Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Rock Dog is a prequel to Rock And Rule, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hedrigall posted:

Rock Dog is a prequel to Rock And Rule, right?

It's a sequel to Cop Dog but a prequel to Cop Rock.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Guy Mann posted:

It's a sequel to Cop Dog but a prequel to Cop Rock.

Ah yes, and that series recently had the direct to DVD spinoff Cop Rophage

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I like the fact that the creators put in subtle Easter eggs that only work if you've seen both Cop Rock and Fish Police, finally confirming that they both exist in the same universe.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I recently watched some reviews of a movie called Starchaser, and aside from the obvious Star Wars parallels, it looks pretty harmless and just okay. Anyone else have any opinions on this movie?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

I recently watched some reviews of a movie called Starchaser, and aside from the obvious Star Wars parallels, it looks pretty harmless and just okay. Anyone else have any opinions on this movie?

Isn't that thing infamous for having a sexualized female version of C3PO who the "hero" molests in an extended sequence?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

21 Muns posted:

Isn't that thing infamous for having a sexualized female version of C3PO who the "hero" molests in an extended sequence?

Programmed for every language but love... :saddowns:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
PS I couldn't finish the Ducktales movie, it was really bad.

What should I watch tonight? I'm thinking Fox and the Hound or My Neighbour Totoro.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

PS I couldn't finish the Ducktales movie, it was really bad.

What should I watch tonight? I'm thinking Fox and the Hound or My Neighbour Totoro.

Neither, you need to watch the first 50 episodes of Xiao Yang Yang

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Neither, you need to watch the first 50 episodes of Xiao Yang Yang

Is that a retelling of journey to the west

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Is that a retelling of journey to the west

Nope, its a kids cartoon where you learn that an idealized chinese husband is an anthropomorphic wolf who engineers hundreds of nonfunctional device to murder sheep who are legally distinct from the Smurfs, because his wife asked him to.

Holy gently caress there are 1522 episodes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I didn't realize China had media properties that weren't retellings of Journey to the West.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm gonna give that a hard pass

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Watch Buddy Thunderstruck if you haven't, it's wonderfully gay and wholesome.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Of course they have other stories, how else could they show how much they hate Japan?

The Girl from Shanghai is one of those and is not a bad animated film but Id be hard pressed to really recommend it

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I'm gonna give that a hard pass

Watch a Shawn the Sheep movie and/or a couple of episodes. You'll be pleasantly surprised, I think. They're funny as hell.

You could always watch someone fight a deer -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Et0a8fnuw

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 9, 2017

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Do what I do, make a short mixed list of things you want to watch, things you've been putting off watching, and things you don't want to watch picked out by a terrible friend, and then roll a die to determine which thing you get to see.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

I have been, I'm 4 episodes in :3:

It's super dumb but cute

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I didn't realize China had media properties that weren't retellings of Journey to the West.

This time it's a grim and gritty re-imagining where they go to the East.

The_Doctor posted:

Every time I see that title I can't help but think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkAUFeOyf6s

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Silver Snail posted:

Do what I do, make a short mixed list of things you want to watch, things you've been putting off watching, and things you don't want to watch picked out by a terrible friend, and then roll a die to determine which thing you get to see.

Oh I do, my life is lists upon lists. I have notebooks full of lists, about a million scrap paper lists shoved in my phone case, documents full of lists on my computer, and more...

Here's one I made a while ago for animated films I want to watch, with first watches and rewatches combined (I removed the ones I've seen recently)

Oh and ones recommended by this thread earlier at the end there :3:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Oh I do, my life is lists upon lists. I have notebooks full of lists, about a million scrap paper lists shoved in my phone case, documents full of lists on my computer, and more...

Here's one I made a while ago for animated films I want to watch, with first watches and rewatches combined (I removed the ones I've seen recently)

You still haven't watched Ernest & Celestine? :smh:

edit: or Rabbi's Cat?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

You still haven't watched Ernest & Celestine? :smh:

edit: or Rabbi's Cat?

Look I only have so many hours in the week between my constant repeat viewings of Zootopia work and home life and other commitments

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

Look I only have so many hours in the week between my constant repeat viewings of Zootopia work and home life and other commitments

Watch it tonight.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Watch it tonight.

Watch zootopia again tonight, got it

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Hedrigall posted:

The Dofus movie/series was really charming and adorable and more people need to watch it.

Edit: Watch that one if you're still looking for ideas.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 9, 2017

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Hedrigall posted:

Watch zootopia again tonight, got it

You really should take the time to watch Ernest & Celestine. It's a fantastic film and you are really missing out.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Guys I'm joking, come on, Ernest & Celestine is on the list I just posted screenshots of

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Okay I'm home and snug in PJs, got the house to myself tonight, let the double quadruple? creature feature of Fox & Hound & Ernest & Celestine begin! :munch:

edit: Mickey Rooney and Kurt Russell? :aaaaa:

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 9, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedrigall posted:

I have been, I'm 4 episodes in :3:

It's super dumb but cute

It gets super gay by the end of the series. Surprisingly so.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

It gets super gay by the end of the series. Surprisingly so.

That's the best magnitude of gay

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This horror-movie subplot with the birds trying to murder the terrified caterpillar is a bit weird

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Man, all y'all with your earth exploding trauma thing, well mine is "saying goodbye to an animal forever". This movie is hard to watch :cry: :qq: :cry:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
67 years on this earth and I finally got my mother to watch Bambi this year. She will still not watch Fox and the Hound, though.
She is in fact adamant about dying without seeing it. :qq:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Pick posted:

What's everybody's dream cel? What's the cel that's out there you dream of owning? Anybody? (Assuming you can't resell it for cash money)

Das Boo posted:

67 years on this earth and I finally got my mother to watch Bambi this year. She will still not watch Fox and the Hound, though.
She is in fact adamant about dying without seeing it. :qq:

It does have a happy ending :unsmith:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Fox and the Hound was the one movie that made me break down crying as a kid.

I think it had my mother legitimately concerned.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Hedrigall posted:

It does have a happy ending :unsmith:

gently caress Fox & the Hound! To this day I always start crying just as soon as the first song hits and I'm a tear fest until the end. :cry:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:sympathy:

In happier films: Oh my god, Ernest & Celestine is adorable and heart-warming. I can really relate to Ernest :kiddo:

I watched the French version, but now I need to get the bluray so I can see the English dub. Then I'll watch it again in French with my boyfriend!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Desperado Bones posted:

gently caress Fox & the Hound!

"gently caress Fox & the Hound" is the kind of film Pick doesn't like us talking about in this thread

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I remember walking in on my mother sobbing her eyes out at Spirit SotC, when she was all loopy from some very strong painkillers. She cried at Spirit being born, being captured, the eagle's eyes as "the ultimate symbol of American Freedom watches the personification of the Old West get dragged away in chains", the bit where Rain gets shot, the ENTIRE train scene from start to finish, when Little Creek lets Rain go and when he names Spirit.

(I only cried at two of those :colbert:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

General are u ok