworker also avoids my SO at all costs whenever he comes in to the office to visit me for lunch.

At first he it was the usual: long stares, pointed sighs, pretentious conversation starters, and telling me I'm some variation of beautiful or hot every. Single. Day. In the beginning I was gracious and said thank you, but as time wore on and he wouldn't stop with the compliments, I became curt with him and eventually began ignoring the compliments altogether. He would put his hand on the small of my back, squeeze my shoulder, touch my hair. He would bring me little gifts everyday. He bought me a facial for Christmas, chocolate every day, medicine when I came into work sick, and even bought me hand-warmers because I complained about being cold in the winter. He is so alert and observant to any little passing comment I make. I was torn between thinking he was just a really sweet, genuinely nice guy and thinking he was paying too much attention to me as a taken woman. Eventually after talking with my SO I told him to stop and that I didn't like it, and that if what he was saying/doing to me couldn't be said/done to any of our other coworkers, then it should be kept to himself.

One day in our tiny office kitchen which is the size of shoebox, I was making lunch and he came inside and shut the door. I immediately became on edge. He said he wanted to apologize for his behavior and making me uncomfortable. I said I appreciated it but the fact that he was closing the door and having a hushed conversation in a tiny room with me made me more uncomfortable.

Things got better for a while. Then when I got accepted to a college he bought a custom made college acceptance chocolate cake to work the next day. When I got a second college acceptance letter from another school, he ordered a custom made Hogwarts acceptance letter made into a plaque with my full name on it (he knows I'm crazy about HP). When a crime happened in our neighborhood he bought me a stun gun the next day. When I mentioned I left my migraine medication at home he bought some and put it on my desk the next day. Master Sword from Zelda-themed letter opener. Majora's Mask themed paperweight. Ravenclaw-themed bookmark. Gift cards. I can keep going, but the point is, I have told him already that the compliments and the gifts are just too much and while I'm appreciative, it's just not appropriate! He doesn't get it. And he's ultra-sensitive. Boss already got involved when he noticed the excessive gift giving and said that it was just "weird" and to not do it anymore. After that, my coworker gave me these other gifts and whispered, "Don't tell (our boss)". I have saved them all but don't use them.

I feel guilty because I'd like a normal rapport with him but all the attention, stares, compliments and gifts have made me be a bitch to him because I don't know any other way to act toward him without encouraging him.

tl;dr: Coworker is gratuitous with gifts, compliments after already telling him twice to tone it down.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Elsa posted:

The good friend zone

Ah gotcha

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

P-Mack posted:

Why you assume is sexual? Is you, you who are the weird.

Everything is about sex.

Except for sex, which is about violence, and violence, which is about wealth inequality.

And that's about sex. Perfect circle.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's dicks all the way down

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Barudak posted:

Groping can take many forms. A lady I knew called herself a "hugger" which must have been a mistranslation for "leap onto a man and him with your arms and legs like a constrictor killing a deer".

A girl in an environmental science class I took once did this when we were all walking out into the forest to observe some stuff. I don't know why. We didn't even really know each other. It was weird.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Lol at the gf getting upset boyfriend likes getting cucked while ignoring the fact that she's loving another guy.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Axolotl posted:

Oh, hey guys, fantasizing about turning into a snake and consuming someone while hugging them is totally normal.

Totally normal.

Totally.

things can be weird but not sexual, at least that used to be possible

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

P-Mack posted:

W E L C O M E T O T H E F U T U R E

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

P-Mack posted:

It was never possible

sorry your age of innocence had to come to an end in a Something Awful thread

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

Lol at the gf getting upset boyfriend likes getting cucked while ignoring the fact that she's loving another guy.

Its the classic, ~He thought he could pull a bunch of tail and have a relationship-in-waiting, only to find out that his girlfriend had a much easier time finding some strange and now he's jealous and masturbating with his own tears.~

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

blarzgh posted:

Its the classic, ~He thought he could pull a bunch of tail and have a relationship-in-waiting, only to find out that his girlfriend had a much easier time finding some strange and now he's jealous and masturbating with his own tears.~
It's not at all like that. She's mad he's turned on by getting cucked. Which is really dumb.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

blarzgh posted:

i strongly believe that the guys who do this have never actually tried to go out and get laid with someone they met that night before. theyre just awkward dudes who got into a relationship and then got insecure about their college time not being literally porkys and somehow they think that theyll go out and be successful at picking someone up when theyve never tried

and its loving funny as all hell tbh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milotic posted:

My boyfriend (23M) and I (23F) are like an old couple and I wonder if this is how it should be...

Here is the deal, you are allowed to break up with people over not feeling totally fulfilled instead of having to wait for weeping sorrow.

The problem is I can nearly 100% guarantee if you do break up in 5-7 years you will he desperately looking for someone to do this with again and if you dont break up youll always resent him for your wasted youth. Pick the path that sounds like youll regret it less.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

Here is the deal, you are allowed to break up with people over not feeling totally fulfilled instead of having to wait for weeping sorrow.

