Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pick posted:

When he went out to his parents' vacation home last year, which is in a really romantic spot, I offered to stop by in case he "wanted some company" but he said he did not want to be interrupted while re-watching Fawlty Towels.

You were more interesting when you weren't just a boring stereotype of an angry independent women who actually just craves the validation of some lovely dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mocking Bird posted:

You were more interesting when you weren't just a boring stereotype of an angry independent women who actually just craves the validation of some lovely dude

Why, because that's your gimmick?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pick posted:

Why, because that's your gimmick?

Gimmick posting in general is bad. Yours is stale now. That's worse.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Someone should make an r/pick subreddit and create a thread about it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's just rich coming from Mocking Bird, who tries to act "empowered" about the fact that exactly the same thing happened to her, except at least I was only making low-grade mistakes for myself and placing the appropriate blame on his shoulders, as opposed to trying to pretend I became a stronger woman by nearly moving in with someone who just wanted a silent live-in gently caress hole who would almost certainly make a play for her foster daughter considering how the rest of their open relationship went.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Like, it's fun to whine, but tbh so he threw away some cupcakes. At this point it's just another story that people either think is funny or don't, but I'm not really out anything just because I hung out with a rude friend for a while.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pick posted:

It's just rich coming from Mocking Bird, who tries to act "empowered" about the fact that exactly the same thing happened to her, except at least I was only making low-grade mistakes for myself and placing the appropriate blame on his shoulders, as opposed to trying to pretend I became a stronger woman by nearly moving in with someone who just wanted a silent live-in gently caress hole who would almost certainly make a play for her foster daughter considering how the rest of their open relationship went.

What--you have a daughter???

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The drama is coming from inside the thread!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Khazar-khum posted:

What--you have a daughter???

Nah that's MB who got told off at the brink of moving in with a guy who admitted he didn't like being around her, but would still screw her on the days he didn't bring back a hotter piece of tail and walk it by her in the living room.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

Like, it's fun to whine, but tbh so he threw away some cupcakes. At this point it's just another story that people either think is funny or don't, but I'm not really out anything just because I hung out with a rude friend for a while.

Cupcakes are p much garbage once you lick the frosting off of them anyways so.. :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Cupcakes are p much garbage once you lick the frosting off of them anyways so.. :shrug:

The story gets a life of its own for internet amusement, but if you look through the original content in particular, he's an old friend who has gotten withdrawn and was bad at being punctual. We never never a couple. I'd bake stuff for work and drop some of it off on my way home since he happened to live by my workplace. We went camping and he crawled under a truck, and that part is still pretty funny.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

yikes, who let the cats out

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pick posted:

Do you have me confused with another poster? I dumped my ex for not wanting to be monogamous, not because of any of that stuff. He wasn't pedo and nor did we live together or plan to live together.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

i've never known pick to let the truth get in the way of a good queen-bee put-down

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
This thread got really weird all of a sudden. :frogon:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I prefer it to the lice/lotus pod photoshop gimmick pick had a bit ago at least

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mocking Bird posted:

My boyfriend and I broke up on Thursday. We have known each other for six years, dating on and off through all of it. We had decided to make a real go of it the last six months.

He was dishonest about his mental health, and had been suffering in silence a lot. He resented me when our interactions caused him minor stress, and I was blissfully unaware that he was incapable of handling it.

I have a foster daughter and a very domestic life, and it started to trigger his anxiety when I began to talk to him about how he fits into my life. Concurrently, his OCD worsened and he wasn't even able to spend the night at my house or bear to see me more than once or twice a week.

He's a kind, gentle person who works very hard to make my life better, but I couldn't bear the idea of me being a source of stress and resentment for him. So I broke up with him and he cried and asked me to still be his friend because he does care deeply about me and we have six years of friendship and mutual support together.

