Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"So you move around Mementos inside of your cat"

"Well, he turns into a car first"

*throws up hands* "Of course, it was so obvious, why didn't I realize it"

If they do a persona 5 anime series I hope it's just 8 hours of the MC answering an increasingly incredulous Sae.

EDIT: is there any NG+ exclusive content? Hidden boss(es), new scenes, etc?

Sankis fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
There is a NG+ bonus boss.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Just finished Palace 3, have the knowledge to start Makoto.

What do the social stats do in this one? Trying to figure out what to max when.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

If you want to do Makoto, you'll need max charm.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The two biggest gates imo are Guts and Charm. Guts is required for a couple upgrade paths and Charm is the gate on a lot of the SLs. Unfortunately some of the SLs really get frozen up as a result (gently caress I need level four charm for this?!) but you can gain them pretty quickly over the course of the game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

They're pretty much all for Confidants. A few fringe benefits:

Knowledge: Gets you higher grades on exams.
Proficiency: More fishing attempts. I think more tool-making attempts, but I'm not 100% on that.

That's pretty much it. If you just want to go for the best benefits mechanically, go for Proficiency, Kindness, Knowledge, Charm, Guts. Proficiency has the best overall benefits and you need to max it for an endgame Confidant (who has some pretty nice benefits). You need Kindness 4 for a future Confidant and 5 to max Sojiro (and higher-ranking coffees and curries are good). Knowledge doesn't actually offer you that much, but you get some rewards for acing your exams, and you need to max it to max Star (who has good benefits). Charm's really just for Makoto, but if you want her better party passives go for it. Guts is just for Iwai, but Iwai's actual benefits are kind of useless.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 13, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Does anyone have a link to a guide for how to effectively fuse personas? I know that there are things like each Arcana having specific types of stats and certain arcana adding together to get a third type, but right now I kind of feel I'm running blind on getting them all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Be aware you'll want to put points into Kindness ASAP, as the Hermit Arcana needs Rank 4 to start it and it's well worth your while to do.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Be aware you'll want to put points into Kindness ASAP, as the Hermit Arcana needs Rank 4 to start it and it's well worth your while to do.

Ah poo poo my kindness is still 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fused an Ippon-Datara to get Rampage on Joker, but without the Hermit Confidant, I think it'll be easier and quicker at this point to get Yusuke up to level 18 so he can get Vicious Strike.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ometeotl posted:

If you want to do Makoto, you'll need max charm.

:wink:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

You've got a few months before you can even start it. Feed the plant whenever possible, work at the flower shop every once in a while, and on rainy days study and order the tea (I think the diner starts selling it soon if they haven't already).

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...what plant?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

With Kindness you can regain some lost ground by using Fortune's rank 1 ability before you feed your plant (use the good stuff from the red light district), work at the flower shop, or watch The Cake Knight Rises (buy the cinema appreciation guide too) for the sixth time.

FWIW, Proficiency is the only social stat you need to max just to open a Confidant--the rest will do the job at 4, or 3 for charm--and that one is apparently waaaay late in the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

...what plant?

Oh no

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm only in December, how late could I be? :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Am I right in assuming I should level temperance really quickly so that I can get the classroom benefit for more of the game?

I also saw that Sun has a deadline so now I think I should've been spending more time with him

So many choices

Thanks for the help everyone answering

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You want the late Temperance benefits most of all. It'll save you a lot of time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ometeotl posted:

You want the late Temperance benefits most of all. It'll save you a lot of time.

What you're aiming for is the max-level Temperance ability, which lets you go out at night after Palace/Mementos trips. Also the previous-tier abilities become free of charge.

Am I right in assuming I should level temperance really quickly so that I can get the classroom benefit for more of the game?

I also saw that Sun has a deadline so now I think I should've been spending more time with him

So many choices

Thanks for the help everyone answering

Sun is great, but that "deadline" is all of two weeks before the end of the game. It's not like in Persona 4 where Nanako and Dojima suddenly stop being available from October/November-ish onwards for story reasons.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

You've got a few months before you can even start it. Feed the plant whenever possible, work at the flower shop every once in a while, and on rainy days study and order the tea (I think the diner starts selling it soon if they haven't already).

