Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BrianWilly posted:

More on topic: how could anyone forget the Bobbi vs Ward fight from the season 2 finale.

Very few mentions for the Quake-integrated fights in the last two seasons also. Quake vs LMD Mace/Coulson this season was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CaveGrinch posted:

There isn't a chance in hell any of the Netflix series individually have a higher budget than AoS.

Is this really true? I would have thought the Netflix shows have a much higher budget, at least per-episode. Even the bad ones like Iron Fist seem like they have much higher production values than AoS.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Sets, shooting in L.A., much larger cast, extensive CGI and being produced for network TV. AoS costs a lot more per episode. Clearly the cinematography is much different than the Netflix shows (also produced by ABC Studios) but that's a tonal choice.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Combine Tripp, Ward, and Mack into a new body, and their three personas are in constant conflict with each other and fighting for dominance.

It worked on Gargoyles and it will work now.

This, but use it as an opportunity to make a weird version of 3D Man.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

CaveGrinch posted:

Sets, shooting in L.A., much larger cast, extensive CGI and being produced for network TV. AoS costs a lot more per episode. Clearly the cinematography is much different than the Netflix shows (also produced by ABC Studios) but that's a tonal choice.

I doubt shooting in NYC is cheap. Aren't the Netflix shows shot in NYC?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The budget per episode for the netflix series is ~$3 million.

The only budget we know about for AoS is that the pilot cost $14 million. Theoretically each episode in-season would be much less expensive, but no idea how much that would be.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Clark Gregg is doing an AMA in Reddit right now : https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Barry Convex posted:

Apparently, it's still a full season order, so I guess it'll premiere in January and air with minimal to no interruption through May.

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/864514521691443200

this is the surest sign yet it's going to be canceled :smith:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

The budget per episode for the netflix series is ~$3 million.

The only budget we know about for AoS is that the pilot cost $14 million. Theoretically each episode in-season would be much less expensive, but no idea how much that would be.

I'm not a TV producer but the gently caress did that cost $14 million? I don't remember any major CGI or otherwise special effects except for I guess the Centipede arm poo poo. Are pilots just always expensive because you're paying everyone for a one-time thing with no guarantee it'll be picked up?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Oasx posted:

Clark Gregg is doing an AMA in Reddit right now : https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/

AMA's seem very hard to follow.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah. The surest sign would be if the next season only has 3 episodes. Or, you know if it hadn't been renewed at all.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Oasx posted:

the actual link: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/6bjp40/this_is_clark/

e:

also this is an easy way to see all his responses:
https://www.reddit.com/user/clarktothegregg

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 16, 2017

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'm not a TV producer but the gently caress did that cost $14 million? I don't remember any major CGI or otherwise special effects except for I guess the Centipede arm poo poo. Are pilots just always expensive because you're paying everyone for a one-time thing with no guarantee it'll be picked up?

Sets are expensive and I think they had to build a bunch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oasx posted:

Fanamir: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has been renewed for a fifth season, but does not appear on ABC's Fall schedule. Obviously, it will start later, but we've been getting mixed signals. Do you know if Season 5 will be a full, 22 episode season or has it been shortened?

clarktothegregg: Yes. Full season after the 8 eps of The Inhumans. Then we do our whole run. Could be cool that way.

So, there we have it. Inhumans first, then AOS Season 5.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Kheldarn posted:

Fanamir: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has been renewed for a fifth season, but does not appear on ABC's Fall schedule. Obviously, it will start later, but we've been getting mixed signals. Do you know if Season 5 will be a full, 22 episode season or has it been shortened?

clarktothegregg: Yes. Full season after the 8 eps of The Inhumans. Then we do our whole run. Could be cool that way.

So, there we have it. Inhumans first, then AOS Season 5.

Pretty much the only actual news or interest there.

Kinda confirms AoS for the death slot, though. I can't see the Gospel of Kevin succeeding, though, so it's not out of the question that Inhumans opens on Fridays but AoS reclaims its Tuesday slot by that point.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Also the "death slot" doesn't matter as much to a show with a strong time shifting base like AoS has.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

howe_sam posted:

Also the "death slot" doesn't matter as much to a show with a strong time shifting base like AoS has.

Yeah, I question how real that concept is at this point. I think I've watched this show live-air like 2 or 3 times, ever. I honestly have no clue what time on Tuesday it even aired. And I seriously doubt I'm unusual with respect to this show's fanbase.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Xealot posted:

Yeah, I question how real that concept is at this point. I think I've watched this show live-air like 2 or 3 times, ever. I honestly have no clue what time on Tuesday it even aired. And I seriously doubt I'm unusual with respect to this show's fanbase.

The concept is real is the sense that live ratings dictate ad revenue -- a primary source of income for networks.

Your instincts are correct insofar as AoS has pretty bad live ratings but solid +7 ratings (from people who record the the show to watch later on). I don't think the Friday slot is going to hurt them much, the AoS fan-base is pretty loyal (if unfortunately small), but it won't be good for Inhumans and doesn't show much confidence in the property.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have never watched it at airtime.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Even the Hulu package that turns off commercials still shows a commercial before and after AoS.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have never watched it at airtime.

Yeah, neither do most people -- which is why it's getting shuffled over to a lovely time slot and why its budget is being cut.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aleph Null posted:

Even the Hulu package that turns off commercials still shows a commercial before and after AoS.

That always made me laugh. Like what sponsor got the shaft in the form of the AFTER ad?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bring back old gbs posted:

That always made me laugh. Like what sponsor got the shaft in the form of the AFTER ad?

I always assumed it was the same as the ad they play at the beginning. I'm not sure, because I've never actually watched it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Apparently, it's still a full season order, so I guess it'll premiere in January and air with minimal to no interruption through May.

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/864514521691443200

Oh, you're back. Is SHIELD gone yet?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So much for the aliens on the moon idea:

http://screenrant.com/inhumans-tv-series-synopsis-attilan/

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Chokes McGee posted:

Come on, now. Five seasons is plenty. Shows rarely go on longer than that and stay good and fresh.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

ashpanash posted:

Come on, now. Five seasons is plenty. Shows rarely go on longer than that and stay good and fresh.

I think Chokes was being sarcastic.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I wonder if they've filmed enough Inhumans yet to throw in a teaser at the end of the episode tonight...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well that was a :geno: finale

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pissed off Ghost Rider looked fuckin siiiiiiiiick

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha that loving ruled

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh he's mad

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I need a Ghost Rider show. All Ghost Rider, All the time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yesssss, Ghost Rider. :black101:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

gently caress yes Ghost Rider.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mental Hospitality posted:

I need a Ghost Rider show. All Ghost Rider, All the time.

Ghost Rider netflix show with Robbie when.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Don't forget to get good Ward out, too. :ohdear:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I guess that means no AI people coming out of the Matrix.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Don't forget to get good Ward out, too. :ohdear:

The 3D human printer uses darkhold stuff to build people, I don't think we want good Ward to be made out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Locked thread