Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

no man, he can't guard grover's garden fortress from there

Needs more Ferengi IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

This came to mind on the subject of :grovertoot: A short photoshop later...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE
An aged Grover is seated, alone. He eats a meal. In the course of cutting his meat, he knocks a glass off the table. It shatters. Grover stares down at it for a moment, contemplative.

As he raises his eyes he sees a bed in the corner of the room; he is startled to see an elderly, infirm version of himself lying there.

Drawing on the last strength left in his elderly, ruined body this version of Grover slowly begins to rise in the bed. He only manages a few inches, his breath rasping desperately out. A withered arm rises from the bed and, with its' owner's last rattling breath, points toward the foot of the bed where a monolith lies waiting:

Floating tranquilly amongst the cosmos, ensconced in a protective bubble, a baby Grover begins to wire a garbage disposal. Roll credits.

:eyepop: Holy moly

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Freakbox posted:

:pusheen: I just noticed all those plug in sockets. I think I missed grover house, but I know the "load bearing drywall" thing. Was it that bad?

http://fishmech.info/grovercraft.htm

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

ewe2 posted:

Needs more Ferengi IMHO.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

H1KE posted:

This came to mind on the subject of :grovertoot: A short photoshop later...

And that brought this to mind

Grady: I'm sorry to differ with you, sir... but you are the contractor. You've always been the contractor. I should know, sir. I've always been here.
[Grover chuckles]
Grady: Did you know, Mr. Grover, that your son is attempting to bring an outside party into this situation? Did you know that?
Grover: No.
Grady: He is, Mr. Grover.
Grover: Who?
Grady: A building inspector.
Grover: A building inspector?
Grady: The Norfolk County building inspector.
Grover: He is a very willful boy.
Grady: Perhaps he needs a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps... a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the house at first. One of them even pulled the insulation out of the stairs. But I... corrected them, sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from adding more outlets, I... corrected her.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

And that brought this to mind

Grady: I'm sorry to differ with you, sir... but you are the contractor. You've always been the contractor. I should know, sir. I've always been here.
[Grover chuckles]
Grady: Did you know, Mr. Grover, that your son is attempting to bring an outside party into this situation? Did you know that?
Grover: No.
Grady: He is, Mr. Grover.
Grover: Who?
Grady: A building inspector.
Grover: A building inspector?
Grady: The Norfolk County building inspector.
Grover: He is a very willful boy.
Grady: Perhaps he needs a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps... a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the house at first. One of them even pulled the insulation out of the stairs. But I... corrected them, sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from adding more outlets, I... corrected her.

lmao

"stanley kubrick's groverhaus"

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
This thread is filled with glory

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was expecting a lot of things, but OP going out in a blaze of :biotruths: was not one of them.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was expecting a lot of things, but OP going out in a blaze of :biotruths: was not one of them.

realtytruth

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

bEatmstrJ posted:

This is probably a mistake but whatever. It seems we have all calmed down a bit, myself included.

:words:

I want to apologize directly to you. I shouldn't have posted your pictures in this thread. It was a lovely thing for me to do, and though I played it off like it wasn't a big deal and joked about it, I felt pretty drat guilty afterwards because it didn't pertain to the issue at hand. For that, I'm really sorry.

That said, the issue (of many) at hand is that you acted like a smug prick to the people genuinely trying to help you salvage some really bad decisions you made. Oh, and also you sound pretty sexist.

Shadowgate posted:

Maybe everyone can stop being such a loving baby and let OP document his project in the DIY forum.

But no, let's turn this into a D&D circlejerk about how much of a filthy misogynist OP because he said female. This is way more interesting and definitely not a ridiculous brigage of idiots.

Crotch Fruit posted:

I guess it's time to go start a petition to Tampax so they can rename their products as "womenen hygiene". Better go tell feminism activist to let them know how mysoginistic their term is.

Hey you guys, get this: the word "female" is an adjective, whereas "woman" and "women" are nouns. For example, "she is a woman contractor" isn't grammatically correct, as well as "all the females in this thread think you're both loving idiots."

