Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
beAt mstr J is a mope who thinks he's a slick :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

PittTheElder posted:

From a couple pages back, but - assuming true - the fact that OPs coworkers are aware of this thread and are doubtlessly gossiping about it is legitimately the funniest part of the whole thing.

I worked for his employer in the past and we know which of us are goons.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

OSI bean dip posted:

I worked for his employer in the past and we know which of us are goons.

okay but seriously OP's real-life existence is not relevant to the comedy of this thread

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

SoundMonkey posted:

okay but seriously OP's real-life existence is not relevant to the comedy of this thread

You are correct.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

I dunno, him being a sales engineer did kind of complete the picture.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OSI bean dip posted:

we know which of us are goons.

Goondar?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i believe they call that 'smell'

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Are Is there stairs a bathtub in your house kitchen?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dear SoundMonkey,

Please tell the admins to rename DIY & Hobbies to this:

Thanks and God bless.

Sincerely,
Your friends in the PYF Funny Forum Quotes thread

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Are Is there stairs a bathtub in your house kitchen?

:lol:

But hang on, guys (and females, of course!) - I think you all missed the fact that OP had finally reached true enlightenment just before he stropped off:

bEatmstrJ posted:

There was no need to rip it apart

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Please post more pictures of your 1940s house Freakbox :)

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

learnincurve posted:

Please post more pictures of your 1940s house Freakbox :)

Sure, if you're interested. Mostly I just took some closeup shots of terrible wallpaper patterns and the (currently dirty) cabinetry my grandmother thought was "very parisian". Also, the adorable scalloped poo poo above my very brown sink.

It's the middle of the drat night in Oklahoma, so I can't get any pretty outdoor shots. i have a huge vegetable garden obscuring most of the yard, anyway. :kimchi:

http://imgur.com/a/4w8PT

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 6, 2017

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Oh hey, 150 posts, lets see if BeatmstrJ has eaten some crow and come back after being rightfully called out as a sexist prat.

bEatmstrJ posted:

You are the worst kind of female.

Its loving semantics, get over it.

Whelp.

Also Freakbox your house owns and I am jealous.

Fuckface the Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 6, 2017

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
((rambly, but)) It's weird moving into a house you remember growing up around, but something about it is really...calming? I guess it feels safe, knowing that the are good memories here.

My childhood home doesn't have a lot of happy memories, but this place is just where I remember being a kid. I even still have some folk art she made.

I can't do needlepoint worth a drat. :unsmith: She tried to teach me until the year she got sick and I'm just too clumsy.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 6, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I stayed in a hotel in Shenzhen years ago that had a pretty dope bathroom:

I didn't use the tub but the slightly raised floor in the shower was p cool and it was angled subtly enough that no water got out of the shower/bath area

also the ultra-long sink with the gentle incline was convenient for shaving but must be a nightmare for the staff to clean

(also it's China so the highest-tier suite cost about as much as a Holiday Inn room here, and the only place in the whole hotel with a No Smoking sign were the elevators but people smoked in there anyway)

e: also rainfall showerheads are amazing if you have the ability to put it in directly above you in the ceiling while also mounting a handheld head

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 6, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Oh my god his rap sheet. Click immediately. Hahaha

That's the reason for the bathroom remodel, he's introducing chaos, and mold, for cthulhu to nest

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

ewe2 posted:

What are the rules of bathroom acquisition?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY & Hobbies > Complete bathroom overhaul - The Rules of Bathroom Acquisition

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
loving poo poo I went and missed out on OP quintupling down on being a dumbass

yo friend, you made a stupid rear end mistake which prompted all this but holy crap you really cant handle the wrath of the internet, considering this was at best a 6 out of 10 on the goonpile scale

I believed in you :smithfrog:

but seriously what the gently caress is with your :females: thing?

go make platonic friends with some ladies without ulterior motives you loving weirdo.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

sneakyfrog posted:

I believed in you :smithfrog:

I truly believed he was turning around and was going to take the advice, finish the bathroom with professional help, no matter how lovely and mould ridden it was going to be, and then he goes and compromises his own threads joists by sawing through them with that :females: weird poo poo.

On the plus side I learnt about what works and what doesn't when it comes to bathroom amenities and got to see some very nice needlework / Freakbox's awesome house. :v:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

More Freakbox pics, please!

I love them, including the pictures of needlework. I'm learning to do threadpainting. I want to get this good:

Here's what I can do so far:

(not my images, just approximating my level of skill/practice)

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Oh ho the Alamo defense of "females" really puts this thread over the top. Can safely say it beats the guy hiking across America with a baby stroller. New all time favorite thread.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I always get a kick out of people who get real mad when called out on bad behavior and somehow decide being even worse is somehow a defense.

I'm not sexist! You want sexist? THIS is sexist! *Uses more and worse gendered insults he just happens to keep ready in his mind* so there, clearly you are the problem!!

Like...how was that supposed to make it better :psyduck:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ewe2 posted:

What are the rules of bathroom acquisition?