The problem is I can nearly 100% guarantee if you do break up in 5-7 years you will he desperately looking for someone to do this with again and if you dont break up youll always resent him for your wasted youth. Pick the path that sounds like youll regret it less.

nah he needs to get a different job or (probably) a big bottle of brain pills

that post is dysthymia.txt

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 4, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milotic posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [26M] of 4 years, opened our relationship and that is changing our lives

Getting a PhD and couldnt figure out that loving other people remotely would change their lives, higher education has failed us.

I feel like a possible issue for men who open up the relationship is they imagine its nothing but trawling for random strange on tinder instead of building rapport with another person giving the SO plenty of time to discover something better. Also, you know, them having a diseased personality where they have nothing to offer but believe they can get the sex the fantasize about.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dude also has issues with over sharing for attention.

That's like all the most prolific posted in this thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Me [24/F] with my coworker [32/M] showing me unwanted attention. Nice guy or creep?

I think if this guy can accidentally murder Tim Allen his new career will help him understand how to handle his obsession and gift giving in a positive and constructive manner.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

It's not at all like that. She's mad he's turned on by getting cucked. Which is really dumb.

Wow, I just glossed over that part.

Its like I'm color blind, but to dipshittery.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

Its the most hilarious part. Ok, we agree Im going to cuck you but you cant like it.

Is, is that the ultimate cuck(tm)?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god why can't my bf just go out and gently caress other women instead of hearing about me loving men he's so weird

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Closes off her sex life in an open relationship and gets mad that he gets mad

Her response is giving an even juicier tidbit and then closing off again lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Barudak posted:

Its the most hilarious part. Ok, we agree Im going to cuck you but you cant like it.

Is, is that the ultimate cuck(tm)?

I'd call it that yeah when the emotional abuse roleplay turns into being a genuine stranger

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Thumbtacks posted:

god why can't my bf just go out and gently caress other women instead of hearing about me loving men he's so weird

She upset he not jealous :v:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Barudak posted:

Getting a PhD and couldnt figure out that loving other people remotely would change their lives, higher education has failed us.

I feel like a possible issue for men who open up the relationship is they imagine its nothing but trawling for random strange on tinder instead of building rapport with another person giving the SO plenty of time to discover something better. Also, you know, them having a diseased personality where they have nothing to offer but believe they can get the sex the fantasize about.

People who hold a PhD are often extremely stupid outside of their selected field

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Blue Train posted:

People who hold a PhD are often extremely stupid outside of their selected field no matter who they are

FTFY

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea that too

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blue Train posted:

People who hold a PhD are often extremely stupid outside of their selected field

I know a bunch of PhD students and graduates and the retarded drama in that group is absolutely unprecedented. No doubt they could write a thesis on solving it that's utterly distanced from reality and critically acclaimed. 

There was a post ages ago about people getting metaphysical about toilet seats being left up. Like that. The philosophy of toilet seats 24/7. 

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 4, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I know a bunch of PhD students and graduates and the retarded drama in that group is absolutely unprecedented. No doubt they could write a thesis on solving it that's utterly distanced from reality and critically acclaimed.

There was a post ages ago about people getting metaphysical about toilet seats being left up. Like that. The philosophy of toilet seats 24/7.

Yeah, graduate students on the whole are the most immature people for their age I've ever met, and that includes artists.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just install a urinal in your bathroom on the other side if the toilet from the bidet, like my relatives who have difficulty peeing with any more accuracy than "against the wall" during the large parts of their life where they are shitfaced for work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

P-Mack posted:

I'm weird as hell but not in a sex way. I am weird outside of sex, within the context of sex I am not weird. I hate that being weird makes people think I am sex weird. The world has sexualized every behavior and it is really annoying. Let me make bedazzled trousers for my cat in peace.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Grads: I love them all but god drat.

quote:

Just install a urinal in your bathroom on the other side if the toilet from the bidet, like my relatives who have difficulty peeing with any more accuracy than "against the wall" during the large parts of their life where they are shitfaced for work.

See, that's one solution. The students I know would philosophise about the motivations for both sides of the arguments for fun, for months, there'd be tears and antidepressants, while falling into the toilet weekly. That would be preferable to the guy putting the seat down because it's polite.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 4, 2017

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

I hate that being weird makes people think I am sex weird. The world has sexualized every behavior and it is really annoying.

its mostly this but its also generalizing based on the empirical observation that most people who are (non-sex) weird are also sex weird

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chernobyl kinsman posted:

its mostly this but its also generalizing based on the empirical observation that most people who are (non-sex) weird are also sex weird

I am a sex weird to the extent that the trait I find most sexy in a partner is perceived long term compatibility and trust

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If youre weird but dont like weird sex you are very likely the shock artist of your weird community, the unpissed christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I am a sex weird to the extent that the trait I find most sexy in a partner is perceived long term compatibility and trust

WTF