Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Corbin is gonna be the WWE champion this year.

3am on the top floor of Titan Towers, Vince McMahon looks frantically between a height chart of Baron Corbin and a chart detailing his hairline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Didn't stop him from pushing Hogan.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
There was a good while where SmackDown Live was can't-miss for me, but I skipped last night and don't regret it at all.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jinder winning would unironically devalue the title.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

Jinder winning would unironically devalue the title.
Yeah. SmackDown has too much talent to be throwing away main events like that. I'm very pumped about Backlash but even as an Orton fan I may skip the main event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Bray winning would unironically devalue the title.

- Me in January

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

super macho dude posted:

Didn't stop him from pushing Hogan.

Baron Corbin needs a bandana.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Julio Cruz posted:

Orton v Jinder is going to be absolutely terrible. If even AJ can't drag a halfway decent match out of Jinder then Orton has no loving chance.

e: also I understand why they have contract signings for title matches but why the gently caress did they do one for a totally pointless 6-woman tag?

Because they're bad at writing, but they at least covered it at the beginning of the segment their excuse: Natalya asked for it to be in the ring because she had something to say to the faces in front of the whole world.

Contract signing exist to have a confrontation without violence (which is why the trope being turned into always violence at signings in WWE is awful). Some of the NXT ones have been great because it allows characters to poo poo talk, to show off their beef, develop characters and relationships. But when violence happens always it's kinda disappointing to me. If every feud is a blood feud where they can't control themselves, it's not special.

Sugar Blaster posted:

i finally saw guardians vol. 2 earlier tonight and i still can't get over how hilarious it is that vince and co. continue to not take batista up on his offer to come back for another run for no reason other than what amounts to petty spite at this point.

I think his interest went away. Honestly though, if they built him up well in a 1-2 month return rampage as 'hollywood dick' Batista, I'd enjoy him facing Brock. His best matches were often against the big guys who could work, would be a draw (I'd like to think), and a fresh match.

bradzilla posted:

1. Nope it's real
2. Yes

I really hope they're not putting the strap on Jinder, he was really badly exposed last night as a bad promo and bad wrestler. He needs to go back to comedy jobbing like yesterday.

e: Apparently to fill out the Backlash card, they added Rowan vs. Harper and Aiden English vs. Tye Dillinger :confused:

Rematches from 2 clean wins and 1 eye poke win, who isn't in love?

And lol at the fashion police's burn on Corbin. "3 shirts, all wolves." And I'm glad they're soft burying the 'day one ish' bullshit, it's such a bad slogan. WHY WE DO THIS? THIS DAY ONE ISH (holds up title). Just means nothing. Plus their 'It's not paranoia, it's the USOS' feels like a catchphrase based on a plotline, except that never happened so instead it's just them hard forcing a catchphrase.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Corbin should feud with Roman so we can have a Shameful Belly vs Shameful Back.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

dromal phrenia posted:

Alexa consistently shoots the treasure in gauntlet. I don't know why I find that so hilarious, but I do.

Like the rest of her playing is normal 'bad at video game' stuff but she'll collect every treasure except for one and then shoot it for 10 seconds straight.

Also I didn't know Lonely Island had a movie!

they have like 2 1/2 movies and they're all great

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Charlotte is being asked to replace Eva Marie on Total Divas

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Total Divas ratings are suffering a bit, they should put Roman on it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

RealFoxy posted:

One time they did a story where the Bella Twins thought Daniel Bryan was a virgin and he had an asian fetish and that still didn't make him look like as much of a nerd as Sammi Zayn is now

Still the biggest lie ever spoken on RAW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6zXh_S2PHc&t=98s

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
From the night Jinder won the Six-Pack Challenge:

quote:

Jericho asked Mahal if Vince told him about his current push and Jinder said, “actually, he got to the arena really late, like 6:30 and that match took a long time to call and we were like literally calling it for maybe half an hour before match time. But he had rewritten my promo. The original promo was something totally different.”