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE
An aged Grover is seated, alone. He eats a meal. In the course of cutting his meat, he knocks a glass off the table. It shatters. Grover stares down at it for a moment, contemplative.

As he raises his eyes he sees a bed in the corner of the room; he is startled to see an elderly, infirm version of himself lying there.

Drawing on the last strength left in his elderly, ruined body this version of Grover slowly begins to rise in the bed. He only manages a few inches, his breath rasping desperately out. A withered arm rises from the bed and, with its' owner's last rattling breath, points toward the foot of the bed where a monolith lies waiting:

Floating tranquilly amongst the cosmos, ensconced in a protective bubble, a baby Grover begins to wire a garbage disposal. Roll credits.

It took me a good few moments to stop laughing. :golfclap: I wish history classes were taught like this. At least the thread is ending/mutating/changing on a good note.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

VIRGINIA, THE FUTURE

My God, it's full outlets...

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

What the gently caress happened to this thread? I bookmarked it to read later as I just got done with a kitchen and bathroom renovation myself, but should I even bother now?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yes, yes you should. Read every post, each and every one.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
It is glorious.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you make it through to the end then you get rewarded with pictures of a wonderful time capsule house.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Amazing

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

simplefish posted:

What the gently caress happened to this thread? I bookmarked it to read later as I just got done with a kitchen and bathroom renovation myself, but should I even bother now?

If you do nothing else, at least click OP's rap sheet

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

simplefish posted:

Post your pics, we need fresh blood.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

Post your pics, we need fresh blood.

Do it - all I have left is really old furniture, old China, and old Avon memorabilia. :argh: I have no idea what to do with all these Albee awards and gone with the wind figurines, goddamnit.

I swear I'm the only 29 year old I know with a china cabinet and a credenza. :gonk:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 7, 2017

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is this where I post pictures of my shower curtain bathroom

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Unfinished utility room

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Here's my bathroom

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I tried to open the shower curtain but the world's longest buttplug fell down and stopped being a curtain rod

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So as far as the resale value goes, is this a 1/4 bath or a 1/3 bath

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

thecluckmeme posted:

So as far as the resale value goes, is this a 1/4 bath or a 1/3 bath

That trashcan really needs muppet eyes. It would increase the resale value exponentially.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Trixie the trashcan. Liven up that bathroom.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm playing with Microsoft caption bot this morning, an AI that is learning about pictures and giving them captions.
Here's an example image:

I did the needful.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Give that poor AI its five stars.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If you put a grill over a tire fire, sure, you could cook on it... Yeah, close enough, give it five stars

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm playing with Microsoft caption bot this morning, an AI that is learning about pictures and giving them captions.
Here's an example image:

I did the needful.

:laffo:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Amazing.

What are the slats on the ladder? Insulation?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Amazing.

What are the slats on the ladder? Insulation?

yes

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Give that poor AI its five stars.

Oh, don't worry. I :five:ed.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 7, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

simplefish posted:

depends, how many code violations did you intentionally do while remodeling

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

simplefish posted:

Post your thoughts on how men and women are different when you get done

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Post your thoughts on how men and women are different when you get done

Men remodel like this.
Females remodel like THIS.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ratbert90 posted:

Men remodel like this.
Females remodel like THIS.

Females don't actually remodel, they just approve/reject.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

i'm pretty sure everyone's grandma made one of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Freakbox posted:

ACTUAL QUESTION, THOUGH: my bathroom has a crack in it! I noticed it when I moved and it hasn't grown yet, but the tile has a hairline in it. Did the house sink? It's been very rainy the last decade in tulsa. I'm just learning home diy and have no idea what to do. :ohdear:

-

While I can't say for sure, my guess is that its just something got banged in to those tiles. If it was settling, you would likely see the cracks in the grout between tiles, looking something like a staircase. The crack would go down, then turn 90* then down then 90* and so on.

I've seen a ton of houses that were settling at a corner or two, and you see that sort of thing in the mortar in between bricks. Never remember seeing a brick that was cracked from that.

• Locked thread