Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Naked Bear posted:

I sit on my steel pot when playing internet shootymans so that I don't get my balls blown off.

Don't knock it. It's been working pretty well so far.

you mean a thimble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
No, that's for my dick.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
It's like a button in a fur coat

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

tastefully arranged labia posted:

You just know some ARMA sperg actually does this

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Suck it down War Crimes

My squad killed you :smugdog:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Thanks for all the headphone advice dudes. Though I was hoping you'd all just hive mind the same answer to stop me having to think for myself.

Slim Pickens posted:

What's cool is they're not even out of early access on PC yet, but they still made 60 million already. Once it gets polished and ported to the consoles, they're gonna be rolling in dough(unless ea or ubi beats them to market after ripping off their idea).

60 million? Holy gently caress. If I was that dude I'd just retire and be like "gently caress these dudes." Maybe we're gonna see a whole bunch of hunger games style games now?

Missionary Positron posted:

ME:A chat: The loyalty missions I've done so far (Cora, Vetra) are like a portal into what could've been-land had Bioware not gone all out on the OPEN WORLD ZILLIONS OF MEANINGLESS QUESTS-angle :( .

The final setpiece in Cora's missions was especially rad, I really liked how all the sounds became muted, because well you know, vacuum of space . Still not feeling the Kett, though. They seem really generic and boring compared to the Reapers in ME1/2.

Yeah, there were a lot of fun little missions, and a shitload more of fetch quest bullshit. I still enjoyed it though, possibly only because it was ME. The kett are lame AF, and the angara were terrible, but it's a decent setup for ME:A2.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's like a button in a fur coat
More of a ding than a dong, really.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tyfys

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Dude McAwesome posted:

Yeah, there were a lot of fun little missions, and a shitload more of fetch quest bullshit. I still enjoyed it though, possibly only because it was ME. The kett are lame AF, and the angara were terrible, but it's a decent setup for ME:A2.

Hopefully they'll move away from the Whedon-esque ~quirky~ dialogue towards a more serious tone in the sequel. The one moment during Vetra's loyalty mission when Fem Ryder went apeshit on her, and the VO had actual tangible anger/frustration in her voice acting made me realize just how lackluster most of the dialogue is.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Missionary Positron posted:

Hopefully they'll move away from the Whedon-esque ~quirky~ dialogue towards a more serious tone in the sequel. The one moment during Vetra's loyalty mission when Fem Ryder went apeshit on her, and the VO had actual tangible anger/frustration in her voice acting made me realize just how lackluster most of the dialogue is.

I miss Shepard sounding like a smug motherfucker most of the time. Even Male Shep was way better than male Ryder, who just sounds like he's trying to be polite most of the time.

Also, don't hold your breath for a sequel: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-ice-for-now/

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

I miss Shepard sounding like a smug motherfucker most of the time. Even Male Shep was way better than male Ryder, who just sounds like he's trying to be polite most of the time.

Also, don't hold your breath for a sequel: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/05/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-ice-for-now/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YEynxGhJVQ

Never forget o7.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Femshep bestshep

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Two Finger posted:

the animators for this game should all be barred from the loving industry

edit: I FINALLY realized what ME:A is reminding me of

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 11, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Apparently Dirt Rally is having a free weekend on steam

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your mom is having a free dirt rally weekend too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Your mom is having a free dirt rally weekend too

More like mud rally

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Got my new SSD, and after a day of troubleshooting getting Windows 10 installed on it, got PUBG installed. Dropped in, got a shotgun and 1911. Basically spent the whole time running away from the ever closing circle electric storm whatever the gently caress, I see the C-130 drop a crate. Like an idiot I run towards it and think I'm safe. Then some rear end in a top hat starts shooting at me from I don't know where. Then another rear end in a top hat comes from the other side and I blast him in the face with my shotgun. Almost dead and I can't tell if the sniper rear end in a top hat is still around. So I leave and then realize I need to use those bandages in my pack. Then the lightning storm thing hits me and kills me before I can fully heal. 10/10.

