Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Jose posted:

Have i missed any armour sets if i've got the stealth, zora, heat resistant, cold resistant, fire resistant, climbing, barbarian, lightning resistant and ancient sets? I'm missing the odd bit from some of those but I've got the barbarian fully upgraded now

I might go trash hyrule castle up a bit to get some ancient cores to finish off the ancient armour set since i've not been there yet and still have 2 divine beasts to do

there are two heat resistant, dunno if you wanted both.
the set you get from 120 shrines completed.
dark link set you can buy from kilton.
snow/sand boots but i guess those aren't part of full sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zaphod42 posted:

Dark set, Wild set, Radiant Set, uhhhhh Amiibo Sets... uhhhhhh....

You didn't mention champions or hyrule either but I assume you have those

I've got the champions chest bit is there more? I don't plan on doing all 120 shrines

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Nah, the champion tunic isn't part of a set.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Jose posted:

I've got the champions chest bit is there more? I don't plan on doing all 120 shrines

No, but there is an armor set you get for doing all 120.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Have i missed any armour sets if i've got the stealth, zora, heat resistant, cold resistant, fire resistant, climbing, barbarian, lightning resistant and ancient sets? I'm missing the odd bit from some of those but I've got the barbarian fully upgraded now

I might go trash hyrule castle up a bit to get some ancient cores to finish off the ancient armour set since i've not been there yet and still have 2 divine beasts to do

:smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Cripes, even MORE lynel/hinox/dragon hunting for that 4 star upgrade. I want to upgrade everything I have (no amiibo stuff), but god drat so much monster hunting!

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It was actually obnoxious at a certain point thanks to Hinox Guts being drat near as rare as Star Pieces. Lynel & Dragon parts were actually nbd by comparison.

All that grinding is probably what steered me towards just saying "gently caress it" and rushing the Hyrule Castle Sanctum to get poo poo overwith. I had seen & done enough.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ProjektorBoy posted:

It was actually obnoxious at a certain point thanks to Hinox Guts being drat near as rare as Star Pieces. Lynel & Dragon parts were actually nbd by comparison.

All that grinding is probably what steered me towards just saying "gently caress it" and rushing the Hyrule Castle Sanctum to get poo poo overwith. I had seen & done enough.

This is also what drove me to finish the game

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

ProjektorBoy posted:

I'm at 47% and my goal is 50%. I still have about 10 side quests left. I'd like to upgrade all my armors, but hunting down those drat colored lizalfos and specific fish is ughhhhhh. Dragon Hunting wasn't as bad as I thought. Hinox's die real easily, but like you said, those drat guts. I actually had another star fragment drop from the sky yesterday!

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

ProjektorBoy posted:

I'm at 102 shrines and would have done the same but at this point I'm SO close. Although I have no idea where most of the last shrines were so who knows.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Like, I hadn't done Tarrey Town or Typhlo Ruins. I hadn't mounted the Lord of the Mountain or finished Eventide. But I had gone to every reasonable landmark that one should and traversed many non-road routes to get there.

I had the Master Sword & Hylian Shield. About 88-92 Shrines completed, including the shrines that got me the full Barbarian set. (Even though I opted to upgrade the Fierce Deity instead of Barbarian)

I do have some lingering questions about certain parts of the map, however. The Royal Laboratory Ruins that sit just west of Hyrule Castle had me scratching my head. You can't have so much Ancient tech study being implied in the memories and then leave that landmark barren. I hope the DLC put something there. Faron also seemed a little desolate like it was missing something big.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wow I just found out that all the NPCs in Tarrey Town have unique dialogue for when you talk to them while standing on their furniture. This loving game, man.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

pooch516 posted:

I'm at 102 shrines and would have done the same but at this point I'm SO close. Although I have no idea where most of the last shrines were so who knows.

You can google a map with the stars on it and use that. You still will get to a star and nothings there and you have to figure out what to do. Its hard to just explore to find them, they are NOT evenly spaced around the world.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wait do the amiibo clothes have set bonuses???

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yes. Although no bonus is unique to an amiibo set.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Fierce Deity Armor is functionally the same as Barbarian Armor. Just looks different, of course.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Wait do the amiibo clothes have set bonuses???

All the amiibo tunic sets have the same Master Sword Beam Damage set bonus as the Wild Tunic. Fierce Deity set has the same attack up buffs and Charge Stamina set bonus as the Barbarian set.
Sheik's hat has stealth up, but doesn't count as part of the Sheikah set for activating Night Speed Up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

So I'm really early in the game and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the openness of this game. I just got the quest for the 4 beasts and I know I'm vastly underprepared. Am I just suppose to wander around until I feel ready or is there someplace I'm suppose to go next?

A bit late but I feel ya, I felt the same way too. Like the other poster said, try to follow the quest to get the camera, then I'd recommend following the path to the 'south-east' beast. The reward you get for beating it is supremely helpful early-game when you're still learning how to fight. I'd avoid the south-west beast until last, it's great but opens up stuff that can make exploring more of a pain. Just my personal recommendation for a bit of structure, but really you can do whatever you want (seriously 100% true in this game).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What I want to do is find that inventory-expanding jackass again, now that I feel more confident about wandering around the world and not getting pimp slapped by Lynels or Guardians. Can anyone say as generally as possible what direction his home is in so I have a rough guess where to wander first?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ciaphas posted:

What I want to do is find that inventory-expanding jackass again, now that I feel more confident about wandering around the world and not getting pimp slapped by Lynels or Guardians. Can anyone say as generally as possible what direction his home is in so I have a rough guess where to wander first?

