Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The right thing to do would be to use him as an example of a perfect student.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

basic hitler posted:

Well the teaching gig has been going well, at least mostly. I had a troublesome student and i reflexively enthralled him. I need to reverse it before there's permanent damage to his brain, on the other hand i could use him to motivate other students...

I don't get it, all students enrolling in the dark arts sign waivers. You're not teaching at a good college, right?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
NYEH HEH HEH HEH

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
I've had it. I'm sick of being Neutral. Oh it was great at first. Opened all kinds of doors for making money in hedge wizardry... but still got to be accepted in polite society. But. I am getting sick of all these cocktail parties where NASDAQmancers and Financial Dowsers blather on about how great it is that HexCorp is up 0.3%. I'm sick of the pretentious Good twerps lecturing me that I should "share my blessings with the poor." gently caress that! I've got a vault full of a gold dragons and the call of darkness in my heart. I'm ready to burn this poo poo to the ground. Help me, thread. What's the best way to get in touch with my Evil side?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hobelhouse posted:

I'm ready to burn this poo poo to the ground.

Youve answered your own question. Use scorching rays so you can save your fireballs for the cops.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Let's be totally honest for a second here. No wizard ever really sees themselves as evil, per se. It's just shortsighted idiots who resent our bootstrapping and want the fruits of our magical labors re-distributed to peasants from the Black Forest who didn't earn them.

Evil, for lack of a better world, is good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

did anybody say "I cast magic missile" yet?

I cast magic missile

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I don't get it, all students enrolling in the dark arts sign waivers. You're not teaching at a good college, right?

awwkkkwwwwaaarddddddddd

naem
May 29, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Let's be totally honest for a second here. No wizard ever really sees themselves as evil, per se. It's just shortsighted idiots who resent our bootstrapping and want the fruits of our magical labors re-distributed to peasants from the Black Forest who didn't earn them.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Go forth my undying minions of doom. Drown this worthless century in blood!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

It's fun to just cast some kind of corruption on them and send them back. A few days later, you got a whole village of shambling aberrations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, yes, it is.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
CERNomancers loving overcast fireballs on purpose. Now we're into plasma fans and gamma-rays. Eat poo poo, Elminster.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'll be glad when the tech wizard thing finally bites it. "Oh just look at me with my necromanctic construct fueled by electricity and souls the damned." Real cool, buddy, but as soon as someone realizes they can cut a couple wires or even jam a cell phone into it, you're toast.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Me and Vecna goin out for Mojitos at Ralphs Taqueria. Hit me up if you wanna join us.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

i'm not teaching dark arts, that's the thing. I'm teaching intro to wizardry at Mirkwood Uni and these loving undergrads are grating on my mind. I've blown out the minds of half a dozen students in anger. Being mindless thralls now I've just been sending them to an old ruin I hold the deed on. I send em by nightfall and they'll be gathering and making basic reagents under cover of dark in an area around the ruin until their flesh begins to decay.

On the upside i basically am able to fully supply all the reagents i need for my remaining students, which is good since Mirkwood's basic wizarding supply list is poo poo.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

God Of Paradise posted:

Me and Vecna goin out for Mojitos at Ralphs Taqueria. Hit me up if you wanna join us.

I'd join you, but I think he might still be bitter about that time I tried to harvest his body parts for the wizard black market.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Wrong Vecna, dude. We hang with Vecna of Imroglia. He's like 80% human and knows how to party. You're thinking of Vecna The Great, who was a demigod before becoming a lich. A demi-lich who somehow manages to be more uptight than a priest.

Also, still lolling at my vampire buddy who melted his face off trying to drink from a holy woman before she was corrupted. Dude still hasn't regenerated fully.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Oh, I never got to the real guy! I was late to the "Vecna became a God" party, and was trying to cash in on conceivable body parts that might have still been left behind.

Harvesting body parts from folks named Vecna meant I technically wasn't lying when I sold someone the Jawbone of Vecna.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

This makes the big Vecna proud.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I'm in wizard jail for my crimes. It's not too bad but my magic isn't strong enough so I can leave

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Alright, lets talk White Orbs of Power. Tacky or Cool?

Me personally, I like my Orbs of Power black as my Black Coffee of Awareness.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
you're missing out if you don't set your orb to Psychedelic Seizure, IMO

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
White works if it's an eyeball that gazes back at you.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Any love for prisms of power? I'm a tetrahedron man myself

vcvcvc12
Jun 9, 2013
Hi, it's your favorite (former) Paladin again, with a bit of a problem. See, I managed to slay or drive off all the paladins in the local citadel (thanks a lot to whichever necromancer assaulted the place with an undead army a week ago, big help). So now I have a citadel. Problem: it's still a really holy place. Like, I can't even do the Blackguard ritual properly in here because the ingredients burn to ash when I step on the property. Even after I murdered the head Paladin here and spread his blood all over. But I can't not keep the citadel, that would be wasteful. So I need someone to do some serious corruption and desecration. Like we're talking industrial strength.

