Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

sexpig by night posted:

oh wow how long has this been a thing in NRS games?

Injustice 1 had it, so did MKX.

If deadshot ends up needing nerfs (and its day fuckin 2 lol cmon) it'll probably be to his grounded mixup damage because good lord that man can hit hard off an overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

fadam posted:

The Omega sanction is Supposed to never miss and you can literally duck it in this game. Superman has less health than a young boy. Balance Trump's lore.

isn't this also in a universe where everyone has taken a drug that basically makes them as strong as superman, or is the Injustice 2 story in a different universe? I downloaded the game and went straight into playing online with Atrocitus.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh hey turning off release check fixed a lot of input issues I thought were from me being slow.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Input the buttons while you're still on the ground, and let dial-a-kombo do the work for you! In NRS games you can input buttons ahead of the time they'd actually go in to effect and the game is 'smart' enough to figure out your intention.

If you're having issues turn release check in your controller settings off.

Thanks, got it! The thread can look forward to more Dumb poo poo I Couldn't Find on Google in the coming days

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah turning off release check solves pretty much every input issue except the pesky down,back,forward inputs which are incredibly annoying

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I turned off input shortcuts too and it greatly improved my input accuracy so I'd recommend that as well to peope having trouble

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, I love literally everything about Poison Ivy except you can't buffer the stance cancel input during a move. Her b2 is nuts.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Dang, I love literally everything about Poison Ivy except you can't buffer the stance cancel input during a move. Her b2 is nuts.

AI Ivy does legit crossups with her plant buddy which is impressive

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fadam posted:

Balance Trump's lore.

I can't, he keeps changing it.

Thank you, that was my joke.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I gonna leave that typo in and pretend it's incisive commentary.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

FunkMonkey posted:

Whiny hyperbole aside, does Deadshot have balance issues?

No, as with Jackie and Deathstroke before, scrubs don't understand how to get around projectile characters in NRS games. Mainly the fact that you have to duck and not block, wait and dash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

The Omega sanction is Supposed to never miss and you can literally duck it in this game. Superman has less health than a young boy. Balance Trump's lore.

It never misses. It can be dodged.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

HebrewMagic posted:

Made a guild for Xbox players, Goonrilla Grodd. ID is 02FRM.
Hit me with a monkey joke or stair reference in the request.
It looks like you don't have the guild set to accept applications.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Aphrodite posted:

It never misses. It can be dodged.

Think real hard about what you just said right there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Injustice 1 had it, so did MKX.

If deadshot ends up needing nerfs (and its day fuckin 2 lol cmon) it'll probably be to his grounded mixup damage because good lord that man can hit hard off an overhead.

Huh, that was a gamechanger for me, pity I didn't notice it in MKX.

Also yea that's what I'd change up too, I'm fine with him being a ranged monster, my issue is him having that AND being able to mixup like fuckin Flash

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why does Deadshot not have a % random chance for his guns to jam forcing you to find a window to clear them? It's not very realistic imho.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

FunkMonkey posted:

Whiny hyperbole aside, does Deadshot have balance issues?

Its day 2. Way too early for any balance complaining.

Deadshot is overpowered only in the sense that most casual people are too dumb and refuse to learn any amount of patience and he even a just-picked-up-the-game spamming deadshot will wreck that.

That said right now if I had to toss my hat in for whose really strong, Black Adam and Cheetah are my week 1 picks but we will see how that pans out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
green arrow only having 5 kinds of arrows is bullshit. Where is the net arrow, the sleeping gas arrow, the trampoline arrow, etc? NRS really fuckin dropped the ball lore-wise and I'm gonna trade in my copy and get Tekke-hahahahahahahaha

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

WarEternal posted:

No, as with Jackie and Deathstroke before, scrubs don't understand how to get around projectile characters in NRS games. Mainly the fact that you have to duck and not block, wait and dash.

Hahaha like that time Deathstroke won an entire tournament spamming guns early in Injustice 1's release. It's lucky the whole field at a fighting game tournament was scrubs

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Jimmy Hats posted:

green arrow only having 5 kinds of arrows is bullshit. Where is the net arrow, the sleeping gas arrow, the trampoline arrow, etc? NRS really fuckin dropped the ball lore-wise and I'm gonna trade in my copy and get Tekke-hahahahahahahaha

You should get tekken tho

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah Deathstroke was legit broken in early Injustice. NRS is not the best at balancing zoners.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It looks like you don't have the guild set to accept applications.

