Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

zakharov posted:

The tournament is worst person not biggest weirdo. It's hard to top child molesters and rapists for that.

That's fair, I was approaching it as best story due to the good natured tone. There's not fun in voting on the worst rapist. All of the rapists are bad though and should definitely be collectively the worst people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Re berth el pup. Don't forget the wedding vows he wanted, specifically stating to all present that he was a pathetic little man. That's just blatantly hosed up

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah you can only go by "best story about someone horrible" because I mean, otherwise what can it even really mean.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
You could go by weirdest, or something.

I guess I would consider Eagle Boyfriend to be among the best, but not for the same reasons as others.

Best story illustrated by Elsa?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Don't forget the guy who told his fiancee that he was going to the gym 1st thing in the morning after their wedding night.

Me [32M] not sure how to handle my overbearing and intrusive mom [71F]

quote:

I am an only child and the only relative I have is my mom (no grandparents, no cousins, uncles/aunts, etc.). I never met my father and do not know who he is. I guess I was pretty isolated growing up, but never realized it until I was older. My mom never had any friends, only worked sporadically, was constantly worried about me going out and meeting people, etc. She was also very paranoid and would tell me women would just use me, try to get pregnant and trap me, and so on.

I lived with my mom until I was 26 and I finished grad school. I moved about 3 hours away from her. She calls me everyday (sometimes multiple times a day) to tell me how lonely she is, how much she misses me, whines about how she has no friends, complains everyone else has better lives, and will literally talk in a baby voice.

If I don't answer my phone she will call again and again or send me text messages asking if I am okay. She will also periodically send me blog posts she writes herself about single moms dying of "broken heart syndrome" after being abandoned by their children.
I do go visit her at least six times a year and she is welcome to come visit me when she wants to. She is extremely intrusive and I don't feel very comfortable when she comes to see me. She always wants to see my job, meet my coworkers, goes through my belongings, had gone through my emails, complains when I want to run errands without her and so on. She also acts very antisocial in public and it is embarrassing.

My mom insists I involve her in all aspects of my life (she needs to see apartments before I rent them, sends me links to houses she wants me to buy, wants to come car shopping with me, sends me furniture I didn't ask for, wants to see job descriptions when I'm looking for work). If I say no to these things, she will pester me forever about it. She has also used my phone to track me, opens my bank statements to see my spending history, asks for copies of all of my medical records, demands to manage my finances (filing taxes and investments). I do say no to many of her requests, but again she will whine about it forever.

She doesn't do anything all day except sit at home and watch TV and try to spy on me. Constantly looking at my Facebook, checking to see if I am tagged in any posts, monitoring my toll road usage to see which roads I'm on (I had to set up my own account because of this). She also made a fake Facebook profile and friended my social circle to keep tabs on them.

This has made it hard for me to have good romantic relationships. I've had several long term GFs, but either my mom hates them or they don't like her behavior and conflict ensues. I would like to get married soonish (currently single) but it is always a struggle to introduce people to my mom. My mom will make critical comments about them to me, but also really wants grandkids.

Is there anything I can do to improve my relationship with my mom? I did suggest that we only talk on the phone when I call her, but she continues to text me these guilt tripping messages if I try to go a few days without talking to her ("I'm so lonely, I guess you're cutting me out of your life for good, just let me know you're alive, I miss you). Ugh it is really hard because she is literally my only family!

tl;dr: I am almost 33 and my mom won't act normal

Also from Norman here

quote:

If I set better boundaries, could she actually die from "broken heart syndrome"? I googled it and it seems to be semi real.

33 goddamn years old.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

all this tournament poo poo is like extreeeeeemely old gbs :/

I'm bringing sincerity back.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

zakharov posted:

Yikes

A few weeks ago, I[23M] proposed to my gf[22F] of 3.5 years. On the same day her family back home went through some tragedies and now everyone is rude and nasty towards my gf for being "happy" on "a dark day".

I just looked this one up, and here's more explanation from the comments:

OP: "Yeah, my post is a bit of mess for which I apologize. I hope I can explain it better here. This is all happening in the span of two days (A and B).
Her sister has a miscarriage on A, her two brothers got into a car accident later that same evening and on B I propose. She posts on FB on B and after maybe an hour, a friend of my fiance from back home calls her to tell her to remove the post and explains what happened. My only guess was that after the car accident, her entire family was pre-occupied with the accident and kinda put Lisa on the back burner. Either that or no one cared enough about Lisa and deemed her not important enough to let her know about this."

Did she remove the post? If she didn't, that explains why everyone got pissed off.

OP: "Almost as soon as she was done talking to her friend."