I feel pretty hollow about it. I feel angry that he let me convince him to do something he wasn't willing to commit to. I feel sad because it's another rejection. I feel kind of worthless and burdensome. I feel embarrassed that I will have to explain this to my 17 year old daughter who adores him.

this one and on

it's spread out but a fair amount is there

Mocking Bird posted:

He hasn't even tried to message me

That makes not talking to him easier but also kind of twists the knife by showing how much I was the one that motivated all of our contact

One of the last things he said to me was how relieved he felt

Pick fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 14, 2017

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

it's like depressive/obsessive skylark, and skylark does skylark better, imo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

i've never known pick to let the truth get in the way of a good queen-bee put-down

I've never known Shithouse Dave let the truth get in the way of still being mad about a dead chatroom

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Somebody else post content. Not me. I have a life.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
That sure is a generic sad breakup over mental health. Alas.

rat-born cock
Apr 3, 2017

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."
kids probs are way better than whatever is happening on this page

quote:

I'm really stuck here reddit. I need help. 13 year old brother here needing some advice on how to strengthen the relationship with my sister (10). Please help me.

Okay I know I'm just a kid and I probably shouldn't be on reddit but i really need help here. When my sister was born I was kinda a bully to her being 3 years older. I never wanted her in my life at the time and she thought the same for me. Now I'm 13 and she's 10 and I understand I made lots of mistakes in my relationship with her. I am trying to get our relationship back together but it's like she doesn't want me in this world anymore. I really truly regret being such a bad brother to her in her early years and I really hope this hasn't made her hate me so much nowadays. since she learned to speak she has been absolutely terrible to me both emotionally and physically. She will constantly attack me whenever she gets the chance to. I try not to attack her back because I am extremely afraid I will hurt her seriously(she is very fragile) or get caught by my father or mother. We get into fights almost every day and it results in her crying and running off to her room saying "i hate you" or "why are you even alive" and most of the time its about something so idiotic you wouldn't even believe. Here's an example: Just today as I was on the computer playing some Minecraft she walked into the room I was in (guest room) told me I was worthless kicked the chair and told me I had to get off the computer so her and her friend could play a game while they video chat on their iPods I told her in a firm voice that I was on the computer and I wouldn't get off at the time she screamed at me (note that we have a laptop that works perfectly) and told me to get on the laptop. Again I said I would not at the time. She got like super pissed off when I said this. She ran to my father (sleeping because of an injury) woke him up and told him to get me off the computer. Knowing that my father gets really hurt when he gets up out of bed I got off to tend to him and relax on my iPad for a bit. She knows I'm soft when my mother or father are involved and she knows that she can blackmail anything against me. I don't let her beat me up or anything(I'm not weak psychically at all just emotionally) but she will get really horrid sometimes. Just imagine that annoying Facebook girl that always posts those "lame" statuses, mix it with a drama queen, and then take every idiot face on f7u12 and then you have my sister. I really was not trying to be harsh there but that is really what she acts like around me. Yes, she has been good sometimes. Yes, she isn't always bad and devilish. But really, I love her a lot and want her to have a good relationship with me. I admit I really have been a real bitch to her (pardon my language, I know I shouldn't have said that) but I want that to change. I want a loving sister who will care about me. I don't even care if she says she cares I just really want her to love me as a brother. I want to be there for her and protect her and be a friend to her all the time. Please reddit you are the only hope I've got to brining this relationship together.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mocking Bird posted:

That sure is a generic sad breakup over mental health. Alas.

Dude I just find you annoying because you're trying to do the thing where you just relabel aspects of your terrible self-esteem and take it out on people who don't. Like before I got bored of that string, there's a post where you say you went six months between dates? I'd rather whine because I didn't have my way than be a martyr.

rat-born cock
Apr 3, 2017

"Garbage! Trash! Offal! Debris! Come and get it! Nothing whole or undamaged! Crap, tripe, and useless piles of shit. You know you want it."
My absolute favorite post in this thread was the story about a kid whose older brothers told him "mom's gonna kill you!!" and made him a little grave. Kids are loving hilarious as long as they're other people's.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

The story gets a life of its own for internet amusement, but if you look through the original content in particular, he's an old friend who has gotten withdrawn and was bad at being punctual. We never never a couple. I'd bake stuff for work and drop some of it off on my way home since he happened to live by my workplace. We went camping and he crawled under a truck, and that part is still pretty funny.