Fixed, try again

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Like they has this list to go off of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick_arrows#Green_Arrow.27s_trick_arrows

And we got like 1 of them

E: Why do we have ice arrows instead of handcuff arrows?????!?!??

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I don't think Deadshot could beat my number one wife Elphelt at guns-ing.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah Deathstroke was legit broken in early Injustice. NRS is not the best at balancing zoners.

maybe because everyone on their testing team plays with some loving honor instead of gun spamming like a BITCH

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jimmy Hats posted:

Like they has this list to go off of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trick_arrows#Green_Arrow.27s_trick_arrows

And we got like 1 of them

E: Why do we have ice arrows instead of handcuff arrows?????!?!??

Lol, what the christ is an Aqualung arrow? You shoot someone and it starts playing flute solos or some poo poo.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

Lol, what the christ is an Aqualung arrow? You shoot someone and it starts playing flute solos or some poo poo.

I assume it hits them with scuba gear so they can breathe underwater??? Or he shoots himself???

Holy poo poo there is a tri-handcuff arrow why isn't that the meter burn version of handcuff arrow?!?!

Green Arrow fuckin rules

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Its day 2. Way too early for any balance complaining.

Deadshot is overpowered only in the sense that most casual people are too dumb and refuse to learn any amount of patience and he even a just-picked-up-the-game spamming deadshot will wreck that.

That said right now if I had to toss my hat in for whose really strong, Black Adam and Cheetah are my week 1 picks but we will see how that pans out.

Black Adam will absolutely be in the top 5 or 6 forever, his tools for punishing people are very powerful and he hits like a brick wall made of other smaller brick walls. I think he was high-skill in the previous game too, and he kept all his good poo poo in this one

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Saint Freak posted:

Is Deadshot known for anything but jobbing?

He's been one of the breakout characters in a couple of different "villain protagonist" DC series, he's had two well-regarded solo books, and he and Waller are the only real core members of the Suicide Squad. At this point, his origins as a throwaway Bat-villain are more or less forgotten.

His daughter Zoey was introduced in his 2005 limited series, and she shows up in his arcade ending.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carebearz posted:

Look at this guy who has apparently never played an RPG.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I assume it hits them with scuba gear so they can breathe underwater??? Or he shoots himself???

Holy poo poo there is a tri-handcuff arrow why isn't that the meter burn version of handcuff arrow?!?!

Green Arrow fuckin rules

Green Arrow occasionally has arrows that are just other gear he needs, but attached to an arrow.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wanderer posted:

He's been one of the breakout characters in a couple of different "villain protagonist" DC series, he's had two well-regarded solo books, and he and Waller are the only real core members of the Suicide Squad. At this point, his origins as a throwaway Bat-villain are more or less forgotten.

His daughter Zoey was introduced in his 2005 limited series, and she shows up in his arcade ending.

Boomerang is also a very long running Suicide Squad character, though he has a much stronger presence outside of the comic than Deadshot ever did.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jobbing is Deadshot's entire character, even in Suicide Squad.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Jobbing is Deadshot's entire character, even in Suicide Squad.

Jobbing and failed suicide attempts.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Green Arrow occasionally has arrows that are just other gear he needs, but attached to an arrow.

So yeah basically he loving rules

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Stranded in the arctic. Thank God I brought my Yamaha 2018 Sidewinder R-TX LE Snowmobile With Optional Heated Seats Arrow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It's smart but I'm not sure how the heroin really factored into the plan, Speedy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

See, now you might think "why not put the whistle on the original cat arrow" and that my friend is why you're not a superhero.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carebearz posted:

High-level Injustice 2 gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWLS4UAdgo

Yes, firing an empty syringe through the air might make a "meow" noise.

Good thinking Speedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://io9.gizmodo.com/16-trick-arrows-that-make-green-arrows-boxing-glove-a-1493963093

#1 on the list is the Aqualung Arrow.

• Locked thread