Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Americans are so unbelievably stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

paul_soccer10 posted:

Americans are so unbelievably stupid

If Le Pen gets elected I hope she and Trump have sleepovers.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I'm loving the posts of non-American goons ITT. Please post more about how terrible we seem from the outside. I'm swimming in this trash, and much like the manual labor jobs I had back when I had to afford community college or a doctor appointment, I get the occasional squirt of garbage-juice into my mouth.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Da Earf is flat because Tila Tequilla said so DURRRRRRRRRRR - an American

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Trump got pretty worked up about this whole thing, do you think he knows it still has to go to the Senate or is he setting up a mission accomplished banner somewhere

He was too busy sanctioning North Korea and passing another meaningless EO to notice.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
since we're all know-nothing braindead idiots, here's something useful I rediscovered recently, the Laissez-Faire reading list: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2516223?shelf=to-read

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Trump got pretty worked up about this whole thing, do you think he knows it still has to go to the Senate or is he setting up a mission accomplished banner somewhere

Fake news will tell that we need senate approval. That is lie. Bad!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

ProperCoochie posted:

I'm loving the posts of non-American goons ITT. Please post more about how terrible we seem from the outside. I'm swimming in this trash, and much like the manual labor jobs I had back when I had to afford community college or a doctor appointment, I get the occasional squirt of garbage-juice into my mouth.

It's like the Bush years, but worse. By God, I forgot how it felt during those eight years where you could just go "America, right?" and the other person would roll their eyes, and you'd laugh.

Then I think about how Bush would gently caress things up like, every other month or so, and everyone would laugh and call him the worst president ever. For not being able to pronounce "nuclear" or for giving a toaster to the Queen. How innocent we were. Trump has done more in 100 days to ruin the USA than Bush managed in two terms, and it can only get worse as bunker mentality, dementia and a Republican held house + senate works it's magic like some kind of Lovecraftian primordial ooze of terribleness. lol!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

ProperCoochie posted:

since we're all know-nothing braindead idiots, here's something useful I rediscovered recently, the Laissez-Faire reading list: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2516223?shelf=to-read

I'm glad I have a pretty good collection of books because I will probably need to burn them for heat after the infrastructure across the entire country collapses.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Trump probably legit doesn't understand that it still needs senate approval

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol I just realized Trump supporters are the same people who would fall for the greasiest, sleaziest, biggest liar of a used car salesman and then brag to all of their friends about the piece of junk they just paid too much for.

I have the best cars. My cars will be so tremendous for your family compared to that failing previous car. My cars will get such good fuel economy, believe me. That other dealership says they have better deals but those are FAKE CLAIMS. My uncle had a tremendous, tremendous car dealership. My deals are so good, I'm going to get minorities to pay for it for you.

PUT IT IN "H"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Trump probably legit doesn't understand that it still needs senate approval

Again, I will bet the life of my unborn child that he will brag about this for YEARS even if the Senate rejects the bill outright or completely rewrites it.

YEARS.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

haljordan posted:

Again, I will bet the life of my unborn child that he will brag about this for YEARS even if the Senate rejects the bill outright or completely rewrites it.

YEARS.

True. You actually went and voted one of the worst Americans your president.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lilljonas posted:

True. You actually went and voted one of the worst Americans your president.

Hey, I didn't vote for him. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't. I was kinda drunk at the time.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

ProperCoochie posted:

The United States of America, the self-proclaimed greatest and freest democracy on earth and the world's dominant and later sole superpower that has been dominating and shaping the world for the last 70 years not only elected a literal retard for president because his ratings in reality TV were so great, they also gave total dominance over all branches of government to a party so comically evil that they just voted to consign thousands of Americans to a painful death and millions more to decide between health and abject poverty, only to celebrate the passing of that bill with a serving of ice cold pisswater swill right there in parliament. Now America's only hope is that everybody involved is too dumb to actually follow through with that (which isn't even that farfetched a hope), while a significant part of the American populace - invariably those that would be hit the hardest by those legislative measures - cheer these same death cult politicians on in blind fanaticism.

L o loving l, I thank all Americans for their brave service in the name of the lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
America has some exceptional retards

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ProperCoochie posted:

I'm in England. It's slightly better here, but it by that much and not for long :(

E: the woman who is going to be elected prime minister has said that she won't do any debates or any policy discussions. People are going to vote for her anyway.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

gonadic io posted:

I'm in England. It's slightly better here, but it by that much and not for long :(

E: the woman who is going to be elected prime minister has said that she won't do any debates or any policy discussions. People are going to vote for her anyway.

Explain.........whatever this is:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ProperCoochie posted:

Question: Do you guys also have to tip the ambulance drivers?
TIA
Love, AI.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Attitude Indicator posted:

Question: Do you guys also have to tip the ambulance drivers?
TIA
Love, AI.

No but a trip with the EMTs will run you at least a thousand.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
What is it with hilarious dead ferret hairdos and horrible retard opinions? You got Trump, Boris, that dude from one of the scandinavian countries... David Brock.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Feminasty Slut posted:

What is it with hilarious dead ferret hairdos and horrible retard opinions? You got Trump, Boris, that dude from one of the scandinavian countries... David Brock.

their real hair looks worse
this is to 'appeal' to others

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

haljordan posted:

Explain.........whatever this is:

he went on some panel shows so they made him mayor of london then foreign secretary

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

skeletonotherkin posted:

No but a trip with the EMTs will run you at least a thousand.

the EMTs themseleves are probably only making 15/hr so if you doooo have a few bucks....

