Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

shout outs to the x68000 boxart for final fight

Pale Blanka wants none of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Colonel posted:

shout outs to the x68000 boxart for final fight

All around me are familiar faces
worn out places
worn out faces

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does Uncharted 4 multi still have a decent player base?

I haven't played it in ages but loved UC2 multi so if it's improved that'd be swell.

I play on an almost nightly basis with another goon. You can almost always get a match as long as you're not in a team of five people. That's my experience, anyway. All the same weird p2p stuff from uncharted 2 is still in this version so you should be right at home. Weapons are weaker in this version, though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Awesome, thanks

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone play any good video games recently?

I'm coming to the end of both Horizon and Witcher 3 and once those are done Ill maybe give Nier another crack and finally buy Nioh.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Thought I'd tap away at some Little Inferno before bed and accidentally played through the whole drat thing. That game has some of the best sound design I've ever heard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I saw one of the famous Super Best Friends on the metro in Montreal and we made eye contact and it was weird. Like I probably stared for a bit because it took me a second to place the incredibly familiar face, and he was probably like "Man I hope that's not a fan about to bother me".

Also weird was that he was wearing his own merchandise.

I honestly keep forgetting those guys are basically in my backyard, it's as weird as if I'd seen Pewdiepie on the bus.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfQwROXRwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

Woah nostalgia, that got used for one of the earliest reviews of Final Fight I read when I was like woah look at those huge sprites :monocle:
You may enjoy Woolie and Matt's Boxart Critique, where they pick a game series or two and do a semi-exhaustive breakdown of the cover art(and other art sometimes) for that series over the years.

Here's the one for Final Fight and Streets of Rage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlEvRHu9nwc&hd=1

and the rest of'em: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2thnlFfzUN0PpI5KkGYxaZ8

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
As it turns out, there's a reason certain games-related threads are exiled to the podcasts forum.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Holy moley, Prey 1 sure has a lot of child death. I've normally got a pretty thick skin but this is making me feel ill and I'm only an hour or two in.
Just a warning if any of y'all ever want to give it a try.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I love playing Blazblue CSE at work. Is there a portable fighting game that works like that? I love that doing anything gives you points you can use at the shop.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Here's the one for Final Fight and Streets of Rage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlEvRHu9nwc&hd=1

Why is this an hour? :psyduck:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

prey 1's collector's edition includes a DVD-ROM instead of three CD-ROMs what a world 2006 was for games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bought a boxed copy of Mafia III for the PC and it came on 7 DVDs

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
A mate of mine bought Panzer Dragoon Saga and that was the most Saturn CDs I've seen in one room.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't think physical copies of PC games still existed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sakurazuka posted:

Collector's editions for one, and budget rerelease (which are sometimes good deals). Plus, yeah, normal copies.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Sakurazuka posted:

Check out the saddest corner of any good game store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the last physical game I got for PC was Dawn of War 2 and it was just an installer that pointed to the Steam page.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

I think the last physical game I got for PC was Dawn of War 2 and it was just an installer that pointed to the Steam page.

Same but the first black ops

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I remember being jealous of my friend's copy of Baldur's Gate because it was on one DVD instead of like 6 CDs

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I still remember buying FFX, opening the case and being disappointed that it had only 1 disc. I thought It was going to be a short game.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sefal posted:

I still remember buying FFX, opening the case and being disappointed that it had only 1 disc. I thought It was going to be a short game.

I hated the one DVD cause at least I knew I was "halfway" with 4 discs in 9

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Target still has physical copies of Blizzard games and random shovelware tucked away in the corner of their electronics section. Sad!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The last game I bought physical was Shadow of Mordor because it was like half price on Amazon not long after it released. It was like 5-6 DVDs and took literal hours to install.

Lurdiak posted:

I saw one of the famous Super Best Friends on the metro in Montreal and we made eye contact and it was weird. Like I probably stared for a bit because it took me a second to place the incredibly familiar face, and he was probably like "Man I hope that's not a fan about to bother me".