I missed a bunch of crap here. So you're ex bf :airquote: is a cat? :shrug:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I imagine most of the people giving advice on /r/relationships are similar to pick.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Wow this got trashy

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

fucks sake, this thread is the worst. just post loving reddit poo poo, christ. gently caress.

quote:

WARNING: Spoilers for the current season of The Big Bang Theory
It's not very often that a tv show prompts me to post a rant online about it but goddamnit, I'm angry and I need to vent!

Sooo, after a long stint of not watching the newer episodes due to being distracted by my other fandoms (Sherlock, Elementry, Supernatural, etc], the last TBBT episode I watched was the one where Leonard and Penny get married before friends and family with the ceromony conducted by Bernadette. So, yes, missed quite a few episodes.

Still, I managed to catch up with the repeats on E4 but to my shock and horror, I am dismayed at how they threw away some perfectly good character development over the last 9 seasons and turned Sheldon into a baby-obsessed idiot.

FOR FUCKSAKE, LORRE!

I've watched this show since the beginning. I found myself identifying with Sheldon as time went on, largely because according to several interviews with the actor Jim Parsons, he plays the character as if he has Asperger's Syndrome even though this is denied by the show creators. (Great for visability, Mr. Lorre. sarcasm)

As a person on the spectrum herself, I could relate to Sheldon as a character- how he was both puzzled and exasperated by social conventions that a typical person wouldn't think twice about, his use of logic, reason and need for evidence-based confirmation of truth instead of blind faith and how he never really seemed all that interested in the physical side of human affection.

When they introduced the character of Amy Farrah Fowler, I was a bit wary. "Please don't turn him into a sex-crazed horndog!" I quietly thought as their romance played out before me. Fortunately, up to the point where Sheldon matured and developed as a character willing to commit himself to giving Amy his virginity, the romance was quite well-written in my honest opinion.

I watched the "Coitus" episode squealing quietly over the subtle and sensitive way it was portrayed, realisticly even, as both Sheldon and Amy voiced their nervousness and fears before supporting each other through a very personal journey.

All aboard the Shamy train!

So far, so good. Yet due to a number of reasons, I fell out of favor of watching the show. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the notion of Bernadette being pregnant to begin with as I always feel that adding a baby to a sitcom usually results in a downslide of quality that one brilliant user on this forum described as Jumping The Uterus.

It happened to Grey's Anatomy. It happened to Bones and I'm sure there are countless other shows ruined or at least reduced in quality by the advent of Baby Rabies.

It happened to Friends too. I wasn't too put out by Ross's lesbian wife getting pregant as at the time I was young and believed that making babies is just what married people do. The surrogacy storyline with Phoebe was also met with a similar view but I was dismayed when, towards the end, she expressed views to keep one of the brats.

Then, accidental pregnancy for Rachel! Honestly, look back, Rachel always kinda struck me as a woman who, if faced with an unplanned pregnancy, would probably have gone for an abortion. Think about it: she's so career orientated and ambitious that it seems out of place for me to consider her having any maternal feelings whatsoever.

But no. That show truly jumped the uterus.

But back to the main subject of my rant: How Chuck Lorre reduced my favorite character to a jibbering daddict in the making.

I was watching one of the newer episodes of the 10th season on E4 catch-up the other night and in it, Sheldon and Amy were conducting a biological experiment which involved combining their respective DNA to produce a result.

The experiment was a success and Amy comments "I wonder what the next step is." or something to that effect, to which Sheldon replies: "I know what it is. WE MAKE A BAAAAYBEEE!"

Um, WHAT?!

Hold the loving phone. I knew Sheldon had expressed a desire to spawn in previous seasons, wanting to "gift humanity with his superior progeny" but I honestly thought this was just his arrogance talking.
Amy rightly rebuffed him, shocked, and told him "I'm just not ready for a baby right now."
BUT SHELDON WOULDN'T ACCEPT THAT.

Nope. Throughout the course of the episode, he kept trying to seduce Amy through a series of ridiculous acts that culminated in him standing in Leonard and Penny's apartment doing some kind of bizarre chicken dance/flaminco in a bid to inflame Amy's lust.