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Saint Drogo posted:

he went on some panel shows so they made him mayor of london then foreign secretary

Ah the Donald Trump special.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

turn off the TV posted:

Do you have insurance? If so, you're hosed.
Do you live in a red state? If so, you're turbo hosed.

Just curious how this affects people who have insurance in a red state. Seriously.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In the recent comics Starscream manages to con his way into winning an election and becomes the leader of all Transformers. Turns out it's really hard, complicated and no fun. Since he's utterly incompetent as a leader and slightly insane he delegates most of the decisions to a Decepticon that turns into a giant rat.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Feminasty Slut posted:

America has some exceptional retards

Tremendous retards-- the best retards.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mammal Sauce posted:

Just curious how this affects people who have insurance in a red state. Seriously.

States can vote to allow insurance providers to opt out of preexisting conditions, as well as stop providing to current mandatory standards of care (i.e. being able to go to the emergency room, have a baby, get medications, you name it).

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Lolling safely from a country with functional and free public healthcare services

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

States can vote to allow insurance providers to opt out of preexisting conditions, as well as stop providing to current mandatory standards of care (i.e. being able to go to the emergency room, have a baby, get medications, you name it).

The best part is companies don't have to use the law of the state they're in, they can use any states. So it doesn't matter where you live!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Boris is paying for his loving lies by being Foreign Secetary.
He has to go to other countries and visit the people he hates.

Trump is being punished by....making the tax payer pay for his gold trips to his own country club lol.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

happyhippy posted:

Boris is paying for his loving lies by being Foreign Secetary.
He has to go to other countries and visit the people he hates.

Trump is being punished by....making the tax payer pay for his gold trips to his own country club lol.

Wait so he works for your government and receives a salary you'll never get in your life and lol you see that as punishment

edit: "Trump might be president but he has to hear about people being mean to him, so I'm sure he's not enjoying it. I'm really winning here"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

lilljonas posted:

Then I think about how Bush would gently caress things up like, every other month or so, and everyone would laugh and call him the worst president ever. For not being able to pronounce "nuclear" or for giving a toaster to the Queen. How innocent we were. Trump has done more in 100 days to ruin the USA than Bush managed in two terms, and it can only get worse as bunker mentality, dementia and a Republican held house + senate works it's magic like some kind of Lovecraftian primordial ooze of terribleness. lol!

Bush started a war under false pretenses that cost us over 2 trillion dollars. Trump hasn't been worse than Bush, yet.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

turn off the TV posted:

Hmm...I guess I get to play the waiting game to see if Anthem fucks our consortium over.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ivanka's book is uh.....not receiving the warmest welcome from critics lol

quote:

“Women Who Work” is mostly composed of artless jargon (“All women benefit immeasurably by architecting their lives”) and inspirational quotes you might find by Googling “inspirational quotes.” Her exhortations feel even emptier than usual in light of Trump’s stated policy goals. “We must fight for ourselves, for our rights not just as workers but also as women,” Ivanka writes, and, elsewhere, “Honor yourself by exploring the kind of life you deserve.” The imagined audience for the book is so rarefied that Ivanka confidently calls paying bills and buying groceries “not enormously impactful” to one’s daily productivity. Her nannies are mentioned twice, if you count the acknowledgments; no other household help is alluded to at all. On the book’s second-to-last page, she finally, briefly mentions the need for paid leave and affordable childcare.

quote:

What’s more striking is that the book fails even to get its own story straight: Which came first, Ivanka’s women’s-empowerment initiative or her desire to sell more shoes? The initiative evolved “very organically,” she writes. And yet throughout the book she reverts to the tone of a pitch deck: “I designed my company around a larger mission. Whether you’re trying on a pair of my heels or perusing my Web site for interviewing tips, my ‘why’ is to provide you—a woman who works—with solutions and inspiration.” A few pages later, she describes her entry into the fashion business as a “market opportunity . . . ready to be seized.” The book ultimately doesn’t try very hard to obscure the fact that the Women Who Work initiative was created, as the Times recently reported, as a way to make Ivanka products more marketable. She seems unwilling to acknowledge—if this is something that she has even grasped in the first place—that there could, hypothetically, be a difference between what’s good for women and what’s good for her brand.

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/ivanka-trump-wrote-a-painfully-oblivious-book-for-basically-no-one

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
At the rate these LOLs are gaining in speed, signs point towards the Juggalo March on Washington somehow saving America from this death spiral.

LOLs are caused by clowns, Juggalos are down with clowns. It all makes sense.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cobweb Heart posted:

Wait so he works for your government and receives a salary you'll never get in your life and lol you see that as punishment

edit: "Trump might be president but he has to hear about people being mean to him, so I'm sure he's not enjoying it. I'm really winning here"

I would rather him die of a flesh eating bacteria, and we are not going to see him jailed for the poo poo he did.
And so the next best thing is watching him squirm and hate whatever he is doing.
And so yeah, better than letting him slink away after the Brexit fiasco.

Trump's equivalent could be ambassador to Mexico.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Come to Ireland, this guy watching Bob Dylan in 1964 is our prime minister

he's a pinko lefty super chill guy

sorry ya'll countries suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Plavski posted:

Come to Ireland, this guy watching Bob Dylan in 1964 is our prime minister

he's a pinko lefty super chill guy

sorry ya'll countries suck

What's his name, I will unironically vote for him in the next 20 presidential elections