Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
OSC is a Markov chain bot that has only been fed Derek's blogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

D_Smart posted:

those rear end-clowns are ignoring it for the most part. their brains will explode if they have to reconcile the fact that it's possible that I would write that

What the hell happened to your shift key? Did you break it like the Coke machine?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Colostomy Bag posted:

What the hell happened to your shift key? Did you break it like the Coke machine?

capital letter shaming is common in the discord. the shame is working it's way into derek's everyday keyboarding.

the culture in the discord is roughly similar to this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CZ2J8gJtk

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 11, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Abuminable posted:

capital letter shaming is common in the discord. the shame is working it's way into derek's everyday keyboarding.

shift happens.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ghostlight posted:

Oh man, they discovered the secret of us not giving a poo poo about citing our sources because we don't take this poo poo seriously. You're BUSTED D-man.

This is true. :(

Gig is up. Time to... continue to not cite sources and not care much beyond entertainment and wild speculation! :jerry:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Quick reminder that Discord is bad.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, Space Court.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

Also, Space Court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

alf_pogs posted:

i don't know but i wish they'd display their mastery of posts by posting a lot shorter

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

thatguy posted:

*cough*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

i just got derickrolled :argh:

still didn't read it tho

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm amazed at how much the "Weekly Update" bot always spits out something that's at least 90% convincing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ComfyPants posted:

I'm amazed at how much the "Weekly Update" bot always spits out something that's at least 90% convincing.

one paragraph was just the word 'disclaimer' and a colon. it looks so believably real

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

OSC is Derek's wife:ssh:

OSC is Chris's wife:ssh:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

thatguy posted:

I've already called that saying it was Frogbear.

In space court Frogbear is the witness that matters most.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:ohdear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
"THERE IS NO DISK IN DRIVE. PLEASE INSERT A DISK INTO DRIVE K:"

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Maybe I was wrong... Chris was able to re-use some of the code from Wing Commander

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Kosumo posted:

I've already called that saying it was Frogbear.

In space court Frogbear is the witness that matters most.

I like to think Legal is OSC. In reality a person more insane unrelenting than even the Warlord himself.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

here's how things go, as was told to me last year

since Roberts has final approval on everything, artists or designers send the absolute best version of whatever they have to him. this includes hi res, hi poly mods that will not be used in game, as well as ultra res textures. if Roberts kicks your poo poo back down to you, you get a pretty severe dressing down, usually during a meeting. one of my friends (she's working on the new SW game) got talked down to in front of her entire team, causing her to quit.

but it doesn't end there. he places a flag on your work afterwards, so he will always double check for "problems" with whatever you send him. keep in mind he receives hundreds of emails like this a week, so the shitlist people get looked at first.

what he doesn't check is anything gameplay related. assets are what he really cares about, and as my friend said, "the cinematic feel" of said assets. one of the things Roberts used to go on about is that "gameplay organically grows" from what they create.

I know I posted about all this before in some fashion, but it's been awhile

:cripes:

(40 pages old so what)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

dat feel when gameplay organically grows from your assets

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

Well the Internet knows what I look like. If the guy you're meeting isn't me; well then. I made a proof-of-life video.

Anyway, as long as you're a Goon, they won't believe it. One of them has to be the one.

Hey, if someone can think of a way that I can meet OSC and verify that it's him in a manner that the shitizens would find acceptable I'd be down to do it. It's not like it's hard to meet someone in a Starbucks in NYC and I have the time, especially since the meltdowns would probably be very entertaining afterwards.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

HAAA! Holy poo poo dude, this is amazing, it all makes sense now!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

AlmightyPants posted:

Hey, if someone can think of a way that I can meet OSC and verify that it's him in a manner that the shitizens would find acceptable I'd be down to do it. It's not like it's hard to meet someone in a Starbucks in NYC and I have the time, especially since the meltdowns would probably be very entertaining afterwards.

I think it would be pretty simple. If he would permit it, record him at SBUX and allow him to give a brief summary of the Star Citizen drama in a manner he thinks most germane. His grasp of the subject matter and ability to correlate actors, events, data, and attitudes should be sufficient proof that the guy in the video is OSC.

tl;dr make a video of him talking about SC. Case closed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just film yourself walking a starbucks and have your friend wear a chris Roberts mask, have him wave his hands and shout catchphrases.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

from reddit of all places

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"And while if they have provided the thing, for a bunch of complete first person infantry mode, and not even in publishers “see on The Escapist paying for each other."

