Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

McSpanky posted:

I have no opinion about the broader FGC, I just wanted Punk to shove his "whine about everything under the sun except his own ability causing his 10-0 loss" schtick up his rear end. That isn't trash talking, it's just being bitchmade about getting wrecked. Being the Andy Dick of gamers is a lovely "brand", don't defend that garbage just because he has skills.

he was joking. he was literally smiling and laughing the whole time he was making excuses, and the crowd was laughing alongside him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
all these posts and i thought "hey maybe someone got into wb's poo poo and leaked the rest of the dlc" but no its a long derail about how the FGC is poo poo.

also don't watch any fighting game streams as the chat is 100% of the time poo poo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What fighting game Twitch broadcasters do you all like? The only one I am familiar with is maximilian_dood but I want to find more, especially if they are planning on being dedicated to this game.

I like Sonicfox's streams (https://www.twitch.tv/zsonicfox). Its obviously cool to watch the best NRS player in the world do his thing, but he runs more extended sets against other good players than I've seen other streamers do, which is neat. He also plays Skullgirls and Melty Blood which are rad games.

RicoSuave (https://www.twitch.tv/imricosuave) was a really good IJ1 Black Adam player that mostly does net play. He said that he's going to take IJ2 really seriously. Mani (https://www.twitch.tv/aulmani) invites other good players to play over pretty frequently (when MKX was brand new his streams were the best to watch imo), but as a person he's pretty obnoxious so YMMV.

I don't know anything about the NRS community or its players really, so when the IJ2 beta was going on I just followed the game on Twitch and watched whoever's name I recognized from tournaments or whoever had more than a handful of viewers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I said come in! posted:

What fighting game Twitch broadcasters do you all like? The only one I am familiar with is maximilian_dood but I want to find more, especially if they are planning on being dedicated to this game.

Max is alright in moderation, Aris used to be more fun to watch but he's gotten progressively more annoying about just making GBS threads on every game even if joking, Rip/Reepal is a cool and friendly dude, Floe's fun if you can deal with him.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Anyone who played in the beta, what did you think about Atrocitus? I love Dex-Starr but do you think the actual character is decent?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Anyone who played in the beta, what did you think about Atrocitus? I love Dex-Starr but do you think the actual character is decent?

everyone was making GBS threads on him. seems like he was the worst character in the beta

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Well I haven't personally played the beta but from what I know and what people have talked about, a lot of people directly compare him to War God Kotal in MKX. Bunch of long range advancing mid strings, can use dex-starr to make unsafe strings safe on block with the trait laser. Bit of a 50/50 game with the one string that ends in overhead/overhead, as you can cancel the first overhead into the special low bloodnado.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

everyone was making GBS threads on him. seems like he was the worst character in the beta

Honestly I kind of put that down to him being a new character, up against like the two dumbest mainstays from the first game who were pretty much the same as they were.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HebrewMagic posted:

Lmao dude imagine taking any argument made about people being assholes and turning it into "but they sure did make this game rad"

Hitler really improved germany's infrastructure

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

he was joking. he was literally smiling and laughing the whole time he was making excuses, and the crowd was laughing alongside him

Either you're right or he was lamely trying to play off getting destroyed while the crowd laughed at him, either way that supposedly friendly exhibition match was an unpleasant watch and his gimmick blows.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm thinking of picking this up on release but I'm wondering what kind of longevity the Injustice and Mortal Kombat X player bases had. There's nothing worse than buying a multiplayer game and having the matchmaking dry up a month later.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

People are still playing MKX. I imagine this game will have an online community for a while. It has really good netcode which helps with longevity.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I got MKX way too late and feel like everyone would wreck me, still good game though

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm thinking of picking this up on release but I'm wondering what kind of longevity the Injustice and Mortal Kombat X player bases had. There's nothing worse than buying a multiplayer game and having the matchmaking dry up a month later.

You will be able to find players at all times of day, every day, until the next big NRS game, guaranteed. NRS playerbase is always quite large.

*ed*

Although if you got the choice get it on ps4 as that's where the bulk of the community is going to be.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 7, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah generally with Netherrealm games the community is big and healthy until a sequel comes and then kind of migrate to that as a whole. which isn't a bad thing, it means stuff stays fresh and you always get a solid number of years out of each title without the meta getting stale

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Any word if there will be another WB account needed for special unlocks (that we can all share again hopefully)? :awesomelon:

For what it's worth regarding the FGC thing, I've already turned off my ability to receive messages from strangers for NRS releases as it had become too distracting. I end up laughing too much about how much effort people will put into letting you know that you only won because reasons. Not even valid complaints about a legitimate imbalance or something, just "gently caress u u block too much kys hope you die bicth"