Rule 1. Builder grade bathrooms must go that way when you sell your house = PROFIT
Rule 2. Do everything as cheap as possible, like no permits, engineering, contractors etc. that way when you sell your house = MORE PROFIT
Rule 3. When told that you've hosed poo poo up, engage (heh) contractors and engineers to try and fix the problem and negotiate 5000$ off price that way when you sell your house = MORE PROFIT
Rule 4. Design your bathroom with :females: in mind, that way when you sell your house there is a bidding war = MORE PROFIT
Rule 5. Design your bathroom to be the ballinest, moldiest, flyest bathroom ever so that when the Grand Nagus comes to visit, you might curry his favour. Favour from the Nagus = MORE PROFIT
Rule 6. Avoid the borg.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 6, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Huntersoninski posted:

I always get a kick out of people who get real mad when called out on bad behavior and somehow decide being even worse is somehow a defense.

I'm not sexist! You want sexist? THIS is sexist! *Uses more and worse gendered insults he just happens to keep ready in his mind* so there, clearly you are the problem!!

Like...how was that supposed to make it better :psyduck:

You have to show FEMALES how MANLY you are.

Then they're overwhelmed with LUST HORMONES and want to MATE with you.

That's just how it works. :biotruths:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Runcible Cat posted:

You have to show FEMALES how MANLY you are.

Then they're overwhelmed with LUST HORMONES and want to MATE with you.

That's just how it works. :biotruths:

I enjoy that we have two different emotes for making fun of those guys

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

bEatmstrJ posted:

I already did the calculations for my own enjoyment (not that the engineer should take any of that into consideration), but it turned out as follows:

tub 150
60gal water 480 - full, which it won't be
floor tile ~100 - 25sqft
river rock 16sqft @2" ~225
2 people in tub 350 - no fat chicks
hardi/subfloor ~50
total lbs 1355

So in light of more recent claims by OP, was his plan to not sell the house to fat chicks either? Would there have been a waiver to sign during closing that the women this bathroom was targeted towards had to sign saying "If you ever become heavier than 160 lbs OP is not responsible for any injuries incurred from death trap tub?"

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Kv3EmmoVY

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

waah posted:

So in light of more recent claims by OP, was his plan to not sell the house to fat chicks either? Would there have been a waiver to sign during closing that the women this bathroom was targeted towards had to sign saying "If you ever become heavier than 160 lbs OP is not responsible for any injuries incurred from death trap tub?"

No, no, just put it on the sign:

HOUSE FOR SALE
NO FAT CHICKS

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

My ex and her bff are renting a condo and there's a socket with what looks like thick gauge speaker wire coming out of the wall. I wish I had a picture of it. It's right next to a closet so they just looped it up and stashed it in there, any idea what it might be?

it might just be speaker wire, like you said. it's so you can listen to your hi-fi stereo equipment in more than one room of your house. it's not the most uncommon thing, either: a friend of mine did a project like that a year or two back so he could listen to music direct from his fancy equipment in his kitchen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well he couldn't just ask for three males because you know about dames and their heading

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is that carpet? I thought it was gravel.

Anyway, I think that sink might be a bidet? It seems to be the same height as a toilet. Though that doesn't make much sense either, the faucet isn't quite right and who builds a separate bidet in 2017 instead of one of those fancy all-in-one deals? Maybe it is a foot washing sink?

It's not a bidet. The overall shape and the fixtures are wrong. Based on the patterning on the wall, I suspect that bathroom is in a fancy hotel in a Muslim nation, and that sink is for the ritual foot-washing required as part of the Muslim faith.

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
lol at goons getting triggered by FEMALES

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shadowgate posted:

lol at goons getting triggered by FEMALES

lol at the shittiest troll attempt so far this year

you forgot to mention snowflakes and safe spaces 0.2/10

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

lol at the shittiest troll attempt so far this year

you forgot to mention snowflakes and safe spaces 0.2/10

It's not even a troll attempt. I'm just baffled by what can get you probated these days and that anyone would give a single gently caress about the word females. Luckily OP has been probated so we can go back to talking about how fuckin' lame sales engineers are and how lovely his bathroom is. Hopefully that will continue for another 15 pages.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

but it is a lovely bathroom and the thread is literally about the bathroom? :confused:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Maybe you can PM the OP and cheer him up with a nice wholesome conversation about how all the white knights are leaping to defend all the triggered females and arn't they all pathetic?

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

learnincurve posted:

Maybe you can PM the OP and cheer him up with a nice wholesome conversation about how all the white knights are leaping to defend all the triggered females and arn't they all pathetic?

Maybe everyone can stop being such a loving baby and let OP document his project in the DIY forum.

But no, let's turn this into a D&D circlejerk about how much of a filthy misogynist OP because he said female. This is way more interesting and definitely not a ridiculous brigage of idiots.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Shadow account found

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The females thing is just a little detour on the way to OPs house collapsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Shadowgate posted:

Maybe everyone can stop being such a loving baby and let OP document his project in the DIY forum.

But no, let's turn this into a D&D circlejerk about how much of a filthy misogynist OP because he said female. This is way more interesting and definitely not a ridiculous brigage of idiots.

Shut the gently caress up you loving dweeb

• Locked thread