Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah I see the Chargers having a very high ceiling and floor this year.

I can buy the ceiling being fairly high, but I think their floor is something like 4-12.

I don't expect them to be that bad by any means, but I can see it happening if everything goes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah I misspoke. I should have said I see them having a very high ceiling and a very low floor.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I can buy the ceiling being fairly high, but I think their floor is something like 4-12.

I don't expect them to be that bad by any means, but I can see it happening if everything goes wrong.

Yeah, by Adjusted Games Lost, the Chargers are 31st, 26th, 31st and 28th over the last 4 years. Is it continued bad luck? a penchant for drafting / signing riskier players? poor strength and conditioning coaches? Who knows, but it's more of a trend then pure regression expecting them to be healthier this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Maybe Rodgers is a volcel and you shouldn't project your homophobia onto him.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Here's my NFL break down

NFL: one good team, 30 bad teams, one hilariously bad team based in Chicago

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/862383971048583169

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CyberPingu posted:

Ross, care to weigh in on this?

They're bad and will likely be 6-10 this year

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Yeah I see the Chargers having a very high ceiling and floor this year. Same with the Cowboys.

Every member of the Cowboys o-line will get a minor, but season ending injury. Dak will regress and turn into a "one read" QB. Zeke will develop an eating disorder and dwarf Eddie Lacy.

The world will be at peace.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Coldforge posted:

Every member of the Cowboys o-line will get a minor, but season ending injury. Dak will regress and turn into a "one read" QB. Zeke will develop an eating disorder and dwarf Eddie Lacy.

The world will be at peace.

you should post that in the NFC East thread with the rest of the fanfiction

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

Maybe Rodgers is a volcel and you shouldn't project your homophobia onto him.

This reminded me of this amazing photograph

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the track record of volcel QBs in the NFL is not good tebow but the sample size is also not large, so this upcoming season will be interesting in that regard

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

the track record of volcel QBs in the NFL is not good tebow but the sample size is also not large, so this upcoming season will be interesting in that regard

Kordell Stewart?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Grittybeard posted:

Kordell Stewart?

His weird razor bump affliction is probably pretty effective tbh

Nov 6, 2002

New England did some weird poo poo to ensure Blunt would count in the compensatory system if he signs somewhere else before July 22nd. And after that date he can only sign with New England.

quote:

For any teams that made a tender offer to any of its unrestricted free agents before May 9, the team secures two key rights, per a league source with knowledge of the situation.

First, the team acquires exclusive negotiating rights with the player, if he doesn’t sign elsewhere before July 22. From July 22 through the Tuesday after Week 10 of the regular season, the player can sign only with his prior team. Second, if the May 9 tender is made and the player signs with a new team before July 22, the transaction counts toward the compensatory draft pick formula for 2018.

The Patriots, PFT has learned, made the May 9 tender to running back LeGarrette Blount. The offer amounts to 110 percent of his total pay in 2016, which was $1 million.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3H7pdEluPA

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

New England did some weird poo poo to ensure Blunt would count in the compensatory system if he signs somewhere else before July 22nd. And after that date he can only sign with New England.

What the gently caress is this black magic bullshit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Game the Compensatory Pick System AND Suppress Running Back Salary With One Trick (Roger Goodell Hates Him)!

I imagine Belichick was poring over the league rules one night in a massive, wood-laden study, a fire roaring in the background. He found this obscure rule and started laughing maniacally.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spoeank posted:

Game the Compensatory Pick System AND Suppress Running Back Salary With One Trick (Roger Goodell Hates Him)!

I doubt Goodell hates a player getting hosed over

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Goodell is going to look into this.

If somehow Belichick fires Goodell the metaphor will be complete.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

I imagine Belichick was poring over the league rules one night in a massive, wood-laden study, a fire roaring in the background. He found this obscure rule and started laughing maniacally.

The pages in his rule book are made from the skin of his enemies and the blood of a consecrated virgin.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I can't imagine a player feeling more hosed over than Blount right now. Take the guaranteed cash from the Pats, blow it all on cheeseburgers, retire when cut...

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/862401657002446848

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not inclined to feel bad for LeGarrette Blount of all people, but somehow I kind of do.

Nov 6, 2002

Has any starting running back earned less money to win two Super Bowls than LeGarrette Blount?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

this is a real problem!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Has any starting running back earned less money to win two Super Bowls than LeGarrette Blount?

Plenty because inflation/free agency/whatever else, but for someone less appreciated for their contributions (probably correctly) all I can come up with that might even be arguable is Ahmad Bradshaw?

I guess he was a rookie in 2007 so he probably didn't even start then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chris Berman :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

beard so bushy she belongs on duck dynasty.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

So many good memories:

Dolphins holder getting beaned in the head
James Harrison loving up
Super Bowl 48 :hawksin:

Seemed like the Dolphins were in a lot of those actually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The NFLPA is useless

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I was only joking when I said the Vikings are continually hoping signing drunk WRs will net them another Cris Carter but apparently it's true??

https://twitter.com/criscarter80/status/862402021307015168

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My brother has occasional outbreaks of this and it sucks rear end

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

"This is how hoomons interact correct?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The NFLPA is useless

It's kind of a weird corner case because of Blount making so much below his market value while also not being able to find a team to sign him before May 9

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Pops Mgee posted:

"This is how hoomons interact correct?"

Is he holding her hand or twiddling his thumbs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spintzel posted:

Is he holding her hand or twiddling his thumbs

The latter.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

whypick1 posted:

Super Bowl 48 :hawksin:

Anyone have the gif of the lombardy trophy edit?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/862448490785390592

ironic lulz.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Smart to poach an in-division starter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

are the 49ers really going to start Brian Hoyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

It's a little thing called personal responsibility

Ok cool I thought you were being serious.

• Locked thread