"When it has a personal attacks (1, 2, 3, 4)"

"And if you still probably are working on what I said in my word."

"And she’s a reason. So in that has been a person."

"COULLING OF SUBTITH OF AND OF WHITH LLINGETTING, WATER AND TIG AREAD CHON"

A full paragraph: "Here."

"(and the picture of the partner of the game engine (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6)"

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

That's a huge improvement in readability!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

"And while if they have provided the thing, for a bunch of complete first person infantry mode, and not even in publishers “see on The Escapist paying for each other."

"When it has a personal attacks (1, 2, 3, 4)"

"And if you still probably are working on what I said in my word."

"And she’s a reason. So in that has been a person."

"COULLING OF SUBTITH OF AND OF WHITH LLINGETTING, WATER AND TIG AREAD CHON"

A full paragraph: "Here."

"(and the picture of the partner of the game engine (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6)"

a stroke in written form.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

I can't begin to fathom how this is even a thing. I notice the issue is labeled as fixed, but I have a feeling it's not been fixed at all. I wonder why I'd think that?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Reddit desperately needs OSC and Derek to be one and the same.

They think that they have come up with a successfully strategy of discrediting Derek. They see his argument as an Appeal to Authority. Since his excommunication stemmed from conclusions he reached based upon his experiences as a game developer and understanding of technology and game techniques, they feel that if they can Discredit the Authority somehow usually through ad hominem attacks unrelated to the actual facts of Star Citizen project status.

OSC, by strictly focusing on the issues and researching the facts, leaves them no such obvious approach to avoiding the obvious. Derek Smart was Right.

As an aside: The meet me in SBUX approach won't work. If Cymelion showed up to Starbux and met not-Derek, Internet rules say that he is allowed to lie and any verification procedure would be more complex than time-sharing the manger in Bethlehem.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Golli posted:

Reddit desperately needs OSC and Derek to be one and the same.

Okay, <tappitytappitytappity>, done. What else do we need to release the game?

In other news regarding the larger posts on security that everyone ignored, this is amusing as all gently caress; https://www.modzero.ch/advisories/MZ-17-01-Conexant-Keylogger.txt

Yeah, that's a keylogger in an audio driver.

Cosmic Taxxe:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get why they are so excited about 150 million 'proving' Derek wrong. He said they need at least 150 million to make a game (in the blog of July).

Well theres about 150 million here wheres your game? It wouldn't be an own unless they released at like 90 million or something.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hav posted:

In other news regarding the larger posts on security that everyone ignored, this is amusing as all gently caress; https://www.modzero.ch/advisories/MZ-17-01-Conexant-Keylogger.txt

Cosmic Taxxe:

So whatever happened to that CIG ASIO driver?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I like how the argument is basically "They're making the same points and dropping sources... They must be the same person!"

It couldn't possibly be that they're saying the same things because those things can be proven true with the cited sources.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cheez posted:

I like how the argument is basically "They're making the same points and dropping sources... They must be the same person!"

There's only one guy arguing that SC isn't a game. We're all just cheerleaders for that one guy. Therefore anyone making the argument is either a cheerleader or that one guy, and he's not a cheerleader, sooo...

Tippis posted:

So whatever happened to that CIG ASIO driver?

Context: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6497041/#Comment_6497041
Thread Context: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2591

Yeah, I had to google because I couldn't remember when this actually was. if you think these guys are writing low-level drivers, then I have some box-handling code you should look at. Driver design is so black box you can hide a keylogger in it....

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

Cosmic Taxxe:

Uh, dude? Taxxe is now supposed to be pre-op transsexuals in swimwear. :colbert:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I wish y'all wouldn't play the 'cited sources' game with them. Its an obvious attempt at obfuscation.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I wish y'all wouldn't play the 'cited sources' game with them. Its an obvious attempt at obfuscation.

It's part of the wonderful world of redit, it's a great place that is. I love redit me, I loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

It's part of the wonderful world of redit, it's a great place that is. I love redit me, I loving love it

it's absolutely not the refuse heap of the internet