WTF? They're all freaking out at her even though they didn't bother to tell her about her cousin's death, brothers' serious injuries, or sister's miscarriage? She had to hear about her family from a friend a day later after they started blaming her for celebrating her engagement? Obviously they told more distant relatives, as well as lots of local friends, because those are the people who left nasty comments. There must be something else going on in that family that we're not seeing.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just remembered the dude that accidentally vaped his dad's piss because the dad didn't want him vaping in the house and pissed in the reservoir.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

The 33 year old man with the extremely mentally ill mom needs to go post in r/raisedbynarcissists .

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Carbon Thief posted:

OP: "Yeah, my post is a bit of mess for which I apologize. I hope I can explain it better here. This is all happening in the span of two days (A and B).
Her sister has a miscarriage on A, her two brothers got into a car accident later that same evening and on B I propose. She posts on FB on B and after maybe an hour, a friend of my fiance from back home calls her to tell her to remove the post and explains what happened. My only guess was that after the car accident, her entire family was pre-occupied with the accident and kinda put Lisa on the back burner. Either that or no one cared enough about Lisa and deemed her not important enough to let her know about this."

Did she remove the post? If she didn't, that explains why everyone got pissed off.

WTF? They're all freaking out at her even though they didn't bother to tell her about her cousin's death, brothers' serious injuries, or sister's miscarriage? She had to hear about her family from a friend a day later after they started blaming her for celebrating her engagement? Obviously they told more distant relatives, as well as lots of local friends, because those are the people who left nasty comments. There must be something else going on in that family that we're not seeing.

She probably would have done better explaining herself on the post than deleting it and feeding herself to the wolves.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Carbon Thief posted:

Fun Fact about Blarzgh - the same day we announced our first pregnancy to the whole family, my Aunt died in the same house. That was a weird Thanksgiving.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

blarzgh posted:

Fun Fact about Blarzgh - the same day we announced our first pregnancy to the whole family, my Aunt died in the same house. That was a weird Thanksgiving.

Did the surprise cause her to have a heart attack?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

It's actually called a womb, and yeah sounds like that took some serious acrobatics.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

therobit posted:

His family has a very strict one-in, one-out rule.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

No, and I'm glad I don't have to explain to my daughter that she killed a relative that she never met!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Pretty sure she just reincarnated into your baby's body and your wife gave birth to your aunt hth

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

His family has a very strict one-in, one-out rule.

Nothing about my screen name or real name makes a good play on words with Logan's Run, so lets just pretend I made a funny joke about it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fruit on the bottom posted:

Pretty sure she just reincarnated into your baby's body and your wife gave birth to your aunt hth

No offense to my dead Aunt, but I sincerely hope not.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

blarzgh posted:

No offense to my dead Aunt, but I sincerely hope not.

Reminder that blarzgh believes in ghosts. There is a 100% chance that your wife's uterus is haunted by your dead aunt.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Judging the most entertaining (or infuriating) post is better than just determining the objectively worst person because that turns the whole thing into the pedophile world championship playoffs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

blarzgh posted:

No, and I'm glad I don't have to explain to my daughter that she killed a relative that she never met!

Fun family fact! My great uncle told my great aunt "You're killing me, Cass!" when he was having a heart attack and then started laughing until he passed out. He died a few hours later at the hospital. It was exactly his kind of humor, but my great aunt took it pretty hard at the time. We all think it was pretty great now though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fun family fact! My great uncle told my great aunt "You're killing me, Cass!" when he was having a heart attack and then started laughing until he passed out. He died a few hours later at the hospital. It was exactly his kind of humor, but my great aunt took it pretty hard at the time. We all think it was pretty great now though.

This owns

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My [23 F] bf [23 M] of 3 years doesn't wash his hands after using the bathroom. Is that normal?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We have a great relationship and on the whole I'm very happy. This is just a minor issue that has been getting to me.

We started living together in September and I noticed that he doesn't always wash his hands after using the bathroom. At first I assumed he'd just forgotten (he's pretty forgetful), and I'd remind him.

But as time passed I started noticing that he wasn't forgetting it occasionally, he just wasn't doing it ever. We talked about it because it bothered me and he said that it was fine, that he never got sick and that people are way to concerned with cleanliness. He is quite messy and I knew that, but I really thought people generally washed their hands after the bathroom. Also, he might not get sick a lot but I do, and what about other people that come to our house? what about when he makes food? Yuck!

Anyway, the more I remind him the more it gets on his nerves and he feels like I'm nagging and bitching all the time. He just brushes it off like I'm being a silly neat freak.

So my question is. Am I?