Used to respond with a "you mad" and watch the inevitable mini-series worth of messages but I've caught myself sometimes spending more time reading than playing the drat game and as of Injustice 1 I've turned it off altogether - friends only.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

KOMI posted:

Any word if there will be another WB account needed for special unlocks (that we can all share again hopefully)? :awesomelon:

I'd say the chances are pretty high, they got a pretty good bit of mileage out of it on MKX and it's not like they got a bad response.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So long as the goon rooms can maintain some semblance of decency I'll be happy. Even I'll acknowledge that there is a difference between the enthusiasts and the random dipshits you'll find online.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They've already announced that there's a Grid Premier Skin for Cyborg that you unlock via the mobile game, so odds are good there's more of that kind of thing going in both directions

People should be aware that NRS has cracked down somewhat on shared accounts though and tends to ban them if they're used on more than like 3 or 4 different people's XBLA/PSN accounts now though

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Aren't the mobile unlocks usually literally just attach an account or punch a dude 6 times, I don't recall mkx's being particularly herculean

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Evil Canadian posted:

And for those not in the more competitive side of things, Punk, the current top sf5 player was ballying about how he can body all NRS players for free, including sonic fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wR_jtUg0A

Someone took him up on it, and Punk got 10-0'ed in a first to 10 so that's always fun.

As a wrestling fan, I can appreciate a situation where a loudmouth named Punk moves to a very different format and gets his rear end completely handed to him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HebrewMagic posted:

Aren't the mobile unlocks usually literally just attach an account or punch a dude 6 times, I don't recall mkx's being particularly herculean

Some of them were kind of obnoxious, I think one of the Injustice 1 mobile unlocks for console required you complete every level in the game (as of launch) which is a long and tedious process. Some were kind of grindy, like needing to get a Batman card for yourself in mobile to unlock the Batman Beyond costume on console, which was either a random drop or a toooooon of currency in the shop

But a good chunk were pretty simple stuff

Grid seems to just be a reward for linking accounts in I2 mobile for example, but i'm sure there's going to be some other really annoying to get stuff considering how grindy the NRS mobile games tend to be

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There's lots of really bad opinions on this page and the last one

For post content what's the current roster looking like? Is it diverse featuring new and old characters or is it pulling an mvci and only using characters from the cinematic universe for maximum cash in bucks

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/CameronBowen/status/860582898507718656

Weird decision to pick Tim's VA for Jason

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

There's lots of really bad opinions on this page and the last one

For post content what's the current roster looking like? Is it diverse featuring new and old characters or is it pulling an mvci and only using characters from the cinematic universe for maximum cash in bucks

There's a few obvious TV tie-in characters, but there's also Gorilla Grodd and Swamp Thing and Blue Beetle and also Sub Zero is there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah not to mention out of nowhere picks like Polka Dot Man and Doll Man. Looking forward to the combo potential Red Bee brings to the table

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

of the 16 or so new characters, the grand majority are pretty good. Captain Cold, Dr. Fate, and Cheetah are probably my favorites though Damian is a really great "ninja" character and hopefully Atrocitus is good too--he reminds me of Goro, who sadly got hosed due to slow combos and other factors.

Out of the gate I think people will want to discover who kicks Supergirl/Man's asses and also who will be best at dealing with Deadshot and Doctor Fate. I'm guessing just by his traps, Captain Cold will be a good pick and Cheetah will be a great counterpick as a rushdown versus big boys like Darkseid and Bane. Green Lantern might become a good beginner character solely for his well-balanced mix of projectiles, good combos, simple powerup ability, and safe command throw. I loving hated Lantern in the last game due to his clunky moves altogether but he looks much better now.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Some of them were kind of obnoxious, I think one of the Injustice 1 mobile unlocks for console required you complete every level in the game (as of launch) which is a long and tedious process. Some were kind of grindy, like needing to get a Batman card for yourself in mobile to unlock the Batman Beyond costume on console, which was either a random drop or a toooooon of currency in the shop

But a good chunk were pretty simple stuff

Grid seems to just be a reward for linking accounts in I2 mobile for example, but i'm sure there's going to be some other really annoying to get stuff considering how grindy the NRS mobile games tend to be

Wasn't the Batman Beyond one iOS only as well? I remember trying to figure out how to unlock in the extra costumes and a handful of them said iOS only on the sites that I was reading. It's possible that that's wrong, I never really tried unlocking them after reading that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crowetron posted:

There's a few obvious TV tie-in characters, but there's also Gorilla Grodd and Swamp Thing and Blue Beetle and also Sub Zero is there.

if they wanna do a TV tie-in they should do Rip Hunter and justify my love of maybe the dumbest DC TV show.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the rundown on the game's IAP currency, "Source Crystals": http://support.wbgames.com/link/portal/24022/24028/Article/1470/Source-Crystals-FAQ-for-Injustice-2

quote:

Source Crystals FAQ for Injustice 2

Source Crystals are a new type of currency available in Injustice 2 that are used to purchase cosmetic features for characters. Source Crystals can be purchased using real money but aren’t required to progress or advance in the game and can’t be used to purchase Gear or an advantage in gameplay. We value our community and want to be clear – you cannot “pay to win” with Injustice 2.

