Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

As true today as it was when it was written.

I didn't know you disliked rad football mans doing ridiculous circus poo poo.

I didn't know that about you Pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kalli posted:

Aaron Hernandez now officially innocent

I have seen that a lot of people are very very angry that this man killed himself so that his family would still be able to have money.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I have seen that a lot of people are very very angry that this man killed himself so that his family would still be able to have money.

They're just mad he didn't get 1) Raped in prison and 2) Executed.

Edit: I mean the general public, not TFF

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crunkjuice posted:

So do the Patriots owe his estate any contract money now?

Maybe?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Crunkjuice posted:

So do the Patriots owe his estate any contract money now?

Almost certainly not. He violated his contract a whole bunch of different ways when he was cut.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I just think it's pretty funny how people can make the leap in logic from "this man killed people" to "gently caress THAT 4YR OLD KID. SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT SHE WAS GETTING INTO WHEN SHE WAS BEING BORN."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Aaron Hernandez is scum. hth

His family is probably alright, except it's very likely he was abused by someone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress the Falcons.

You had that game man.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Spintzel posted:

That statues pretty dope but based on how the Georgia dome faired i wouldn't be surprised to see that statue be a falling apart mess in like a year

I'm the last person to defend the Georgia Dome but that thing was like 30 years old and was used for everything from Football to motocross, concerts and a ton of other stuff. They got pretty good use out of it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

gently caress the Falcons.

You had that game man.

:same:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I thought Kyle Shanahan was pretty rad until he stopped running the ball.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I thought Kyle Shanahan was pretty rad until he stopped running the ball.

:same:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Chilichimp posted:

Julio can be cool sometimes.

Everyone else though ehhhh.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Julio can be cool sometimes.

Everyone else though ehhhh.

Did you even watch last season? Or are you just PTSD after that NFCCG?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

weird Asian candy posted:

Matt Ryan could turn into the next Mike Vick but I'll still never be able to not associate him with that weird middle aged dad fanfic thing from a few years ago.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Matt Ryan could turn into the next Mike Vick but I'll still never be able to not associate him with that weird middle aged dad fanfic thing from a few years ago.

Maybe if he showed off his fake wrestling belt after a cool play?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Maybe if he showed off his fake wrestling belt after a cool play?

Couldn't hurt :shrug:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Eehh I think most of us realized we were heading into a pretty savage rear end whoopin going into that game given how our corners couldn't stop a grandma from scoring. I was just amazed we made it there to begin with. That said yeah I don't see the boring thing last season, it was pretty fun to watch that offense do its thing.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Fair enough.

I am just a little resentful that after so many years of having an actual boring team, now that we don't have one I need people to recognize it so I can feel accepted into the cool teams football community :smith:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pops Mgee posted:

Tell that to Stephen Tulloch and Lamarr Houston

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

whypick1 posted:

Tell that to Stephen Tulloch and Lamarr Houston

Hahha poo poo I stand corrected.

Also I think the Falcons would benefit from a little rebranding with the new stadium and stuff. #riseup and the Matty Ice nickname are still pretty lame.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I just think it's pretty funny how people can make the leap in logic from "this man killed people" to "gently caress THAT 4YR OLD KID. SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT SHE WAS GETTING INTO WHEN SHE WAS BEING BORN."

Or maybe they think his victims deserve any money left in his estate more than his child.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Or maybe they think his victims deserve any money left in his estate more than his child.

it's almost like the 4yr old kid is also a loving victim or something and not a murderer

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Aaron Hernandez now officially innocent

Must be bittersweet since he now will cost you cap space that you're not using anyway

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Turdsdown Tom posted:

it's almost like the 4yr old kid is also a loving victim or something and not a murderer

You have a point. She is also a family member affected by someone Aaron Hernandez killed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Supposedly there's no money left anyway. Blood from a stone, etc, etc.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PTSD? I'm so cynical about annual Packers playoff hopes at this point that getting sent home by a blowout loss rather than some kind of hysterical overtime heartbreaker is a nice change of pace. :smithicide:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

PTSD? I'm so cynical about annual Packers playoff hopes at this point that getting sent home by a blowout loss rather than some kind of hysterical overtime heartbreaker is a nice change of pace. :smithicide:

Well my boy have I the story for you...you see it all started when the 4th quarter began...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

I am just a little resentful that after so many years of having an actual boring team, now that we don't have one I need people to recognize it so I can feel accepted into the cool teams football community :smith:

There is no cool teams football community. There are only scrappy losers too non-threatening to hate, and winners who are feared and viciously hated by everyone else.

If the Falcons keep torching the NFC for a few more years everyone will hate them no matter how many 360 noscope spinkick headshot catches Julio makes.

Though if the Pats turn into instant trash in 2017 I expect the "we still hate you" hangover for the Patriots to last until like... 2057 or so.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 9, 2017

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ice Fist posted:

Last year was fun as hell and this one will be too

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

Though if the Pats turn into instant trash in 2017 I expect the "we still hate you" hangover for the Patriots to last until like... 2057 or so.

I'm really angry about the Raiders being maybe good again and they've been actually seriously good like three times during my lifetime. One of those was when I was 5 years old.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fair enough.

Look man I can sit here and tell you how exciting it is to watch Philip Rivers or Joey Bosa but to a Packers fan or a Giants fan or a Panthers fan, the Chargers are just some afc team that they never see play.

Most teams are like this to some degree including yours

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 9, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Must be bittersweet since he now will cost you cap space that you're not using anyway

That was rumored by... I presume PFT, but it's almost certainly not true. Here's three minutes of lawyer talk about it:

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2017/04/21/aaron-hernandez-patriots-money-suicide

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

There is no cool teams football community. There are only scrappy losers too non-threatening to hate, and winners who are feared and viciously hated by everyone else.

If the Falcons keep torching the NFC for a few more years everyone will hate them no matter how many 360 noscope spinkick headshot catches Julio makes.

Even if the Pats disintegrate next year it's a safe assumption that Brady, Gronk and Belichick will be around in the public eye to various levels, while other guys are likely to worm their way into media like Edelman and people still loving hate the Cowboys, and Patriots fans, while way less numerous can definitely pull off as annoying as a mid 90's Cowboys fan.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I would personally rather the family of his victim have the money than his family. His fiancee knew what kind of person he was.

I don't blame the daughter but a lot of people don't inherit money so idk

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pops Mgee posted:

Oh lord that was priceless.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

Hahha poo poo I stand corrected.

Also I think the Falcons would benefit from a little rebranding with the new stadium and stuff. #riseup and the Matty Ice nickname are still pretty lame.

You don't have to listen to the gospel choir commercials on the radio where they sing Rise-Up, so I don't need any lip from you about how lame it is as an abstract.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Someone post the Matt Ryan thing again.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Supposedly there's no money left anyway. Blood from a stone, etc, etc.

Missed this before but there's no way this is true since in his note he told his fiancee "take care of my boys (YOU'RE RICH)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

Missed this before but there's no way this is true since in his note he told his fiancee "take care of my boys (YOU'RE RICH)"

dude may not have been a super great accountant

• Locked thread