Do people not wash their hands as often as I think they do? Am I being obsessive? Or is he being unsanitary?

tl;dr: I want my bf to wash his hands after using the bathroom, and he thinks I'm a neat freak. Who is in the right?

quote:

Edit: update: I've shown him this thread and we've talked about it. He's agreed to wash his hands after he poops and before making food. Woohoo! He is still refusing to use soap though. I'm pretty happy with the results, should I push for soap, or quit while I'm ahead?

Won the battle but lost the war.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sphinctyrric Victory

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

quote:

If I set better boundaries, could she actually die from "broken heart syndrome"? I googled it and it seems to be semi real.

Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is a real thing, but dying from it is extraordinarily rare these days, since you just need beta blockers and maybe some in-hospital care and some rest afterward. Heals itself, mostly.

Reasons my pts have had takotsubo:

--Husband died of a massive right-sided heart attack in front of her
--Preteen daughter diagnosed with leukemia the same weekend they closed the offer on their house
--Catastrophic PTSD after a sexual assault, started having increased frequency of flashbacks a few months later
--Just kinda happened, I guess, nothing really weird happened lately

If going six hours without talking to your healthy adult son puts you at risk of heart failure from stress, you are dumber than Padme Amidala and you need to either get some loving psychiatric help or accept your own inevitable stupid death.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

dudeness posted:

My [23 F] bf [23 M] of 3 years doesn't wash his hands after using the bathroom. Is that normal?

Won the battle but lost the war.

I usually only wash my hands if I'm about to eat or after pooping, does that make me a terrible manchild?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clark Nova posted:

Judging the most entertaining (or infuriating) post is better than just determining the objectively worst person because that turns the whole thing into the pedophile world championship playoffs

I mean and those are pretty different. Like, to me, the Roald Dahl Aunts are hilarious in a vegetable-stealing incest whisper kind of way, the Berth Ell Pup guy is just absurd selfishness and self-destruction.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
PS I would be so angry and hurt if I was publicly marrying someone and they insisted that I humiliate and belittle them in front of everyone I know. Are they trying to make my family think I'm an idiot with bad taste? Are they seriously gonna use my sweet old granny as a sort of auxiliary sex toy? Can they at least participate in the weird kinky couple poo poo we do?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I think if she did the ultimate cuckolding and just left him at the alter and never came back, he die from a semen explosion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
reposting this one 'cause i love it

quote:

I'm [M/22] and listening to "dancing queen" by ABBA made me really depressed about my life, age and girls.I'm also in love with this girl [18/F] from okcupid who thinks im a stalker.Personal issues
0 points 25 comments submitted 2 years ago by Williamred_lonely to r/relationships

I heard the song 'dancing queen' by abba yesterday in a restaurant, and the lyrics really made me think

So I'm 21, and so far, my life hasn't been what I was hoping it would be. I've never had a girlfriend or even a kiss, and I've only had sex once in my life when I was 19...and that was at the moonlite bunnyranch.

my life has failed. im very unhealthy, and none of my plans worked the way i wanted them to. i hitch-hiked to LA when i was 19 to be a rockstar, but that didnt work. ive always had fantasies of fortune and fame, of being somebody, because i just cant stand being a nobody. i often have little fantsies and daydreams throughout the day, very vivid. ive had them my entire life, although i used to get very strong visions when i shot speedballs (heroin/cocaine) in L.A. i dont do that anymore, but sometimes istill get the visions and they're actually quite fun.

ive spent my entire life on the "outside"- no friends, no sex, no real life. living in hollywood was a wild ride, for sure, and its a great story, but im still riddled with regret.

when dancing queen came on, i had one of those visions. i found a website that had lyric interpretations, and the first entry struck a chord. Google "dancing queen lyric meanings ", it's the 2nd result.

its really about a beautiful 17 year old girl, in the prime of her life,having one of those magical youthful summer nights. every looks at her, and how perfect she is, and "The theme in the song is one of joy and a celebration of youth and innocence while a lament for that same loss of youth and innocence felt by the onlookers." this was really sad for me, because it reminds me of how my true youth is nearly over- that magical 17-20 era, the college years- and ive never had any real experience with a girl.

i had a vision of the dancing queen. i imagined her as a girl from okcupid im in love with. i imagined some resort on a greek beach, seeing her dancing, wishing i could be with her, how beautiful she is. but the reality is, im almost 22, she just turned 18. im ugly, she's beautiful. i got IP banned by okcupid for messaging her a lot and creeping her out, she said she thought it was harrassment. i know it was wrong and im really sorry :( its actually a mini-scandal on r/okcupid. i'm known for being a creepy, stalker troll, and they hate me for it. she hates me for it. I hate me for it.

im really scared ofthe day im 26 and see some 19 year old college kids walk in, and seeing how attractive the girls are. ill be "old" to them, past my prime, officially sliding down towards the end. i find that im still mostly attracted to 17-19 year olds, I think but I never experienced that so my brain never matured past it. mentally, i still feel 20. im notreadyto be 22, and it feels weird, like ill wake up tomorrow and be 18 again. its really scary that aging if forever, especially when you missed the best years.

