Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a goon friend gave me a free copy of prey, so i'm looking forward to experience the latest in 2006 graphical technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't buy the new Prey on Steam then lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm also legit annoyed that the version of Code Veronica that's coming to PS4 is the PS2 version emulated rather than the proper port they did for PS3.

That is pretty annoying but on the upside Code: Veronica is a bad game and you shouldn't be buying tons of copies of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've bought it three times already and would gladly buy it a fourth but not the PS2 one emulated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"We are giving you temporary custody of the Rabbids license until this whole takeover gets resolved."

"Do you want them back after it's done?"

"Nnnnnnnnnnnah you can keep 'em."

Other way round. This is a ubisoft developed game like the capcom zeldas or more likely the phillips zeldas because rabbits are trash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does Carl's Jr. still have the Six Dollar Burger? I remember back when it came out it was supposed to be a play on the idea that six dollars was a lot to spend on a burger and you were getting that level of quality without spending as much. At this point I assume just with inflation that their normal burgers are probably six dollars or more

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good job I was already planning on getting a burger at some point today...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looking forward to watching Sony's E3 presser in a theater like I've done the past two years... unless they stopped doing it, I dunno.

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's a 2nd-party title by Grezzo who primarily has worked on Zelda ports for Nintendo and they helped make Tri-Force Heroes

It's also headed by Koichi Ishii of Mana games fame so I'm looking forward to him having work again that isn't just a port.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Code Veronica is the best of the OG Resident Evils pre-RE4 and REmake. And is also better than all the games that came after those, too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cajun Fries at Five Guys have some of the best seasoning you can get on a fast food french fry.

Their burgers are good but nothing special, the ingredient choices are solid

The burgers were worth it like 10 years ago when they still only a DMV area chain and the burgs were $3 cheaper. Not so much anymore. The best burgers near me are at a small local diner where I can get a burg, fries, pickle, and soup for cheaper than a FG greaseball.
The fries though... you order a large and they just put a cup inside a paper bag and then fill the goddamn bag with fries. Not even sure why they bother with the cup. They take second place next to Boardwalk Fries for me.

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 6, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ace Combat 7
Battlefront II
Cyberpunk 2077 (maybe this year finally)
Death Stranding
Destiny 2
Detroit: Become Human
Dragon Quest XI
Mario Odyssey
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Last of Us 2

These all look at least interesting to me and a few feel guaranteed to be good. I think Ubisoft and EA just don't have a lot to show so numbers are down.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Sakurazuka posted:

Good job I was already planning on getting a burger at some point today...

burgers are good but not good for you

a psychoJ Health Post™

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

psychoJ posted:

burgers are good but not good for you

a psychoJ Health Post™

What about a veggie burger?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Veggie burgers kill not only your own soul, but the souls of those around you as well. Also they taste like crap and aren't real burgers.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

cover it in ketchup and mustard and various other sauces to disguise the fact you're eating a veggie burger and you're good to go

a psychoJ Health Post©

e: also just straight up don't eat veggie burgs. eat a turkey burg instead

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 6, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Veggie sausage is pretty decent, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Veggie burgers kill not only your own soul, but the souls of those around you as well. Also they taste like crap and aren't real burgers.

Are we talking straight up not even trying to hide the fact veggie burgers or ones that actually try to not be obviously veggie burgers? Because there are actually some pretty decent ones of the latter now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

psychoJ posted:

cover it in ketchup and mustard and various other sauces to disguise the fact you're eating a veggie burger and you're good to go

a psychoJ Health PostŠ

e: also just straight up don't eat veggie burgs. eat a turkey burg instead

Not very useful advice for vegetarians

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Black bean + mushroom burgers are pretty decent and very easy to make at home.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

hot take: IDGAF about vegetarians!!!!!!!!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're vegetarian, why try to recreate a dish that literally revolves around the taste of meat though? Imho veggie burgers are akin to calling a grilled eggplant "veggie steak"

Don't get me wrong, a grilled mushroom sandwich can be tasty as hell, but it's not a burger.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nasgate posted:

If you're vegetarian, why try to recreate a dish that literally revolves around the taste of meat though? Imho veggie burgers are akin to calling a grilled eggplant "veggie steak"

Don't get me wrong, a grilled mushroom sandwich can be tasty as hell, but it's not a burger.

You can toss a frozen veggie burger in a microwave or toaster oven and it'll be decent at least. Real burgers take a bit more preparation.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nasgate posted:

I don't really get mad at what peeps want to call food, sorry

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Putting Pineapple on a Veggie Burger: The Incredible True Story of Billy No-Mates

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nasgate posted:

If you're vegetarian, why try to recreate a dish that literally revolves around the taste of meat though?

most vegetarians give up meat for ethical, religious, social, or dietary reasons, not because they don't think meat is delicious

they want to do their best to reproduce the taste of meat because meat is delicious

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i expected prey 06 to be considerably less good but i'm actually having a pretty fun time with it, though it's kind of hilarious how besides the stuff that's actually kind of effectively mixed with the campy space horror aesthetic, there are clearly some attempts at serious horror that are being really badly undercut by tommy's goofy-rear end va chiming in constantly with almost nothing in the game actually responding to him so he's just having constant one-sided conversations with himself while you shoot up aliens in cool sci-fi environments. but hell, i prefer it all to fear's idea of tense horror so it's fine by me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

they want to do their best to reproduce the taste of meat because meat is delicious

Their best is always poo poo.

There are a ton of good vegan/vegetarian dishes but none of them are ones that try to replicate the taste of meat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Got to Earthen Peak on my cleric in DS2. My lightning mace indeed hits hard and true, but once in a while I find myself wishing I had something faster.

Put in the levels to use a halberd but I don't know if it's for me. Same goes for the bastard sword. It's a bit disappointing, but in a way it's rather comforting to know the mace alone shall be my light.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I pretty much used the same weapon for the whole game in every Souls title. I think I upgraded from the club to the reinforced club in DS1 but that's it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't really get mad at what peeps want to call food, sorry
I'm real mad about "people" calling Hawaiian pizza not food.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

Their best is always poo poo.

There are a ton of good vegan/vegetarian dishes but none of them are ones that try to replicate the taste of meat.

This isn't true, but this argument might actually be sillier than internet pizza arguments.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really want a burger with grilled pineapple on it now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

This isn't true, but this argument might actually be sillier than internet pizza arguments.

Are burgers sandwiches?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Andrast posted:

Are burgers sandwiches?

A) Yes, damnit

B) This is my favorite way to mess with my BFF because she never fails to rise to the bait and argue to the hills about how burgers are burgers :3:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

Are burgers sandwiches?

Refer to the sandwich alignment chart.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
t palpek or video games

what is the forum's policy on :filez: of fan-made music cds that can only be purchased at conventions

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm real mad about "people" calling Hawaiian pizza not food.

Pineapple + pepperoni is better, fight me

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

Are burgers sandwiches?
This has no single answer, it differs depending on where you live.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, a burger is cooked or fried while a sandwich is either uncooked or toasted.

Now, if you wanna get into whether hotdogs are sandwiches, things are gonna get hairy...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That definition would make something like a grilled chicken sandwich or a fish sandwich not sandwiches and they are pretty clearly sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Kins posted:

This has no single answer, it differs depending on where you live.

Personally, and this is just my opinion, a burger is cooked or fried while a sandwich is either uncooked or toasted.

Ahem. Pastrami?

• Locked thread