Source Crystals can only be used to purchase cosmetic adjustments to your fighters, Premiere character Skins with no gameplay advantage, and various Shaders for character costumes.

You can also Transform Gear with Source Crystals. Transform Gear allows you to apply the visuals of one piece of Gear to another piece. For example, if you have a piece of Gear with your perfect stat loadout but it doesn’t have your perfect look, you can apply the visuals from one of your other pieces of Gear to it. After using Transform Gear, your Gear piece will have your preferred stats matched with your preferred visuals.

Source Crystals offer more opportunities to customize your fighters that won’t affect gameplay or game progression. The cosmetic adjustments to your characters are for you own personal preference of how you want your fighters to look, and can add details to your characters overall appearance.

Character Shaders offer a wide range of color combinations for your character Gear. Premiere Skins will change your character’s look from top to bottom. For example, you can change Supergirl into Powergirl, but the power and stats of the character are still based on Gear equipment that you’ve earned through playing the game. The Premiere Skin change is only visual.

Source Crystals can help you save time in the game. For example, once you level a character up to Level 20, you can use Source Crystals to level up other characters to 20. This is optional and won’t affect gameplay or game progression.

Source Crystals can be purchased in the PlayStation and Xbox One Stores.

Source Crystal FAQ:

What are Source Crystals and how do I earn them?
Source Crystals are in-game currency that can be purchased for real money through the PSN and Xbox One stores. They’re used to purchase visuals or time savers for the game only.

What can I get with Source Crystals?
You can purchase Premiere Skins for select characters, Shaders for character costumes, and the ability to take a character to level 20 after you’ve leveled up a character to 20 prior. You can also unlock Transform Gear with Source Crystals allowing you to combine and forge Gear for your characters.

Do I have to pay for Source Crystals?
Yes, real money is used to purchase Source Crystals.

What do you mean when you say Source Crystals can save time?
After you’ve leveled a character up to the max level of 20, you can use Source Crystals to take another character of your choosing to level 20. This can only be done if you already have a character at level 20. Also, some Premiere Skins and Shaders are unlockable in the game via gameplay or if you want to save time, you can purchase them directly with Source Crystals.

Do Source Crystals give me an advantage in the game?
No, Source Crystals will not give you or other players an advantage in the game. They are used for cosmetic options and time saving purposes only. To be clear, we value our community and want to confirm that you cannot “pay to win” in Injustice 2.

How much do Source Crystals cost?
Prices for Source Crystals will be communicated at a later date.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So the game's got loot boxes, but you cannot buy them at all. You can buy purely cosmetic stuff directly and nothing else.

This is a good way to do it.

Too bad the mobile game won't follow suit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm aces with everything they said, gotta play for actual lootboxes but if I wanna make Batman a pretty doll I need to pay a bit, that's fine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah not to mention out of nowhere picks like Polka Dot Man and Doll Man. Looking forward to the combo potential Red Bee brings to the table

I am awful at fighting games and so rarely buy them but I would buy ten copies of a game that featured loving Red Bee

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Source crystals seem completely and utterly fair as a microtransaction. Good on 'em.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pam looks pretty fun! I might play her... Hmmm!!

Also just got the e-mail from amazon confirming release day delivery :getin:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.injustice.com/esports

Here's the big promotional tournament for IJ2, happening across NA, EU and Latin America, combined $600k prize money.

The MKX tournament series they ran were well-produced and seemingly well-run but it seemed like hardly anyone watched them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://www.injustice.com/esports

Here's the big promotional tournament for IJ2, happening across NA, EU and Latin America, combined $600k prize money.

The MKX tournament series they ran were well-produced and seemingly well-run but it seemed like hardly anyone watched them.

This sound rad. Thank god the online tournament is being run on PS4 this time.

fadam fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 8, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

This sound rad. Thank god the online tournament is being run on PS4 this time.

Already multiple online tournaments up and ready(for ps4), that just the official warner one now.

No Canada dates for physical events, but there's a date for Russia and Austria? :argh:

I wonder how they will do online ones(since I can at least enter those). It states they will be spread out over two days so surely the logistics are a nightmare since there would be thousands of people entering each one. Unless they will just do something boneheaded like capcom and its just a lottery/capped event first come first serve to get in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr Fate lookin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mr. Fate.

• Locked thread