Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know much about new 52 stuff but I read the trades for Swamp thing and Wonder woman new 52 and they were both pretty fantastic.

Also I don't like the flash at all but I love jay garrick flash, he looks dope.

It's mostly just a good handful of redesigns were absolute trash. Like bird head Raven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KungFu Grip posted:

It's mostly just a good handful of redesigns were absolute trash. Like bird head Raven

Luckily they rolled back on a lot of that poo poo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vixen over Cheetah is cool. Jay Garrick is also a nice pick. Are those all the Premiere Skins? Or just the ones found so far? Kind of weird that Flash gets two.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Garrick is hilarious. That helmet rules

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

AndyElusive posted:

Wow, I never actually thought about how many doctors B-Money has in his rogues gallery before.

Maybe Gotham U is just a diploma mill.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wow, Power Girl looks way better in that picture, they did a great job. Garrick looks great too.

I can't wait for Le Joker to go against Senor Frio.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm going to assume Jay Gerrick, Grid, Vixen and Freeze are in the base game and PG, Jon and Zoom are season pass people. Arbitrary but atleast people that don't have the season pass have nice things

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I still think Zoom has the slickest design. Really hope Garrick uses nothing but old-timey PG pejoratives - I'm counting down to the first time he calls someone "buster."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just realized the highlights on Power Girl's costume make her look like a 90s "sexy" comic book woman.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I just realized the highlights on Power Girl's costume make her look like a 90s "sexy" comic book woman.

I'm torn between the blatant objectification of the women and the progressiveness of featuring heroes suffering from scoliosis.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I have always assumed Rob must be a super nice guy that meets deadlines like a champ.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I have always assumed Rob must be a super nice guy that meets deadlines like a champ.

He had a stand at C2E2 this year. I've never been a huge fan of the guy's work so I didn't talk to him, but he was shaking hands and seemed friendly enough. Really pushing the "I INVENTED DEADPOOL" angle these days.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Saint Freak posted:

He meets deadlines, the nice guy part is pretty disputed.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

I guess Freeze not having the dome or cyro suit falls down to hitbox issues with Capt Cold. :(

i'm pretty sure NRS uses model based collision and not 2d hitboxes.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Just LOL if your spine doesn't do a 90 degree curve

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

He had a stand at C2E2 this year. I've never been a huge fan of the guy's work so I didn't talk to him, but he was shaking hands and seemed friendly enough. Really pushing the "I INVENTED DEADPOOL" angle these days.

that's debatable to a point since Liefeld created Deadpool but had almost nothing to do with the personality and presence of the Deadpool everyone loves

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

that's debatable to a point since Liefeld created Deadpool but had almost nothing to do with the personality and presence of the Deadpool everyone loves

Someone should tell him that then, since he literally had a sign that said "I created Deadpool!" taped to his booth.

The fact that he finally got his dream job of Deathstroke during new 52 and ran it all the way into the ground and popped out in China is what loses a lot of brownie points with me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Can Liefeld still not draw feet.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm not sure anyone could draw feet in the 90s.

Also Rob Liefield did not meet deadlines when working with Marvel and when he started Image stuff like Youngblood was super delayed.

Last thing, he's a videoclip of Stan Lee making GBS threads on a young Rob Liefield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Stan Lee, bless his heart, is a raging rear end in a top hat extraordinaire who will never hesitate to put anyone down for the pettiest of reasons. I'm sure anyone with Marvel for any meaningful amount of time has felt his bite.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm not sure anyone could draw feet in the 90s.

Also Rob Liefield did not meet deadlines when working with Marvel and when he started Image stuff like Youngblood was super delayed.

Last thing, he's a videoclip of Stan Lee making GBS threads on a young Rob Liefield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Just outright literally calls them bad to their faces. Amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liefeld was an rear end in a top hat before but people have said he's nice now.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Liefeld was an rear end in a top hat before but people have said he's nice now.

Meanwhile Lee will probably have a ruthless critique for the devil spilling from his lips the moment he steps through the gates.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
A friend of mine got to work with Stan Lee professionally about 10 years ago, he said he was a really nice guy.

It wasn't strictly comic book-related though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

He has a reputation as a very charismatic, affable guy who has nonetheless founded his empire on the skulls of his enemies. He's probably super fun the be with so long as you're not at odds with him.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I thought you'd have to pick at least two from nice/talented/on time but maybe it's just one or zero.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Supposedly the mobile game is coming out on Android platforms today. Still hasnt unlocked when I just checked, however.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hasn't it been on Android since yesterday? I installed it and messed around with it yesterday morning.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Weird, it's still listed as "coming soon" for me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Just outright literally calls them bad to their faces. Amazing.

Seemed to me like he was just busting their balls for jokes. But I guess that's not as funny as saying he was being a literal dick to them and taking what he's saying at face value.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's not out on Android yet.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They did this with the MKX android app too. It's like they leave money on the table for people itching for something a few says before release

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Meh, I'm mainly just doing it for the skins. Not sure how engaging the game itself will be for me.

VVVVVVV: Haven't, this will be the first.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 11, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

FunkMonkey posted:

Meh, I'm mainly just doing it for the skins. Not sure how engaging the game itself will be for me.

Did you play the first one or their WWE game? I can't imagine it will be much different.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've only played it for a few minutes because I think it sucks, but you basically slide left and right to move your character around, and tap in specific areas to attack and do special moves.

So it's basically MvCI :smugbird:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I've only played it for a few minutes because I think it sucks, but you basically slide left and right to move your character around, and tap in specific areas to attack and do special moves.

So it's basically MvCI :smugbird:

:eyepop:

So what skins are tied to the mobile game besides Grid?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

:eyepop:

So what skins are tied to the mobile game besides Grid?

Grid's the only one I'm explicitly aware of, but they seemed to suggest you had a chance of getting some of the others as rare drops, like in the main game. Who knows.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Not sure, I looked through the menus to see if there was an unlock list or something, but I couldn't find it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm killing time today waiting for the android version by smashing all my dc comics into each other and periodically making one of the Batman ones postulate on how bad killing is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm killing time today waiting for the android version by smashing all my dc comics into each other and periodically making one of the Batman ones postulate on how bad killing is

It's not bad so much as it's far more cathartic to just taze the everloving gently caress out of people. He understands this.

• Locked thread