Also weird was that he was wearing his own merchandise.

I honestly keep forgetting those guys are basically in my backyard, it's as weird as if I'd seen Pewdiepie on the bus.

Why would someone be wearing their own merchandise if they didn't want people to recognize them

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 10, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak was probably the only person to recognise him and that look in his eyes was quickly dashed hope.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Why is this an hour? :psyduck:
When I say "every boxart" I mean "every boxart", including different regions. Like how the infamous Megaman 1 and 2 boxarts from the US and Europe were those total shitshows with Bad Boxart Megaman, Silver Dildocannon Megaman, and Dr. Light Hiding Behind Crash Man As Megaman Shoots An Actual Gun At Quick Man. While gushing over/mocking the artwork, they also discuss the composition, little touches, etc. They also said it's basically an excuse to get SOME use out of the art degrees they both have.

raditts posted:

Why would someone be wearing their own merchandise if they didn't want people to recognize them
If I had to guess who it was, it was probably Matt, and if he was wearing his own merch, it was probably the Sweet Babies shirt, which he likes a lot.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Captain Invictus posted:

When I say "every boxart" I mean "every boxart", including different regions. Like how the infamous Megaman 1 and 2 boxarts from the US and Europe were those total shitshows with Bad Boxart Megaman, Silver Dildocannon Megaman, and Dr. Light Hiding Behind Crash Man As Megaman Shoots An Actual Gun At Quick Man. While gushing over/mocking the artwork, they also discuss the composition, little touches, etc. They also said it's basically an excuse to get SOME use out of the art degrees they both have.

https://youtu.be/NxA-WMfgcTo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I never knew the Euro boxart for Megaman 1 was different. It's bad, but man, it's nowhere near US Boxart Megaman bad.

This all just reminds me of how hard Capcom hosed up by cancelling Megaman Universe. They could've had their own Mario Maker years before Mario Maker was a thing, but of course Capcom gon' Capcom.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure videogamedunkey lives in or around the city where I live, in that plenty of his outdoor videos were filmed around here. Doubt I'd recognize him if I saw him around, though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Megaman Universe always looked like poo poo and it was good they cancelled it.

The mistake was putting the Megaman and Megaman X remakes on PSP, the former of which already had a level builder (or at least not porting them elsewhere).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, I had totally forgotten yahtzee is a person that exists on this planet still.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Megaman Universe always looked like poo poo and it was good they cancelled it.

The mistake was putting the Megaman and Megaman X remakes on PSP, the former of which already had a level builder (or at least not porting them elsewhere).

It was ugly from what they showed, yeah, but it was a solid concept, and if it were anyone but Capcom I'd say that maybe the final product would have looked better.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow, I had totally forgotten yahtzee is a person that exists on this planet still.

Alas, his Micro Machines spokesman gimmick was washed away by the zeitgeist of Youtubers who made their fortunes from making funny faces and screaming.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The one thing I remember from yahtzee was him describing some bad clive barker game with "it's as twisted and impenetrable as a granite octopus" which was a pretty rad way to describe something being terribly designed.

There's a forum user on here with that name, avatar, and title text I believe.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did he ever like a video game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Did he ever like a video game

i remember him liking a lot of games? just that it was the redlettermedia problem where even when they really like something they'll still criticize the hell out of it and for some reason most people can't seem to understand how that is possible so their cerebellums fuse and assume that they hate everything

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot that yahtzee is a goon, but he hasn't posted on SA in years.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Lakbay posted:

Yes it's set in Egypt and there's a 90% chance Ubisoft will announce it soon since there hasn't been an AC in awhile

Not counting the awful movie

It's gonna be groundbreaking. They spent a whole extra year making sure that it has double as many stupid chests and collectatons than any game ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

He made a video on Bioshock 1 that was positive and I guess people were disappointed so he continued with the negging.

• Locked thread