“So when I finished calling the match, one of the writers was like ‘hey Vince changed your promo’ and I was like ‘okay, bring it to me’ so they brought it to me and I had read the America comment and all that and I was like ‘ugh I like the old promo better.’ Like it was something like, ‘I tried being peaceful but nobody was listening but now I have all you guys’ attention, I just beat five of SmackDown’s very best and I did it all alone.’ Something like that, it was just a regular heel promo but the new one was like: You Americans, this and that — I was like ugh I don’t like it, but Vince wrote it, it’s okay. But I did it and the reaction that I got I was like ‘ah man, Vince is a genius.’ He knows exactly what draws the most heat.”
I don't know if Vince was rewriting promos for SmackDown since the brand split, but if not, that explains why things seem different.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love eating salt

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

- Me in January

Bray winning the title was loving awesome until the week after Randy burned down his house.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bray should cut it out with the spoooooky magic nonsense and embrace his gutter punk dirt-wheel look, like him and a dirty malnourished dog with just a rope for a leash sit off to side of the ramp and spange for beer money during other wrestlers entrances.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Jinder winning might devalue the title, but it honestly can't be worse than Orton having another boring, passionless, uninteresting set of promos with another heel who might not be very good but at least he's loving trying.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jinder Mahals cousin wrestles too and he pretends to be a salsa dancing puerto Rican. We got the wrong brown dude.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

super macho dude posted:

Bray should cut it out with the spoooooky magic nonsense and embrace his gutter punk dirt-wheel look, like him and a dirty malnourished dog with just a rope for a leash sit off to side of the ramp and spange for beer money during other wrestlers entrances.

Bray and the Drifter as a down-and-out hobo tag team.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Grendels Dad posted:

Baron Corbin needs a bandana.

that is not actually the Hulk Hogan Headwear (Triple H) that he needs. He needs a foam helmet with a big fist on it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i like bray best as a fat rob zombie type wrestler. i want him to show up to the arena in a dragula complete with a phantom creeps robot in the back seat.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Julio Cruz posted:

Bray and the Drifter as a down-and-out hobo tag team.

Yo this would un ironically rule.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

seriously why doesn't bray cruise around in some sort of doom wagon. i miss when wrestlers had cars that fit their personalities. how hard would it be to just buy an old hearse, paint it camo, and give it a spoiler and jacked up tires or something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Bray and the drifter as gutter punk hobos feuding with the fashion police is extremely my poo poo.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

dromal phrenia posted:

Also I didn't know Lonely Island had a movie!
You and most audiences. :(

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bray and The Drifter is too perfect to not happen so of course it won't

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

projecthalaxy posted:

that is not actually the Hulk Hogan Headwear (Triple H) that he needs. He needs a foam helmet with a big fist on it WAR BONNET

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i like bray best as a fat rob zombie type wrestler. i want him to show up to the arena in a dragula complete with a phantom creeps robot in the back seat.

If he started coming out in a Dragula like Eddie used to do with the low riders I would definitely start watching again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would love to see Bray paired with The Drifter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Womp

quote:

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.175 million viewers for USA Network. The number was down from the 2.348 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nobody wants to see Jinder's bacne.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Contract signing exist to have a confrontation without violence (which is why the trope being turned into always violence at signings in WWE is awful). Some of the NXT ones have been great because it allows characters to poo poo talk, to show off their beef, develop characters and relationships. But when violence happens always it's kinda disappointing to me. If every feud is a blood feud where they can't control themselves, it's not special.

loving this.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

The Ratings Killer Randy Orton

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Korelle posted:

The Ratings Killer Randy Orton

It's time for Handsome Rusev to save us all.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It's time for Handsome Rusev to save us all.

This but Lana.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Muddy Burphy posted:

There was a good while where SmackDown Live was can't-miss for me, but I skipped last night and don't regret it at all.

I haven't even read the results, that's how much I don't care about it.

Let me guess what happened
-Breezango get some win to build up to their tag title match
-JInder got some win to build up to his main event
-Dolph/Nakamura do some in ring talking segment where Dolph runs away before getting kinshasaed
-The women do some sort of tag match, which ends in a brawl leading to that announced tag match on the PPV. Winner doesn't matter.
-Some combination of AJ/Owens/Zayne/Corbin have a match, ends in a gently caress finish as other people get involved.

How close am I?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is it time to consider hindering Jinder yet

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
What are the chances that random option (c) happens in the Randy/Jinder match to give the finish of it at something resembling legs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Chrisley Knows Best is average around 2 million viewers right now.

• Locked thread