I can pay in ancient Paladin artifacts (you'll have to corrupt them yourself) and also a lot of Paladin blood. Like, a lot, I saved it all. Also there's still a skeletal dragon in the mausoleum if you want it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
A guy sold me on the idea of purchasing a set of "hexahedrons" once, but it turned out they were just a handful of regular old playing dice.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

A guy sold me on the idea of purchasing a set of "hexahedrons" once, but it turned out they were just a handful of regular old playing dice.

You should tie the forces of chaos to them. It's a good laugh to pull out at a party.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

ChaseSP posted:

You should tie the forces of chaos to them. It's a good laugh to pull out at a party.

I fragmented the guys soul and put a piece into each one.

Fun party trick, yes. If you're someone who's not me. Nothing but snake eyes if I ever roll 'em.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

vcvcvc12 posted:

Hi, it's your favorite (former) Paladin again, with a bit of a problem. See, I managed to slay or drive off all the paladins in the local citadel (thanks a lot to whichever necromancer assaulted the place with an undead army a week ago, big help). So now I have a citadel. Problem: it's still a really holy place. Like, I can't even do the Blackguard ritual properly in here because the ingredients burn to ash when I step on the property. Even after I murdered the head Paladin here and spread his blood all over. But I can't not keep the citadel, that would be wasteful. So I need someone to do some serious corruption and desecration. Like we're talking industrial strength.

I can pay in ancient Paladin artifacts (you'll have to corrupt them yourself) and also a lot of Paladin blood. Like, a lot, I saved it all. Also there's still a skeletal dragon in the mausoleum if you want it.

Nice going, Percival. You didn't desecrate the citadel by slaying the head Paladin, you martyred him. That blood you painted the walls with now made the place a consecrated shrine. Pilgrims will be lining up around the block to pray to that poo poo.

You want to defile a holy place? Sacrifice of innocents, summon abominations, orgies in the nunnery, subvert and pervert sacred rites, orgies in the nunnery, corrupt the local lay people, orgies in the nunnery.

As for the relics, I'd be happy to unload them for you, but you can make a fortune by selling them to wealthy noble art collectors or ransoming them to the appropriate religious order.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I keep trying to make golems but necromaners keep stealing my raw materials to raise them as zombies. Can someone please give me some advice? TIA.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

I keep trying to make golems but necromaners keep stealing my raw materials to raise them as zombies. Can someone please give me some advice? TIA.

Your problem here is that you are starting with flesh golems, blood golems, bone golems, etc. Those come later in the build order, you need a couple straw golems at least to keep rival graverobbers away from your flesh farms until they are up and running.

All they have to do is scare them away, although if they do kill the necromancer's minions that's more flesh, bones, etc for your pile.

I mean, Animate Scarecrow is a simple spell, and necromancer minions are a cowardly and superstitious lot...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 23, 2017

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Conversely, you could put a Delayed Corpse Explosion spell on those suckers and wait 'till you hear the screams.

naem
May 29, 2011

vcvcvc12 posted:

there's still a skeletal dragon in the mausoleum if you want it.

I'm super tempted on the dragon skeleton but it takes a LOT of juice to keep one a them running and I might as well announce "evil wizard here come smite me" to have one flapping around the tower

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Conversely, you could put a Delayed Corpse Explosion spell on those suckers and wait 'till you hear the screams.

A necromancer can always gain more minions, fool!

It's like you don't know anything about startup culture.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

A necromancer can always gain more minions, fool!

It's like you don't know anything about startup culture.

Any necromancer worth his salt won't be anywhere near freshly raised minions anyway. They'll put new corpses in the fields where nothing gets hurt if they lapse into madness or explode or spontaneously decompose into pools of acid.

It's just smart business - corpses are weird and volatile sometimes. Gotta make sure you have prime ingredients before you start stitching together your golems or abominations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Skypie posted:

corpses are weird and volatile sometimes.

Yeah that's why I just take all the meat off

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skypie posted:

Any necromancer worth his salt won't be anywhere near freshly raised minions anyway. They'll put new corpses in the fields where nothing gets hurt if they lapse into madness or explode or spontaneously decompose into pools of acid.

It's just smart business - corpses are weird and volatile sometimes. Gotta make sure you have prime ingredients before you start stitching together your golems or abominations.

No, not freshly raised minions, I mean the teenage posers who wear clothes from Hot Topic and think that necromancy is cool.

Necromancy is not "cool," necromancy is a tool like any other tool. Just like ninja.

The thing is, you can get stupid kids to easily interfere with most kinds of dark wizards who are just starting to get settled in to a new territory before the arcane machines and defenses are set.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I can get a corpse easier and faster than they can convince some kid to risk having grandma blow up all over their hundreds of dollars worth of clothing and merch. Grandparents smell funny and you'll NEVER get the smell out. No one wants to be the goth kid that smells like dead grandma.

I'm more of an animating the inanimate person myself. If you thought Furbies and Bratz dolls were unholy before, imagine being chased down the hall by a couple dozen of them with sharp pointy teeth and glowing eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
My question is always why you'd want to do flesh or bone golems when earth and metal are so easy to get. Yeah, they're a huge step up from zombies and skeletons, but clay and brass and animated armors or are right there. And they don't stink up the workshop while you're piecing them together.

Unless you're super specialized as a necromancer???

• Locked thread