Also windows is retarded and didn't like me having my new SSD hooked up to one set of SATA ports on my motherboard but was perfectly fine with the other. It kept telling me I couldn't install windows on a "USB or IEEE 1394" :cripes:. Then for whatever reason it wouldn't just auto install and partition the disk so I had to open the command prompt and gently caress with diskpart to get it to work. Haven't installed windows in a while so I was downstairs making some food, then I hear this loud disembodied voice shouting at me about installing windows and I freaked out for a split second. gently caress you cortana t:mad:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Mike-o posted:

Got my new SSD, and after a day of troubleshooting getting Windows 10 installed on it, got PUBG installed. Dropped in, got a shotgun and 1911. Basically spent the whole time running away from the ever closing circle electric storm whatever the gently caress, I see the C-130 drop a crate. Like an idiot I run towards it and think I'm safe. Then some rear end in a top hat starts shooting at me from I don't know where. Then another rear end in a top hat comes from the other side and I blast him in the face with my shotgun. Almost dead and I can't tell if the sniper rear end in a top hat is still around. So I leave and then realize I need to use those bandages in my pack. Then the lightning storm thing hits me and kills me before I can fully heal. 10/10.

Also windows is retarded and didn't like me having my new SSD hooked up to one set of SATA ports on my motherboard but was perfectly fine with the other. It kept telling me I couldn't install windows on a "USB or IEEE 1394" :cripes:. Then for whatever reason it wouldn't just auto install and partition the disk so I had to open the command prompt and gently caress with diskpart to get it to work. Haven't installed windows in a while so I was downstairs making some food, then I hear this loud disembodied voice shouting at me about installing windows and I freaked out for a split second. gently caress you cortana t:mad:

:pcgaming:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Reverand maynard posted:

the animators for this game should all be barred from the loving industry

edit: I FINALLY realized what ME:A is reminding me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJRSioOtpTM

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

More like mud rally

:thejoke:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

🤔

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Looking forward to playing PUBG with you Mike-O. It sounds like you've already figured out the game

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

loving Turians don't have their priorities straight, of course cattes should be the first things to be thawed out in Andromeda :argh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

Looking forward to playing PUBG with you Mike-O. It sounds like you've already figured out the game

I'll try to jump in whenever you guys play next.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
we can do some duos in a bit if there isnt a full squad

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

I'll try to jump in whenever you guys play next.

Get on discord and listen to my sexy accent

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Found two stellaris mods that are ruining my time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Third World Reggin posted:

Found two stellaris mods that are ruining my time.

Can the AI actually make proper use of all of that bullshit?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
no idea, but there is a strong no in that

the 1.6.0 update broke the AI so it doesn't start wars that are not events

there is a beta patch on steam to fix that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ya I've been using the beta a bit today seems to be ok. I only have some flag & portrait mods atm.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Everyone join the GIP battlegrounds thing. its pretty consistent for games after noon pst

i'm the last person to join in on this kind of poo poo, like i never did day-z or any of that poo poo and this is pretty fun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i dig that it's just a bunch of retards loving around and having a good time

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I had two solo matches today where I had the drop on someone and they killed me after I started shooting them.

So loving annoying.

But then the next round I shotgunned a guy in the face - so I'm back to loving the game.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
getting drunk with HCT and Two Fingers and gently caress you this game is good :hellyeah:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah i dont thinkwe've actually done anything yet but good times great oldies

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I dont think anyone said the game was bad?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

getting drunk with HCT and Two Fingers and gently caress you this game is good :hellyeah:

thanks for implying i'm drinking

i'm on coke zero

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

yeah i dont thinkwe've actually done anything yet but good times great oldies

yeah its a really good mix between using tactics and being serious and th en the next second your hitting a hill like a ramp and hootin' and hollerin' as you shoot your uzi at the window before the guy in the backseat accidentally blows your brains out, or executing a guy with a molotov while pesticide and kfff are yelling allah ackbar

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I was the last dude alive and yelling elmo poo poo at dudes and they killed me :( :( :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also was singing prince and butchering lyrics but fuuuck i'm drunk