It was disgusting for me to see. I was like "Geez, scrape your dignity off the floor and stop this madness!"
I had to turn it off at that point. I'm so angry with Chuck Lorre (and Bill Prady. No doubt he also had a hand in this) right now.

WHY does ever character I enjoy have to be inevitably stricken with loving Baby Fever?

I honestly expected, after Howard and Bernadette popped one out, that Leonard and Penny would be next on the chopping block but to turn Sheldon-a character who always felt reasonably childfree to me- into a raging wannabe Daddict?

No. No. No. Nope.

I'm officially done with this show.

Thanks a lot, Chuck, you bastard. Thanks for destroying the one sitcom character I could relate to.

And breathe.

TL:DR: The Big Bang Theory jumps the uterus but not in the way I expected.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

quote:

My [M35] soon to be ex wife [F36] is sending our friends letters detailing all the things she hates about them and then pretending it wasn't her who sent them.[new]
submitted 1 day ago by WeirdWifeWeirdness

My [M35] wife [F36] and I have been separated for two years, the divorce will be final within a few weeks. While I would say that our friends during our marriage were "mutual" friends (as in we all seemed to get along as couples), as I'm looking back it's clear the deeper and longer term relationships were mine.
"Joanie" tends to have very intense relationships at first, but over time she focuses on more and more petty things and suddenly there's some dramatic breakup (not unlike how our marriage went down). While I certainly have fewer friends, my relationships have lasted longer and are definitely stronger, and now without me there I think she's seeing her link to some of these couples we did things with fade.
Anyway, on to the actual question... After the separation, Joanie still wanted to be a part of our friends group. That was fine by me, but it became pretty obvious pretty quickly that it wasn't really comfortable for everyone. For example, she insisted on going to the Outer Banks with the two couples we always vacationed there with in the summer. She came back complaining that they wanted to do couples activities and she was left feeling like a third wheel. Our friends, while polite about it, suggested that they'd rather she had not spent the entire time complaining about me. She took that personally, I haven't heard the end of it yet.
Apparently, neither have they: over the past two or three weeks, nearly every single one of our mutual acquaintances has received a letter from Joaine detailing how they're bad friends and people. The letter has her return address on it and is mailed from her postal code, all typed save for a signature that supposedly kinda sorta but not really looks like hers. She claims it's faked, I think she just signed differently than normal.
Joanie has been then calling or emailing the people who received these and has sworn up and down that it's me sending them to make her look bad. Why I believe it's actually her is twofold: one, the things these letters contain are things she's told me, and are not things someone else that wasn't Joanie would know anyway. Second, she sent an email "explanation" and "so sorry it wasn't me!" to a friend who hadn't even gotten the letter yet, much less made mention of anything like it.
Most of our friends don't believe that it's me, most of them do think it's Joanie or maybe her somewhat nutty mom (whole 'nother story there), but I feel like I should still be explaining/apologizing. I feel like I somehow put my friends in the middle of my divorce.
How do I navigate this and/or talk to them about it? Do I even need to do anything or just let our friendship speak for itself? How do I approach Joanie?
tl;dr: My [M35] soon to be ex wife [F36] is, I believe, sending notes to all of our friends complaining about them and insulting them. She then claims it's me who sent them as an attempt to discredit/embarrass her. While I don't think my friends actually believe it's me, I still feel like I should say or do something? And how do I address Joanie?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Every now and then you see a post that makes you feel young. Like this one. I feel like I just got transported back to Mr Ryan's 7th grade math class and the girls squabbling over Timothy.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Drunk Nerds posted:

how is this still under the radar? is this just a cheeky english phrase i dont know about, or something?

nah she was just mental

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

rat-born cock posted:

My absolute favorite post in this thread was the story about a kid whose older brothers told him "mom's gonna kill you!!" and made him a little grave. Kids are loving hilarious as long as they're other people's.