Actually, one of the reasons i wanted to get famous was to promote transhumanism/anti-aging technologies that could make people biological young again, giving me a 2nd chance.but now my opportunity to explore avenues for becoming famous hve run thin. too old to start acting, and the rock star trip has been over for over 20 years. i have one thing left- my book. im writing a book on MRA/feminism with a autobiographical part.

but now im a shell of my former self. 4 years of terrible diet has left me very unhealthy. my looks are gone my energy is gone and my mind is gone. but i want to come back. i want to get to live, just once, at LEAST once.

so this morning i woke up and went running at the beach. it was my first time running in over a year- ivebeen too sick. i nearly threw up and thought i was going to die, but i finished the whole run. im going to start eating paleo, and im going to get better so im good enough for that girl from okcupid

because the truth is...i realize that i adore her, and always will. she's perfect and i cant stop thinking about her. i have to make myself better to deserve her.

TL;DR lament lost youth, unreturned love.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

elise the great posted:

PS I would be so angry and hurt if I was publicly marrying someone and they insisted that I humiliate and belittle them in front of everyone I know. Are they trying to make my family think I'm an idiot with bad taste? Are they seriously gonna use my sweet old granny as a sort of auxiliary sex toy? Can they at least participate in the weird kinky couple poo poo we do?

re: a commenter telling her that people could easily google "berth ell pup" and find that thread

quote:

Oh my god you're right.

I told him this ten minutes ago. He knows that I reddit (he's a redditor too), and when I brought this up in the first place I told him that I asked reddit for advice and showed him the original thread. It's the main reason why we ended up going to therapy in the first place. He was actually the one who suggested that I update you all on the situation.

After I told him that someone could just Google berth ell pup and find the phrase in this thread, he looked me in the eye and said "That's so loving hot."

When he goes to work I'm leaving. He'll find this post eventually but I don't care. I need a few days to cool off and reconsider my options. He's ill. He needs serious help and I think I'm going to call his brother to tell him (without specifics). I texted my aunt already and she'll be here to pick me up with a moment's notice.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Me [27 M] with my wife [26 F] 4 years, I have kept my hobby a secret because I'm afraid she'll make fun of me.

quote:

So, this might seem trivial to some of you but it kinda matters to me.

I'm a nerd and also introverted as well, in college I didn't have any friends or a girlfriend. It wasn't until 4 years ago me and (T) met and started dating, she is wonderful honestly but I have always been self conscious.

I try to hide the things I'm into (anime, Pokemon, And I occasionally build model rockets I know it's stupid) because I don't want her to laugh or find me unattractive.

I've managed to hide it from her for now but she's catching on that I'm hiding something from her. I'm​ just afraid of how she'll look at me and don't know what to do. Maybe I'm just being paranoid for nothing?

tl;dr: I'm a bit nerdy (I build model rockets, watch anime, and yes I look like one too) and I'm afraid to show my hobbies to my wife.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Universe Master posted:

I think if she did the ultimate cuckolding and just left him at the alter and never came back, he die from a semen explosion.
She should have made him go sit in the audience while she married the boyfriend.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

maskenfreiheit posted:

I usually only wash my hands if I'm about to eat or after pooping, does that make me a terrible manchild?
I usually give my hands a rinse after peeing, but going full scrub all the time seems like overkill.

Maybe we are both the manchildren.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

i got IP banned by okcupid for messaging her a lot and creeping her out, she said she thought it was harrassment.

It takes a lot to get banned from OkCupid. Like... a lot.

Yawgmoth posted:

I usually give my hands a rinse after peeing, but going full scrub all the time seems like overkill.

Maybe we are both the manchildren.

nope, if two people on the internet do something, it's perfectly normal and no one can shame us. are you any good at CSS? we can set up a subreddit to discuss our alternative lifestyle

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 15, 2017

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

misguided rage posted:

She should have made him go sit in the audience while she married the boyfriend.

Nobody would have been able to hear the vows over his moaning.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Pick posted:

re: a commenter telling her that people could easily google "berth ell pup" and find that thread

Prep the bail

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [27 M] with my wife [26 F] 4 years, I have kept my hobby a secret because I'm afraid she'll make fun of me.

What exactly is the harm in telling her your hobbies at this point, are you worried shell use your rockets to escape?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
if they remade friends today, ross would get divorced by his first wife for being a weeaboo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
bottle rockets are fine, lead with that. never mention the anime. that is grounds for an annulment