Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Miller is a beautiful track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It's butt is all

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowy posted:

It's butt is all

And it's beautiful.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its more

Imo

(Is the japanese one going to have happy eyebrows)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

IronDoge posted:

I swear videos of LED lights are going to give me siezures one of these days. :siren:

LEDs don’t have to do that. It’s just the cheapest and laziest way to control brightness.

Videos are one thing, but some of the worst offenders can be seen with the naked eye, and that’s just terrible when driving down the road.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Platystemon posted:

LEDs don’t have to do that. It’s just the cheapest and laziest way to control brightness.

Videos are one thing, but some of the worst offenders can be seen with the naked eye, and that’s just terrible when driving down the road.
Well whatever it is that Audi use in their headlights can gently caress right off. The highbeams of an A4 were so bright last night that I could hear my retinas sizzling.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nah id rather have something as robust as a PWM rather than an additional heat source in the form of a constant current power supply.

What I dont get is why they dont pulse at 120hz+ but its probably for longevity reasons.

^^Audis specific shade of blue white is so searing i bet it could be used for sterilization.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:12 on May 13, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122489862250

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Superb

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

No I don't think that's it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_vw_e2T4c

Yes please.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Group B cars are awesome: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/05/group-b-rally-cars-are-awesome-and-we-just-drove-some/

stump
Jan 19, 2006

InitialDave posted:

MSuspension height sensors from something with air suspension or HID lights to let you measure pitch, and you can probably nail together something vaguely workable from other junkyard kit and an arduino etc to enforce a simple "keep the car level" maxim, plus air brake functions.
Hinge wing and front, back of wing is mounted to a shaft linked to somewhere near the hub on each side. Active aero and a swaybar.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Aero talk, how about some unsprung aero. Why worry about ground clearance as the car body squats under force when you can mount the wing to the wheels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFO3YIJA1d4

Guy has some decent videos, breaks down things

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I want to make a rigid splitter/underbody/diffuser and mount it directly to the uprights. It would not be the same as putting the wing loads into the wheels but would pretty much eliminate pitch sensitivity and make the ground effect much more considistant.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jamal posted:

I want to make a rigid splitter/underbody/diffuser and mount it directly to the uprights. It would not be the same as putting the wing loads into the wheels but would pretty much eliminate pitch sensitivity and make the ground effect much more considistant.

I had to google this to make sure it was a typo and not some aero effect terminology that flew way over my head.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Heh, yeah, typo. I feel like it would be hard to make in practice, first having the panel stiff enough and second being able to keep the body of the car from hitting it. But big vertical surfaces on the sides, in the front wheel wells and around the the front splitter would help, along with underbody tunnels and cutting away the actual chassis to make clearance.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Just mount the proof of concept version to something with massive ground clearance :v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Imagine that imgur hadn't gotten rid of mobile upload without a sign in, and that I had posted drool-worthy pics of the Chapparal 2e being driven in anger.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just Google imgur upload. One of the first links take you to the desktop site then it's business as usual.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

jamal posted:

Look up the Lotus 88.

Between that getting banned and active suspension getting banned... ugh.

Also, underbody aero best aero.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Idk but it still seems to allow it without an account on ios

otaku69
May 18, 2003

hackbunny posted:

I look at that wheelbase and I want to scream "you wanted to put how many horsepower in that?!"

more is always the answer

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jaguar 4.2 i6 with a 4 speed manual with overdrive, and a passenger seat for the ladies

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-282674/1953-ferguson-to-30/

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

um excuse me posted:

Just Google imgur upload. One of the first links take you to the desktop site then it's business as usual.

I haven't bothered with the imgur app for a year because it's worse than the mobile site. Just use their site for uploads, that way you can actually find the proper BBCode share link.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Uploader for imgur" is an app on the Google Play store that allows you to upload like crazy with no login or anything.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

"Uploader for imgur" is an app on the Google Play store that allows you to upload like crazy with no login or anything.

Or you can install the SALR extension and have Imgur uploads available via a button.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Awful.ipa also does inline Imgur uploads. Just do the automatic [img] tag in the paste menu and select "from camera/library". Also to resize big images just add "h" right before the .jpg. Imgur has been getting really annoying recently, you can't even view direct image links without it redirecting you to the album view anymore.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
So, last week as well as getting to drive a Metro 6R4, I got to try a whole bunch of microcars. Some of them were indeed terrible but it's still awesome AI car poo poo: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/05/microcar-madness-at-the-lane-motor-museum/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Of course it's a Walmart.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I'd like it more if the weird rear end curves didn't make it look vacuum packed.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

drgitlin posted:

So, last week as well as getting to drive a Metro 6R4, I got to try a whole bunch of microcars. Some of them were indeed terrible but it's still awesome AI car poo poo: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/05/microcar-madness-at-the-lane-motor-museum/

Great article. I love those tiny cars. It's too bad they're not at all safe on the road and can't be built anymore.

I'd dd an Isetta if it were possible.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Deteriorata posted:

Great article. I love those tiny cars. It's too bad they're not at all safe on the road and can't be built anymore.

I'd dd an Isetta if it were possible.

Would you DD this one?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm seeing a bit of ye olde Mk4 Supra in this and I can see how the new one could look if given the Lexus treatment. Are the designers for Lexus and Toyota the same these days? Both are overly busy in terms of look...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Huh, the SC was always the car that stood out from the rest of Lexus styling-wise. Now it looks like every single other Lexus but it's got a fantastic engine note instead. Was the LFA the first Lexus to look like this? Is Lexus trying to make every car of theirs look like the LFA? How many people even know the LFA exists?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJBaruDcQq0

Insight shell? Check. SVX powertrain? Check. Crown victoria suspension? Check. Hearing protection? WHAT? SPEAK UP.

:psyduck:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Huh, the SC was always the car that stood out from the rest of Lexus styling-wise. Now it looks like every single other Lexus but it's got a fantastic engine note instead. Was the LFA the first Lexus to look like this? Is Lexus trying to make every car of theirs look like the LFA? How many people even know the LFA exists?

Fairly confident that 98% of the general population has forgotten the LFA ever existed.

I'd drive a big 'ol cock n' balls on wheels if it had that engine note and interior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Think it has a 5.3L swap?