Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She played herself out of the game so hard if the edit didn't mislead us. Because it looked like she had Michaela with her
-but had hosed up and told Sarah she would give her an advantage if she got voted out
-then hosed up and told Sarah that they had Michaela's vote
-causing Sarah to go tell Michaela about Sierra having that advantage but not that it could be willed, causing Sierra to be voted out

Although, despite being voted out pre-merge, I'd think Michaela might know what the legacy advantage is, right? Would've heard it from someone on her season after Ken used it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am confused why Sierra wouldn't give Brad the advantage.

This really doesn't make any sense to me, unless Brad was a secret dick she was only working with due to circumstance?

Sarah flipped on Brad/Sierra's alliance two rounds ago, didn't tell Sierra about their plans last round, and then found out about Sierra's secret power this round. She hasn't voted with Sierra since the Ozzy boot!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well she said Sarah wasn't necessarily her closest ally but was her best friend in the game. So I guess they were really tight on a personal level. Not sure how Sarah flipped on her and still kept her close but she did I guess. One thing I just remembered is how awkward that second check-in scene was, when Sarah's just like ,"Uh hey Sierra, I love you and also didn't tell anyone about that legacy advantage you promised me heh"

One thing I will say is that Jessica told Ken about her legacy advantage last season, same conversation, "I'll give it to you if I'm voted out," and Ken stayed loyal. But that was Ken and he's a special case.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 11, 2017

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
The preview at the end of whatever show was on before survivor billed this as the biggest moment or shock of the season, something like that

Talk about underwhelming

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"that's where the bathroom is"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ken really did come off as a more old school type survivor player and i think his type of game would get a near unanimous vote if it was on a season pre-all stars

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't blame Sierra too much. It was a desperation move while she was on the bottom. She knew they had probably burned Tai last tribal and probably suspected Brad and Troyzan could burn her easily enough. The power has no use before F6 so you just try and use it to score points with someone you trust. And it almost worked if Brad hadn't won immunity. It might have saved her and then set up a move where Sarah flipped on Andrea next Tribal. It just didn't play out that way.

And even giving it to Sarah just seems like her not being "bitter." I mean, I know she said "I hope you didn't vote for me" but that means she thought she might have. But its a testament to Sarah having a good enough relationship/social game that Sierra didn't hold it against her.

Sarah's in a scary good place right now with F6 idol, a vote steal, no immediate target on her, a ton of good relationships, and Michaela itching to blow up the game. If I'm her I'm definitely looking to take out Andrea next and maybe go the end with Michaela as a goat.

But Tai's idols are still a huge wildcard there as are the fact that there's still a lot of players including Cirie who could shake this stuff up. If anyone can spot Sarah as a major threat I'd bet on Cirie. She seems to trust her but Cirie has the smarts to recognize the problem if everyone trusts Sarah.

And, yeah, cast Cirie's son just for that reaction shot.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm forgetting, does anyone know that tai even has 1 idol?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

phosdex posted:

I'm forgetting, does anyone know that tai even has 1 idol?

Not that they have shown.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

Cast Cirie's son immediately.

We are getting to the point in Survivor where they could do a season of former castaways kids.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
https://twitter.com/ErikReichenb4ch/status/862501845394223104

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Pinterest Mom posted:

"that's where the bathroom is"

lol a month out there and 3 beers in Cirie definitely added more flavor to that to get that reaction

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This seemed like a pretty bland episode - they spent way too long introducing the loved ones, or was it just me? Not a lot actually happened despite stuff actually happening (Sierra talking about her advantage, Michaela grouping up with Tai, etc.).

Man, I feel like if Cirie could have made the pick she'd definitely have chosen Michaela. She'd have known that you have to coddle Michaela to work with her. Maybe Andrea/Aubry decided they needed to keep making goodwill with Sarah. But you always buoy the emotionally-charged players first.

I'm not sure it was a smart move for Michaela/Tai either. It wasn't a big move for Michaela at all, it just looked like she was following her alliance. Tai, I dunno, it wouldn't be that surprising for him to flip on the team that burned him (even though he voted Sierra last tribal). No big moves at all this week other than the legacy advantage being willed out. I guess they had to show Sierra/Sarah bonding so that we wouldn't be surprised that she didn't will it to Brad.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I did not expect to say this coming into the season but I really like Officer Sarah's game and feel like she would be a deserving winner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Next week should be the double boot episode so...probably high time for Andrea to go. She could survive two more votes, but probably not without at least one immunity.

So there's like four people with a good shot of winning FTC (Andrea, Brad, Cirie, Sarah) and four that have realistically no shot of winning (Aubry, Tai, Troyzan, Michaela). And the latter half almost sounds silly since there are three idols between them and Aubry was widely considered to have been a more deserving winner of her season. But that's how it goes; Aubry can't play the social game well (funny how it's haunting her for the second game in a row) and any strategic moves she could have made got hamstrung by Sandra so early on that she's just riding the Cirie/Andrea wave to the end now.

