Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

big money big clit posted:

Unfriendly rivalry in my sports?! Well I never!

I'm mad that our stupid, shithead AD gave Florida two home games in a row in exchange for playing at LSU this year in a game that didn't matter in a season that was already pretty much over. I feel better about this only because we've been able to beat Florida at home in recent history and also because even if we beat them we will still lose the west to Alabama, and they will still lose the SEC championship to Alabama, so we're all just trying to polish the same turd anyway.

Lotta salt in his post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Basically every pregame.

No he didn't.

75 != 82

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

lol if you think a long snapper is going to be anything other than a walk-on

you're paying for your own poo poo buddy

Actually fairly often from what I've seen, the long snapper is a scholarship player because it's a fairly unique skill that doesn't get taught to a ton of folks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Eagles-long-snapper-got-his-scholarship-with-somebody-elses-long-snaps.html

quote:

"My high school coach, Coach Craven, told me I should snap. I messed around with it my Senior year. And I could do it.... but I definitely didn't practice it or take it serious. It got the job done.

After high school I went to a Junior College. I played OLB and some fullback. We had a unbelievable long snapper whose name was Tim Thurman, a 6'6" TE that could snap, really well.

I later added some of his snapping film to my highlighted tape and sent it to colleges. I ended up getting a full ride
to University of Texas, El Paso (UTEP Miners) because of it. Being that the snapper wasn't me on the tape, That's when I started taking snapping serious."

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

1) Goddammit
2) What does it mean that the county is asking MSU to do this? I'm assuming this is nefarious, but just not certain how.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Declan MacManus posted:

LS get scholarships all the time. Very often every 4 years schools will look for one and you get the kid on scholarship and you forget about the position for 4 years. It's worth a good peace of mind to most coaches although the practice of spending a scholarship can obviously vary from coach to coach.

Scholarship LS aren't really unheard of, it's just that nobody talks about the position.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anals of History posted:

1) Goddammit
2) What does it mean that the county is asking MSU to do this? I'm assuming this is nefarious, but just not certain how.

Not a lawyer, but i'd imagine the county sheriff would want to see those records as part of determining whether or not to formally press charges.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

Yeah I've definitely seen guys hit from 70+ in practice or pregame when they were just loving around and didn't have any pressure or have to worry about it getting blocked.

Case in point, my brother was an incredible punter in practice. His only live snap at punter was a nine yard shank.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Long snapper scholarship seems like a huge waste of resources. Iowa always just finds a random walk on tight end or something who can do it and i can't remember them ever having issues with longsnaps. It's like how all our fullbacks are slow walk on linebackers.

I do know someone who got a scholarship to ISU solely for holding kicks though (he initially walked on as a punter but all he ever did was hold and he got a full ride for a couple years out of it). And amusingly it was at the tail end of the McCarney era when they missed a million important FGs.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 4, 2017

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Raku posted:

Sparty no means no

2015 Cotton Bowl to be renamed the "In Retrospect this is increasingly :stare: Bowl"

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tuberville was always giving an LS a scholarship but in the latter half of his time at Auburn he didn't really give a poo poo about recruiting so he had them to spare.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Tuberville was always giving an LS a scholarship but in the latter half of his time as a coach he didn't really give a poo poo about recruiting so he had them to spare.

FTFY

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Declan MacManus posted:

A tight end from my high school got a full ride to UT but wound up playing as their long snapper.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ Charlie Strong can't catch a break. So you might have heard USF player LaDarrius Jackson was arrested for sexual battery and false imprisonment Monday night. And you might remember the USF kid who got shot after threatening another man with a gun.

Today was the first day Jackson was in court:

Judge Margaret Taylor posted:

I graduated from USF in 1989, long before there was a football team. And while USF may not be the top-ranked school in the nation, I was never ashamed of being an alum until now. I’m embarrassed and ashamed, Mr. Jackson. Let’s just say my USF diploma is not proudly hanging in my office right now.