That one is hilarious, would've made a really good Malcolm in the middle episode

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.
[ANGRY MONKEY NOISES]

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Eagle boyfriend is still rad as gently caress

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

There was also that 20 year old who dumped his gf for suggesting they open up their relationship specifically so she could bang a mutual friend.

sometimes i still think about the one where the girlfriend wanted to open the relationship so she could gently caress her coworker(?) guilt-free and the boyfriend said "let me sleep on it" and the next day shut it down categorically and the gf was like, SHOCKED that he had the spine to say no unequivocally. can't find it for the life of me, but i'm glad some people are standing up for themselves in a thread full of losers and doormats.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Gloryhold It! posted:

Eagle boyfriend is still rad as gently caress

also this one was good.

there's lots of good ones.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

like this classic:

My [27F] husband [28M] of 2 years (together 5) has recently started to use the n-word for fun and keeps doing it despite my requests to stop.

This is corny as poo poo and I wish this wasn't happening in my life. You know that NWA movie that came out a while ago? My husband didn't even know what NWA was but hopped on the bandwagon quick and saw it in September. I didn't go because I have no interest in the movie. My husband sees the movie, comes back home, and acts like he's the hardest mofo in the town. In the following weeks, he starts listening to a ton of gangsta rap. I have no problem with this, I actually find it kind of cute, but my problem lies in his use of the n-word in everyday speech.

Since October, my husband has adopted the n-word into his daily vocabulary and says it constantly. Here are a few examples with their contexts.
  • Asking me when dinner will be ready- "When's the food gonna be ready, n***a?"

• Complaining about his coworker- "I loving hate that n***a Dave, man."

• Greeting me when he comes home from work- "What's good, my n***a?"
Although this isn't exactly relevant, my husband and I are both pasty Irish-Italian. We are super white and it only serves to amplify the cringe induced when my husband speaks like this. I've told him several times that's corny and cringey to hear him speak like that, and more importantly, it's racially insensitive. I tell him I'd appreciate it if he stops saying it and go back to normal, and he tells me it's no big deal. I tell him he's insulting an entire people and their history through his continued usage and he dismisses what I say as "tumblr bullshit" and that "no one is getting hurt by me saying the n-word".

He doesn't seem to understand that I'M getting hurt by it. I don't like hearing it in my household, and it makes me uncomfortable that my husband, the love of my life, can be so immature about this. I've told him several times that I don't like it and want him to stop, but he just doesn't care. I've asked some of my close friends about this and they too are baffled and appalled by my husband's behavior. They advised me to tell him very seriously how much it bothers me and I followed through it. Lo and behold, my husband once again did not give a poo poo. He said verbatim "It's not hurting anyone. Stop getting offended so easily, n***a".

I'm at my wit's end. Obviously this isn't a divorce-worthy issue. Yet there seems to be no solution to this problem. I've told him countless times to stop and he just doesn't care. I'm glad we don't have kids in the house to hear the n-word but drat it I don't want to hear it either. One of my friends suggested withholding sex until he stops but such a strategy seems really gross and I'm not so big on weaponizing sex. I'm completely at a loss as to how to get through to my husband. I don't want to live the rest of my life and raise children while my husband speaks in such a way. But holy poo poo, I can't think of anything to fix it.

tl;dr: Husband thinks he's a real g. Keeps using the n-word and doesn't stop despite my requests.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Stop getting offended so easily, n***a

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 14, 2017

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

sometimes i still think about the one where the girlfriend wanted to open the relationship so she could gently caress her coworker(?) guilt-free and the boyfriend said "let me sleep on it" and the next day shut it down categorically and the gf was like, SHOCKED that he had the spine to say no unequivocally. can't find it for the life of me, but i'm glad some people are standing up for themselves in a thread full of losers and doormats.

See that's bullshit. If they were real lovers it should be "hey I wanna gently caress my coworker do you want to gently caress them with me? No? Alright well I'm gonna go ahead and gently caress them then" "oh ok then don't fall in love you stupid oval office" "thanks babe I won't I just think it's gonna be really hot". :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

See that's bullshit. If they were real lovers it should be "hey I wanna gently caress my coworker do you want to gently caress them with me? No? Alright well I'm gonna go ahead and gently caress them then" "oh ok then don't fall in love you stupid oval office" "thanks babe I won't I just think it's gonna be really hot". :shrug:

what's good, my n***a?