But realistically I think people would be happy with anyone winning other than Tai or Troyzan. Either because they've worked for it, or they're fan favourites (Aubry/Michaela).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

At this point I think Cirie is going to pull out the W.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I think it is either Cirie or Aubry because both have done a great job in staying off the radar for the most part. I don't know that Ive really seen Aubry's name come up as a boot through this whole season. She might not have the "resume" for a final 3, but good social game might mean she doesn't burn so many bridges she couldn't win.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Aubry really only wins if she sits next to two of Tai/Troyzan/Michaela, or if people don't respect Sarah's game. I'm not sure Aubry really has that many solid allies, right now she's just a number.

I can't see any way Troyzan doesn't make it to FTC though. He's way too much of a goat. Unless it's something like a final 5 of Aubry/Andrea/Cirie/Brad/Troy and Brad wins immunity.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So was anyone but me hoping they would bring out Mark the chicken after Tai said he wanted to see the love of his life and Probst called out for Mark?

Like I would have seriously just lost it if the camera had zoomed in on a pair of hands carrying a Mark the chicken before zooming out to reveal Tais partner Mark.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cirie is off the radar because there's no rush to get rid of her. She's never going to win immunity so you can always ditch her at 4 if you need to.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah. And Andrea, who does win immunities, is basically sitting in the same position as Cirie and is still around too. Once Andrea is gone Cirie might get some focus.

For Troyzan, he's not going to win because he's barely been on the show, but I don't think the other players look at him with the same kind of dislike or lack of respect they seem to have for Michaela and Tai. That's why I liked Michaela and Tai linking up this episode and kind of trying to take things into their own hands, even though the other players will probably only become extra sour toward them if players they think of as small take them out.

Actually I think Troy and Aubry are in a similar spot where they both came from the Tony/Sandra tribe that got wiped out, so they never were in a position of power, and have therefore never been seen as influencers and instead are more of hangers-on. But not because they suck really, just because the game played out in a way that left them with relatively few connections to wield. By this point though I do think they could have made up some of that ground but it doesn't look like they have.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Troyzan spent what, six days before getting swapped away from his first tribe. That's 24 days he had to build connections, and he's done none other than Brad. He's spent over three weeks with Andrea and Cirie and has made no (visible) progress with them.

Troyzan is not a proactive enough player that he'd be making waves even if he had started out on the other tribe.

Heck, J.T. was in a similar position to Troyzan and managed to make inroads with Malcolm and Aubry. It's not an insurmountable position.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, but that tribe was a little more dysfunctional, because Malcolm and Aubry were on the opposite side of the Sandra alliance that took out Tony the previous vote. Troyzan's tribe didn't have the same cracks and was basically just waiting around to boot Troy the entire time. Only Sarah seemed to give him some actual time, which is yet another example of why Sarah is running this game right now. I do agree that Troy wasn't in an impossible position to work out of, at some point he could have climbed up from that spot, but it was a hole both he and Aubry found themselves in that increased the difficulty level for them. Once you're pigeonholed in the game it takes a really good player to change people's perceptions of you.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It got pointed out in one of Sierra's exit interviews that Troyzan could have used his idol and flipped the numbers back around - oust Andrea, bam. Your core is solid and you can easily loop Sarah back in.

And he didn't. It's pretty aggravating how little of a team player that can come off as. Nobody knew about the idol but him, so it would have been a great move for him. And Sierra was the obvious vote by the other alliance. It was a 100% safe move. Now Troy's in a terrible position (well other than being shielded because of his goat status) and his idol can at best buy him a couple days rather than give his alliance a chance to Pagong their way to a final four/five.

You could say that with the presumed Michaela/Tai votes he might have thought they didn't need it... but when you're relying on someone to flip that's never a guarantee.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Troy's just too passive a player. I mean, One World. And the Troy/Brad/Debbie/Tai thing kind of feels like just a natural "we're the older folks who get along the easiest" (plus Sierra, because i guess she's an old soul) rather than any kind of real strategy on Troy's part. He's just not much of a player. Otherwise, yeah, he might have used his idol offensively the way Tai did or the way Sierra tried to user he advantage. But alas.

I like Andrea's side more anyway so I'm glad it worked out this way. A Brad, Sierra, Troy, and Tai F4 would have sucked.

I don't know that Aubry's dead in the water but its hard to judge. She seems fine socially (as in no one seems to hate her) but we haven't seen any indication that she has enough pull to oust Andrea/Cirie or sell that she deserve to win. We know she's capable of it, but as said the social dynamics of the tribes might have just handcuffed her and she might not have the social game to recover from that.