Fine so far, Jackson is a piece of crap if the allegations are remotely true. But then she went off on Charlie:

Judge Margaret Taylor posted:

This court, and I’m sure I’m not alone, questions whether you have control over your players. It’s fairly clear that you do not have control of them off the field. And I guess only time will tell whether you have control over them on the field.

I would implore you to think long and hard about whether being head coach at USF is a good fit for you, before any other members of this community have to suffer at the hands of one of your players.

Strong has been there since December and recruited neither of these players. He already kicked the gun guy off the team and if he hasn't kicked Jackson off the team it's because this all started about 36 hours before these remarks were made.

e: Strong was not actually present in the court room I don't believe

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 4, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Not only has Charlie only been there for like a second, but he's always seemed to carry himself with high integrity and expects much of the same from his players. This is just not the guy to rant on regarding this.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 4, 2017

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

I totally forgot he coached Tech

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the mean lunch lady posted:

I totally forgot he coached Tech

To be fair, i think Techsans wish they could forget it too.

Does the school still call people that? 15 years seems like forever ago.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mr. Nice! posted:

To be fair, i think Techsans wish they could forget it too.

Does the school still call people that? 15 years seems like forever ago.

Yeah, they do.

And poo poo... It's been 11 for me >_<

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

shyduck posted:

Not only has Charlie only been there for like a second, but he's always seemed to carry himself with high integrity and expects much of the same from his players. This is just not the guy to rant on regarding this.

Right. He lost his job at Texas dying on the discipline hill. I saw a report on this I'm Austin and smdh.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Let's let judges judge, take creators deliver takes and never the twain shall meet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

broncos gonna get paid handsomely to get destroyed by michigan

quote:

Western Michigan has scheduled a game at The Big House against Michigan in 2018 and the Broncos will get paid $1.2 million for the game, per Ralph D. Russo.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The judge recused herself from that case this morning

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU QB surprising a kid
https://twitter.com/FSU_Barstool/status/860196494665822212

DJExile posted:

broncos gonna get paid handsomely to get destroyed by michigan

That's like 1.3 Alabama position coaches

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Usually when FSU quarterbacks surprise someone it ends with a civil lawsuit.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Lol there's going to be a Clemson car at the nascar race at Talladega in Alabama this weekend...

https://twitter.com/FastTrackRacin/status/860202972495609857

Trolling Bama fans is one thing, but to do it thru nascar is next level.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I think we had a car before years ago too. Maybe around the time they opened that car engineering building on campus.

Good looking car

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I might be remembering this wrong but I wanna say at one of the two 'Dega races I was at in '06 Tommy Tuberville drove the pace car and got booed by like 80% of the crowd.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I hope it crashes into a wall and explodes.

gently caress clemson.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope that too but only because NASCAR is boring as gently caress

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jeremor posted:

gently caress clemson.

oi u salty mate

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Jeremor posted:

gently caress clemson.

Lotta salt in this post

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Delenda est Clemsono

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I generally like Clemson 51 weeks a year.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/CoachTomHerman/status/860298296715341824

That's funny Tom...seems like:

1. None of these guys actually went to UT
2. You called the guy at the front and center "chicken salad" and oh yeah "lesser parts"
3. You didn't actually recruit any of the gentlemen depicted on this poster, and...
4. ...if it got out you actually offered a 2* guy UT boosters would run you straight back down 290

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 5, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Coaches talking about star rankings :laffo:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

I think we had a car before years ago too. Maybe around the time they opened that car engineering building on campus.

Good looking car

Yeah, it was to promote ICAR back when that fired up. Closest thing to BMW being involved in NASCAR...

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Korranus posted:

2. You called the guy at the front and center "chicken salad"
3. You didn't actually recruit any of the gentlemen depicted on this poster, and...
4. ...if it got out you actually offered a 2* guy UT boosters would run you straight back down 290

I'd post this too if I just finished 6th in the American with more talent than maybe any other team in conference.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Korranus posted:

Craig loving Mager lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't understand this.

Is texas struggling to compete for two star recruits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Korranus posted:

It has nothing on the Rutgers basketball tweet with a bunch of NBA guys that played for an assistant at UCONN.

• Locked thread