It's the steak, actually. The fruit tea is for charm.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"So you move around Mementos inside of your cat"

"Well, he turns into a car first"

*throws up hands* "Of course, it was so obvious, why didn't I realize it"

"This one time, in the desert...."

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What you're aiming for is the max-level Temperance ability, which lets you go out at night after Palace/Mementos trips. Also the previous-tier abilities become free of charge.

Sun is great, but that "deadline" is all of two weeks before the end of the game. It's not like in Persona 4 where Nanako and Dojima suddenly stop being available from October/November-ish onwards for story reasons.

Oh that's dumb then I'll go back to ignoring him

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I DID IT!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Rirse posted:

Playing through Persona 3 and I think Fuuka was missing something.

yeah any redeeming qualities

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Temperance 3, Moon 5, Sun 5, Death 7, Fortune 7, and Star 1 are the non-party member Confidant ranks I would prioritize even if you have no intention of maxing them. That's not to say they don't have some amazing poo poo in later ranks (and most of them are cool people anyway), but if you're pressed for time and want to work on party members instead, that will give you a good set of tools to progress through the game.

I'm going to judge you for snubbing coffee dad though, even if the accessories you can buy from the doc make the SP recovery less important.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rangpur posted:

I'm going to judge you for snubbing coffee dad though

Well maybe if he wasn't so loving stingy on giving me rank ups I wouldn't snub him so much. :colbert:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"You gotta spend money to have fun, too bad we are all broke"

Speak for yourself dude I'm walking around with five hundred thousand yen in pocket change.

RME posted:

yeah any redeeming qualities

Oh come on now, she had...

...teal hair?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I liked her Persona design!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yusuke: [Has an emotional moment with the closest thing to a reunion to his mother]

Ryuji: [Burps]

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yusuke: [Has an emotional moment with the closest thing to a reunion to his mother]

Ryuji: [Burps]

The full emotional spectrum of Persona 5 displayed in a 10-second window.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Can you use Fortune's compatibility readings multiple times in a day?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Can you use Fortune's compatibility readings multiple times in a day?

Nope, once a day.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Oxxidation posted:

Nope, once a day.

It was still on the list when I went back for a luck reading, so for a moment I was thinking I could complete all my confidants by dumping a million yen right there and then.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I can't remember if it is like this, but I hope that you can max out the female social links without getting romantically involved with them. I don't want to bang Futaba, I want to wrap her in a blanket and feed her chips.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Congrats

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't remember if it is like this, but I hope that you can max out the female social links without getting romantically involved with them. I don't want to bang Futaba, I want to wrap her in a blanket and feed her chips.

You can definitely be in the lonely hearts club. I mean, the game warns you by telling you "I should choose my words carefully" and the non-romantic option is obvious.

DalaranJ posted:

It was still on the list when I went back for a luck reading, so for a moment I was thinking I could complete all my confidants by dumping a million yen right there and then.

I was sad I couldn't do this.

Temperance is a big time saver too. That 10 rank ability is amazing.

Oh that's dumb then I'll go back to ignoring him

The Sun link is not available in December.

He is also best social link.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
December I hope I get to hear 'Life will Change' at some point in this depressing-rear end dungeon. Can someone confirm this?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You'll get your wish.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All I'm going to do today is level up a bit and beat the boss. Alright! Well, I should probably wait out til the deadline to finish off this arc. Oh, I should get around to that Mementos request too. All of a sudden it's 4 hours later.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

SP Adhesive 3 really does break this game. I have been blowing through the bottom layer of Mementos with my strongest spell then running back up to the high levels to just sit in a fight with a weak guy to regain everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So you guys with almighty Arsenes...do you just keep the one from the beginning and feed him spell cards to make him so good? There's not a better version you can fuse later? Excepting Satanael