You gotta get lost.... in some woods.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there major differences between playing this on the Wii U instead of the Switch?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

You gotta get lost.... in some woods.

I meant like roughly which way on the map. I guess I could just tromp around and find all the towers though. I might just do that.

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there major differences between playing this on the Wii U instead of the Switch?

Technically the Switch seems like it has a better framerate in places like towns and crowded areas, but I dunno if that's just me.

Not being tied to a console was huge in me giving this game another chance though (I own the WiiU version and am borrowing my brother's Switch copy). Game feels much better as a portable pick up and put down sort of affair.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ciaphas posted:

I meant like roughly which way on the map. I guess I could just tromp around and find all the towers though. I might just do that.

North of the castle.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Ciaphas posted:

The first location you can find him at before he reaches home is Northwestish of his original location. If you find him there, he'll stick around and give you a few more upgrades before moving on to a second location, where he'll stick around and give you more if you find him there.

Or if you head directly to his Home, he'll be there when you get there, regardless of whether you spotted him at the two previous locations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

The instructions his grandpa always told him were to head north, following the Hylia River.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

Try just east of Hyrule Field.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
You can meet him at a stable on along the river

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks awfully, folks. I was thinking of wandering towards Hyrule Castle and parrying the hell out of some more Guardians anyway, so I'll turn thataway and see what I can see.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Augus posted:

Wow I just found out that all the NPCs in Tarrey Town have unique dialogue for when you talk to them while standing on their furniture. This loving game, man.

Well actually, that just happens to shops in general. If you can stand on it and the npc reacts, they'll have something to say to you as well.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I'm a huge nerd and I've been wondering: just how big is Hyrule? Has anyone used the flight challenge to calculate a good estimate using the map, since it gives you your exact distance in meters? I haven't been able to find anything specific like that on Google, and I don't have the patience for tedium it would take to do it myself.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If the distance it gives you is only the horizontal distance, you could just float any amount of distance, mark the two points on the map, and extrapolate out everything else.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I'm a huge nerd and I've been wondering: just how big is Hyrule? Has anyone used the flight challenge to calculate a good estimate using the map, since it gives you your exact distance in meters? I haven't been able to find anything specific like that on Google, and I don't have the patience for tedium it would take to do it myself.

The general estimates I've seen have been about 9 km east-to-west, and just under 7 km north-south.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/5amsmj/analyzing_botw_map_size_cad_approach_google_earth/

Size comparison map from the post, comparing Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Ocarina of Time.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 19, 2017

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Up to 108 shrines and almost 200 seeds without having looked them up, feelin' pretty good. I dunno if I'll be able to power through and actually find the rest of the shrines on my own...

I wish there was a function like in A Link Between Worlds where the game would tell you how many shrines were remaining just in a given region. Would really tighten up the searching without making it feel like a giveaway.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I know it doesn't matter, but aside from Hyrule Castle nearly always being in the middle, it seems the only other major landmark to consistently remain in the same location throughout the games is Death Mountain (or Dragonroost Island) in the north-east-ish.

The desert is always West, but it varies between NW and SW. Lost Wood moves around a lot, as does Zora's Domain.

It's neat to see how the maps have changed, especially with the post-apocalyptic WW and presumably BotW.

Martman posted:

Up to 108 shrines and almost 200 seeds without having looked them up, feelin' pretty good. I dunno if I'll be able to power through and actually find the rest of the shrines on my own...

I wish there was a function like in A Link Between Worlds where the game would tell you how many shrines were remaining just in a given region. Would really tighten up the searching without making it feel like a giveaway.

I don't think there's any shame in getting some help in finding the last handful of shrines, especially since some of them are really well hidden. To make your life easier, (minor spoiler that could come in very handy) There are 42 Shrine Quests. Many of these are found at stables.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 19, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

If the distance it gives you is only the horizontal distance, you could just float any amount of distance, mark the two points on the map, and extrapolate out everything else.

Yeah, I just don't ever want to do that when I'm playing, lol. I was hoping someone else had gone to the trouble, little as it is.

maltesh posted:

The general estimates I've seen have been about 9 km east-to-west, and just under 7 km north-south.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/5amsmj/analyzing_botw_map_size_cad_approach_google_earth/

Size comparison map from the post, comparing Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Ocarina of Time.

Yeah, I've seen those. It kind of boggles my mind that it's so much bigger than Wind Waker; the ocean always felt so vast.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Reinanigans posted:

To make your life easier, (minor spoiler that could come in very handy) There are 42 Shrine Quests. Many of these are found at stables.
I got antsy and killed Ganon a while back, so yeah I noticed that. I do, in fact, have like 7 or 8 shrine quests remaining, so that's pretty solid actually. And I'm guessing the Leviathan skeleton in Eldin will also be near a shrine if it's like others, so I might only have like 4 or 5 shrines left to find that aren't guided by quests.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Martman posted:

Keep going, you can get all shrines without help. Don't even think about seeds, though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a release date for the first DLC yet?

Also, regarding the DLC, I still never got my Switch shirt in game. I got the other DLC chests, but the one with the Switch shirt on the snow covered wall of the plateau just never showed up for me :( Not sure what I can do to get it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Switch shirt is on a wall near the bomb shrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Since you brought up the flight challenge, there's already videos of people using a flying machine above Hebra and then floating all the way to Eventide and the thing maxes out at 10,000 meters at some point I think like 3/4 of the way there?