Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like C because it's always cool when robots throw away their shields and big guns to do the final intense battle

https://twitter.com/marikotohno/status/782793798992687104

Edeit: Hell yeah what a page snipe

Droyer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like C because it's always cool when robots throw away their shields and big guns to do the final intense battle

I've always thought that was similar to how batters always throw the bat away when they charge the mound. They're both for show!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

I've always thought that was similar to how batters always throw the bat away when they charge the mound. They're both for show!

Like legs!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

That and charging the mound with your bat is an easy way to ensure you get into an insane amount of trouble.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

That and charging the mound with your bat is an easy way to ensure you get into an insane amount of trouble.

If the batter was serious about hurting the pitcher why would he throw away a great tool that he's already holding? It's just a stunt.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hopefully, this will be to the Try OVA as Build Fighters was to Try.

You're forgetting that while the Try OVA had much better character interaction, the big fight was still crap.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I didn't vote for poo poo because I'm gonna get this digital. I think A was my favorite though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just finished zeta gundam. that got kinda dark at the end, huh. not that the rest of the show was all fun times or w/e but they stepped it up a notch for the finale

I do not understand newtype powers at all. better communication equals using the souls of the dead to power giant robots and stealing peoples' souls? well if you say so

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just wait until you hit Char's Counterattack and Unicorn.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're forgetting that while the Try OVA had much better character interaction, the big fight was still crap.

The Try OVA was poo poo, like Try was poo poo. Build Fighters was good, so the hope is that the BF OVA will be good.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm still really disappointed by this. They had a whole OVA to tell any story they wanted, and the final episode of Try was really fun and good. They could have done more of that(a big FFA between all the cast, or a minor 1v1 spinoff tournament where they all fight each other) and it would have been a really great OVA. Instead, someone bleated "people like GBF, let's just do the final episode of GBF again" and then threw in a return to the bad old days of everyone becoming power up parts for Sekai for good measure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

I'm still really disappointed by this. They had a whole OVA to tell any story they wanted, and the final episode of Try was really fun and good. They could have done more of that(a big FFA between all the cast, or a minor 1v1 spinoff tournament where they all fight each other) and it would have been a really great OVA. Instead, someone bleated "people like GBF, let's just do the final episode of GBF again" and then threw in a return to the bad old days of everyone becoming power up parts for Sekai for good measure.

The finale of Try tanked itself with the timeskip.

"Yay, we beat the Nationals!"

"...What World Cup? It's several months later and we're preparing for the next Nationals tournament! :downs:"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just wait until you hit Char's Counterattack and Unicorn.

ok I watched char's counterattack

I am a little mystified by the ending (not even just the magic t-block or aurora. did they die at the end?), plus bright your son sucks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The second season scaling back heavily in skill was always a weird idea, especially when they try to build up the antagonists as big shots in the gbf world.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I am a little mystified by the ending (not even just the magic t-block or aurora. did they die at the end?), plus bright your son sucks

Char and Amuro were listed as just "MiA" after Char's Counterattack, as a just-in-case button on Sunrise's part.

(Spoilers for Unicorn here, but not really significant ones) But given the ghosts of Amuro, Char, and IIRC Lalah are all present in the final ep of Unicorn ushering Full Frontal off, they're pretty officially dead at this point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

The second season scaling back heavily in skill was always a weird idea, especially when they try to build up the antagonists as big shots in the gbf world.

Yeah, they just all came off as egotistical little shits in the end. If only because we've all seen the kind of players that regularly reach the World Tournament solo and they would quite likely gently caress them all up for a morning warmup. Nevermind the fact they actually had personalities. And actually enjoyed playing Gunpla Battle.

Don't forget the finals turning into "Nuh-UH, I am going to be the one that fights Sekai" right off the bat, instead of any interest in their actual opponent. :rolleyes::fh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

The ending of CCA is open to a lot of interpretation, but basically the unified wills of everyone trying to save the Earth resonated in the Nu Gundam's psycoframe(mysterious material that can channel newtype powers) and allowed Amuro to perform the impossible miracle of pushing Axis back and saving the world, creating the glowing aurora in the process that became a pivotal moment in the UC timeline known as the Axis Shock. The magic t-block is the original psycoframe sample that Chan was working with in the process of working on the Nu Gundam.

As for whether or not they died, it's deliberately left open to speculation(and directly addressed in Unicorn later), but Char and Amuro never appear as living people again in the UC timeline so regardless of what happened they are for all intents and purposes dead.