Cirie's definitely being shielded by Andrea. The question to me is when Andrea goes (which seems inevitable) will Cirie have enough sense/pull to make Sarah the next target or will Sarah take out Cirie? Because those seem like the two big players at this stage and we've gotten more indication that Sarah is thinking ahead. But I don't want to undersell Cirie just because she hasn't voiced her plans to anyone.

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe
Preview chat: Funny you would post this because the preview with Cirie talking to Tai made me think of Cirie talking to Erik in FvF. Can she make the magic happen a 2nd time?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sierra deserved to be voted out. That's not the way I wanted tribal to go but she did everything in her power other than voting for herself to make it happen.

She told Sarah about the Legacy Advantage. "This thing gives me an advantage at final 6 but if I get voted out before that, I can give it to whoever I want. Good thing we've been becoming close friends, I'd probably give it to you. Please don't vote me out."

Michaela and Tai are ready to vote with Sierra. They let her know that Sarah's side is going after her. All Sierra has to do is let things play out without the other side realizing Michaela's flip so they don't have time to convince her and Tai otherwise... so Sierra decides this is an oppurtunity to let Sarah know that Michaela/Tai flipped over.

Sierra! If your friend gets her way, YOU'RE GONE.

I also can't believe neither Tai nor Troyzan are playing one of their three idols to help ensure things go their way.

xbilkis posted:

"I have a power I have to give away if I'm voted out, and I'll give it to you. Anyway pls keep me"

Typed my thing out before reading the thread, but loving right? The only thing worse was Sarah saying in response in a confessional that she wants to keep Sierra around when she clearly can get her legacy advantage and her Jury vote.

xbilkis posted:

Big fan of Mark's horrified reaction to Michaela dragging Tai

Shneak posted:

I really don't need to see Monica get a segment.

I think it's quite the advantage to have an outsider be able to look at the situation objectively and give advice. I think Sierra could have used someone to say "No, that person is not your friend. Stop playing to get them a million dollars."

That's it! Thanks!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I had to go back and check. Sarah TOTALLY played dumb when Sierra looked back after getting her torch snuffed. Sarah earned that Legacy Advantage.

http://i.imgur.com/iv6EJNb.gifv

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Zesty posted:

I had to go back and check. Sarah TOTALLY played dumb when Sierra looked back after getting her torch snuffed. Sarah earned that Legacy Advantage.

http://i.imgur.com/iv6EJNb.gifv

Yes, those scenes all happened in order, and they never splice a bunch of cuts together to make a narrative, nope.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sierra's exit interview revealed a few things:

-She never planned on telling Sarah about the LA. They were having a regular chat, Sarah was being weepy about home, and then it slipped out. She was regretting it as she was saying it. Also that chat happened after the reward challenge apparently, Sierra was feeling extra vulnerable after seeing her dad.

-The reactions at TC were apparently real. Sierra looked at Sarah after the vote and Sarah played up the 'I have no idea what just happened' face. Sierra thought it was Brad that voted her out because he wasn't showing much emotion (actually he was shocked). That's why she willed it to Sarah.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that very slight look of confusion from Andrea when she sees Sarah acting confused is so good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lone Goat posted:

Yes, those scenes all happened in order, and they never splice a bunch of cuts together to make a narrative, nope.

You're absolutely right. The editors do that. But Sierra confirmed what the cameras showed in this particular situation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I noticed that Sarah/Andrea exchange enough that I paid attention to the votes to see if Sarah had somehow ended up on the wrong side of things. I imagined Michaela and Tai saying they were voting out Andrea, getting Sarah on board, and then screwing her.

But nope, it seemed to be her playing for Sierra and the Legacy Advantage. Which is either brilliant or moronic if Andrea's reaction was anything more than a random shot. But Sarah's probably got good enough standing that if Andrea went "ok, let's vote out another ally because I have a feeling" Michaela would definitely revolt.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
So, someone is gonna *have* to play an idol next week, right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Baddog posted:

So, someone is gonna *have* to play an idol next week, right?

Don't they all have to be played before the final 6? Or is it the final 5?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sierra said hers had to be played at F6. I assume the same is true for the rest so Jeff can orgasm during the craziest tribal ever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Sierra said hers had to be played at F6. I assume the same is true for the rest so Jeff can orgasm during the craziest tribal ever.

I thought the HII usually had to be played at 5 in a 3 player finale? Just the Legacy advantage, which is just a dumbed down HII, was only able to be played at 13 and 6.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

STAC Goat posted:

no, the idols are usually up to final 5. however, I do think CRAZY TRIBAL is going to happen, if Tai and Troyzan remain gunshy with their idols, if both of them then get freaked out at final 6, and especially if Tai also decides to use an idol on an ally.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If one of Troy or Tai play their idol, the other will too, probably just out of fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Yeah i hope cirie's son plays on the show soon. He's shown more personality than Aubry, Sierra, or Troyzan this season already.

• Locked thread