Bright's son is a direct product of Bright being a lovely, awful, neglectful father. He's exactly like Quess in that he's a child who was completely abandoned and ignored by people who should have been there to help and guide them and thus ended up lashing out at the world in an awful manner because of it.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So does G Gundam have the weakest ending credits sequence of any Gundam show? The endlessly zooming in on Rain's distorted earring is so boring.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The second g gundam ed is the same thing but a different image. It's infinitely more hilarious due to the image used and the song going with it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Wings ed is always a little dissapointing compared to the ops

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wing op 1 starting like a dance party is my favorite thing

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The wing ops are good, but they're nothing compared to that ost. Good god it was fantastic. Almost every single track was great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rhythm Emotion is the best Gundam OP of all time.

I saw a poll at ANN and it finished third or fourth behind Just Communication and IBO.

What a bad poll

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hold a soft spot for 0083's first ed.
I'm not looking for a love affair...

0080's ed is just a gut punch though, thanks to the war photographs motif they use.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Rhythm Emotion is definitely one of the best animated Gundam ops. The animation in it is just so clean and it has my bae Relena featured.

I love Tsuki no Mayu from Turn A but Yoko Kanno stuff always feels like cheating.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm also a huge sucker for a mecha head looking up and then the eyes start glowing, so rhythm emotions owns just for having that bit.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rhythm Emotion (Wing 2)
Toki Wo Koete (Zeta #1)
The Winner (0083 #1)
Anime Ja Nai (ZZ)
Fly Gundam (MSG)

That's the list

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find the op and ed for 08th MS team to be a little sappy. The opening isn't bad, but it's a bit dull while the ed sucks

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Rhythm Emotion (Wing 2)
Toki Wo Koete (Zeta #1)
The Winner (0083 #1)
Anime Ja Nai (ZZ)
Fly Gundam (MSG)

That's the list

both zeta and ZZ's second op are far better then their first

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
G Reco's ending was awesome and should have been the opening.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kanos posted:

Bright's son is a direct product of Bright being a lovely, awful, neglectful father. He's exactly like Quess in that he's a child who was completely abandoned and ignored by people who should have been there to help and guide them and thus ended up lashing out at the world in an awful manner because of it.

I personally don't think Quess' issues are that she was abandoned. Adaneur doesn't seem like a neglectful father, just someone she doesn't respect and views as weak and ineffectual and who she seeks to replace with Amuro and then Char as paternal figures she views as strong and could respect instead.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Harlock posted:

Rhythm Emotion (Wing 2)
Toki Wo Koete (Zeta #1)
The Winner (0083 #1)
Anime Ja Nai (ZZ)
Fly Gundam (MSG)

That's the list

No Ash Like Snow (00 #2)? Boooo.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

tsob posted:

I personally don't think Quess' issues are that she was abandoned. Adaneur doesn't seem like a neglectful father, just someone she doesn't respect and views as weak and ineffectual and who she seeks to replace with Amuro and then Char as paternal figures she views as strong and could respect instead.

She's not abandoned in the literal sense; this is shown pretty clearly by her father literally sending the cops to bring her home when she was hanging out with her hippie friends. She's abandoned in an emotional sense because her father doesn't give a poo poo about her feelings or what she thinks; this is shown pretty clearly by her father literally sending the cops to bring her home when she was hanging out with her hippie friends and him not giving a poo poo why she was out there in the first place. I agree that one aspect of her issues is seeking a stronger father figure to look up to, and this isn't even subtle because her father's primary characterization is "spineless appeaser".

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I mean, you can have problems with Turn A's story or its mecha design, but if you have problems with its' music I just don't think there's any helping you. Same with 0083's, which are so goddamn eighties action movie that it's kinda painful.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bloody Pom posted:

No Ash Like Snow (00 #2)? Boooo.
00's OP2 and OP3 are great.

The best ED in recent history is probably Age's first one imo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Muffinlord posted:

I mean, you can have problems with Turn A's story or its mecha design

No you can't :colbert:

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Guy Goodbody posted:

No you can't :colbert:

Well, I can't, but I suppose out there is some theoretical human being who could.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

00's OP2 and OP3 are great.

The best ED in recent history is probably Age's first one imo.

When Orphan's Tears and G no Senko exist?

Come on, man.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Turn A Turn starts with Mongolian throat singing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Somewhat of a long shot, but does anyone know where I might be able to purchase this heat hawk guitar?

I've only found a single ebay auction from a while ago. Yahoo auctions has nothing, or I'm not entering the correct search term.

I have a strong feeling I saw this when I was in Japan a while ago. How could I reach out to someone living there to find, purchase, and ship this to me?